lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Roots of Humanity
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-15-2004, 07:06 PM   #81
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Snake lit another cigarrete.
"So, who are these sith, jedi and dark jedi you talked about before?" He asked. H

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2004, 07:06 PM   #82
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Drake looks at Roman.

"We have thoughs too, like Corellia, I've been there many times. Its a pretty good place to visit."

He looks up at the ceiling, thinking of it fondly.
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2004, 07:08 PM   #83
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"So can we enter my shuttle any time soon" asked Roman.
bantha poo doo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #84
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
Tepe looked Roman. Then he turned to see Snake. "You know, the bad guy's..." Tepe said and turned back to see Roman. "I have no idea..."

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #85
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Drake looks at the shuttle with an odd look on his face, though hidden from others by his helmet.

"Your shuttles pretty banged up you know. Are you sure it'll still fly?"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:16 PM   #86
bantha poo doo
Rookie

Roman took out a small device and pushed a button which opened the door to the shuttle. As he entered, he noticed that power was minimal, only life support systems working, and everything else was destroyed, including the ship's chronometer.

"Aw crap" Roman said, trying to restore power to any other systems. Suddenly, the holographic map flickered on. But it did not show their location as it was supposed to. Looking at the map of the Milky Way galaxy, he was puzzled to see neither their location, nor their distance from the earth.

"You don't happen to have a working star chart do you?" asked Roman.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #87
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

"I got one on my ship, if you'd like to take a look." Drake stated.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #88
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"I have only this disk that holds a star map..." Tepe said and gave the disk to Roman. "But, you know that Earth is unknown to us, so it doesn't show on the map..." Tepe said after giving the disk to Roman

In our obscurity in all this vastness there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Old 02-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #89
bantha poo doo
Rookie

Roman took the disk, and turned on the star map. He looked at it puzzled. "Hmm, Earth should be somewhere right here" he pointed to an empty space at the very outer rim, bordering the unknown regions. "But there is nothing there, has that area been explored?"

"Earth may be unknown to you, but you should at least have the relative location of our star on this map, unless you never heard of a telescope?"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:25 PM   #90
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

"Thats the outer rim, right there. There are a few explored planets out there, but its mostly wild space. You'd be suprised by some of the strange creatures and aliens out there." Drake stated once more to Roman.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:29 PM   #91
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Telescope? I think I've herad that word on the jedi temple's library... Some ancient thingy to see far if I remember correctly..."

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 02-15-2004, 07:29 PM   #92
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"Wait a second, this doesn't seem right." Roman said. "The galaxy on my star map has 12 arms sticking out, this one only has 8!" Roman exclaimed, "You don't mean to say that this is another galaxy, if so how could there be humans here?"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:32 PM   #93
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"You know that some of our ancient fathers may have came to your... galaxy. By an accident and start to make... umh... children. And when the time past, the force energy drained out of you..."

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 02-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #94
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"You don't know what you're talking about do you" he asked? "And if this is another galaxy, where did humans evolve? This doesn't make sense"

"There is no proof at all that Humans came to Earth through any other means than evolution?"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #95
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Thinking, Drake looked at them both. "I never pretended to know much about all of this force stuff, but, even we ain't ever been to other Galaxys, for all you two know, every galaxy could have some sorta human in it!"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:39 PM   #96
bantha poo doo
Rookie

Just then, Roman managed to restore power to the chronometer. "Oh my, according to the chronometer's quantum dating apparatus, we are misplaced by TWO AND A HALF MILLION YEARS!" exclaimed Roman. "Um it must be broken or something, but everything says that its working properly."
Old 02-15-2004, 07:39 PM   #97
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Well, I don't care how you people got in there!" Tepe shouted and walked out of the ship. He sat down and took a metal plate out of his pocjet and pushed a button. There came a hologram from the jedi temple. Tepe looked at it for a long time. "Strange, ain't it? How the human's can be so stupid, as many other species have thought us many many things before we got lasers and so on..." Tepe mumbled, like speaking to someone behind him

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 02-15-2004, 07:40 PM   #98
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Drake was slightly stunned by the number. "Damn! Thats past any of our life times, are we talking in the future or the past?"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:43 PM   #99
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"Well, it says -2,569,250 years, so yes we travelled back in time according to this piece of junk, but we neither have the time travel technology nor the ability to travel outside the galaxy. How could we have possibly get here"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:45 PM   #100
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"Think" Tepe said, walking back in, just to hear Roman's question

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 02-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #101
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"Well, what matters is that we're here and were not go . . . . . Ok I can accept how we might be able to evolve in another galaxy, it could happen, but can you explain to me how everyone here in this galaxy can speak English."

The look on the faces of the people in the shuttle showed that they've never heard of this "English".

"Ok, what do you call the language you are speaking?"
Old 02-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #102
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Drake was somewhat confused by the whole situation, but quickly regained his composer. "Well, I can't really give you any reason there, friend. Who knows how you traveled back in time, hell, it could be some malfunction in your hardware!"

Drake examined his shuttle once more. "This is also made of very old tech, we had stuff like this back in the time of Xim the despot! I don't know what to tell you."

