lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Is Revan Male or Female
Male 176 59.86%
Female 96 32.65%
I don`t care.... 22 7.48%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan....Male or Female??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2004, 05:33 AM   #41
Aradorn
Rookie

Wow...very first post...I'm scared

Anways, I voted I dont care, cause it really doesn't matter. Revan is a unisex name, and either sex fits well with the story. Also, Revan can be just as awesome whether he/she is a he or she (that sounds odd). I've done 3 games with female, a couple more with male (maybe 6? lost count) but only because I like to make myself male, like I really am. It dont matter in the end though.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.

I am a forum
Aradorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2004, 06:38 PM   #42
jedi_5002
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
Revan is which ever gender you, the player of the game, wish her/him to be.

Just like that Jaden character in that other SW game... drat... what was it called, it was really bad that is why I have a problem remembering... I have to look at my CD Mobile of sucky games... Oh yeah... JK: Jedi Academy... Thats it!
I was speaking about the sir and lord titles from the viewpoint of Revan as a she, because I was trying to show how they would work (sir at least) for a female Revan.

I agree (and know) that it is whatever gender that the player chooses for the PC that determines whether Revan is (fe)male.

Quote:
^^^^
Oh but I do... JA was just that bad to me, and more, that is why it now hovers with all of its brethren in a CD Mobile of sucky games in my office that currently consists of around 22 or so CD's of crappy games that I bought and summarily executed for being lame.

As I have said before at least they all refract light well!
That is why I subscribe to PC Gamer magazine. No worthless buys (whenever I actually do buy a game). They gave KotOR their GotY award and a high review, and (after I got the money) went out and bought it and JA. If a TC comes out for JA that will make me dust it off, install it, and play it (or rather the TC). That is why I will keep it off a mobile (a good TC can make a not so good game, good (not a really awful game, because then it wouldn't even be worth buying in the first place)).

KotOR was an even better buy (aside from just being good itself), because I can come here and talk about modding it, and some other stuff with all of you wonderful people.
to you all.

Now to enjoy my

There is emotion as i love Bastila
There is ignorance as other people think they love Bastila too
There is passion as i want Bastila
There is chaos as everyone else wants Bastila too
There is death to anyone who tries to take Bastila from me

811 posts until I'm a Jedi Master
jedi_5002 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2004, 07:04 PM   #43
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

I think the thread is more about, which would suit the official EU timeline better: If Revan was Male, or Female?
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #44
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally posted by jedi_5002
That is why I subscribe to PC Gamer magazine. No worthless buys (whenever I actually do buy a game).
That wouldn't work for me... I would just have an $ outlay for magazines I would flip through once and then they would just sit and gather dust.... Besides my CD of Horrible Games Mobile is rather striking!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiroki
I think the thread is more about, which would suit the official EU timeline better: If Revan was Male, or Female?
Yeah that is true Hiroki but like JK:JA the main character in KOTOR is whatever the player wants them to be, and that makes a question like this very diffcult because the plain answer is, Revan just like Jaden is both Male and Female, whatever each person wanted them to be.

From the poll though the general consensus is Revan is male.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2004, 12:21 AM   #45
kome566

Location: Sitting next to a laying Malak trying to hack his plate off.
Besides what girl would be Darth Revan??? Jaden (Sp?) Korr was a name for both girl and boy (which i bloody despise)A Sith Lady could be like.... Darth .................................................. ............

I have nothing else to do... : You can never kill a Sith... Achilles is my man ! (Not in that way..)
kome566 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2004, 12:55 AM   #46
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally posted by kome566
Besides what girl would be Darth Revan??? Jaden (Sp?) Korr was a name for both girl and boy (which i bloody despise)A Sith Lady could be like.... Darth .................................................. ............
Not true kome566... Darth is simply a title and has nothing what so ever to do with gender. And that title is associated with power any dark lady would use it with pride.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 08-21-2004, 01:04 AM   #47
jedi_5002
Rookie

Quote:
That wouldn't work for me... I would just have an $ outlay for magazines I would flip through once and then they would just sit and gather dust.... Besides my CD of Horrible Games Mobile is rather striking!

From the poll though the general consensus is Revan is male.
1) It is only $30 USD for a year or $50 USD for two years. If you factor in the fact that you might not buy a few new release ($50 USD) games, because you found out the were crappy, than it easily makes up for the cost. You woudn't have your mobile, but you could use AOL CDs for that.

