lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sam and Max 2 - cancelled
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-04-2004, 06:29 AM   #41
Bob McDob

There is a slim chance of hope here, isn't it? Since Purcell owns the rights to S&M, couldn't he shop around to find someone willing to publish it?

I remember this sort of thing has happened before, and it's not totally unheard of. Though maybe not for a big-name title like Freelance Police.

Your steel swords are no match for my pointy stick
Bob McDob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 09:09 AM   #42
Krazy
Rookie

NOOO! The ONLY game I was looking foward to!

Fear the person with no signature RUN AWAY!
Krazy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #43
JanB
Lurker

Was reading the forum for quite some time, now that they cancelled the game I felt like stepping out of the shadow and email them / post on the forum.
I don't get how the can pull back a product that's almost finished. Are they afraid they don't get ROI for CD and carton-costs?
I'm not only disappionted about the game also that probably very well paid management is not watching what they are doing. Loosing fans and dissapointing them will damage the company image.. that's what the statisic says.. a satisfied customers tells that he's lucky max. 2 persons, unsatisfied ones (as we are now) spread the word to about 9 persons (average) - I try to make it 90!
http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html

Jan

Work like you don't need money, love like your heart has never been broken and dance like noone is watching.
JanB is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #44
LeChuckeeeeeeee
Banned

LucasArts are dead to me... there is only so much you can **** about the fans. I'm not rpetending that the Star Wars games are gonna fail (We all know they won't). I just hope it is those anally retentive suits who moved in on LucasArts and not the people it used to be. F u c k you LucasArts
LeChuckeeeeeeee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 11:12 AM   #45
Lindset
Lurker

Okay, so Steve Purcell owns the Sam & Max license. But does he own the material created while he was still being funded by LucasArts? If he does, I really hope he approaches another publisher.

LucasArts have gone from being bold, daring and genuine to being scared, uninventive and just plain stupid. They're a mockery of what they once used to be

I will never purchase a LucasArts game again if Sam & Max 2 stays cancelled. And I will push this idea on everyone I know, and the whole damn internet (well, at least the places I frequent)

I'm sad right now... so sad...

Sam & Max 2... *sniff*
Lindset is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 11:49 AM   #46
Linkitys
Lurker

One person more to register just to express my discontent of this decision. I even e-mailed lucasarts, a thing I've never bothered to do before. That is how strong I feel for this game.
Linkitys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #47
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
WTF?!?? How could ANY company be so stupid?!?

Every gamer I know was looking forward to this game based on the strength of the trailer, including non-Sam & Max fans, non-LucasArts fans, and non-adventure game fans alike. This game would have sold BIG with a little marketing effort just because it looked so funny and word of mouth. Not as big as yet another craptastic Star Wars-themed title (and I'm a SW fan) that the world doesn't need, but big for a game of this genre. I can't believe that a game so far along would have been scrapped because of fear of not selling when the company has been releasing underperforming crap for a couple of years now. Release it, take a freakin' chance and let the public decide! Episode 3 and all it's attendent throwaway spin off titles are right around the corner, so it's not like the company is going to fold in the next couple of months if this title didn't sell a zillion copies. Let Lucasarts become known as being the QUALITY game comapny again!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... ****ing corporate idiots!

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 12:48 PM   #48
ciantic
Lurker

Phuck, im ANGRY!

It was cancelled cause new lucasarts economymanager or something. This is quiet stupid thing, yet headmanager was excited about this project and now they have some idiot doing these decisions.

Someone SHOULD make public address to Lucasarts.

So someone thoughts that we need few idiot FirstPersonShooters more! No thanks.
ciantic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 01:11 PM   #49
Menrix
Lurker

I'm so disappointed, they've just killed their fans.

=
Menrix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 01:21 PM   #50
Sam&Max4ever
Rookie

Angry *Sniff*

How can this be :ī( I feel like a kid thats just been robed his lollypop, I will join the rest of you boycotters, no more LucasArts, I see this as their death blow, I donīt think they know how many people, loves Sam & Max, i hope they will get a mail storm, i cant describe how sad i really am.

Star Wars aint fun, its only about money.

I do what my rice krispies tells me to do.
Sam&Max4ever is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 02:09 PM   #51
CrazyDavy
Lurker

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOoooOOOOOO! If money is the issue then what if I promise to buy two copies?! three copies!
CrazyDavy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 02:25 PM   #52
Viz79

Taken from one of the short Star Wars Sam & Max comic strips:

*Sam & Max run into some Imperial troopers*

Sam: Uhoh I think they're onto us
Max: Somebody must have noticed the mile long trail of smouldering stormtrooper refuse in our wake
Sam: Maybe we should have tidied up after ourselves

Sam (pointing to a refuge duct): Max duck in here!
Max: I don't see any duck
Sam: It smells like some kind of high tech waste material compactor - they'll never think were so incredibly stupid to hide in here
Max: That's right nobody's that stupid.