"If you really did travel back in time, maybe some great catastrify came over us here, and a group of humans set off for another Galaxy, yours. And when they arived, they found the earth, left all of there stuff on the ship, and sent it into your star or somethin'. And I just pulled that out of my head! You could make endless theorys. And of course, your ship could just be screwed..."
Old 02-15-2004, 07:51 PM   #103
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today

Roleplayer 
"It is our common language. We have never called it anything..." Tepe said as he walked next Roman

"

- Carl Sagan
Old 02-15-2004, 07:53 PM   #104
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"Well its better that we speak the same language, otherwise this could be very inconvenient now couldn't it? Roman said.

"So what happens to us now, our ship is just scrap metal, too damaged to make any significant repairs on it."
Old 02-15-2004, 07:53 PM   #105
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

"Well, except Galactic Basic. Its the trade language of the civilized Galaxy." Drake said.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #106
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig looked from one person to another, then smacked his head. "Galactic Basic IS our common language, or as this man calls it, English." He sighed and looked around the ship.

"Apparently, your timeline is much farther ahead of ours, as your chronometer shows, but it seems that the technology of these ages was either lost between those times or did not evolve on this "Earth."

He sighed, then looked at Roman. "Also, you're not the only one with out of date material." He pulled out his dual handguns, both modified by him, but they were regular handguns, loaded with regular bullets rather than energy power cells. "Some really old guy in the Outer Rim traided these to me, they were so old they didn't work, but I fixed 'em. Thought they might look familiar to you, and to you creeps wondering why I'm carrying such an ancient artifact, I find these to be more effective than blasters."

(They're both modified Desert Eagles btw )
[Edit: How often do you guys check this thread? Geeze I posted not too long ago, come back, and theres a whole 'nother page!]

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
http://shadowwolf471.deviantart.com
Flamehart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #107
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"We do have particle weapons, but we have had to resort to projectile weapons ever since the invention of EM dissapators, we're much more advanced than you think."
Old 02-15-2004, 09:12 PM   #108
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig nodded, but shrugged. "Just thought it may look a bit familiar to you." He spun both pistols and holstered them.

"Bullets fly faster than blasters, and are so much more useful." He looked around the ship. Craig, being a mercenary, had used quite a few different ships in his time, but could not recognize this design. "This is the oldest looking ship I've seen, even older than some Cargo Freight ship I served on once, and that thing was ages before the Republic, too."

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #109
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Drake nodded at Craig. "Yeah, I bet a single Star Fighter canon would blow it out of the sky..." Turning to Roman he asks "Do your people posess any form of hyperdrive? I asume this ship is faster than light, correct?"
Old 02-15-2004, 10:24 PM   #110
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"We do not posses any technology that allows us to travel faster than light, seeing as how we always thought it was impossible. Instead, this ship travels by punching a hole through the very fabric of space, opening it at the selected destination. Of course, the rift closes a few minutes after it is opened." Roman said.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #111
Flamehart
The Commander

Craig looked at Drake, and replied jokingly, "The Cargo Freighter, or this ship?" He then turned to Roman and said, "Yeah, but how far of a range can you go with that?"

Old 02-15-2004, 11:24 PM   #112
bantha poo doo
Rookie

"We can scope pretty much our entire galaxy, which is about 200,000 light years in diameter, but the calculations required are so precise, that we have to have the on board computer plot our courses, of course, that is just a shuttle, its not an actual ship, so it only has a sublight drive unit. The power source needed to power such a unit takes up 5 decks on our capital ships."
Old 02-15-2004, 11:55 PM   #113
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Kuu'Ra remained silent as she followed the others, but was stunned at Roman's comment.

"Even hyperspace can't allow us to travel that fast," she said. "It's not surprising that it takes such a large power source."

((JEEZ!! You guys post WAY too much. In a matter of one or two days, you bumped this thread to 3 pages.))

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2004, 12:46 AM   #114
Flamehart
The Commander

((Amen, wildjedi. I posted sometime this morning halfway down the second page, came back from church, and BLAM its on the third page. I'm starting to wonder if the time you guys spend here is safe...))

Old 02-16-2004, 01:05 AM   #115
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((I only have two things to say, then. First, they must have nothing else to do with their lives and second, they must not go to church. If they did, like you and I, they wouldn't have been able to do all of that while we were away, unless their time zone is that much different.))

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #116
Flamehart
The Commander

((I don't think theres a time zone on Earth where their time stops for a specific amount of time, giving them ungodly time to post a page and a half.))

Old 02-16-2004, 01:16 AM   #117
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((I know, I just came back for one moment, and BOOM there was already a page and a half new posts.))
"The technology that allows us to do that is quantum processing. most of the space is spent on the computers needed alone, the rest is the engine itself." Said Otacon, noticing Kuu'Ra's shock.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 02-16-2004, 01:40 AM   #118
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( I'm just enthusiastic about posting! I enjoy it! ))

"Thats pretty damn amazeing, Roman. Considering the low level of your other tech, that one aspects above ours!" Drake states with amazement.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:27 AM   #119
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Necessity begets technology" Said Snake. "We needed newer places to live in, and more resources."

Old 02-16-2004, 12:25 PM   #120
Ziechel

Still listening to their discussion, Aal heard something about the hyperspace. He asked Snake whether he can give him a cigarette, too and got one pressed hard in his hand. Snake lited it for him and Aal said "thank you". He walked beside snake a few moments, hearing the others were still depended in their discussion. Then he went to KuuRa, the jedi women, which he had noticed. She also didnt talk very much and he asked: "what r ya doing here?"

[[ou.. you guys write to much i think.. already 3 sides while i sleep. Damn time differences]]
Ziechel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Roots of Humanity