lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Darth Homer's News of the Slightly Odd
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-15-2004, 03:59 AM   #1
Darth Homer
GET OFF MY HEAD!

Darth Homer's News of the Slightly Odd

Quote:
British prisoners escape -- to seek tougher jail elsewhere

Thu May 13, 6:34 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - A pair of prisoners at a British low-security open jail have escaped, but only to knock on the door of a more secure prison nearby and ask to be detained there instead, a report said.

The duo fled from Leyhill prison near Gloucester, central England, because the reformed drugs users found narcotics too easily available there, the Times said in its Friday edition.

Audie Carr, 29 and 23-year-old Benjamin Clarke were found to be missing at a roll call held last Sunday night, but by Monday lunchtime they had knocked on the doors of Gloucester Prison around 20 miles ((32 kilometres) away.

The pair, jailed for offences including burglary, theft and assault, had originally been held at Gloucester Prison, where they were able to kick their drug habits.

But once transferred to the more relaxed Leyhill, they found "the demon of temptation once again on their shoulder," Gloucester magistrates court was told, according to the paper.

"They wanted to escape Leyhill and asked if they could finish their sentences at Gloucester," a prosecution lawyer told the court of the duo, who face charges of escaping from custody.
THAT'S SLIGHTLY ODD!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ustice_offbeat

Life isn't like playing poker. It's like playing a game where you don't know the rules in a dark room using blank cards with a dealer who Always Smiles.
Darth Homer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

Really odd...

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Forum Record: Longest term without changing avatar Breaking my own record as you read.
Compa_Mighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #3
Clefo
Here In Babylon

They're just doing their part to make sure England's Prison System is up to code, god bless 'em I say.

Clefo- Master of Nothing

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Clefo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2004, 11:25 PM   #4
Sherack Nhar
Neo-Gentleman

You're a scam Homer, this is really a WTF of the week!

Anyway, this thing is pretty funny. Looks like they genuinely wish to be cured, though they could be faking it to get a reduced sentence. If it's the former though, more power to them!

"The point system was kind of pointless" - JediMasterEd

"The way I see it, if you conceal the body well enough, there IS no law." - Eets

"I'm suprised that people even trust me with the clothes on my back." - Chase Windu
Sherack Nhar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #5
Darth Homer
GET OFF MY HEAD!

Well I didn't want to steal Rhett's thing even though so many other people have already. Plus, I don't consider this WTF material, it's...well...Odd...

Life isn't like playing poker. It's like playing a game where you don't know the rules in a dark room using blank cards with a dealer who Always Smiles.
Darth Homer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2004, 09:44 PM   #6
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
WTF?!?!
erm...um...
THAT'S SLIGHTLY ODD!

hmmm...strange...you'd think they'd be able to go through official channels for that...you'd think anyway, but red tape can be annoyingly thick sometimes...and now they face an even longer sentence if convicted. *shakes head*

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #7
Snafu7
Purvayer of Truthiness

jeeze, that really is odd/stupid/unthinkable/crazy/insane/you get my point/ect...
Snafu7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2004, 06:58 PM   #8
Zygomaticus
Man with the Plan

God save the queen?

Zygomaticus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Off-Topic Discussion > Darth Homer's News of the Slightly Odd