lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bastila Shan-WIP
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-05-2004, 07:29 PM   #81
Autobot Traitor

Sweet, I'll test it out!
Autobot Traitor is offline   you may:
Old 06-05-2004, 07:30 PM   #82
ronbrothers

Good call. I hope you get LA's blessing.

I've got a bad feeling about this...
ronbrothers is offline   you may:
Old 06-05-2004, 07:42 PM   #83
Autobot Traitor

Works amazing, great choice of taunts too! I pited Bastila up against Malak and it looks beautifu
Old 06-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #84
Cosmos Jack

Nothing big but I saw in the files that you wanted the saber of the bot to be orange?

So in the scripts folder go to the bot file and where it says saber color put a [ (1) for orange.] Then when you spawn the bot she has a orange saber. Right now I was getting a red one. Looks really nice..

If you do go for another port unless you get shut down Do the Twi'lek male. I think that has been one of the longest wanted models. Well at least by me.

Nice ScreanShot
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=80502

-QUOTE------
Every cock fights best on his own dunghill.
Cosmos Jack is offline   you may:
Old 06-05-2004, 10:05 PM   #85
Crowy
Forumite

Location: on a peice of plywood with this sandpaper type stuff on it
Quote:
Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

If you do go for another port unless you get shut down Do the Twi'lek male. I think that has been one of the longest wanted models. Well at least by me.

[/url] [/B]
*officially seconds the motion of porting a male twi'lek

In Loving Memory Of Corinne Brittan.

September 3rd 1986 - November 30th 2003
Crowy is offline   you may:
Old 06-05-2004, 10:25 PM   #86
darthviper107
Rookie

I'm glad you like it, I wish I could have made her face animated but it would have screwed up the model, BTW it does have OJP support. Right now I almost have the Sith Soldier model in-game, just have to fix some weighting problems, but I will be doing the Male Twilek so don't worry. I just hope lucasarts gives me permission.
darthviper107 is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 12:11 AM   #87
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
I noticed something odd.. While you do the dual saber barrier kata, the blades fly up and return normally, but when the right hilt goes near her right hand it seems to bolt itself to her right wrist, then teleport through it to get to her hand. No other model I've seen does this..

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (JA Server: 72.5.248.212:29070)

Player tested, Valtiel approved.

Valtiel approved downloads for Meatgrinder: http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 12:35 AM   #88
darthviper107
Rookie

I don't think it's a problem with the model, it might be a problem with your installation, sometimes it does random thing.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:42 AM   #89
keshire
Veteran

Now I'm not usually one to say anythign about weighting because i hate doing it myself. BUT, fingers. the fingers look like crap when not weighted. Especially with hers being splayed out like they are.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
-Keshire of the Bleak Cabal.
keshire is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 05:43 AM   #90
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Downloading now...

Yea like I said before the male twilek would be a good start on Boc and Bib Fortuna.

Zappa_0 is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 06:50 AM   #91
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by keshire
Now I'm not usually one to say anythign about weighting because i hate doing it myself. BUT, fingers. the fingers look like crap when not weighted. Especially with hers being splayed out like they are.
It's quite a problem, as the model was not originally made for JA.

Not that I would know, I never made a player model...

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 07:59 AM   #92
Kengo

Quote:
Originally posted by darthviper107
I just hope lucasarts gives me permission.
Me too, it would be fantastic to use some of these KOTOR models in JA SP levels - with your permission of course! We could continue the adventures of characters and things like that, would open up some really interesting avenues of editing.

------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 08:06 AM   #93
keshire
Veteran

Quote:
It's quite a problem, as the model was not originally made for JA
once you have that model into an editor the sky's the limit. plus the splayed fingers aren't a problem per se. Its just its more noticeable. So they SHOULD be weighted.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #94
Autobot Traitor

As long as your at it, could you make the hutt into a MD3 model? It would great in a map
Old 06-06-2004, 10:10 AM   #95
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Autobot Traitor
As long as your at it, could you make the hutt into a MD3 model? It would great in a map
Yea good idea, also the Kell Dragon and the other creatures from the wookie homeworld. Oh Wookies too, we could bring Chewie's ancestors back to him! The game has alot of great models that would be awesome for JA.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #96
ancient_fett
Rookie

bastila model

I dl bastila yesterday and its awesome! Just amazing i also glitch it some how, i was using SavageX's new Wing Gundam model with 2 sabers and i type in playermodel bastila it gave one single saber in one hand and a saber staff in the other. Thinking about its, is its possible make a mod to do this? Just wondering.

Don't get in my way
ancient_fett is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #97
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
I don't think it's a problem with the model, it might be a problem with your installation, sometimes it does random thing.
In every other model I have, the fingers close around the hilt as it comes back. Her right hand also doesn't seem to grip the sabers really.. They seem to be loosely attached.

