lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Did MI4 suck or what???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #41
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Excelent I will have to get it ive never wanted to get it because i dident like the look of the stlye of graphics. Its actually called Maniac Mansion 2 Day of the Tentacle i should of got it ages ago its a straight sequel.

Dr Fred Edison and Nurse Edna Edison were cool but my most favourite charcter was Mr and Mr Edisons son weird Ed Edison its cool the way you can steal his hamster and watch him cry or steal his post and watch him get upset from the gid and the music was the music was awsome.

"Remember wherever you are on sea or land you can't hide from Largo LaGrande"

Last edited by Largo LaGrande; 06-14-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Largo LaGrande is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #42
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Dude. For a start, DOTT (day of the tentacle) is way better. And plus, if you haven't played maniac mansion in a while, it doesn't matter, you don't have to, but if you want to, it comes with DOTT, as a game within a game.

Unfortunately, the only place I've seen if for sale is in a double pack with sam n max Hit the Road, but hey, that's good to.

Oh, and DOTT's major plot point is about re-stealing Weird Ed Edison's hamster.

Not really, but you do get to do it!

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #43
Strasse
Rookie

DOTT is totally worth getting if you haven't played it! Just for the fact that it comes with Maniac Mansion alone, like Joshi said.

Also, for those that enjoyed the older 2d monkey islands a lot, but wants more of a challenge, to me personally, DOTT was a b*tch to complete. I found the tentacle game a lot harder than the Monkeys, but I never was particularly good at games of any kind hehe.
Strasse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #44
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Th difficulty in DOTT comes with the fact that at any point in the game (mostly), you can switch between the 3 characters, which means the story doesn't follow a straight line like most adventure games do. Even now, afetr completing it about 3 times, it still takes me a while to figure things out.

But the whole 3 time periods thing was a stroke of genius.

Old 06-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #45
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Thanks I am definitely going to get the Lucas Classic Line multipack because that includes Maniac Mansion 2 Day of The tentacle, Sam and Max and the absolutely awesome Amiga classic, Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis. The new version of Lucas Classic Line doesnít include Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis the older version does so thatís the one I will be getting.

Also I was searching for news to see if there would be PC sequels to some Amiga classics like The Curse of Enchantia, The Legend of Kyrandia, Hook Dark Seed and Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis.

I typed in Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis 2 and apparently there was going to be a point and Click sequel to Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis called Indiana Jones And The Spear of Destiny. But like Sam and Max 2 and Full throttle 2 it was cancelled it would be great if the decided to make it again.

Last edited by Largo LaGrande; 06-16-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:05 PM   #46
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Like throughout many companies and many times in the past, that game probably never got off the ground, they thought they were going to make it, but then didn't (like the original Full Throttle 2 which basically only had concept art before it was axed).

I wouldn't get annoyed with LEC over this (as I'm sure some would do with the news that they cancelled another game, despite it being years ago) as all companies do this all the time.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:15 PM   #47
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Joshi

The sequel to Indiana Jones And the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones And The And The Spear of Destiny was in the advanced stages of production then they decided not to release it.

If Indiana Jones And The Spear of Destiny was released it would have been a dream sequel to one of the greatest point and click adventures of our time.

I would rather Lucasarts had never told us of the sequels existence because when they drop a game of that status after telling us you are left dreaming of what it might have been like.

I know some games companys do cancel games but they dont anounce they are going to release a game then cancel it thats very bad and if they do its very rare and it is usually the small companys that do this.

Its not like its Lucasarts's first time, Lucasarts are the only games company that do this Consistently its a very bad habit of theres I have never seen a games company other than Lucasarts anounce and then cancel so many amazing games.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:38 PM   #48
pirate boy
Rookie

You know they have a job oppening in their creative department. If one of you guys has a BFA you oughto apply. Get these great titles flowing.
pirate boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #49
pirate boy
Rookie

Oh and btw a spear of destiny Indiana Jones would've be AWESOME.... still would be but with the whole evolution theory I don't think it'd happen.
pirate boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #50
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Lucasarts never announced the production of the Indiana Jones game, or the original full throttle 2 game, they were unrooted in interveiws and so on from people who didn't work for the company anymore.

And with the second attempt at Full throttle 2 and sam n Max 2, they both came along with trailers to back them up, so they were pretty sure that both games would do actually make it which is why the told us about them before cancelling them. They don't go into the project with the intent of cancelling them you know.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:41 PM   #51
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Joshi

Quote:
Lucasarts never announced the production of the Indiana Jones game, or the original full throttle 2 game, they were unrooted in interveiws and so on from people who didn't work for the company anymore.
Quote:
And with the second attempt at Full throttle 2 and sam n Max 2, they both came along with trailers to back them up, so they were pretty sure that both games would do actually make it which is why the told us about them before cancelling them. They don't go into the project with the intent of cancelling them you know.
I must correct you Joshi.
After Indiana Jones And The fate of Atlantisís release and its success a current working Lucasarts representative was interviewed in I think it was Amiga Power which at the time was a very high profile magazine for Amiga Gamers and he mentioned that they were currently working on a sequel called "Indiana Jones And The Spear Of Destiny although this wasnít at E3 Lucasarts did announce the production of the game.

If Lucasarts donít intend to keep cancelling games, for a so-called professional games company they have a lot of experience in the cancelling games department. Also Full throttle 2 was not only at concept art stage when it was ditched. Full throttle 2 Hell on wheels was virtually completed and was officially announced at E3 on 15 May 2003 as Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels available for PC, PS2 from 11 Sep 2004, and a movie trailer for the game was shown to the crowds as a 2D point and click adventure I think it looked absolutely excellent and the crowds loved it. But after it was announced on Friday the 8th of august 2003 Lucasarts announced they had decided to stop production of the game. In a press release The President of Lucasarts, Simon Jeffery, said, "We do not want to disappoint the many fans of Full Throttle. "[We] hope everyone can understand how committed we are to delivering the best quality gaming experience that we possibly can.Ē For me Disappoint is just what they did once again in a very unprofessional way. If you want to see the press release or the ďFull Throttle 2 Hell on WheelsĒ Movie trailer go to computerandvideogames.com.and search for Full Throttle 2.

Once again The same thing happened to Sam And Max 2 it was virtually completed and was officially announced at E3 on Tuesday 13th May 2003 as Sam And Max 2 Freelance Police available for PC from spring 2004 and loads of screenshots and 2 movies trailers for the game was shown to the crowds it was a combination of action, puzzle solving and jocular banter between dog and bunny it also looked fantastic I certainly liked the look of it and again the crowd loved it. On the 06 Jan 2004 Lucasarts where also interviewed by Computerandvideogames in which they announced various characters and various features of the game. On Thursday 4th March 2004 only 12 months after cancelling Full Throttle 2, Lucasarts announced it is discontinuing production on Sam & Max Freelance Police, With another very poor excuse Lucasarts Mike Nelson, acting general manager and VP of finance and operations confirmed: "After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC". And Lucasarts yet again disappointed its fans only months before release. If you want to see the Sam And Max 2 Freelance Police Press release or the Interview, screenshots and Movie trailers got to computerandvideogames.com and search for Sam and Max 2.

When games get to E3 and you anounce release dates you dont dissapoint the fans and trash them afterwards thats very unprofessional, to do it twice in a row thats extremly unproffesional.

I totally agree with what computerandvideogames said, they do have a very bad Quality control department that cancels so many great games. The Quality control department cancel a great game like Full Throttle 2 Hell On Wheels, and yet they allow a very poor quality game like Super Bombard racing to get released.

Old 07-03-2004, 01:39 AM   #52
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I belive Joshi meant this Full Throttle II, which was indeed only in the concept art stages.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2004, 06:36 AM   #53
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Skinkie

Thanks but I understand what Joshi was talking about he was using Full Throttle 2 Payback as an example to Indiana Jones And The Spear of Destiny. He said it was just like the original Full Throttle 2 which basically only had concept art before it was axed)

Which I have answered already. I said The sequel to Indiana Jones And the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones And The And The Spear of Destiny was actually in the advanced stages of production then they decided not to release it.

