I am looking at making a custom jedi robe skin for Revan. Basically, I only want to change the Jedi or Jedi Master robe used by the player. I can't seem to get it to work, and I have a few questions. Here is what I have done so far.
- Using the KOTOR_tool:
> Looked ERFs\TexturePacks\swpc_tex_tpa.erf
> Found PFBI01.tpc which looked like the normal brownish jedi robe
> Extracted this texture
- Using tpc2tga.exe, I converted PFBI01.tpc to PFBI01.tga
- Using Paintshop Pro, I edited the texture and saved it.
- Took the .tga file and put it in the Override directory.
Alas, the robe was not replaced when I loaded a saved game and switched to the default jedi robe. So, I have a few questions:
1. In the TexturePacks, there is swpc_tex_tpa.erf, swpc_tex_tpb.erf, and swpc_tex_tpc.erf. As far as I can tell the textures are the same for each, except some are higher res than others (tpa is the highest I think). What are these different textures used for? Which set relates to the player character clothing skins?
2. Are the player textures different than the NPC textures for the same clothing?
3. What do I have to do with the converted and edited .tga to get it in the game? Do I just need to put it in the Override folder? Do I need to start a new game or can it be used from a saved game?
4. Does clothing that seems to use the same texture, such as the default brown jedi and jedi master robes, actually use the same texture? Does replacing that one texture affect all of them?
5. Am I missing any obvious steps? What do I have to do to edit the skin for the jedi robes for the PC?
Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction