lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sam and Max 2 - cancelled
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-06-2004, 04:19 PM   #121
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I never played the third one, and got only mildly far into the first two? Am I missing out? Is my life incomplete?

Maybe this can tell you how to get all the points. Maybe not.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 05:54 PM   #122
Brushguy
Rookie

I am starting a site called "Save Sam and Max 2." It will provide links to the petitions, e-mail addresses, letter addresses, etc.
Brushguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #123
hi8is
Lurker

just heard the news today
this is the most ****ed up thing ive heard in the gaming comunity EVER... they cant do this... blah... ive sent a few emails to all adress... signed the petition once... sent the petition address to my friends.... its almost a 6,000 right now
hi8is is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 07:45 PM   #124
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

No that list doesn't help. I don't think it's possible to get all of the points. I think it's supposed to be a joke, because you get "MacGyver" points and "Entrepeneur" points or maybe even "Social Deviant" points.

Still I want all 911 of them!
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #125
dcroeser
Lurker

Thought you guys might find this interesting even though it was 2002. Its a poll on the LucasArts website. Note the leading genre...

http://www.lucasarts.com/share/webap...1&pollId=32770
dcroeser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #126
Live Undead
Banned

I can't bare to visit that site anymore... its too upsetting... "which of the following LucasArts games will you be playing over the holidays?" Please. I feel sick inside
Live Undead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #127
jade wizard
Lurker

Hey, I have a copy of the original Sam and max music, I'll let you rip that, if I cann email it to you.

Insainity is not a crime, so free to indulge
jade wizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 10:35 PM   #128
samandmaxfiend

hey brushguy if u need any help let me know..when that petition gets 2 10,000 u should print it off and send it to lucasarts

samandmaxfiend is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #129
braindead200
Rookie

samandmaxfiens and brushguy welcome to the team i really appreciate it
braindead200 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2004, 11:10 PM   #130
braindead200
Rookie

brushguy is it possible if we can have our campaign at the save sam and max 2 site?
Old 03-06-2004, 11:34 PM   #131
braindead200
Rookie

freddy,that is one hell of a website,i will say yes to a lucasarts again until they realese sam and max 2,freddy how would you like to join my campaign along with brushguy and samandmax fiend,i know your standing up and fighting im proud of that,but someone like you would be awesome to have on our team,so how bout it?
Old 03-07-2004, 12:10 AM   #132
psbales
Lurker

Hey all,

Loooong time lurker, just registered today. I honestly don't think that it'll help any, but there's a LucasArts support forum over here:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.js...mID=13&start=0

...where there is a small but growing thread about S&M2. The thread will most likely be deleted come Monday morning, but official LucasArts folks are bound to at least read some of it, or at a minimum, notice the activity on the board (the entire forum is close to dead). I'm still hoping beyond hope that with enough begging, whining, and most importantly, people promising to never purchase another LucasArts product again that they will take notice.

*sigh*

I really feel like that a close friend died...
psbales is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 12:31 AM   #133
Pork_Soda
Rookie

Braindead200, like I've alreayd said, I'll join this whatever you call it, I REALLY want Sam & Max back, and I'll do everything in my power to get it back.
Pork_Soda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 12:48 AM   #134
Steve McGoiter
Rookie

2 Sam and Max petitions are in the top ten over at www.petitiononline.com and their in 2nd and 3rd place. Keep signing! Sign using different names as much as you want, this is definitely making an impact if these are in the top 10.
Lucas Arts has been working on this game for years, they got so far and then they just cancel it. Or "stop production" They can't just get rid of that stuff they worked so hard on. I still have some hope. But I agree that I wont buy another Lucas Arts game unless it's a new adventure game, most preferably Sam and Max 2. KEEP ON FIGHTING EVERYBODY!! don't give up, I know I wont.
Steve McGoiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 12:52 AM   #135
Brushguy
Rookie

Quote:
brushguy is it possible if we can have our campaign at the save sam and max 2 site?
Quote:
Braindead200, like I've alreayd said, I'll join this whatever you call it, I REALLY want Sam & Max back, and I'll do everything in my power to get it back.
Sure, all things that will help bring Sam and Max 2 back will help my site. Any suggestions, ideas, e-mail addresses (besides the 3 we already have) or pictures (nothing offensive though) are welcome. I was going to do the site today, but I was busy with other stuff. I promise to have it up soon.

But the main question is, WHAT CAN WE DO BESIDES SEND IRRITATING MAIL AND VENT OURSELVES ON THE PUBLIC INTERNET? Please, suggestions are MORE than welcome.

I guess we could start more and more sites like WWHS is now, and maybe the thickos at LEC would get the picture...

