lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sam and Max 2 - cancelled
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-05-2004, 05:26 AM   #81
Jem

Angry

LucasArts had a strong impact in my childhood fun. Their games where so great I would wish that when I grew up, I would work for LucasArts, making great adventure games. The same games that made me smile, laugh and learn witty comments that I will never forget.

Now, they can all rot in hell for all I care. Rot along with your Star Wars franchise. I'm not a fan anymore. You disgust me.

My mind is a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas.
Not to sound like a capitalist oppressor, but I have people who do that for me now.

Smilie of the moment:

"I like milk."
Jem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 05:42 AM   #82
Grandpa Bob

My hopes and dreams have all just been crushed and shattered. I stand now upon the brink of destruction pushing the "you suck" button on my downloaded Sam & Max Soundboard, over and over and over again. That's right Max tell Lucasarts how i feel about this. click*

I am sooo at the petition already.
Grandpa Bob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 06:34 AM   #83
Krash Kow
Rookie

Re: Bummer

Quote:
Originally posted by lagamorph321
Hey all,
I wrote steve purcell (stevepurcell@hotmail.com) to give him a little encouragement and wrote lucasart to ask WTF? Anyone else interested in starting a campaign?
I'm writting them as well. urthermore, I live but a couple hour's drive from their offices in San Rafael (I'm in Santa Cruz). Anybody in the greater bay area want to picket? I'm serious. PM and e-mail me.

Also, send them letters via snail-mail. These are given more weight than e-mails.

Here's one address. If anyone knows a better one post it.

LucasArts
Attention: Product Support
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA 94912

Let Lucasarts hear your voice!
Krash Kow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 06:45 AM   #84
aleny2k
Lurker

I registered on this forum just now all just to talk about this topic.

First, I'm very very very very very (very x infinity) disappointed in Lucasarts decision. When I first heard about Full Throttle 2 cancelled, it has already hurt my soul in an incredible magnitude since I'm very much in graphic adventure. And at that time, I actually have felt that something bad is going to happen to Sam and Max 2 as well. I did not expect it will come to this...

Guys, I have to admit it's pointless to make a petition. I remembered when I first heard about the possibility of a Grim Fandango 2 production (my best graphic adventure of all times), none of you can guess how much petition I posted and begged my friends to do so. And then what turns up? No no no, not Grim Fandango 2, but GRIM news. Tim Scaffer left Lucasarts.

And now this... Sigh... There's so much pain in my heart now though it's only about 12 minutes that I heard about the cancellation. I HAVE LOSE ALL FAITH IN LUCASARTS..... Those people at Lucasarts, if they dont plan to make the game, why bother announce it in the first place!!! Only breaks more heart. But, I bet there are people at Lucasarts who are just as helpless as we are (those who have been working hard on the game and the team behind Full Throttle 2).

If only Goerge Lucas is a big fan of graphic adventure games. Maybe he can command those people at Lucasarts to continue the production of S&M 2. And now, it really doesnt matter anymore what graphic adventure games I'm getting, as long as there is one....just one is enough.... I dont care whether it is a FT2 or S&M2 or whatever new titles. At least give us one game. But... stupid Lucasarts!!!
aleny2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 07:41 AM   #85
samandmaxfiend

guys the petitions and e-mails may be futile..but dont let lucasarts off..dont go down without a fight..do it for sam & max..for steve purcell..and mike stemmle.. the development team..and all the work theyve put in over 2 years developing this game.. if we can atleast show lucasarts people are out there that want this game completed we are half a chance..but if people give up..and dont try then we are no chance

samandmaxfiend is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 07:46 AM   #86
Krash Kow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by samandmaxfiend
guys the petitions and e-mails may be futile..but dont let lucasarts off..dont go down without a fight..do it for sam & max..for steve purcell..and mike stemmle.. the development team..and all the work theyve put in over 2 years developing this game.. if we can atleast show lucasarts people are out there that want this game completed we are half a chance..but if people give up..and dont try then we are no chance
And thus I reiterate, Bay Area Sam and Max fans need to picket Lucasarts and ALL Sam& Max fans need to send letters...Real lettters on paper.

Let Lucasarts hear your voice!
Krash Kow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 08:58 AM   #87
jade wizard
Lurker

Dahhh, It hurts. What torture. Driving on like this for so long. Month after month of scravenging for information. They reassured us it was going to be great. They came this far. Victory was in there reach, which brings me to the point , WHY?????
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE SUCH A STUPID DECISION? YOU WERE SO CLOSE LUCAS ARTS, BUT INSTEAD YOU YOU TERNED THE TIDES AND RIPPED THE WORN TATTERED, BATTERED, BRUISED, KICKED, CRUCHED AND REPEDETIVE EXPOSURE TO YOUR LIES, FALSE HOPES AND WORST OF ALL, RELEASE DAY ESTIMATES, THERE THE WORST, IT'S LIKE A 8 YEAR OLD BOY COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TO THERE BIRTHDAY, AND THEN YOU RIPPED THE FAITH WE HAD LEFT IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigh, I suppose old dogs only forget old tricks. Lucas arts , It's not all about the money, there is more, so much more. I hope you haven't forgot that.

And so begins the end, my friends, 10yrs from now starwars will be dried out and you will be on your last legs, and the world turns away from you and remembers that not so long ago you had a chance to be something great, it could have all started with a rabbit and a dog..... Adios , it's all over...

Insainity is not a crime, so free to indulge
jade wizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 11:30 AM   #88
Brushguy
Rookie

Quote:
I didn't get to see the comic. Was it that bad?
All it was was Sam and Max in one of the head-chopping off mechanisms where the blade comes down. The blade has "STAR WARS" written on it and Lucasarts's Gold Guy is pulling the rope.

"Looks like the end of the line, Sam. I may scream like a grandmother." -Max

"Me too Max. There's just no sense in the heads of doomed monomaniacs." -Sam

"In place of our game will probably be another Star Wars tie-in." -Max

"I hate Star Wars flavored games." -Sam

-----------------

The link is still somewhere in the middle of Page 2 of this comic.

I sent the comic to Lucasarts to slap them in the face. Are you guys sure petitions are futile? It's already past 3300 some odd signatures. How many signatures are they aiming for anyway?

Keep e-mailing Lucasarts. Keep insulting them. They'll cave in soon enough or do something.

I sent two already, and I'm going away right now to send more.
Brushguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 12:08 PM   #89
pheeph
Rookie

oh man, this sucks. I'm definitely turning my back on any more LucasArts games unless they brought Sam and Max back (which I definitely doubt).

Sam: I'm Sam. He's Max. We fight crime.
Max: And we take long walks at the beach.
pheeph is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 12:40 PM   #90
Brushguy
Rookie

pr@lucasarts.com
(send 20 e-mails here)

rbreen@lucasarts.com
(send 10 e-mails here)

mnelson@lucasarts.com
(send 50 e-mails here and lots and lots of spam)

http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html
(sign this)

http://www.petitiononline.com/samnmax2/petition.html
(also sign this)

Somebody earlier in this forum mentioned living near Lucasart's location. That person should get all his friends together, drive to Lucasarts, and stand outside chanting "SAM AND MAX! SAM AND MAX!" while playing the game theme song and the TV theme song on a loud boom box. "SAM AND MAX! FREELANCE POLICE!"

Dude, I am still SO mad...
Old 03-05-2004, 01:57 PM   #91
aleny2k
Lurker

I really am also still mad, but I think all this is kinda pointless. I've seen this kind of things so many times before (Full Throttle 2 and Grim Fandango 2) and none of it works. But, still good efforts. Keep trying. Maybe Lucasarts will really give in (and I really do hope so...)
aleny2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 02:34 PM   #92
Cerno
Lurker

my letter

Just registered to post this here. Only for the sake of completeness, my letter to LucasArts.

Probably too long for them to read anyway and not quite the wording I wanted to use but anyway, here it is, titled "Sam and Max 2 - A Funeral Eulogy":

Quote:
Dear Sir or Madam

There are times when great things happen. When creative
minds join to make something great. With a certain talent
they are able to touch people and to create something that
stays in their hearts and minds for a long time.

