lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Say Nice Things About Meksilon
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #41
Das Mole
Das Me

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
nope. too stupid. and he's probably into child molestation...

oh, wait...
Das Mole is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #42
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

Quote:
Originally posted by Das Mole
nope. too stupid. and he's probably into child molestation...

oh, wait...
I wonder if Mek likes Michael Jackson?

Natty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #43
Emin3m 2
Rookie

Meksilon should visit: www.libchrist.com and http://www.inkaboutit.homestead.com . It might cure him of his homophobia and/or sexually repressive ideas.

The Pink Elephant
Emin3m 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2004, 03:18 PM   #44
Das Mole
Das Me

Quote:
I wonder if Mek likes Michael Jackson?
probably. he's probably already gone through 17 noses and
bleached his skin.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #45
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Das Mole
and he called himself hunky and hot (or something along those lines)...and he tried to look like god.

...so he's saying he whacks off to pictures of god, right?
Doubt it, according the bible you can't manifest god in a visual form, it's blasphemy or something. and those threads, ah memories. it sure was fun pissing him off like that.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2004, 04:28 PM   #46
Das Mole
Das Me

my personal favorite:

Quote:
originally posted by yufster

I have read through Mekilsons posts and decided to become a born again fundamentalist christian. I love God. I want to be your lamb. I wanted to be filled with your joy. Which reminds me, we need to talk. I'm having your baby.
Quote:
meksilon's reply

YOU CLOSE MY THREAD BUT YOU DON'T CLOSE THIS? WHY IS MY LEGITIMENT COMPLAINTS UNWELCOME HERE?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #47
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
I'm actually glad he's not here now though, most of us with actual veiws on his thoughts couldn't get through to him. he became annoying after a while. I would really like to know if he even played Monkey Island. Ever.

Old 06-25-2004, 04:58 PM   #48
Emin3m 2
Rookie

Quote:
These are the people I hate because they are diliberatly rude, offensive and unpleasent to me:

Natty
Carl Shutt
Yufster
This was my favourite.

The Pink Elephant
Old 06-25-2004, 05:39 PM   #49
Emin3m 2
Rookie

I didn't read all of his threads so I don't really know who started this "flame war". However, I don't think his behaviour was appropriate. He is a Christian and Jesus taught love not to judge and hate others. He said he hated homosexuality. Maybe he doesn't hate gays, but he sure doesn't accept them and that's almost as bad. Homophobia is a form of discrimination just as bad as racism, sexism etc. It's a shame Meksilon hates homosexuality now, he said he used to accept it. Doesn't he realize that sexual orientation comes from birth and noone can (or should) change it? Scientists said so too. Besides, being gay isn't just about sex it's also about having real, romantic feelings for a person of the same gender. But Meksilon is one of those type of Christians that take mistranslated biblical verses out of context in an attempt to condemn homosexual love and even all forms of sexual expression outside marriage. Because of hateful people like him, many gays have a very tough life. Furthermore, he said he hated some members of LucasForums and flammed them. Well, I did that too, but I was just fooling around. Meksilon should also learn to respect other people's opinions. He thinks he's sooo perfect.

The Pink Elephant
Old 06-25-2004, 07:48 PM   #50
Das Mole
Das Me

yeah, he was so completely blinded by his own views that he couldn't even begin to understand in the least bit where someone was coming from when they said "homosexuality isn't wrong" or "isn't it a sin to discriminate other people for any reason at all?"

and then he'd say things just flat out, no in-depth details or anything. just, "no. god says homosexuality is wrong." and he couldn't even say anything more than that. for mek, whatever god says is it.

a few good examples of what he may have said if you said something that went even a little bit against god:

you: "isn't it a sin to discriminate other people for any reason at all?"
mek: "no. god doesn't like homosexuality and therefore it is okay to hate them."

you: "mek, what if there isn't even a god?"
mek: "then who wrote the bible?"

you: "mek, just shut up."
mek: "no. god says i can voice my opinions."

you: "mek, are you sure you don't belong in an asylum?"
mek: "i'm telling you, god spoke to me last night!"

you: "mek, i think you take the bible to literally. you just twist things around so they become how you want them to be."
mek: "no, if you look at johns 11:13, it says that any followers of god are right no matter what!"

just for fun. i'm bored.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:31 AM   #51
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

Quote:
Originally posted by Emin3m 2
I didn't read all of his threads so I don't really know who started this "flame war". However, I don't think his behaviour was appropriate. He is a Christian and Jesus taught love not to judge and hate others. He said he hated homosexuality. Maybe he doesn't hate gays, but he sure doesn't accept them and that's almost as bad. Homophobia is a form of discrimination just as bad as racism, sexism etc. It's a shame Meksilon hates homosexuality now, he said he used to accept it. Doesn't he realize that sexual orientation comes from birth and noone can (or should) change it? Scientists said so too. Besides, being gay isn't just about sex it's also about having real, romantic feelings for a person of the same gender. But Meksilon is one of those type of Christians that take mistranslated biblical verses out of context in an attempt to condemn homosexual love and even all forms of sexual expression outside marriage. Because of hateful people like him, many gays have a very tough life. Furthermore, he said he hated some members of LucasForums and flammed them. Well, I did that too, but I was just fooling around. Meksilon should also learn to respect other people's opinions. He thinks he's sooo perfect.
You've grown up a lot And I totally agree.