Also some of the reviews (especially for the REALLY crappy games) are quite hilarious. I also have the issue, where a game got PC Gamer's award for being the "Worst Rated Game EVER," at 4%. And in the issue where they give the year 2003 Awards, a couple of REALLY funny articles are in there.
This makes me want to dig out the issues I mentioned and re-read them.

2) The reason (I think) is because most of the players, that are here and would therefore vote in the poll, are male. They may play as Male or Female, but they prefer to play their own sex in the game. OR I could be completely wrong, but either way that is my 25 cents (2 cents adjusted for inflation (I am going to stop putting this here (unless people would like me to keep it for some strange reason)).

Ah . A drink best served cold.
(I have the for two reasons.)

Completely OT, but HILARIOUS to me:

I have Win98SE and I am writing this WITHOUT Explorer running. Not Windows Explorer, the program that can be invoked Win+E (or by going to Start Menu -> Programs -> Windows Explorer), but the GUI itself, with the desktop, the icons on the desktop, and the taskbar (with the Start Menu, System Tray (with the clock)).

This is so incredibly funny to me. All the programs that were running, before Explorer utterly died still work but I can't open any new programs. I CAN, from within my internet browser (Opera). SUPREMELY Hilarious!

But enough of this OT stuff. Let's get back to the topic... Uhh... What were we talking about?.... Oh right... "Revan....Male or Female??"

There is emotion as i love Bastila
There is ignorance as other people think they love Bastila too
There is passion as i want Bastila
There is chaos as everyone else wants Bastila too
There is death to anyone who tries to take Bastila from me

811 posts until I'm a Jedi Master

Last edited by jedi_5002; 08-21-2004 at 01:48 AM.
jedi_5002 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #48
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

I think it is pretty safe to assume though, if they ever wrote a book about the Mandalorian Wars, or the Malak Sith Wars, Revan would be a male in it. They couldn't just go around acting like Revan didn't have any single gender...because that would be freaky.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #49
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Besides what girl would be Darth Revan???
Me!
Quote:
A Sith Lady could be like.... Darth .................................................. ............
Let me help you: Darth333

I think the poll has more male votes simply because there are more male players. It is an RPG and is it more involving when you play a character that looks more like you.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2004, 10:32 PM   #50
MASTERA'ZUREN
Banned

she is a girl not a boy
MASTERA'ZUREN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2004, 01:31 AM   #51
kome566

Location: Sitting next to a laying Malak trying to hack his plate off.
I bet you have your own Leah (Sp?) model to go with your name eh...?

I have nothing else to do... : You can never kill a Sith... Achilles is my man ! (Not in that way..)
kome566 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2004, 08:54 AM   #52
Lord Revan
Lurker

Thumbs up

My Revan is a Male, look better with his Robes

Revan the GREATEST Sith Lord of the Galaxy
Lord Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #53
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

I am simply basing my guesses on if they where to make an EU book out of the game. They would of course have to choose a gender for Revan. And that would most likely be male. It is tradition.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:07 AM   #54
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
I'm sorry, but this question is pointless as it has no right or wrong answer. Revan is whoever you want him/her to be.

Saying he/she is male and not female because of the Bastilla storyline is just silly, because if you play as a female, you can have a love story with Carth.

Saying he/she is male because you cannot have a female Sith Lord is just pathetic. Why not a female Sith Lord? Women can be just as evil as men, and if the story writers of KotOR didn't want a female Sith Lord, then they wouldn't give you the option to be female. Just because there hasn't been one before, doesn't mean there cannot be one. Fact is, there is one now if you choose to play as a female, so get used to it.

In case you haven't guessed, my Revan is female.

Quote:
Just to emphasise
Revan is whoever you want him/her to be.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #55
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well said.

But my Revan is male.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #56
FiEND_138

Quote:
Originally posted by leXX
Why not a female Sith Lord? Women can be just as evil as men,
In my experience, about a 1,000x's more evil than men....

Agrees with Prime.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2004, 10:24 PM   #57
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
I agree with FiEND, agreeing with Prime and LeXX.

Except that my Revan is female!

Old 09-15-2004, 04:08 PM   #58
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Amen Fiend, make that 2,000.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #59
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Amen Fiend, make that 2,000.