---
Sam & Max 1, Star Wars 0, LucasArts *RIP*

Clap clap, well done for cancelling one of the most loved video games series ever. The above dialogue says it all.
Viz79 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #53
Sam&Max4ever
Rookie

Viz, Right on mate, couldnt have said it better.

I do what my rice krispies tells me to do.
Sam&Max4ever is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 03:22 PM   #54
Sirrus
Lurker

Send your love to Randy Breen, rbreen@lucasarts.com, the Vice President of Development, or Michael Nelson, mnelson@lucasarts.com, the company's acting President.

I know I did.
Sirrus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 03:35 PM   #55
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

Keep up the letter campaign, I'm still disillutioned enough to belive that perhaps if we send them enough mail within these next couple of days they'll say "Gee how about we don't throw these last two years worth of money and work down the drain, and try to make a profit."

Also everyone head on over to Gamespot . They have a poll about whether or not your sad that the game has been cancelled, it's down the left side, you don't have to join or sign up or anything, just vote for our favorite duo. Let the voices be heard.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 04:07 PM   #56
YTtheMighty

Everyone "sign" the petition, i don't know if it will do any good or not but it'll help LucasArts geet some idea of a fan base, which may or may not help the situation. And while u are there read the post Tim Schafer put up and heed his words, atleast the part about psychonaughts...

"Some people think outside the box, I didn't even know there was a box!"
YTtheMighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 04:20 PM   #57
AlphaMole
Lurker

what? no savesamandmax.com yet?
I dont have the resources to put up such a page, but I support any who do.

also - any spiffy save sam and max fliers out there yet?
AlphaMole is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 04:25 PM   #58
Brushguy
Rookie

I am mad and I have been mad for 4 1/2 straight hours (since I found out). I refuse to buy any more of Lucasarts' stinkin' Star Wars tie-ins, because from here on out, that's all they're going to make. A bunch of pointless junk nobody except insane mindless gamers will buy.

There are not enough emoticons to describe how mad I am.

:samandmaxcancel

This emoticon will be a red face with eyes bulging out and drool coming out of it's open mouth with several teeth missing.

This is sad. This is definitely the end of the Lucas Adventure Era until those "sales managers" running the marketing machine wake up and smell the coffee.

The chances of another adventure game from them is less than zero. Even if they announce a Monkey Island 5 or Grim 2, they're going to destroy us again two months before release and pull the plug AGAIN.

It wouldn't shock me if the people running Lucasarts right now are a bunch of retards with one computer locked up in a tiny padded cell.

By the way, check out my cartoon I drew describing what's going on...

I'm going to send this cartoon to Steve Purcell while I'm at it.

I'm still in shock about how much can happen in two days...
Brushguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #59
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

Please don't send that to anyone, Elliot. Remove it from the board too.
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 05:51 PM   #60
alsnow
Rookie

This is utter crap that thay cancelled it and i also setn 2 emails to lucas arts and got all my friends and family to sign the petiton.

Also dont know if its him or not but Tim Schafer has signed it and said

Let it go. Sam and Max 2 was going to be ass. Go find another game to be fanboys of, like Psychonauts!

Although i love his games this is a realy stupid thing to say and if you want to look at his reply his nuber is 1081
alsnow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #61
toenail1

everybody, make sure you read my last post. DO NOT BUY ANYMORE OF THEIR GAMES!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OF THEIR GAMES!!! DO NOT LOOK AT THEIR GAMES!!! TELL EVERYONE THEIR GAMES SUCK!!! HIDE THEIR GAMES BEHIND OTHERS ON THE RACKS AT THE STORE!!! DO ANYTHING TO SHOW THEM WE WONT PUT UP WITH THIS S*&T!!! SIGN ANY PETITON OR DO ANY VOTE YOU SEE!!!

stand togther, be strong, show them we're out there, and that there's a lot of us. i believe we still have a miniscule chance of getting OUR game back. if we don't ill do everything to bring them down with me.

PS: if you send an email, make sure it uses proper grammar and spelling, it'll be more effective than a letter that looks like a monkey wrote it

Cellar door
toenail1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 08:05 PM   #62
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"

The International House of Mojo Staff 
People are already slowly beginning to let this go. I can't. And since LucasArts likely won't bring this game back, I'll be disappointed forever. I love life.
Udvarnoky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 08:11 PM   #63
Bob McDob

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirrus
Send your love to Randy Breen, rbreen@lucasarts.com, the Vice President of Development, or Michael Nelson, mnelson@lucasarts.com, the company's acting President.

I know I did.
I'd really rather send them a nice printed letter, since that won't get thrown out without a second thought,

Does anyone know who I should send it to?