As for how it all started, I think I made a comment about one of my gay friends once and he went on about how he's going to hell blah blah blah and carried on like he did. It then got out of hand. I mean my mum doesn't agree with homosexuality, but she looks passed the sexual preference to see the person for who they are. That's all I wanted Mek to try and do, look passed the sexuality to the person. It's like saying that gay people don't have feelings. Like in the first Shrek, everyone assumed he didn't have feelings, but he did and people always judged him because he was a stupid fat, ugly ogre. No one ever judged him on how kind and caring he really was if people gave him a chance.

I'm not saying he has to agree with homosexuality, many people don't. My mum doesn't, neither does one of my brothers, but at least they can look passed someone's sexual preference to see the person inside. That regardless of sexual preference homosexual people still have feelings and are just like straight people.

Anyways, I'm proud to have gay friends and if that makes me a sinner and means I'm going to hell, then so be it. I'd rather go to hell because I've accepted and supported people for who they are as opposed to turning my back on them because some people seem to think they're different.

Old 06-26-2004, 02:30 PM   #52
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Hah! Payne never grew up, he was always like that on internet forums, just not around us.

And I'm serious, does anyone know if Mek actually played any Monkey Island games?

Old 06-26-2004, 04:55 PM   #53
Emin3m 2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Joshi
And I'm serious, does anyone know if Mek actually played any Monkey Island games?
I don't think there is anyone on this forum who hasn't played at least one game. Noone would regsiter on a Monkey Island forum just to post off-topics in the Harbour/Delete Me! forum. You could do a search on his posts to find out.

EDIT: He played Monkey Island games alright. Otherwise, he woudn't post in these threads: 1 2

The Pink Elephant

Last edited by Emin3m 2; 06-26-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:40 PM   #54
JofaGuht

I've only played half of EMI, which I didn't like that much. I used to hang in the gf forums exclusively, until recently when I stumbled on the delete me forum and got interested in some of the debates on some of the threads. I just sort of stuck around. Yeah, so honestly I've never been a fan of the MI games and haven't played any of the important ones. Feel free to flame me now if you wish.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2004, 11:17 PM   #55
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

EMI I've only ever played like twice. I could never get into it. I don't think I was impressed that I had to use the keyboard, I always loved the point and click side of MI. Maybe I should give it another go. SOMI, MI2 and CMI I could play over and over again.

Old 06-27-2004, 04:50 AM   #56
Zoom Rabbit
Chars flayed animals

Current Game: Tsuji-giri
Cool Guy Homo Solus

I've never played Monkey Island, but technically speaking I am a monkey...and no monkey is an island.

JofaGuht: Yes. Yes, I do feel free to flame you now. I just decline to do so because I suffer from that pathy thing, whatever you call it.
Zoom Rabbit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2004, 06:35 AM   #57
Emin3m 2
Rookie

I played and finished all Monkey Island games.

The Pink Elephant
Old 06-27-2004, 09:15 AM   #58
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

Re: Homo Solus

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit
I've never played Monkey Island, but technically speaking I am a monkey...and no monkey is an island.
You keep this crap up and me and the Monkey Island Discussion bouncers will kick your sorry ass out on the street.
Dr Edison 007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2004, 03:26 PM   #59
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Doubt it, I fired them this morning for stealing all the banananas.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:50 PM   #60
JofaGuht

Re: Re: Homo Solus

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Edison 007
You keep this crap up and me and the Monkey Island Discussion bouncers will kick your sorry ass out on the street.
Don't just pick on Zoom Rabbit. I'm worse than him. I just played half of the fourth game and disliked leading me to think I'm better than you all because I am an intellectual for only liking GF.

No I'm not better than any of you. I was kidding.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:47 AM   #61
Zoom Rabbit
Chars flayed animals

Current Game: Tsuji-giri
Cool Guy Zappy fast

Well. I don't play Monkey Island because monkeys don't generally fly around with lasers zapping sh*t up or pushing the sound barrier on an A/G race track...

Nice monkey. Get the banana! Yes, yes...how cute.

