lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trouble with text-coloring
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Trouble with text-coloring

Lately I got reinvolved with Jedi Outcast MP when I got my new computer, but i soon realized I was the only guy that had white text for my chat text, name, and server name. Most of them were red, or green, or black, or a mixture. So I asked around online JO, and I found out how to color my text, but I came here becuase I started having trouble that no one helped with online JO when I asked for help on it. So, here we go.

1. When I typed in my username with my clan tag, I wanted it to look like this:

[VotJ] joetheeskimo5

But I had two problems. Firstly, every time I entered the "code" for a color, such as ^5, a couple spaces would appear. If I deleted them, I lost the color code just entered. This presented a lot of trouble, because in order to keep on changing colors, I had to use up a lot of space in the username field, so the username was cut down to:

[VotJ]joetheeskimo

Ok, well that may not seem so bad, but see what happens after that. When I pressed Apply for my player info, my username appeared as

^8[^9VotJ^8]joetheeskimo

What the hell is going on?! When I entered the username in teh username field, it appeared colored, just how I wanted it. But when I chat or something, my username appears like that! And whats even weirder is that the blue worked, but the rest didn't!!

What on earth is going on? I thought the colors supported were 1-9! Only 1-7 are actually working!

Please help,
Joe

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2004, 05:42 PM   #2
Samuel Dravis

Just 0-7 work.

0 Black
2 Green
1 Red
3 Yellow
4 Blue
5 Cyan
6 Purple
7 White

If it cuts your name off, open the console and then type:

name "^0[^1VotJ^0] ^5joetheeskimo5"

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
Xemoka

or even better then useing name "name same" is using:

set name Name Same

using set name allows you to use spaces AND allows you to bind

\bind "set name Name Same"

easily
Xemoka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #4
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
yea there are some odd errors with black text, try putting double carrots prior to it, it will end up with an extra carrot at the beginning but the next text will be black.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Trouble with text-coloring