My Last message was in reply to

Quote:
I hope you understand now Skinkie and Either way Full throtle 2 Payback is irrelevent it was not the offical sequel it was not offically anounced and was only a heap of ideas and storyboards ect. And after they started work on it they ditched the project and the name.

Lucasarts then started work on a second idea for the sequel to Full Throttle and after some time, Lucasarts then anounced it offically at E3 as Full Throttle 2 Hell On Wheels they gave the format the release date, showed a movie of the game in action and gave various info on the game.

A while after the anouncement in various interviews, info on the sequel and the story of how it was created including the first version they had in mind Full Throttle Payback was given. I dident want mention Full Throttle 2 Payback becasue its irrelevent to talk about Payback was not the sequel it was just an idea, Full Throttle 2 Hell On Wheels was not just an idea it was the Offical anounced and was almost complete.

Thanks all the same because of havent seen that particular interview you posted, I had read one in Amiga Power instead.

Last edited by Largo LaGrande; 07-03-2004 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #54
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
They announced Hell on Wheels way before E3, we all knew about it at least a few moths before, in it's early stages.

And yes, I was talking about Payback rather than Hell On Wheels. And I guess I was wrong about indie, but I do stand on what I say when I say that they don't go into a game with the full intent of cancelling it halfway through production, the early stages of any project always involves a veiw of how conceivable the end product would be and whether it would be worth it based on market trends and so on. In my opinion, LEC should ahve never started sam n Max 2 because in the time they srated it to the time they cancelled it, very little change had happened in market treands and anyone could see that adventure games weren't exactly the biggest sellers. Buit LEC were content on making this game, it was probably outside influences from the project team that made them stop.

Oh, and being a regular at mojo for the past 3 years, I know all about the rise and fall of both hell on wheels and freelance police and have both trailers (2 for hell on wheels, a very early one)

and to be honest, hell no wheels didn't look too great, it had too much of an action feel to it and the graphics weren't good enough for it to be in 3D (and was that red haired girl meant to be Mo?!). Yes, it was unprofessional, but if they had released hell on wheels, it was a safe bet that it would have brought down the entire quality value of the full throttle franchise a lot, just as EMI did to the monkey island series.

Old 07-03-2004, 09:28 PM   #55
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Joshi

Quote:
and to be honest, hell no wheels didn't look too great, it had too much of an action feel to it and the graphics weren't good enough for it to be in 3D (and was that red haired girl meant to be Mo?!).
I liked the look of it and i think it would of been a good game although I agree about it being more action than point and click. Sam and Max Freelance would of been an amazing game it looked the part and it had alot of exciting features. Personally I think it was a big mistake to cancel Full Throtle 2 Hell on Wheels And Sam and Max 2 Freelance and the same goes for Indiana Jones And The Spear of Destiny.

Quote:
Yes, it was unprofessional, but if they had released hell on wheels, it was a safe bet that it would have brought down the entire quality value of the full throttle franchise a lot, just as EMI did to the monkey island series.
Maybe Lucasarts dont mean to start developing a game take it to E3 to offically show it of and set the format and offical release date, and then cancell it just before its release, but they sure have made a habit of it, and it makes you think what type of Muppets they have working for them.

As for Lucasarts having a strict quality control department how the hell did the Muppets at the lucasarts quality control department allow such a very poor low quality game like Super Bombard racing to get released.

Old 07-27-2004, 07:45 AM   #56
Monkey_Master99
Lurker

Thumbs down

Honestly, it was the worst 3D ever look @ the credits @ the start 2 they just changed no effects @ all.
Monkey_Master99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2004, 10:46 AM   #57
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, @ may look cool as a nice way to abbrieviat two letters, but it's not, it's really not.

Grammar is a nice things to.
And structure. Of any kind.

Now, try saying that again in full English.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:15 PM   #58
smokes o' pot
Rookie

Smile

Still giving out about grammer joshi??? Man, give it a rest. Now remember everyone never press "," without pressing space afterwards because joshi will come to your house and he will....CUT YOU!