Zoom Rabbit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #62
Das Mole
Das Me

i've played all the mi games. mi4 was the worst...i hated that monkey kombat crap. for all the games i used walkthroughs, but when and if mi5 comes out, i vow to complete it all by myself! actually, i didn't use a walkthrough for mi1 now that i think about it. i played it when i was about 6, and i'd play it w/my mom. i got it a while after it came out...a long while, actually. like in '95 or '96.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #63
SamNMax
Forum Idiot

You ever notice how 2+ page threads never stay on topic?

"There are no words that can discribe such a thing."
"Stupid and inane are the words I like to use."
SamNMax is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 04:34 PM   #64
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
I think we're yet to hear at least one more compliment about Mek.

Oh, and
Quote:
Originally posted by that Zoom Rabbit guy
Well. I don't play Monkey Island because monkeys don't generally fly around with lasers zapping sh*t up or pushing the sound barrier on an A/G race track...
Now how can you be so sure that the Monkey Island games don't incorporate all of these things?
Okay, so they don't but they could, and looking at how things are going, what with EMI and all, I'm guessing the next one will.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:54 AM   #65
JofaGuht

Here's a compliment: Mek was articulate. He used his extensive vocabulary to at least sound like a smart misguided jerk.

From reading the old threads...

Old 06-30-2004, 07:13 AM   #66
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

Here's another one: Meksilon would be a good leader for a cult or hate group.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:31 PM   #67
SamNMax
Forum Idiot

I think Mek's best line of work would be one of those nazi nuns who beat kids with rulers.

"There are no words that can discribe such a thing."
"Stupid and inane are the words I like to use."
SamNMax is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2004, 05:44 PM   #68
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by JofaGuht
Here's a compliment: Mek was articulate. He used his extensive vocabulary to at least sound like a smart misguided jerk.

From reading the old threads...
He knew of big fancy words, but he was in no way articulate, most of his big words were used in the wrong context.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:34 PM   #69
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

Quote:
Originally posted by SamNMax
I think Mek's best line of work would be one of those nazi nuns who beat kids with rulers.
My mum went to a catholic school. She hated it. Like me she was never good at maths and once she was called to the front of the class to solve a problem on the board, when she got it wrong the nun banged my mum's head against the blackboard.

I wonder if Mek finds that acceptable? She said she was probably about 10 at the time.

Old 07-01-2004, 02:30 AM   #70
JofaGuht

I meant well-spoken, he probably didn't always think through what he said though.

There's good catholic schools, though very few. One of my friends, who had a lot of problems with depression, became a lot better when she left public school for a private catholic school. A lot happier. Of course, she also discovered she was a lesbian there, which really goes along with the whole god-liking-irony thing.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:29 PM   #71
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
She was probably unhappy because she was a lesbian who thought she liked guys.

And mek knew exactly what he was saying, which was partly the annoying thing about him considering he knew he was annoying the hell out of everyone and till did it. not out of spite or fun, but because he thought it was right. Slightly twisted really.

Old 07-01-2004, 05:32 PM   #72
JofaGuht

Hmmm....Kind of like a religious imperialist dictater, except Australian.

Old 07-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #73
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

Quote:
Originally posted by JofaGuht
I meant well-spoken, he probably didn't always think through what he said though.

There's good catholic schools, though very few. One of my friends, who had a lot of problems with depression, became a lot better when she left public school for a private catholic school. A lot happier. Of course, she also discovered she was a lesbian there, which really goes along with the whole god-liking-irony thing.
Awwww I'm so happy for your friend! YAY for lesbians

Old 07-02-2004, 04:45 AM   #74
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Natty
.. when she got it wrong the nun banged my mum's head against the blackboard.
man, someone should take that nun and stab her some screwdrivers into her legs, then bang her head against a naked wall until her nose is puree and then let her perform mc hammer songs. and everytime she fails -> restart.

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2004, 06:38 AM   #75
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

#56996 If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2004, 07:52 AM   #76
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

Richard Dreyfuss.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:30 AM   #77
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

Quote:
Originally posted by Alien426
what a disturbing question.

Old 07-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #78
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Alien426
kleenex fairy
*Tingle Tingle Tingle*

Old 07-02-2004, 02:06 PM   #79
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

what an even more disturbing answer.

anyways..

roflmao hmpitf lol lol lollllll XP XD XDDDD XXDDDDDD roflroflmao teeheehee "*tingle tingle tingle*" aaahahahaha.

Old 07-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #80
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by RayJones
roflmao hmpitf lol lol lollllll XP XD XDDDD XXDDDDDD roflroflmao teeheehee "*tingle tingle tingle*" aaahahahaha.
Unless you know what the *tingle, tingle, tingle* is in referance tyo, it's not in the least ways funny (and it's hardly funny when you do know.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > Random Fun > Ye Olde Harbour > Say Nice Things About Meksilon