lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: CMI freezing at beginning
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
firsttimemonkey
Lurker

Unhappy CMI freezing at beginning

Hi everybody, i need some help. I just bought CMI a couple of weeks ago straight from LucasArts. I am trying to run it on Windows 2000 with DirectX 9.0. I am running it through ScummVM too in windowed mode. It works perfectly all the way through the first cutscene at the beginning until it shows Guybrush in the ship. He stands up...and then freezes. I sit and sit but nothing happens and i'm not allowed to play! I've tried to read through some of the other posts here, and have tried resetting the sound accelerator in DirectX to Basic, but that didn't help. any other advice?
firsttimemonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #2
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Try running it without scummvm, in full screen. Basically, as a directx programm, it prefers to run in full screen.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
firsttimemonkey
Lurker

maybe i'm missing something

well everything i've done so far is the only way i can get the game to run. if i try to run it normally in full screen, the launcher keeps insisting i install DirectX 5.0. i tried creating the blank .txt file and putting it in the folder specified and it still won't run. previous posts say to try then running it with scummvm...like i did. so the only way i can get CMI to do anything is to run the game off the D drive through scummvm, and then it freezes. (scummvm doesn't recognize the installed game on my C drive) i'm sure i'm missing something that would fix all of this, but i'm stuck. any other ideas?

thank you for putting up with people like me
firsttimemonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > CMI freezing at beginning