lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: SOMEbody help !!! me!! please!!! (setting up clan dedicated server)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #1
coolbob
Lurker

SOMEbody help !!! me!! please!!!

im starting a new clan in jk2 and im try to make a clan server thats always running.ive seen some like FoU House of Pain and Jotr Bar and Grill that are always up and running even f no ones in them how can i create a server liek that please respond here or email me at joyofcola321@yahoo.com
coolbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2004, 05:58 AM   #2
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

You need to get the dedicated server thingy first.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
coolbob
Lurker

how do i get the dedicated server thingy?
coolbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Most of the servers you see running 24 hours a day are rented from companies that host game servers, such as

www.JediServers.com or

www.escapedturkey.com

Some people pay every month so other people like you can play for free on a professionally-hosted server. Isn't that nice of us?

You can run a server 24/7 from home if you have a fast cable modem or DSL Internet connection and a spare computer that can run the dedicated server program. But if you try playing on the same computer that is running the server, or if you try doing other things at the same time on the same computer, or if someone is surfing the Web or uploading\downloading files, it will cause lag.

You can get the dedicated server programs for Windows or Linux (make sure you get the same one that matches your operating system) here.

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Dedicated Server > SOMEbody help !!! me!! please!!! (setting up clan dedicated server)