By the way this is a joke joshi so please don't reply with one of your infamous argumentitive replies.........

If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow........
smokes o' pot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2004, 12:21 PM   #59
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Monkey_Master99

Joshi I didnít find anything Monkey_Master99 said at all offensive and you were quite insulting to them Monkey_Master99 is a new user and it was their first post I didnít think it was a good example to set by being rather insulting to them you should be encouraging not upsetting people. I just think you should be less aggressive and just give your opinion and views on the subjects. Personally this is about Monkeys Island itís suppose to be fun and constantly correcting people for their grammar is not fun and itís irrelevant. Again this is not a dig just my advice on how to improve this site.

Now back to the subject I have to agree with Monkey_Master99.
For the first ever Monkeys Island in full 3D it wasnít very good graphically and Le Chuck looked rubbish and very low detailed. I liked the other characters they where very good and so where the voiceovers. I would like to see Monkeys Island 5 to be 2D and in Photo realistic graphics or at the least 3D and photo realistic Graphics.

Last edited by Largo LaGrande; 07-28-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 AM   #60
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

I feel compelled to stick up for Joshi, I probably should just let him do it on his own, but I'm feeling argumentative. He is the moderator of these forums and so it is his duty to try and make sure the place is run properly. His points about grammer are vital as many of the readers do not have english as their primary language. Joshi is just trying to make sure that these folks have as much opportunity to understand what is going on as everyone else.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:51 AM   #61
smokes o' pot
Rookie

Well I was joking.....I know exactly why he does it. He can be a *rick about it though instead of explaining about the different languages. Just look at his last post on this thread.

Oh, we must have plenty of structure.

Here is some more of that structure now, man, I just can't get enough structure.......BALLS!

As for this Largo chappy, you can be a bit of a *rick too. Hee! Your posts are wayyyyyyyy (Sorry about the grammer joshi) too long.

Anyway, im only joking and taking sly digs. Don't argue this post please, I don't have the energy.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM   #62
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Smokes O Pot

Thanks Smokes youíre obviously a fan of mine to take the time to read them its most appreciated. Don't feel bad a lot of people have no talent!.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #63
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by smokes o' pot
Still giving out about grammer joshi??? Man, give it a rest. Now remember everyone never press "," without pressing space afterwards because joshi will come to your house and he will....CUT YOU!

By the way this is a joke joshi so please don't reply with one of your infamous argumentitive replies.........
Yeah, you know what, I'm just not gonna dignify this with an actual answer.

Largo, I didn't find it offensive either, just hard to understand.

Old 07-29-2004, 05:15 AM   #64
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Joshi Either way cut out the Grammar check the majority of messages from you in all the different posts in the Entire Monkeys Island forum are about Grammar. A sharp tongue is no indication of a keen mind.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:56 AM   #65
smokes o' pot
Rookie

"Yeah, ye know what, i'm not going to dignify this with an actual answer"

I don't think i wanted an answer, although the above quote is an answer of sorts. I was just making a point. I think you proved it.

As for this Largo bum, I dont read your posts. I noticed they mostly consist of inane dribble, most of them you are arguing with joshi, most of them are longer than an Usbekistanian wedding!

Old 07-29-2004, 01:05 PM   #66
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Smokes O Pot they were old posts in which Joshi wrongly accused me of spamming he apologised. So Joshi is not as bad as you think despite his constant correcting people for their grammar.

Smokes O Pot calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people so just stop arguing.

Old 07-29-2004, 01:57 PM   #67
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Largo LaGrande
Joshi Either way cut out the Grammar check the majority of messages from you in all the different posts in the Entire Monkeys Island forum are about Grammar.
Unless you can prove that at least 2230 of my posts are about grammar (and I know for a fact that they aren't) you have no right to say that at all. This whole thing has come about in the past week or so at which point I have made about five or six posts mentioning this and only in most extreme cases where I, a member of these forums for which English is my first language, find it hard to understand and worry about the many members of this forum, for whom English is not a first language, and kindly ask people to take slightly more care in the future.

