lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR install error - because lucasarts' forums are useless.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-02-2004, 06:58 PM   #1
theholyidiot

KOTOR install error - because lucasarts' forums are useless.

Hey, I've had a thread running at LA's website on this for weeks now, but no one has replied yet. When I try to install KOTOR, installshield comes up with some "Catastrophic error" (that's all it says, no futher details about WHERE the error is) that keeps it from getting past the initial loading screen. I've gone as far as reinstalling the installshield, but that hasn't done anything. This is the only game that has this error, I've installed various other games since the problem has occured, but still cannot get KOTOR to work. Any ideas?

Sam: Someday I'm gonna have to talk to you about the sanctity of life, little buddy.
Max: BAM! And then he was muselage!

theholyidiot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2004, 11:27 PM   #2
jp-30

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Corrupt / scratched / damaged disc?

Maybe swap the disc at retail or see if you gan get a friend's one and install OK. And/or try installing on a different computer and see if you get the same error. If so, it's probably the discs fault.
jp-30 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Help! > KOTOR install error - because lucasarts' forums are useless.