lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Aaaahhhhh! Phooey!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-27-2004, 10:53 PM   #1
JofaGuht

Aaaahhhhh! Phooey!

Travis's car isn't working. I want to hit somebody with a rubber mallet. If he can't get it working by eleven o' clock tonight, I swear I'm going over his house and showing him every confusing Japanese movie I own. And I own a lot of confusing Japanese movies.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 05:50 AM   #2
Zoom Rabbit
Trekkie

Current Game: Tsuji-giri
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Cool Guy Geijin sama

Then perhaps your insights into japanese culture can help explain this smilie:

My guess is the poor fellow had beans for lunch and stood too close to the campfire!
Zoom Rabbit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #3
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

That's great, Jofa, really, really great...
Dr Edison 007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
SamNMax
Forum Idiot

Re: Aaaahhhhh! Phooey!

Quote:
Originally posted by JofaGuht
I own a lot of confusing Japanese movies.
Oooo. Do you have "Starboy"? That's some funny **** right there.

"There are no words that can discribe such a thing."
"Stupid and inane are the words I like to use."
SamNMax is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 04:47 PM   #5
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Jofa, I'm already pissed off today, so unless you give me a really good reason why this thread deserves to stay open (like maybe giving us a full story, who's travis, why you need his car, eccetera) it's getting a closedown.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #6
JofaGuht

Well, I was going to leave it in a ripple of water type fashion. Start with something that doesn't make too much sense and then see how the conversation forms from there. That's interesting: looking at threads where ten posts into it you're not even talking about the subject anymore. I'm sure this will start something interesting. So people, do not read the explanation to Joshi:

Travis is a friend of mine that lives down the road, we were trying to catch the midnight movie at the Tivoli until his car wouldn't start. I was very dissappointed, and therefore made him watch confusing Japanese films (he actually fell asleep after a couple of episodes of some show I have on DVD, so I didn't show him any of the cool weird flicks I own. Though I still really want him to see Pistol Opera). In my frustration, as I usually do when I'm frustrated, is I make a thread out of it. But I didn't put in the concrete details because I wanted to see what the convo would turn into with the interpretative, imaginative members we have on this forum. I mean, this is in a catagory called "random" fun isn't it? But I understand that I made a very stupid thread out of frustration, and as the cycle of life goes, you have every right to close this stupid thread out of frustration.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 02:36 AM   #7
DrMcCoy

Current Game: nethack
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
you could have pmed it him...

if(!strcmp(nick, "DrMcCoy") && !strcmp(avatar, "Spock")) return E_INSANE;
DrMcCoy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2004, 03:28 AM   #8
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
he should have.. now this thread is meaningless.

muharhar.

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #9
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

Thread Closed....(Still waiting)....
Dr Edison 007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2004, 08:13 AM   #10
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
theres nothing better than when you're driving in your car and you see at the side of road a yuppie standing by his Porsche with the hood open and smoke pouring out.

muhahahaahahahahah
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #11
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

My (female) boss drives a Porsche. It's got
this color!!

Jofa was right, this thread quickly turns to interesting topics.

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2004, 09:19 AM   #12
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
yuck!

unless she's hot... if she's hot then thatís alright.

you know what i hate... lately i've been seeing lots of really old guys in ferraris. i mean why? all they use it for is to collect their pensions.

and don't get me started on how cheap old peoples insurance premiums are. i mean, they're the worst drivers out there. i was sitting in a car park the other day waiting for my girlfriend when all of a sudden i heard a really loud crunch. i turn round and see an old guy, must of been about 80, trying to reverse out of a space not realising there was another car there. he just kept backing into this car, confused to why his car wasn't moving.
then a woman, who must of been the car's owner, comes running over to try and stop this man destroying her car.

don't get me wrong i have the utmost respect for the elderly, but they are dangerous behind the wheel. and where they paid peanuts for insurance, young drivers have to sell body parts to insure their cars.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2004, 10:06 AM   #13
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

Itís not alright.

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2004, 12:54 AM   #14
JofaGuht

Quote:
Originally posted by DrMcCoy
you could have pmed it him...
Cause: Joshi's question

Effect: My explanation

You see, it's all part of this big...THING. Like you know, thing. Did you ever see "Run Lola Run"? It's like that. Except it's in English and it doesn't have the awesome Techno soundtrack.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #15
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, I'd close this, but I really can't be asked. Plus you seemed to have made some kind of effort here.

Plus, it'd be kinda hyppocritical (I hate that word) considering I did this same thing in my youth on the GF forums. Of course when I say youth, I mean my early forum days, and then I actually said that it was one of those threads. I believe my exact words were something along the lines of "Ever notice how you start a thread on a certain subject and about four posts later it turns into something completely different? I wonder how long this will last?"

I believe the next post was something about chickens. Ah good times.

Old 07-01-2004, 02:24 AM   #16
JofaGuht

Thanks, your approval uplifts me.

Of course, this thread is probably going to be abandoned now anyway, because the Powers That Be think irony is funny.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:26 PM   #17
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
It is, but I doubt the powers that be care much about this thread. Plus that wasn'ty approval, it was more... not caring enough.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > Random Fun > Ye Olde Harbour > Aaaahhhhh! Phooey!