The company formerly known as Lucasfilm Games had the power
of creation. The people involved were able to make universes
that are still known today. Even through their name change
to LucasArts they kept on doing what they were good at:
Creating worlds. Worlds of fun. Worlds of awe. Worlds of
laughter. Worlds of epic tales.

Ever since I played my first real computer game "Monkey
Island" I was in love with adventure games. I quickly found
out that from all companies, LucasArts had the talent to
make adventure games differently. I never liked Sierra games
much, although I was a big fan of the genre. They never got
the hang of it.

And now thinking back to all these years, a smile crosses my
face when I remember the names: Monkey Island, Loom, Maniac
Mansion, Monkey Island: LeChuck's Revenge, Indiana Jones and
the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis,
Maniac Mansion: The Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max: Hit the
Road, Full Throttle, The Dig, The Curse of Monkey Island,
Grim Fandango.

These are more than game titles. These are words that can
strike up a conversation immediately among gaming
enthusiasts. And why? Because they were more than mere
games. They were game universes. And the gamers loved them
for their creativity and for their fun.

Now let us take a big step to today. Adventure games have
been "dead" for some decades now. But they are reviving. The
revival started a few years ago and is in full force now. In
your press release you stated that it is a bad time for
adventure games. But let me ask you the question many people
around the world have been asking you since you abandoned
Sam & Max 2: "When is a good time for adventure games?" With
all the upcoming titles - promising titles - gamers aquire a
new taste for the genre. And many many gamers will remember
the time when you were the king of this genre. There is no
real competition to a game like S&M2. You have the name of
the game, you have the name of the company, you have the
press in your favor already, you have many fans who are
excited (and very very sad at the moment), you have an
almost finished game. What could possibly go wrong?

All the adventure gaming community asks of you is to give
this game the shot it deserves. And not only the game, the
whole genre as well. If it flops, you might as well quit
adventure games altogether, no Day of the Tentacle 2, no
Monkey Island 5. You probably won't be able to market these
games anyway because you made many enemies in the adventure
gaming community during the last hours.

Well, and with the upcoming Star Wars Episode 3 movie there
should be no big money problems in the near future. Speaking
of future: Have you even considered how the future may look
for LucasArts? Think ahead a few years: I doubt there will
be any Star Wars movies to milk. So what is your company
based on then? From what I read, all non-Star Wars titles
you recently got out pretty much flopped. So how do you plan
on keeping the company alive after the Star Wars hype - and
the money that goes with it - is gone?

You are standing before a more important decision than you
might think right now. You have lost many of your fans of
the old days (as you can read all over the internet). They
won't be there for you when all the Star Wars fans have
left. But it doesn't take much to turn their favor. As one
person on a fan board wrote "One adventure game every 3
years, is that too much to ask?" Really, is it? To make your
hardcore fans happy? To get them to buy one of your other
games even if it's just so-so?

Well, I realize that this mail has become far longer than I
intended. I would doubt that you read this far. If you have
though, maybe not all is lost. Still, there are some things
I wanted to say, but don't plan on making this text longer
than it already is.

I'd just like to saying thank you for being one of the
pioneers in computer gaming. Thank you for creating worlds
everyone likes to remember, and thank you for shaping my
childhood.

Like many people have written, this might as well be my
departure from
LucasArts. If you fail to support your fans with even so
little as finishing a game that's so far in the production.
If you dare telling the gaming community that the adventure
genre in its entirety is dead while quite the opposite is
all around. If you turn away from your roots which your fans
cherish you for just like this. Then I have to say you are
not the company you once were. Then this is my sad goodbye.

Thank you for your time.
Janbiel
Germany

Last edited by Cerno; 03-05-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Cerno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 03:07 PM   #93
YTtheMighty

Lightbulb

I know how we can get Sam and Max Back!!!

All we need is somone willing to off themselves for the greater good. If somone was to, say, commit suicide over this incident, and mention that the reason for commiting suicide was because of the cancellation of Sam and Max: Freelance Police. Then LucasArts might have a lawsuit on it's hands, and the parents or family of said victum/martyr would settle with the completion and release of the game insted of $10million. What do you think? Any volentiers????

"Some people think outside the box, I didn't even know there was a box!"
YTtheMighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #94
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
Lets lie and say that COJ commited suicide because he came to the future and saw that S&M2 was cancelled.