P.S. Stop trying to change the topic, SyntheticGerbil.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:13 AM   #136
braindead200
Rookie

thanks for lettin us have the campaign there,and welcome to the team pork_soda
Old 03-07-2004, 01:18 AM   #137
Jester
Only 25 characters allowe

For now, there's a thread at the new lucas support forums concerning Sam and Max 2. They'll almost certainly delete it, and might not take notice, but feel encouraged to use it as yet another means to convey your thoughts/pleadings/disgust.

-Jester (80-)
Jester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 02:02 AM   #138
psbales
Lurker

Hey,

The website www.fark.com has greenlighted a link about the cancellation of Sam & Max 2! This is a 'Good Thing'. Fark can instantly generate awareness that the game has been cancelled, and a few thousand or so people could (and hopefully will) join in with the emailing, petition signing, and general pestering of LucasArts.

Keep the faith people!
psbales is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 02:02 AM   #139
samandmaxfiend

i was thinking..could there be something we could mail to lucasarts.. an item that is veryyy sam & max..and would represent them..as kind of a protest.. i was thinkin of mailin em my hit the road box..but y'know i wanna keep that..what represents sam & max that we could send?

and braindead if u are recruitin ppl..make sure to check out the

www.adventuregamers.com forums

Old 03-07-2004, 02:10 AM   #140
toenail1

Quote:
Sign using different names as much as you want
take the petitions seriously, if you don't then we wont be taken seriously and they'll never release it

SIGN YOUR REAL ANME AND ONLY SIGN IT ONCE!!! SIGNING UNDER DIFF. NAMES IS ONLY HURTING US

Cellar door
toenail1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 03:50 AM   #141
braindead200
Rookie

thanks samandmaxfiend,but the problem is that i cannot post a reply,isnt there any other places?

P.S.anbody else wants to join the sam and max vs lucasarts campaign???
Old 03-07-2004, 03:54 AM   #142
braindead200
Rookie

maybe we should represent something very good that will make him changed his mind about the cancellation,maybe something memorable or somethin thats more like a sign to the future about how big of a mistake he made,if you dont know what i mean,just say im not too bright thats why my name is braindead
Old 03-07-2004, 07:39 AM   #143
Fred

Quote:
Originally posted by braindead200
freddy,that is one hell of a website
Heh. That isn't my website, it's Gabez's.

I was just posting it to show you that what you're attempting to do has already been done.

"I seem to have misplaced my albino elephant"
Fred is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 09:15 AM   #144
Bob McDob

Petitions don't mean a thing to game producers, since they take all of five seconds to sign and don't require an attention span. If you're serious about protesting the cancellation of Sam & Max, mail them your protest. (Maybe with a nice hand-carved Max tiki).

On the other hand, sure, I'll sign it, just for the hell of it all.

Your steel swords are no match for my pointy stick
Bob McDob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 09:24 AM   #145
hullu
Lurker

The possible reasons ...

... why they cancelled the game:[list=1][*]quality
The press and the fans hyped that game so much that LEC could not fulfill the expectations or meet the quality standards set up by other LEC adventures[*]time
The game was not as ready as it was presumed, so the release would move to Q3 or Q4, where the game would have to fight against Doom3 and HalfLife2[*]money
Adventures nowadays have bigger developement expenses than other genres. 3D environments in adventures must be rich and detailed, because unlike shoot-em-ups, you don't run around fighting enemies, you actually interact with the environment. Maybe they COULD afford the costs of ONE adventure by covering them with StarWars-profits, but the fans WILL demand more. So they said "Let's just pull the plug now". Sadly.[*]brains
Because LEC recently published 3D-Shooter - or let's say 3D-Lightsaber - they don't have faith in their customers intelligence or interest in a game that would take more than just being trigger-happy.[*]sales figures
I think I read somewhere that the sales figures of adventures are not good in the US (I am from the "old europe", where adventures are still in fashion), and an american company WILL mainly produce for the US market.[*]management
Computer games aren't jeans! (Why that? See M. Nelson)[*]murphy's law
Developers and the complete source backup got destroyed by a slimy meteor ;-)[/list=1]

I think the official statement covers most of them statements.

Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are MY forte!

Last edited by hullu; 03-07-2004 at 07:51 PM.
hullu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 09:28 AM   #146
remixor

Yeah, except that it doesn't cover any of them.
remixor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #147
Brushguy
Rookie

On sending stuff to Lucasarts, I sent them a drawing of Sam and Max, drawn on the letter.

