lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: NPC using cannon
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2004, 06:01 PM   #1
Zanatio

NPC using cannon

I think I asked this before here some time ago, but I forgot what to do

Anyways, I want to have an NPC use one of those laser cannons like the Imperial in Kejim_post, or good old Reelo in Nar Shadaa starport. I can't seem to find the scripts for those actions, but even if I could I can't seem to be able to read the .ibi files! Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Zanatio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
lassev
cryptoscripter

I'm not sure with 100% certainty I remember this correctly, since I did this almost 2 years ago in JO, but try this:

Give the emplaced gun a targetname, and place the NPC next to the gun. Then either give the NPC a spawnscript or affect him later. In the affect (or spawnscript) just use("gun_targetname"). You might also want to increase the fellows vis_range and accuracy, since the big gun has the potential to shoot far away.

Try it, and tell if it doesn't work. If it doesn't, just check the Hoth scripts. They should have the info needed. And don't try to read .IBI files, because they are the compiled scripts. Read the text file sources shipped with the JA Editing tools.

Frozen by ICARUS
lassev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Zanatio

You'll have to forgive me, I'm still pretty new to all this! Still trying to figure out exactly how Radiant and Icarus and everything else all fits together

I did what you suggested, or at least I tried to. Needless to say my efforts were not successful. I'm not really sure how to use BehavEd, nor am I sure on how to implement scripts in Radiant. Could you go into a little more detail on your previous post?
Old 06-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #4
shukrallah
White Dragon

Hmmm, thats basically what you said to me, back in my early scripting days. I never got around to trying it, even though I planned to.

*5 mins later

Tried it, works fine. Ill upload my .map and .txt script for you.

quick_test.map and gun.txt zipped up download
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #5
Zanatio

Thanks a lot, Luke. Works brilliantly. Hurray!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > NPC using cannon