Your steel swords are no match for my pointy stick
Bob McDob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 08:29 PM   #64
Steve McGoiter
Rookie

This sucks. Reading all the old interviews really makes me sad, I mean they were almost near completion of the game. I really hope they bring it back, we gotta change their minds! We can sign more than once on that petition, just use a different name and everything, it can work!
Steve McGoiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 08:56 PM   #65
Jester
Only 25 characters allowe

It's been suggested that all letters and thoughts be sent to pr@lucasarts.com

I think this would be much more effective and appropriate than a petition form.

-Jester (80-)
Jester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 09:16 PM   #66
Brushguy
Rookie

I though it over. I decided not to send my drawing to Steve Purcell. Sorry if anyone was insulted by it. But I did it when I was at the peak of anger, okay?!?!?

But I did sign the petition (at this point 2082 signatures) and sent an e-mail to Lucasarts.

Nine hours now, still hopping mad. I, also, am going to boycott Lucasarts, because all that's going to come out of their stinkin' corporate mouths is Star Wars this. Star Wars that.

I do believe if you pester somebody long enough they'll succumb to doing whatever it is. After all, samandmax.net came back...

Last edited by Brushguy; 03-04-2004 at 10:02 PM.
Brushguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #67
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"

I didn't get to see the comic. Was it that bad?
Old 03-04-2004, 11:01 PM   #68
lagamorph321
Rookie

Hey all,
After reading all these posts, I have to agree that this is a total bummer. I've written an email today (and yesterday) to express my disappointment - pr@lucasarts.com. Hopefully, something will be done, but I'm not optimistic. I guess boycotting Lucasarts games is a losing cause, but what the heck. It's been all downhill for a while there anyways.
lagamorph321 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #69
dcroeser
Lurker

Well I've done my bit by signing the petition and e-mailing the PR guys. Not sure how much good it will do but at least LucasArts will know that there are still people out there who care about adventure games.

Oh and I think Tim Shafer's comment (if it was him) was a joke. He is always looking for ways to promote Psychonauts.
dcroeser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 11:19 PM   #70
Lindset
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by dcroeser
Well I've done my bit by signing the petition and e-mailing the PR guys. Not sure how much good it will do but at least LucasArts will know that there are still people out there who care about adventure games.

Oh and I think Tim Shafer's comment (if it was him) was a joke. He is always looking for ways to promote Psychonauts.
It wasn't him.. Got that one clarified over at the adventuregamers forum

Sam & Max 2... *sniff*
Lindset is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2004, 11:57 PM   #71
Imran

there's another petition here

http://www.petitiononline.com/samnmax2/petition.html

Sam and Max!
www.chemicalextreme.com (not related to samandmax)
Imran is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #72
Imran

I've been a diehard fan of these games for years, the game leaves me in stiches everytime I play it. Lucasarts...Poo Poo On you.

Sam and Max!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:13 AM   #73
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

Hey I think we need to start many more new petitions. I think we should sign about eight times under nineteen different screennames on each one and make sure to add smilies that concern our current feelings.

Electronic feelings don't convey well, trust me.
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 12:41 AM   #74
Imran

Not only should we be dedicated, but organized as well. It's very important that we band together under the same flag.

Sam and Max!
Old 03-05-2004, 01:27 AM   #75
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
At the moment I just feel used. Sure, there are a load more Star Wars fans than Sam and Max, and Monkey Island fans, but where would LucasArts be without us? For a decade their output was 95% original and 5% Star Wars, and they couldn't have done that if we weren't buying the games. Now they've come to the point where they don't need us, and look whats happened.

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 01:28 AM   #76
samandmaxfiend

some1 needs to start a www.savesamandmax.com and have all the information on 1 page

samandmaxfiend is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 01:30 AM   #77
Pork_Soda
Rookie

I've done everthing in my power to give Lucas Arts a peice of my mind.
I've told everyone I could on the net. (Forums, etc.)
I've e-mailed PR (and I'm going to do it again.), and the two head people.
I've signed petitions.
and I am never buying anything Lucas Arts again until that mess of a company is sorted.

I am still bewildered by this decision, and I get the feeling that Lucas Arts isn't telling us the whole story, there's just got to be more to it, because I know for sure they aren't running out of cash... *cough* Star Wars *cough*.
Pork_Soda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 01:33 AM   #78
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"

Quote:
Originally posted by samandmaxfiend
some1 needs to start a www.savesamandmax.com and have all the information on 1 page
What about Mixnmojo, or more specifically, samandmax.net? What's wrong with them?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:54 AM   #79
samandmaxfiend

samandmax.net guys can you post this...on the front page

Saving Sam & Max 2

e-mail lucasarts and tell them what you think about the cancellation
pr@lucasarts.com

sign the petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html

write a letter

LucasArts
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA 94912

vote here at the gamespot poll

http://www.gamespot.com/

do everything you can to let lucasarts that there is a market for a sam & max 2

samandmaxfiend is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 01:57 AM   #80
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

They were optimistic.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Discussion > Mainstream > Sam and Max 2 - cancelled