I don't believe any of those reasons, hullu. Maybe you haven't seen Steve Purcell's comment about how Sam and Max was ON SCHEDULE and COMING TOGETHER BEAUTIFULLY.

http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax

The site's up. A few sections need to be finished and there's not that much there yet. Again, suggestions on harrassing Lucasarts are welcome (contact me in this thread if you feel like adding something. I would like to know Lucasart's phone number for product support so I can add that to the site)
Old 03-07-2004, 07:51 PM   #148
hullu
Lurker

You're right

Of course I meant possible, yet internal reasons!

@Brushguy: I have read Steves comment. I just don't believe in that lame excuse Mr. Nelson gave us. I just wanted to say that the management could cetrainly hide some of the given reasons behind their statement.

Nah, i'm just disappointed and trying to understand it.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:12 PM   #149
Brushguy
Rookie

Sorry, hullu, I'm just really really really believing that they'll put it back into production. In fact I know they will. This small, still voice in the back of my head is telling me, "They're going to bring it back."

I have nothing against you or your explanation.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:44 PM   #150
hullu
Lurker

"It's like millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced ... by the release of Freelance Police"

Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 PM   #151
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

I'm new (another person who registered out of outrage), but I have an idea of something to send LucasArts.

In Monkeys Violating the Holy Temple there is a frame where Sam n' Max are chasing a guy who stole a women's purse with their firearms on them, but they are yelling about how they want to have a discussion with him, even though they obviously want to shoot him.

My idea is to take that frame and paste Nelson's (or another big player in this cancellation) head over the pickpocket and send that.

Even if you don't like that idea, I'll still do it myself.

Edit: I can't believe this was my first post, I'm so ****ing embarassed. Sean was the smart one in this thread.

We're not gay, but we ARE willing to learn.

Last edited by Dr Edison 007; 05-15-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Dr Edison 007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 PM   #152
toenail1

actually hullu, if it wasnt meeting their quality expectations, they would've said so

i know this cuz they said it before when they cancelled a game (dont know which one though, i forgot)

Cellar door
toenail1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2004, 10:51 PM   #153
samandmaxfiend

i think as another form of protest..we should draw our own pictures of sam & max and just mail lucasarts our own sam & max artwork.. so all they'll get is a picture of sam & max..i think they'll get the picture...

Old 03-07-2004, 10:53 PM   #154
samandmaxfiend

hey guybrush we need the addresses of all gaming magazines that would be interested in the cancelation of sam & max..we should all send them mail..i imagine most have a mailbag type section..so we can atleast spread the "bad word" abt lucasarts..give em some bad publicity

Old 03-07-2004, 11:42 PM   #155
Jester
Only 25 characters allowe

Keep the spirit alive and so forth, but please keep the private messages to private messages.

-Jester (80-)
Jester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2004, 12:39 AM   #156
Brushguy
Rookie

Have you looked at the thread on LucasArts' near dead forums? 6 pages long...and growing.

For the website I need:
-This "campaign" you guys are talking about...what exactly do you mean?
-The phone number of Lucasarts product suppport.
-I don't get magazines like PC Gamer or the ones samandmaxfiend refers to, so I wouldn't know their addresses. Tell me their addresses and I will add them to the site.

Quote:
In Monkeys Violating the Holy Temple there is a frame where Sam n' Max are chasing a guy who stole a women's purse with their firearms on them, but they are yelling about how they want to have a discussion with him, even though they obviously want to shoot him.
Give me a photo of Mike Nelson. I already have a copy of MVtHT which I will gladly add to the site. Any non-offensive fan-art is welcome (by that I mean "offensive to general public." "Offensive to Lucasarts" is just fine)

How do you like the site so far?

Quote:
actually hullu, if it wasnt meeting their quality expectations, they would've said
so

i know this cuz they said it before when they cancelled a game (dont know which one though, i forgot)
I think you're thinking of Full Throttle II.

Finally, in closing, I put my "The End of Sam and Max?" comic back on the Net, which can be viewed at the site. http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax
Old 03-08-2004, 02:40 AM   #157
braindead200
Rookie

oh ok freddy tell gabaz i said thats an awesome site,and i dont understand whats happening here.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:38 AM   #158
Fred

Tell him yourself

"I seem to have misplaced my albino elephant"
Fred is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #159
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

Quote:
How do you like the site so far?
I think this is a great site.

We're not gay, but we ARE willing to learn.
Dr Edison 007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2004, 10:48 AM   #160
Live Undead
Banned

Distributing the game online is a great idea, All they would have to do is finish the game and put it on the site, then reap the rewards. That would show them just what a mistake they made.
Live Undead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Discussion > Mainstream > Sam and Max 2 - cancelled