lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Loading issues because of a mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Srob89
Rookie

Loading issues because of a mod

I wasn't quite sure where to place this, just because it is concerning an error in the game, caused either from a mod or I dunno.

I got KOTOR about a year ago( or a yr and a half). And after beating it about 8 times I bought a new game and uninstalled KOTOR. I had installed mods and deleted them from my "backup" folder because I thought I wouldn't need them if I uninstalled(I thought they would be deleted and not re-installed).

So I decide a couple days ago I want to play it again. I reinstall and I got to play a little and saved it. Next day come back to load the game, and the game freezes every time I go to load a saved game. I have to restart my computer, because nothing works. I never had any problems before with the game, so I don't know why there are problems now.

Could this problem be from my mods that i previously installed? And if so, the only thing I can think of is that I need to know what files "should" be in the Override file.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

And if this isn't the right forum, then I am so sorry. I didn't see any other forum that was close.
Srob89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
LiquidZoo
Rookie

If you are playing with no mods at all, there shouldn't be anything in your Override directory.

Have you installed any mods at all? Have you made sure to patch the game? Any other games giving you issues?
LiquidZoo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
If your saved game had an important mod installed, then you won't be able to load it until that mod is available again. Most minor mods such as reskins won't cause problems. If you have a recruit mod or something similar (that makes big changes) then you have to start worrying about stuff like this.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
Srob89
Rookie

Yes, I had mods in my override folder.

Some that I remember(not specifically names, but descriptions) are the recruit Vandar mod, Force Sensitive Mod, the Endar Spire, Weedles Utorium or something(on tatooine), Jedi Training facility.

I am not trying to play "old" saved games. By old I mean ones before the uninstall and then the re-install, but new ones(after the latest install). So i don't know what is up.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
dede_frost
Rookie

If you're playing a new saved game, then there should be no problems with mods whatsoever. I would try patching the game and if that dosen't work, try re-instaling it.
dede_frost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
Srob89
Rookie

OKay. By patching you mean?? I have the latest update for the game from BioWare(1.3). But I will try re-installing. Thanks for the help everyone. I will letcha know what happens.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Loading issues because of a mod