I now deem this heated discussion to a close and for us to get back to the topic in hand, unless you really want to argue some more.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #68
smokes o' pot
Rookie

Finally we are in agreement.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:25 AM   #69
PurpleMouse
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Largo LaGrande
TAlso I was searching for news to see if there would be PC sequels to some Amiga classics like The Curse of Enchantia, The Legend of Kyrandia, Hook Dark Seed and Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis.
There are sequels to The Legend of Kyrandia, its a trilogy. They are "Hand of Fate" and "Malcom's revenge"
PurpleMouse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #70
Das Mole
Das Me

i love the legend of kyrandia! hm. don't have anything else to say. i was going to comment on the grammar argument, but apparently it's over now, so i won't bother.
Das Mole is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2004, 04:17 PM   #71
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

PurpleMouse

I know there are sequels to The Legend of Kyrandia its indeed a trilogy. The Legend of Kyrandia , The Legend of Kyrandia Hand of Fate and The Legend of Kyrandia Malcom's revenge.

What I want is another sequel to The Legend of Kyrandia series or even a re-release of the trioligy on Pc, or sequels to The Curse of Enchantia, Hook, The Dark Seed series and Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis.

Thanks anyway

Old 08-03-2004, 11:17 PM   #72
Thanos6
Lurker

EMI definitely could have been better: 2D graphics, point-n-click, fix the plotholes. And a glitch at the Mystes O' Time had me stuck for almost a month and a half.

But I thought it was about as funny as the rest, and if the plot had been not quite as sloppy, it would have been pretty nice.

"No one obeyed any summoning of yours, foolish mortal. I have summoned you. I am Chaos! You have merely opened the door, and I have passed through it. For this, you shall be rewarded. Join me now... as my slave!" --Chaos, Loom
Thanos6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2004, 05:38 PM   #73
Das Mole
Das Me

Quote:
a glitch at the Mystes O' Time
oh, god. i know what you're talking about. i have/had a glitch in my game (don't know if it's the same one) where when i told guybrush to pull out the clipboard, he put the stick in the water, then pulled it out and put it away, then picked up the stick or something. of course, this was on my second time playing the game, so it didn't get in my way of beating the whole thing at least once, but it was still annoying as hell.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:43 PM   #74
Thanos6
Lurker

Yes, that exact one. I had to restart from scratch.

"No one obeyed any summoning of yours, foolish mortal. I have summoned you. I am Chaos! You have merely opened the door, and I have passed through it. For this, you shall be rewarded. Join me now... as my slave!" --Chaos, Loom
Thanos6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2004, 08:01 PM   #75
Das Mole
Das Me

yeah. that frustrated me so much.

there were so many other glitches and things as well, the whole game made me mad. the puzzles, i thought, stunk. i could've made better puzzles than that. overall, mi4 was just a big catastrophe. although the mi series wouldn't be the same without it (actually, it would).
Old 08-05-2004, 12:45 AM   #76
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

No it wouldn't because there's only be 3 games, and 5,000,000 less plot holes.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #77
Megadanxzero
Lurker

MI4 was the worst thing that could possibly have happened to the series. Nobody wanted a rubbish 3D game, with puzzles that was just annoying rather than fun, and nobody wanted the entire series to be completely ruined forever. I'm sure somebody's noticed this before, but I'll say it anyway.
In MI4 you 'discover' that Herman Toothrot is H.T Marley (Elaine's dad) but he can't be because Herman Toothrot was the first mate on the ship that Guybrush takes to Monkey Island in the first game. It has his name in the captain's log! I think that absolutely nothing in MI4 has any relevance the the rest of the series, and we should all just deny it's existance.

And I wish Ron Gilbert would tell us what was supposed to happen in MI3!
Megadanxzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #78
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"

The International House of Mojo Staff 
MI4 was great, if not quite up to par with the others. And I assure you, it is NOT the worst thing that could have happened to the series. Clark and Stemmle were probably the most capable people at LucasArts to make the game. Who else would you have picked? Now that just about everyone is gone, I think a team that would be assembled to make MI5 would be rather unequipped as far as "Monkey Island" experience (which seems to be what you people want) goes.

