lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #321
steinidj
Lurker

I dont think so
Is it different?
steinidj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #322
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: FTL
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
It will say "v3.0.9 alternate" in the lower right corner. Of course if it is closing before you see anything that doesn't help you. The name of the .exe is kse_309a.exe (not kse_309.exe which is the standard version's name).

The reason I ask is because some non-English users have the same symptom you have when they use the standard KSE.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #323
steinidj
Lurker

Ok Thanks alot

You are the best And your editor to
steinidj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #324
Warmaker
Rookie

Just a minor FYI to you guys out there:

Spoiler warning too, not sure... just in case:

spoiler:
If you use Darth Nihilus for your appearance, it's all screwed up. His animations frequently get stuck, so he's moving around without moving his legs.

It's too bad, he looks great.

Also, I tried using the "Bastila_SLAVE" file for my female's appearance. It works, but it freezes the game if there ever is a situation where you take her armor/clothing off. Whether you do it from the inventory screen or from the Handmaiden duels on Telos.

It's not a hit against the editor, it's just the way the appearance files work.
Warmaker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 02:45 PM   #325
ignorotic
Lurker

has anyone found any workarounds, etc, for the alignment (dark/light side) bug, so that you can play on the light side without having a party full of evil followers ?
ignorotic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #326
juv3nal
Rookie

regarding the influence bug:
i haven't tried it because i don't care to on my first run through the game, but have you guys encountered the same problem when setting the influence to a value less than 100%?
from what i've read here, it sounds as if the value might be "rolling over" and generating effects as if influence were the lowest value possible instead of the highest value possible.
juv3nal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 03:22 PM   #327
tk102

Ooh! Nice insight. I await responses!

Old 02-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #328
Dak Vesser
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warmaker
Just a minor FYI to you guys out there:

Spoiler warning too, not sure... just in case:

spoiler:
If you use Darth Nihilus for your appearance, it's all screwed up. His animations frequently get stuck, so he's moving around without moving his legs.

It's too bad, he looks great.

Also, I tried using the "Bastila_SLAVE" file for my female's appearance. It works, but it freezes the game if there ever is a situation where you take her armor/clothing off. Whether you do it from the inventory screen or from the Handmaiden duels on Telos.

It's not a hit against the editor, it's just the way the appearance files work.
That's because:
spoiler:
Bastila doesn't have her underwear model anymore. Obsidian took out her "modela" and "texa" from the appearance.2da. Without that model, trying to un-cloth her would cause a serious "crash"

You may call me: King Kong-Xbox, PC related, Darth Cowboy-Jedi-Ninja'Nerd
Dak Vesser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 08:47 PM   #329
tk102

Regarding upgradable items:

It appears there are some items in templates.bif that are not upgradable that you would think would be. Example: g1_w_shortsbr02 ("Short Lightsaber") This is not upgradable. However, g_w_shortsbr02 is! That's the nature of the beast my friends -- KSE gives you the ability to add whatever items you like, but it doesn't guarantee their effectiveness.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:06 PM   #330
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by tk102
Regarding upgradable items:

It appears there are some items in templates.bif that are not upgradable that you would think would be. Example: g1_w_shortsbr02 ("Short Lightsaber") This is not upgradable. However, g_w_shortsbr02 is! That's the nature of the beast my friends -- KSE gives you the ability to add whatever items you like, but it doesn't guarantee their effectiveness.
The g1_w_shortsbr02 and any other item starting with g1 would all be considered legacy items from KOTOR 1 they are all items that were part of the yavin station expansion for pc. since they didn't carry over the HOTG & MOTF crystals that might explain why they are not upgradable within the game.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #331
TheMonsterOfTheIsland
Rookie

KSE Bugs

When I improved some of my character's stats and added some feats with KSE 3.09, I encountered several bugs. Bao-Dur and Kreia would not talk to me on the Ebon Hawk, Bao-Dur didn't upgrade T3-M4, and the dual with the Handmaiden would not end. Help!!!
TheMonsterOfTheIsland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #332
Darth333
Administraterror

Re: KSE Bugs

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie333
When I improved some of my character's stats and added some feats with KSE 3.09, I encountered several bugs. Bao-Dur and Kreia would not talk to me on the Ebon Hawk, Bao-Dur didn't upgrade T3-M4, and the dual with the Handmaiden would not end. Help!!!
I doubt this is due to KSE. Those happened to me without using KSE.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #333
Buurman

I'm having problems switching the gender of my PC in TSL. I wanted to change from female to male just before going to the Secret Academy to get the Handmaiden to join me there, but the game keeps referring to me as she/her in the game (during the Jedi Exile flashback for instance) and the Handmaiden won't come along, even though I've applied and saved the new gender-setting. Changing things like name and appearance worked for me, except this.

