lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hit the Road on WinXP?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-26-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
Perdedor9
Lurker

Hit the Road on WinXP?

I was thinking about buying the Adventure Pack with Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones from LucasArts. But before I do I want to be sure that I will be able to run the antiquated software in my Windows XP environment. Can anyone confirm this for me?
Perdedor9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
hey, toenail, wont you answer this..?

ah, screw it i cant wait.

you can play nearly any scumm-based game using scummvm available somewhere here ..
that does it pretty well and is a very nice tool. but it doesnt use the exeutables, if i am right informed.

there are also windows-compatible executables for some of the games available. someone may know more about this.

if you'd like to play using the original executables, use VDMSound (and for easy setup VDMSLaunchpad).
vdmsound emulates soundblaster, adlib n more in the "dos box". it adds an "lauch with vdms"-option to your right-click thingy.

*cough*STICKIED*cough*

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Craziness > Hints, Tips & Troubleshooting > Hit the Road on WinXP?