lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: statistics system
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-10-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

Lightbulb statistics system

It would be nice if the game has a statistics system of some kind. Such a system would count kills, sniper-headshots, nice flying etc. and award points and medals for it.

For example, a rebel spy stays undercover in the imperial base for ten minuts, and manages to sabotage lots of stuff in there. If such a system would exsist in the game, the spy would get a higher rank in spying. If you play another game, it makes the game a lot more challanging, because teammembers know who does the spying, and opponents know which person to concentrate forces on.

Of course the same system should follow pilots, assault troopers, etc. so everyone can see what your strongest point is.

You could let the system count teamplayer kills also. A player who has to much teamplayer kills will have his profile deleted, so he has to start a new one (with no rank for anything).

And players who are veeeery good in something, could get a special suit (like a nice colored one if you are a clone trooper). Thats not only nice for the players ego, but also for opponents (they could see from miles afway (the levels are big) who the main target is).

Of course there should be a library of some kind where you can get stats on every player. This way, you can find THE kind of player you need as asset to you clan.

Has somebody some more ideas to put to the list? Or does somebody disagree with mee?

Minister of Outer Rim Garrison, a Dutch multigame clan
Website - Forums - Email
Mountainforest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
You ought to check out Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, because it has a pretty good stats system, from Highest Fragger to Best Medic. That game uses an experience point system to indicate who is best overall. As you increase in certain skills (like heavy weapons use, covert ops, signals etc., ) you also gain ranks in your chosen army, like Private, Corporal, Lieutenant, Sergeant, Captain etc. Simply having the highest frag count does not necessarily mean you have the most experience points - you have to diversify a bit. Oh...you also collect medals along the way...

I believe some servers keep track of such stats as well, although I don't think there is a central server for it - like that for Unreal Tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So yeah, a decent stats tracking system would be appreciated in Battlefront, and they could do no worse than look to Wolf: ET as a start point.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #3
Gukkjo
Rookie

I would definately like to see some statistic keeping system. everyone should get a profile with all their statistics for each class and a rank over all.
Quote:
You could let the system count teamplayer kills also. A player who has to much teamplayer kills will have his profile deleted, so he has to start a new one (with no rank for anything).
But I disagree with that. I think there should be a statistic kept for TKs but I don't think it should cost a player everything. With an overall rank, TKs should be considered and it could possibly lower the rank, though.

Quote:
And players who are veeeery good in something, could get a special suit (like a nice colored one if you are a clone trooper). Thats not only nice for the players ego, but also for opponents (they could see from miles afway (the levels are big) who the main target is).
I don't like this idea either, and I doubt it will be implimented. But I'm just an imperial, I prefer uniformity, so that's just my opinion

Gukkjo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #4
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

Why not? Wouldn't it be nice if you can see who the top players are.

And another idea for the system:
It could be used to make balanced teams (a few powerfull players on one side, and some less strong on the other).

Website - Forums - Email
Old 04-12-2004, 03:32 PM   #5
Gukkjo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by jasperw
Why not? Wouldn't it be nice if you can see who the top players are.
I don't think they deserve to get a special in-game outfit. Maybe if there was some way out of game it would be cool. Say if nicknames were color coded for player skills. The higher your overall rank in your profile is, you get different colors.

Gukkjo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2004, 04:55 PM   #6
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

You should be able to color nicknames anyway, most players are very creative with them.

Website - Forums - Email
Old 05-27-2004, 02:55 PM   #7
Milan L
Rookie

I do not like colored suits either. If you have a nice pink stormtrooper uniform, all players will attack you because you are the greatest threat. Your rank can't drop, so you will be killed all the time.

Soldier of the Outer Rim Garrison, the clan for Dutch and Belgian soldiers.
forum: http://members.lycos.nl/antakah666/phpBB2/
Milan L is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2004, 03:10 PM   #8
yaebginn
Banned

I think I read somewhere that there will be a scoring system.
yaebginn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2004, 03:15 PM   #9
Eagle Warrior

Who thinks there will be a high score system?

The Imperial Expeditionary Force
RIDE WITH US OR COLLIDE WITH US!
Eagle Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2004, 03:39 PM   #10
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran

I hope it will be like RTCW:ET. I like the stats system there.

My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #11
Eagle Warrior

I hope they will have a high score system and have it displayed on a website. Like the best player of the month or something to that nature.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #12
VanLingo
Banned

Yeah, that's the way EA Sports does it.

I'd like to have a scoring system, but under one condition: it can be NOTHING like SOCOM's stats.
The SOCOM ranking system is a mystery to everyone. Plus, it adds terrible, terrible lag.
They had the rankings down for maintenance once, and there was no lag whatsoever. They put it back up, and we were back to popping around.
VanLingo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2004, 01:23 AM   #13
JawaJoey
Forumite

It'd be cool to have some sort of ranking system, something that recognizes a players preferences and strong points. Nothing special is added, just a title or something. Just basing it on kills or doing this would be bad. It should be if you do well, as in live a long time, win many fights, and help other people as a certain class you will get a rank. If you do it was apilot alot you will get some recognition as a skilled pilot. TKers will get some sort of derogatory tag. Maybe something as simple as the honor system in America's Army would do, but I'd prefer something a little more advanced. Anything that sacrificed gameplay I would disapprove of, though.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2004, 11:18 AM   #14
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

I agree. It shouldn't be a system that only counts kills, in that case, they shouldn't make one at all bacause good medics, pilots or heavy weps will always have a lower ranking then a average assault.

Website - Forums - Email
Old 05-28-2004, 01:31 PM   #15
Milan L
Rookie

You're right. I like being a medic. you should know.

Old 05-28-2004, 01:55 PM   #16
XoRRoX
Rookie

I think i you heal someone you will get ranking pionts that only will get you a better ranking. If a marksman hit someone from a longdistance he will get rankingpoints.

XoRRoX
XoRRoX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2004, 01:57 PM   #17
yaebginn
Banned

If my name was Gumby, then that would be a funnier name then Harold, which isnt my current name, either.
yaebginn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #18
JawaJoey
Forumite

If they don't have any "ranking" system like this, I still hope they have little things like in Unreal tournament. Little mini-awards for doing things. For example in UT 2004 if you do well in a flying vehicle against other flying vehicles it says "Top gun!" and if you run someone over it says "Road rage" that kind of thing.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #19
Eagle Warrior

I hope they do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #20
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

Quote:
Originally posted by JawaJoey
If they don't have any "ranking" system like this, I still hope they have little things like in Unreal tournament. Little mini-awards for doing things. For example in UT 2004 if you do well in a flying vehicle against other flying vehicles it says "Top gun!" and if you run someone over it says "Road rage" that kind of thing.
I like "vehicular manslaughter!" but I don't think this would be very starwarish

Website - Forums - Email
Old 05-29-2004, 12:59 PM   #21
Milan L
Rookie

Or the "Double Kill" "Multi Kill" "Mega Kill". I like that one.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > statistics system