Okay, so I was extremely pissed by the Herman Toothrot/H.T. Marley thing. That's probably my biggest gripe about the game. And you could make a case that the Herman in MI1 and MI2 was a separate person altogether.
Udvarnoky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2004, 02:07 PM   #79
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Megadanxzero
And I wish Ron Gilbert would tell us what was supposed to happen in MI3!
According to Gilbert, the whole of MI1 and 2 was meant to be a little boys dream whilst he wandered through a theme park, explaining the ending of MI2. the evil eyes thing was meant to be a sort of explanation should there ever be a sequel, but Gilbert didn't have one in mind at the time, to him, the game was finished, but had the potential to go on. I don't know if he has a story in mind now, but yeah, that was basically it.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #80
USSSkipjack
Lurker

Oh dear, it sucked, I mean it really sucked.
I am just playing (or should I say trying to play) it.
I got a cheap rerelease of the game, so it "only" cost me 10 Euros, but even that seems to much.
So where do I start:
1. The graphics. I mean come on Lucas Arts! The characters look like they have been modeled by a 3 year old. NOTE one can make nicely modeled and styled characters with few polygons (and yeah, I know what I am talking about), but these models are just badly designed. I mean compare this to the graphics in MI3, which looked, waaay, waaay better. Personally I do not know any reason for them to make 3d- characters other than budget reasons (you dont have to hand- draw animation phases for every perspective and situation). But if you do something like that do it right!
The background graphics dont win an Oskar in my book either. I mean there is a whacky style and thats good, but this can still be drawn in a way that does not only look whacky, but also good, if you know what I mean. This most of the time looks just like badly rendered stuff, sorry. I have seen much better in free adventures.

2. The controls are insane! It feels like a console game (but was never released on consoles from what I know). Seems to me like some marketing fuzzy thought "uhm consoles are selling good, console games are selling good, maybe we should uhm make it more like a console game so uhm it sells good..." WRONG! There is a reason why there are so few adventures on consoles and that is that the controls of consoles just outright suck compared to a mouse, when it comes to adventures (and some other games too if you ask me, but noone does anyway).

3. This game is horribly buggy. I mean unplayably buggy! I am currently experiencing some returning bug that looks like this: A windows pops up that says
" Congratulations you have Found a bug! More than 12 MB of resources have been blocked. Report it to the authorities and then restart the game and return to work"
What is that? Is this supposed to be funny?!!! I am not your fracking Beta- Tester! If you want me to Beta- Test for you, then pay me! You obviously forgot to pay yours, or is there any other reason for the amount of bugs in this game? Anyway whenever this Window popps up I have to reload a previous save game or the game will slow down to a crawl (on a computer that runs just Oblivion fine, btw) and wont get back to normal speed again, no matter what I do. Reloading a previous save game might(!) fix the problem or not. So I find myself redoing the same stupid puzzle over and over again, which is NOT FUN!

4. This leads me to the puzzles: If you are a game developer and think that doing timed puzzles (like the puzzle where you have to throw rocks down the wells) is fun with these idiotic controls, you have have the wrong job (I think garbage man might be a more suitable chareer for you then)!
Now if you have to do this over and over again because of a stupid reoccurring bug it kinda gets boring.
5. If I make a full 1.5 GB install of a game I do expect that it does not keep loading from CD constantly. I mean what were those 1.5 GB for? This game is graphically and soundwise such a joke, so what are you using those for? And then I even have to switch CDs? Sure, excellent programming there. Go home and learn your job before you attempt something like that again!

Final words: This is the first adventure game in a long time (and I have been playing lots and lots lately, even free ones, amateur ones and old ones). That I am not finishing. I dont feel like it really. I mean seeing Guybrush turn arround in slow motion (even though I dont want him to) due to bugs and stupid controls just makes me want to barf! It makes the game fracking unplayable!

So if anyone considers buying it (and even if you, like me have played and loved all the previous games in the series), either reconsider, or bring a strong stomack and a lot of patience.
CU
Skippy
USSSkipjack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > Did MI4 suck or what???