lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Using ModView
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
mojohojojomo
Lurker

Using ModView

Well, I''ve never skinned before, but I thought I might try it. I'm using (or trying to use) ModView, so if anyone who knows about that could help me.

The problem is, when I'm following the tutorial, it says to extract the models and skins from their assets0.pk3 file, which can be found in the GameData\Base directory. Well, firstly, I'm wondering how it got there and replaced the original, because I don't recall telling it to. But I go there anyway, and use Winzip to extract it. I'm told to look for the path 'models\players' and extract those files. However, there is no such path in my assets0.pk3. There is, however, that path in the directory where ModView was extracted, if that matters.

So, can anyone help me? Tell me what I haven't done?
mojohojojomo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2004, 02:21 AM   #2
[FotF]Maddog
Rookie

I made a tutorial for setting up and using ModView.
you can find it on www.jedimoves.com under the how to section or diretlcy at the link below. http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/...ow/modview.html

I hope this helps.

Dog
[FotF]Maddog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
mojohojojomo
Lurker

Whoa dude, that's brilliant.

Thanks so much!
Old 04-03-2004, 07:31 AM   #4
mojohojojomo
Lurker

Oh, actually, I'm still having some problems. Firstly, I need to extract Ravens Tools etc to 'C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\tools'. Do I need to make a new folder, because there is no such 'tools' folder in the GameData for me. Then, I also cannot find the 'models' folder in 'GameData', and therefore the 'players' inside that to put _humanoid.gla in it. When I look in assets1.pk3 with WinZip at the files inside though, it says that _humanoid.gla already ahs the path 'models\players'. What am I doing wrong?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Skinning > Using ModView