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 04:37 PM   #95
Brushguy
Rookie

Wow, that petition is almost at 4000 signatures. Will THAT convince Lucasarts?

About that idea....Lucasarts would only come out with a "we have nothing to do with this incident" statement, like they did when Infinite Machine went bankrupt.

I don't usually write letters, but a written letter is worth more than another e-mail that says "You freaks" all over it.

Here's my letter:

--------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

I have recently discovered that Sam and Max: Freelance Police has been cancelled. I would like to say that I have been a big fan of yours until now.

I have played and beaten every last one of your adventure games, and I loved every one of them, but I fear that there will be no more to play if you keep this act up. Please tell me: what is the point of hyping the entire world up (including every Sam and Max fan, several large internet communities, and the press) if you cancel the games in the end?

Sam and Max: Freelance Police was going to be one of your crowning achievements. A sign that "Lucasarts will not let the adventure genre die." But now that you've offed your two new games, which several people would have definitely bought, I've lost hope.

Even if you announce production on a Monkey Island 5 or Grim Fandango 2, that will probably cancel too, a week before its due date.

All that I am saying is: you are losing fans by the thousands as I speak. All you will have left is Star Wars after the hardcore adventure fans leave, but then after Episode 3 is over, you will disappear, because all your creativity and bravery has drained out. You used to blaze new trails through the world of computer game entertainment, now you seem to be stuck in one spot, afraid to move on.

If you are afraid everything non-Star Wars does not sell, think about this from a new direction: "Are Sam and Max really less accessible than RTX Red Rock? Wrath Unleashed?" I don't think so.

Consider what would happen if you brought Sam and Max 2 back. Think of how many fans would come rushing back to you, kissing your feet. The angry mail would stop. Think of the sales that Sam and Max 2 would rake in. The press is hyped up over this game, people are literally foaming at the mouth for this game. All it takes is one simple sentence: "We didn't mean it."

I mourn for your company, and until you change this grave decision, I fear you are in worse trouble than you thought.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:46 PM   #96
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

Drama queens.

"...it has already hurt my soul in an incredible magnitude since I'm very much in graphic adventure."

snicker.
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 06:18 PM   #97
Brushguy
Rookie

My theory is that at this moment, Sam and Max Freelance Police is a complete game.

Consider it: wouldn't Lucasarts leave two months to prepare to release the game? March 2nd could possibly happen to have been the day they took it to Mike Nelson, currently the world's best friend, when he said, "Are you nuts? This will never sell."

If you think this is a stupid theory, please don't laugh me out of the forums (especially you SyntheticGerbil, since you apparently like to pick on inferiors) .

By the way, the petition hit 4000 signatures in 2 1/2 days!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #98
toenail1

hmmm, that really wasnt a eulogy, a eulogy is speaking good of somebody (doesnt have to be when their dead), that was more of a "lucasarts you suck you SOBS" kind of speech

Quote:
It's very important that we band together under the same flag.
exactly what ive been saying, reply back if you want to join the movement, we can make our sigs the same, and use a common avatar, plus we can raise all sorts of hell (in a non-destructive, ghandi like way)

plus great idea to picket, to bad i live on the wrong side of the country

everybody stand tall, be proud, we can beat those b*@$*@ds

IF NOT WE WILL TAKE THEM DOWN WITH US

Cellar door
toenail1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 07:11 PM   #99
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Yeah, the comic is a broken image, so...
Udvarnoky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 07:26 PM   #100
Pork_Soda
Rookie

I would gladly join undernieth that flag!

Another reason why I am pissed is because I love Sam & Max and not just the game. Since Sam & Max collectables are so hard to get your hands on (here, atleast), I was hoping that once the game was released that there would be a big demand for that (T-Shirts, Toys, more comics, etc.). That stuff would have made me really happy.

I would also like to say that, if this isn't a time for the Sam & Max game, then let's hope that the time will come sometime later, maybe when lucas arts sees the time is fit, they'll complete the game, and release it. (How 'bout it LA, let's say... september. )

Until then, i'm not going down without a fight, and I am not going to even go near anything Star Wars ever!
Pork_Soda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #101
Brushguy
Rookie

I will gladly join this movement, but what are we going to do first? I'm not afraid of Lucasarts if I can get away with a 6-part Monkey Island fangame 90% as good as CMI. I've done everything so far.

