lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MI5 should be darker
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-27-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Let's make love
Lurker

MI5 should be darker

I'm all for the cartoon look but it would be interesting to have some more mature themes as well, not like Guybrush having to deal with a teenage pregnancy, but something which could get it away from that whole "Lucas Learning" feel. What happend to Lucas Learning anyway?

LeChuckie's sorry
Let's make love is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
No way, the fun of it is the childish (Disneylandish...?) goofy nature of the series. Cause a serious porate adventure would be pretty scary.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Keep it real

Yes, quite true. It shouldn't be too easy and child-like. More gore and the possibility to actually die (I mean, paddeling on a wooden log in lava...yeah right, very realistic). I would also like it to have more possibilities and complicated choices with consequences, to make the game harder, and not only one way to solve the puzzle or game.

02173 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2004, 08:49 PM   #4
HT_Threepwood
Rookie

Re: Keep it real

Quote:
Originally posted by 02173
Yes, quite true. It shouldn't be too easy and child-like. More gore and the possibility to actually die (I mean, paddeling on a wooden log in lava...yeah right, very realistic). I would also like it to have more possibilities and complicated choices with consequences, to make the game harder, and not only one way to solve the puzzle or game.

If you want more gore, download the unreal tournament 2004 demo, and play that, monkey island is not about gore and the possibility to die, it's supposed to be childish, otherwise it wouldn't be funny! and OMFG! would you stop about the darn wooden log and the lava? ffs it's a game, name 1 game that is realistic in every way!
HT_Threepwood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
Gabez

I'd like a mix in between the two - dark, but with dark humour to make it funat the same time. Like Monkey Island 2, in other words.
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2004, 05:32 PM   #6
Governor Phatt

Location: Phatt island: Tresspassers not carrying Foodstuffs will be prosecuted
dude, you have to let that log thing go, you dint seem to mind that you're talking to a ghost in a church built over a river of lava that wasnt even there in the first game.

Also if you want gore then go and buy Soldier of Fortune or something, MI isnt about gore or stuff. Its an adventure.

But i agree with the Gab, it needs a nice mix of the 2, like MI2. Thats my fave because it is dark but still has the MI wit.

Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus...
Governor Phatt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2004, 03:49 PM   #7
Oblivion Zeta
Rookie

MI island is about sillyness and humor. That and grog.
Oblivion Zeta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > MI5 should be darker