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (JA Server: 72.5.248.212:29070)

Player tested, Valtiel approved.

Valtiel approved downloads for Meatgrinder: http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 03:56 PM   #98
Mex
Not the brightest cookie.

The only problem that I really noticed was the hands, they are a bit freaky.
Mex is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2004, 05:02 PM   #99
Autobot Traitor

Re: bastila model

Quote:
Originally posted by ancient_fett
I dl bastila yesterday and its awesome! Just amazing i also glitch it some how, i was using SavageX's new Wing Gundam model with 2 sabers and i type in playermodel bastila it gave one single saber in one hand and a saber staff in the other. Thinking about its, is its possible make a mod to do this? Just wondering.

Mabye that's how she lost her saber on Taris lol
Old 06-06-2004, 06:43 PM   #100
darthviper107
Rookie

I don't like to weight the fingers because they get way too confusing, but it's not really that noticable. I'm glad everyone likes it, no reply from Lucasarts, but I will be working on models, probably not very much today, we have a graduation party and stuff(not my graduation) so I don't have much time today. But I will be setting up the Male Twilek for SP mode as a custom character.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:20 PM   #101
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea I tested out Bastila, Revan and Malak this evening and they all look awesome, great job bringing them to JA. Thats cool that your working on the Male Twilek!

Old 06-06-2004, 11:52 PM   #102
darthviper107
Rookie

Now, I only did Bastila and Revan, and Revan wasn't a conversion so it could be better. But I didn't do Malak, that was hand modeled by someone(I forgot who) and it looks great. Right now I'm almost finished with the Sith Soldier, and then I will be working on the Male Twilek.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:27 AM   #103
keshire
Veteran

Quote:
I don't like to weight the fingers because they get way too confusing, but it's not really that noticable.
People that know better notice.

Also. Would the arms and legs happen to be to long/short on the model itself. It looks to be deforming strangely. ie the hands go way past the spots they need to be. And don't match up when holding the saber.

Also, weighting fingers isn't as difficult as people make it seem. And I'd hate to see this model not be as popular as it could be because of something simple and fixable.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:56 AM   #104
Archonon
Rookie

That's great news about the Sith Trooper darthviper, can't wait to see it. Bastila looks excellent and the sounds are great. But I do agree with keshire about the finger bones, though it isn't very noticeable when dueling her bot it is very clear when using her; when the saber is off it looks like the hilt is just glued to the hand as the fingers point staright down, when she turns it on, the left hand goes through her right wrist and when swinging (at least in medium stance) the saber isn't even held in the hand but floats just outside of it.

If there is any way to weigh the fingers to grip the saber properlly it would perfect the model. I hope you can correct this tiny issue, other than that she's perfect. Thanks a lot for bringing Bastila to JA.

Archonon is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2004, 08:15 AM   #105
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Ah cant wait to see the Sith Trooper in game !

Old 06-07-2004, 09:52 AM   #106
ObiKast

Quote:
Now, I only did Bastila and Revan, and Revan wasn't a conversion so it could be better. But I didn't do Malak, that was hand modeled by someone(I forgot who) and it looks great. Right now I'm almost finished with the Sith Soldier, and then I will be working on the Male Twilek.
You could do a better Revan, importing it from KOTOR.

[ www.jedi-order.net ] [ http://www.jedi-order.net/forums/index.php?s= ]
-Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order
-Knew as Streen[JO]
Released Skins:
-Streen's personal clan skin
ObiKast is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2004, 08:06 PM   #107
Lei Hng Wei
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by keshire
People that know better notice.

...And I'd hate to see this model not be as popular as it could be because of something simple and fixable.
I notice these things. Like when the tag on every saber in a saber pack is 180 degrees off, I point it out. Then everyone in the thread starts flaming me for interrupting their "You're the best modeller!" wank-fest.

I've seen more complicated stuff updated the very same day without a grumble. Those people care about the quality of their work, not their egos.
Lei Hng Wei is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2004, 08:37 PM   #108
Pahricida

pssst...
Can't you see they are impelling you to fix those small glitches?
I'd never ignore the requests of the community :

ah just kidding good work anyway.

Pahricida is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2004, 01:39 PM   #109
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Downloading Bastilla...

Can't wait to see the Sith Trooper!
Prime is offline   you may:
Old 06-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #110
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Hmm... why not do Malak and Revan? You said you wouldn't... but please, try. Especially Revan, that's the number one in the "Must convert to JA from KOTOR"-list, hehe.