--------------

I've signed the petition 20 times (which now counts 4112 sigs).

I've e-mailed twice.

I've sent a written letter.

I've pledged to myself to hide all Star Wars / Lucasarts games behind the shelves at the supermarket.

Finally, I also pledged that if I lived in San Rafael, I would not be afraid to march inside the building and complain.

-------------

I've looked at Steve Purcell's comment on this disaster (news on samandmax.net and mixnmojo.com ). He was involved on this project, so if there was a definite reason for cancelling, he would know. Somebody should e-mail to Mike Stemmle, the director, because this might be an April Fool's joke. Stemmle's a big joker, and if this gem really was cancelled, they'd give a better reason than "underlying economic differences," or whatever they said.

Oh man, if it is a joke, I will go outside and dance in the street in my underwear, yelling with joy.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:32 PM   #102
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Yeah, it's a publicity stunt, I'm sure. <-SARCASM If you go to minmojo.com you can read what Steve Purcell himself has to say about it.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #103
Cerno
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by toenail1
hmmm, that really wasnt a eulogy, a eulogy is speaking good of somebody (doesnt have to be when their dead), that was more of a "lucasarts you suck you SOBS" kind of speech
Well, as a non-native English speaker I had to look up the word I was searching for. I was looking for the word used to describe a speech at a funeral, because that was the general direction I wanted to take with the mail.

I wanted to express my feelings that with this decision LucasArts has died for many many fans and I wanted to talk about what made the company great when it was still alive. Just like in a real funeral eulogy (is this even the correct term?)

Towards the end though I kind of lost my train of thought and started rambling. Oh well, I don't think it came across as harsh as you put it. :/
Cerno is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #104
samandmaxfiend

steve purcell is extremely disappointed with the decision..he said the game was awesome..keep getting people to sign the petition..keep e-mailing them..do it for steve! we gotta have his back for all the joy and laughs hes given us...

and the guy who lives near lucasarts..just go and picket with your friends..even if its just you guys..lucasarts will kinda realise .. "hey this game actually meant something 2 people so that some1 has actually bothered to picket" ring the local news station n try 2 get em down there 2,... we just gotta keep sending them messages whatever way we can

Old 03-05-2004, 10:45 PM   #105
toenail1

Quote:
Well, as a non-native English speaker
ah, i see

but i wanted it to be harsher, i was just saying that a eulogy would be JUST about sam and max, not lucasarts, but while you were going for it, you shouldve stuck it to those (hmmm whats a good word that wont get me banned...)

Cellar door
Old 03-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #106
Pork_Soda
Rookie

Lucas Arts had better release another statement soon 'cause if they don't, it'll look even more gutless then they do now. They NEED to mention something else, instead of just ignoring us.
Pork_Soda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 12:17 AM   #107
jade wizard
Lurker

I don't understand? Is it a money thing or something. What am I saying, of course it is. I used to be about the the games man, they were what really matered. Then the fans, I hope thy haven't forgotten us. Sigh, they just don't get the message, WE NEED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Insainity is not a crime, so free to indulge
jade wizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 01:08 AM   #108
Sam&Max4ever
Rookie

I donīt think the lousy Star Wars game went so well, thats why they cancel all these games now, Armed and Dangerous didnīt go so well either, i actually think they ARE going bankrupt... And Sam & Max would be their saviour, they just donīt know it

I also wrote emails, signed petitions, donīt think it will help, but if we donīt rise up and yell we wont be heard, so keep yelling, and REALLY boycot future releases, unless S&M2 are released.

I pray for that it is an Aprils fool...

I do what my rice krispies tells me to do.
Sam&Max4ever is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 01:13 AM   #109
Alia
Pouty ghost

Current Game: Elder Scrolls Online
It's March, and major companies don't joke about this kind of crap.

The man who hesitates goes home with jack. And his kids hate him.
Alia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 01:33 AM   #110
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

DO YOU SEE WHY ONLINE GARBAGE PROTESTS DO NOT WORK?