Anyway thanks for the editor, keep up the good work
Buurman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2005, 06:31 PM   #334
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally posted by Buurman
I'm having problems switching the gender of my PC in TSL. I wanted to change from female to male just before going to the Secret Academy to get the Handmaiden to join me there, but the game keeps referring to me as she/her in the game (during the Jedi Exile flashback for instance) and the Handmaiden won't come along, even though I've applied and saved the new gender-setting. Changing things like name and appearance worked for me, except this.
I believe this is because gender might be handled differently in this game, I have found refrences in several scripts to a global number "000_PLAYER_GENDER" you should try to see what that number is in your savegame, try messing with it instead, and see if you can recruit the Handmaiden.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 07:28 AM   #335
Closter

But can you change de disiple for the Handmaiden whit kse i know you can get the look and even sound set but what about the talk?
Closter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #336
Darth Smaug
Veteran

When can we add feats??

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 02:54 PM   #337
juv3nal
Rookie

i'm using version 304 and you can already add feats.
just check the box to "show all feats/powers"
if you're having trouble scrolling, read earlier in this thread for some workarounds.
btw some of the feats listed are choices that would never occur over the course of normal play and might cause issues.
juv3nal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #338
TheMonsterOfTheIsland
Rookie

Please disregard my previous post.

The bug had nothing to do with KSE, and I was able to fix it.
TheMonsterOfTheIsland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #339
Buurman

Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
I believe this is because gender might be handled differently in this game, I have found refrences in several scripts to a global number "000_PLAYER_GENDER" you should try to see what that number is in your savegame, try messing with it instead, and see if you can recruit the Handmaiden.
Thanks for the tip, I found that boolean and changed it to 0. That almost fixed everything, my PC is referred to as he/his and I'm given the small cutscene with Atris telling her other maidens that The Handmaiden has left. Yet onboard the Ebon Hawk the Handmaiden wouldn't turn up after the Jedi Exile flashback. After I changed the usual gender setting (I had it on BOTH) to MALE she did turn up, so I guess the old gender setting isn't completely useless.
Buurman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #340
tk102

Thank your taking the time to post your findings Buurman. I will not make any modifications to KSE, but rather update the readme with this information. It will be up to the end user to decide whether to change that Boolean.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #341
Bimmerman

I did the same with my female PC- change gender using KSE to male, and changed the boolean global to the opposite of what it was normally(changed to 1 from 0 for female->male PCs) and I was able to recruit the Handmaiden. My problem now is that when I duel with her on the Ebon Hawk, despite the PC's gender(including messing with the Boolean thingy) the Handmaiden will not die and neither will my character, leading to a never ending duel with both characters at 1 HP. I do not have the Min 1 HP flag set at 1, so that is not an issue. Any help would be appreciated.

A racing addiction makes a crack addiction look like a vague desire for something salty. -Randy Hickman

Fear disturbs your concentration. - Sabine Schmitz
Bimmerman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #342
damacles
Rookie

Try this, it's what I had to do in a similar situation, simply move your override folder somewhere else besides your Kotor2 directory. Load your save and try to fight then, it should work, complete the fight, save, exit, and return you override to where it should be. Now the game should work ok.

Well, at least it did for me.
damacles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #343
Bimmerman

Thanks, that did it.

A racing addiction makes a crack addiction look like a vague desire for something salty. -Randy Hickman

Fear disturbs your concentration. - Sabine Schmitz
Bimmerman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 04:40 AM   #344
DarthPsycho
Rookie

When I add XP to my NPC's for the Xbox, it does not work once loaded.
DarthPsycho is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 06:41 AM   #345
tk102

Please elaborate.

Do you mean the game is corrupted or that you didn't have the XP?

Old 02-20-2005, 06:55 AM   #346
DarthPsycho
Rookie

the save is fine, i gave mandalore 1240000 XP but I still had the same amout, I saved the changes and reloaded the save game in the editor to make sure it had saved, then I transfered it to the Xbox and the XP was not increased.
DarthPsycho is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #347
Glycerine Queen
Lurker

tk102, I wanted to thank you for such a comprehensive, versatile, and fun editor.

In the spirit of improvement, I wanted to point out a slight adjustment to the alignment bug people were noticing before. Every time I adjust any attribute/skills/feats/powers on either my PC or NPCs, their alignment shifts entirely to the opposite end of my PC.

Example: My PC is at 100% lightside. I adjust Atton's DEX with KSE. If I then swap him out for Handmaiden, she's at 0 on the alignment scale, completely darkside, where previously she'd been at 100% light along with my PC. I experienced this with skills and feats/powers as well. I'm not adjusting influence or alignment with KSE, only attributes/skills/feats.

It's unfortunate, since I pretty much can't make any use of KSE anymore, since I don't want to run around as a lightside jedi with a pack of dark jedi nipping at my heels. It seems strange and hopefully fix-able that adjusting numeric attribute values and adding feats should affect alignment.

Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks again for all your hard work!
Glycerine Queen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 11:41 AM   #348
uubergeek
Lurker

Well... to add a little "light" to the subject so to speak LOL... i figured this one out just now after testing... i'd already completed the light side... but just wanted to see the dark ending so i went back to before the cousil meeting and made everyone dark via KSE... well... they still showed full light in game... so this is what i did

as soon as i got a darkside point in their presence... everyone in the party (that were showing full light but had been edited in kse to full dark) immediatly went to full dark in the game

looks to me like the game has a check in there and doesn't actually convert them till you get a DSP or LSP... i haven't tested going from dark to light, but i'd venture a good guess that it is the same...

i'd highly encourage people to try to get a DSP or LSP even though they aren't showing how you have them set, and see if that fixes everything... it only changed the people in my party... so you might have to switch out a few times if you want all the people changed over...

So if you ask me, this isn't a bug in KSE at all... but a game check... just my thoughts...

-cam
TB-3529 :: 501st Legion
uubergeek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #349
tk102

Thank you for explaining more clearly the alignment bug issue. However I need to reiterate something I said on the previous page of this thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by tk102
@Holowan Labs: Please, before posting what you think is a bug -- try closing KSE and reopening it to see if your changes are still there. Don't open it in-game to test until after you've performed that action. TSL obviously does some strange things behind the scenes and I need to separate that behavior from pure KSE bugs. Thanks!
In addition to following the above, you should try saving your new 'darkside' game in another slot and look at it with KSE. Does KSE show that your NPCs are dark? (These are subtle checks but the information from them is important.)

Finally, has anyone had issues where the NPCs had GoodEvil values of 1 and 99 (not just 0 and 100)?

Old 02-20-2005, 01:45 PM   #350
TMPhoenix
Rookie

I did notice that changes made to characters on the Ebon Hawk don't always stick. Maybe that could help explain some of the bugs.
TMPhoenix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #351
Pjalne
Lurker

Is there a way to change a value and make the handmaiden stop being angry? There's an entry called hand_angry or something, but it has no value, and nothing happens if I set it to 0.
Pjalne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #352
Tesla

Anyone else have a problem with the classes for KotOR 1 not displaying correctly in KSE (3.09), I just get 1,2,D,L,N and R ? Odd, i re-installed the game and removed things from my override folder, but it seems to do nothing.

Maybe something to do with the TSL section interfering ?
Tesla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #353
tk102

Whoa, first I've heard of this... I'll investigate it. Thanks for the feedback!

(Those sound like gear settings for an automatic transmission. )

Old 02-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #354
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
great job tk, as always

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 02:03 AM   #355
TMPhoenix
Rookie

I'm getting a new bug when I try to launch 3.0.11.
When I start the program, it just exits immediately, kse.log contains the following:

02-21-2005 11:36:04 KSE startup v3.0.11
02-21-2005 11:36:04 KSE found KotOR1 saves directory in G:\Games\SWKotoR
02-21-2005 11:36:04 KSE found KotOR2 saves directory in H:\Games\Kotor2
02-21-2005 11:36:04 KotOR1 spells.2da override detected.
02-21-2005 11:36:04 KotOR1 feat.2da override detected.
02-21-2005 11:36:04 KotOR1 skills.2da override detected.
Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /PerlApp/Bioware/TwoDA.pm line 114.

if I rename the kotor1 override dir I get something similar for kotor2.

Last version I tried was KSE 3.0.9, and it worked without a glitch.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:07 AM   #356
TMPhoenix
Rookie

The problem seems to be the classes.2da file...
Old 02-21-2005, 07:56 AM   #357
tk102

I'll switch it back for now then. Thank you TMPhoenix -- I wasn't getting this error when I was testing it last night.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:57 PM   #358
EmperorJello

Question: Would it be possible to use KSE to make the game give me Mira instead of Hanharr when I visit Nar Shaddaa? I dislike that Wookiee--he's annoying.

Obviously the question pertains to a Dark Side game, since on the LS, I'd get Mira anyway.
EmperorJello is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #359
tk102

Having not played the game I can only answer by conjecture -- the goodevil value is probably checked during key dialogs. If you want Mira, you could change your PC's goodevil value to something over 50 in a savegame prior to that dialog. After recruiting her, you could use KSE to set your goodevil value to whatever.

Probably the best solution will come when Darth333 releases a TSL version of her recruitment armband.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:39 AM   #360
mcdaniel
Rookie

What happened with version 3.0.11?

Hi
TK102 you have done some great work with this KSE.
What happenend with version 3.0.11?
And a question what programming tools are you useing?

McDaniel

Last edited by mcdaniel; 02-22-2005 at 02:14 AM.
mcdaniel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Tags
kotor modding tool, kse