Man, if we could have all sorts of models from KOTOR into JA... imagine a new SP adventure. You're Revan, you replace Kyle with Jolee, Luke with... uh... crap. Well, I'll bet you someone is more creative than me. The aliens on that planet with the waterfalls could be replaced with Selkath though... and Stormtroopers with Sith Troopers... Tavion could be Bastila.

In fact, it fits more for JK2. Jan can be Bastila, you're Revan, Desann is Malak, etc.

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may:
Old 06-12-2004, 07:06 PM   #111
Cosmos Jack

Quote:
Originally posted by Master William
Hmm... why not do Malak and Revan? You said you wouldn't... but please, try. Especially Revan, that's the number one in the "Must convert to JA from KOTOR"-list, hehe.
Hmm why port over Malak? There is already a perfectly good model already made.

Malak
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4696/

Revan
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4709/

-QUOTE------
Every cock fights best on his own dunghill.
Cosmos Jack is offline   you may:
Old 07-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #112
Samuel Dravis

Hey darthviper, about how many polys are the models you extracted from KotOR (before changing them)?

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may:
Old 07-02-2004, 10:50 PM   #113
darthviper107
Rookie

I didn't change the poly count, unless because of putting in the caps, but some have like 4,000 polys while others have like 2,000(HK-47). I didn't want to change the poly count to be lower on the bigger models since it would have made it look bad, but it also causes the parts that have too many to not have a shadow(if you have volumetric shadows enabled in SP you won't see a shadow of some characters head's on the ground).

Note to everyone:I will NOT be putting any models on my site or be emailing them to anyone anymore, plus I will not be converting anymore models, and I won't be doing anymore mods for a while since I'm doing a fanfilm...and I won't be around on the internet very often because we just lost our cable internet and I can only get on my dad's computer until we get a dial-up line installed.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #114
Flamehart
The Commander

So those of us that didn't download Bastila (me) won't have a chance now cuz the link doesnt work anymore?

Check out my fictional novel writing project, Immortal Judgement, at my dA page.
http://shadowwolf471.deviantart.com
Flamehart is offline   you may:
Old 07-03-2004, 12:32 AM   #115
CortoCG

Too sad, cuz you're really good, and that model is sexy. Mate, is it wrong to fall in love with a modelled girl? Hehehe.

Dark Forces Mod: Modeler, animator, coder.

For more detail about my work visit my website
CortoCG is offline   you may:
Old 07-28-2004, 03:37 AM   #116
shmacdonald's

LMAO, this was like one of those stories where you could sort of tell what the ending was going to be half way through. I like the twist, though. Instead of the model not being available because Lucasarts said no there was another reason it isn't going to be available.

BTW, you guys do know that the PC version of KotoR has some insane mods on it, right? People have been making everything you could think of, from items to models, even nude Bastila skins. Since they've been doing this with no heat from Lucasarts or Bioware or anybody else I don't see why there'd be a problem with taking the models from one Lucasarts game and putting it into another. So if someone who was lucky enough to get that Bastila model before it was taken down would like to share it with the rest of us I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems with that. Thats what darthviper107 was intending to do, anyways...

Last edited by shmacdonald's; 07-28-2004 at 03:51 AM.
shmacdonald's is offline   you may:
Old 07-28-2004, 07:36 AM   #117
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by shmacdonald's
LMAO, this was like one of those stories where you could sort of tell what the ending was going to be half way through. I like the twist, though. Instead of the model not being available because Lucasarts said no there was another reason it isn't going to be available.

BTW, you guys do know that the PC version of KotoR has some insane mods on it, right? People have been making everything you could think of, from items to models, even nude Bastila skins. Since they've been doing this with no heat from Lucasarts or Bioware or anybody else I don't see why there'd be a problem with taking the models from one Lucasarts game and putting it into another. So if someone who was lucky enough to get that Bastila model before it was taken down would like to share it with the rest of us I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems with that. Thats what darthviper107 was intending to do, anyways...
What does making mods for KOTOR has to do with taking models from a game and import it to another game? :/

The reason was that LucasArts didn't agree, there was no other reason.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may:
Old 07-29-2004, 06:06 PM   #118
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
We hav'nt heard the last of this. That Calo Nord model MUST be made legal! I'll do it myself if need be. Lucas will pay for his selfish legal rights! I DECLARE WAR!!!

90SK is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #119
Zappa_0
JOM Director

I say people should move on with there lives and forget about the lost KOTOR Models. If you want to continue to whine on about these models not being legal, go get your self a copy of a modeling program and make them yourselves! I suggest this thread being closed down for good.

Old 08-15-2004, 09:31 PM   #120
CMC
Rookie

there is a pack of Kotor models on pcgamemods, or was, that was converted by another guy.
CMC is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > Bastila Shan-WIP