BECAUSE STUPID BASTARD CHILDREN HAVE TENDENCIES TO DO THINGS LIKE, OH LET'S SAY... SIGN THE PETITION TWENTY TIMES!
Old 03-06-2004, 01:56 AM   #111
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Now that's just silly. Who would think of doing something so dishonest?
Udvarnoky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 02:00 AM   #112
toenail1

TAKE THE PETITIONS AND THE "HATE" EMAIL SERIOUSLY!! SIGN YOUR REAL NAME AND ONLY DO IT ONCE!! USE PROPER GRAMMAR AND SPELLING!! IF SOME PEOPLE DO THE OPPOSITE, THEY'LL THINK WE'RE ALL BOCES AND THEY WON'T TAKE US SERIOUSLY

Cellar door
Old 03-06-2004, 04:04 AM   #113
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

Boces? You mean ponces perhaps?

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #114
braindead200
Rookie

Angry we have to fight,i will not stand for this ignorance

WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT how could they do this to us,why why,i am soooo p*ssed i could scream and shout,well im not gonna put up a squel to one of the most best defining classic games go to waste.we have to do somethin about it

im thinking of startin a sam and max 2 vs lucasarts campaingn if anybody wants to join me e-mail me and we'll do a meeting of what we can do,whos gonna stand up and fight???? if we do this we shall be the heroes of the squel to sam and max and lucas arts.if lucas arts dont go back in production with the game i will hate them FOREVER.im even hoping of a day of the tencle squel,if they decide to do that and then cancell it i will be super pissed.

anyway this is about sam and max anybody wanna join my campaign on what we can do to get the game back in production e-mail me and youll be a member
braindead200 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 04:17 AM   #115
samandmaxfiend

braindead u me and brushguy should be the beginning of the team

Old 03-06-2004, 07:25 AM   #116
Bob McDob

Quote:
Originally posted by Alia
It's March, and major companies don't joke about this kind of crap.
I'm also pretty sure March is the end of the fiscal year where projects get evaluated.

Your steel swords are no match for my pointy stick
Bob McDob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 07:45 AM   #117
Fred

Re: we have to fight,i will not stand for this ignorance

Quote:
Originally posted by braindead200
im thinking of startin a sam and max 2 vs lucasarts campaingn if anybody wants to join me e-mail me and we'll do a meeting of what we can do,whos gonna stand up and fight????
http://wwhs.fangames.co.uk/

"I seem to have misplaced my albino elephant"
Fred is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 08:52 AM   #118
Sam&Max4ever
Rookie

http://wwhs.fangames.co.uk/

The coolest Page ever, thanx for creating it

Just say no.... To LucasArts games.

I do what my rice krispies tells me to do.
Sam&Max4ever is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 12:52 PM   #119
Brushguy
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, the comic is a broken image, so...
I removed the comics because I was sick and tired of SyntheticGerbil's constant insults towards them, and I paraphrase, "the word is they cancelled the game because of your comics." But I forgive you.

Quote:
braindead u me and brushguy should be the beginning of the team
I will gladly lead this movement, but again, I ask, what are we going to do first?

And that petition is way over 5000 signs. How much are they aiming for, anyway?
Old 03-06-2004, 02:26 PM   #120
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

More than half a mil, I'm sure.

Ponce De Leon?

Anyways, let's all change this thread into a discussion about the music for the Kyrandia games. Find the MIDI's and rip the true music from the third one. Be in fantasy bliss.

See the theme that opens up in the first one pretty much covers up any faults you may find in the game. The music sets the setting best, on your set, go.

The music wasn't as spectacular in the second game, but I found it kind of suting most of the time. And it had better tunes than the first at certain parts.

Now the third game takes the cake and writes the F word on it in tacky green icing. See the game is kind of choppy in interface and figuring out. I absolutely hate the Isle of Cats and the music accompanied there. But other than that I found it a wonderful whimsical whopping wolly mammoth of a game. I hear dogs can eat wolly mammoth meat and not die because it was still frozen cryogenically like a super ice box from the past. The end part of Malcolm's Revenge was the most atmospheric I've ever seen. Now if only someone could tell me how to get all 911 points in that game. I don't think it's possible.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Discussion > Mainstream > Sam and Max 2 - cancelled