lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Year 3 -- The Locked Vault
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-28-2004, 09:46 PM   #1
Spellbound
Lurker

Year 3 -- The Locked Vault

I have been trying, for 2 DAYS, to get the correct tumbler pattern. I have many walkthroughs, all detailing the steps....which I have followed to the letter. I also have noted that there are different sizes of cracks that line up on the right hand side, some wider than others -- I've tried to line them up, with each of the widths, to no avail. It not only has become annoying at this point, but I'm really starting to get angry and am about to ditch the game. Did anyone else have this much trouble with this?
Spellbound is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2004, 05:55 AM   #2
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

there are notches in the tumblers, you need to align them so they are all facing you. when you've done it try putting your scyth into the lock. if manny manages to put it in then you've done it right, simply pull the handle and you're in. i realise it isnt easy. there's a bit of a knack to it..

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2004, 01:32 PM   #3
Spellbound
Lurker

What do these notches look like? I've looked at the tumblers and don't see any. (Man, I feel about as stupid as a person can get with this puzzle.) Also, does it matter if I start out turning the wheel left or right? Some walkthroughs say turn it "right" to start off, others say "left".

Edit -- I finally got it! Thanks!

Last edited by Spellbound; 05-29-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Spellbound is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #4
LolaFalana
Lurker

Locked vault

I'm also having trouble with the vault. I managed to get the tumblers lined up several times, but can't get the door open. When I try to use my scythe to block the tumblers, Manny just says, "Ugh, I hate that sound!" and pulls it back out. Am I missing something?

UPDATE: Of course, the very next try after I posted this, I got in! Durr...
LolaFalana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Year 3 -- The Locked Vault