...there are some females watching...
...so watch out...

...btw my Revan is a female too...
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2004, 06:12 PM   #60
DarthBuzzard
Forumite

You can't get a feel for the game unless you play each side, dark and light.

but my revan is male...cuz I am, and so I don't get clipping issues with hooded robes.

But a lot of the female Revan dialouges are funny... if you are following the love story with carth (or if you are a female in general i think), take him when you talk to Tanis and the Gammoreans on Tatooine in the Lodge. Hilarity ensues

AIM = halfbakedbuzzard

Donate to my RPG character here:
Eternal Thanks to those who have donated:
Adam G (Yoinked) - 500,000
Fiend138 - 869
Darth333 - 1,000
JediDude - 40,000

Thanks so much guys!

SON OF A BLOODY WIGOT! -RealJediDude

You vile vile man. Thats the greatest thing EVAR!!! - Kain
DarthBuzzard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 08:28 PM   #61
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Female.

By the way, I'm a guy.

(Don't look at my avatar...so many times have people tought I was a transexual or something...that or guys start hitting on me...)

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 11:13 PM   #62
FiEND_138

^^
Now thats funny!! Probably the same folks who would hit on anybody using a Jan skin & a purple blade in JO Mp. Happened to myself a few times, & I'd inform them I'm a guy & they couldn't disconnect fast enough. Good Times

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2004, 12:14 AM   #63
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
*Spits water all over monitor*

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Old 09-17-2004, 05:18 AM   #64
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
hmm, me thinks that if (for some odd reason) they made a movie, revan would be a guy. based on the current cultural bias, anyway. before you call me sexist, be aware that i prefer female revan, movie or game.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #65
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Well, considering Revan is the hero, I can understand that. But I couldn't really get into the character of a female Sith Lord who remains evil. I would always feel bad for her, and sympathize with her no matter what she did. With a guy I could happily say: "Die mother ****er!!".
Old 09-24-2004, 11:17 AM   #66
sheedee
Rookie

Female

Maybe it's just me talking, but Revan as a person definitely feels rather female. I mean if I look at his/her "curiculum vitae" and the stuff he or she has done... 't just seems right to me that revan is a female. Just a feeling, nothing more.

just my two cents
sheedee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 03:55 PM   #67
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
My revan was male, but to me the gender doesnt really matter. Its the head. Every head, to me, is a new character. In the beginning, one of them just speaks to you. Thats revan, and you choose that one. I have played KotOR twice now, both time using the same head (for the second time I recolored the hair a bit). This happens with both the male and the female versions. For me, it was the Asian-ish head with gold hair.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 08:20 PM   #68
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Quote:
Well, considering Revan is the hero, I can understand that. But I couldn't really get into the character of a female Sith Lord who remains evil. I would always feel bad for her, and sympathize with her no matter what she did. With a guy I could happily say: "Die mother ****er!!".
that would be the idea. think about it: would you rather waste a lot of time and energy being "light side" and try to turn or kill a female sith lord??? and possibly get killed in the process???

or would you rather join with her and become a sith lord yourself??? of course, fatherhood would be a pleasant side-effect...

Old 09-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #69
DarthBuzzard
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by stingerhs
fatherhood would be a pleasant side-effect...

Whoa. Thats like...

*attempts to rationalize Stingers comments* He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila...He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila */attempts to rationalize Stingers comments*

Personally (to get back on topic), you need to play both sides to get a good feel, but I like female dialouges over male dialouges.

AIM = halfbakedbuzzard

Fiend138 - 869
Darth333 - 1,000
JediDude - 40,000

Thanks so much guys!

Old 09-27-2004, 08:03 AM   #70
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard

Whoa. Thats like...

*attempts to rationalize Stingers comments* He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila...He wants to apprentice himself to Bastila */attempts to rationalize Stingers comments*
actually, i meant more of an equal relationship, which would fit the concept of marriage much more closely. any other explaination is totally supposition on your part.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:38 AM   #71
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Not to mention if you where her underling apprentice, you would have to kill her eventually...
Old 09-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #72
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Quote:
Not to mention if you where her underling apprentice, you would have to kill her eventually...
hmm, perhaps you missed the fact that i would view the relationship as a marriage...

oh yeah, this is the good ol' u.s. of a where the divorce rate far surpasses the marriage rate....

so i guess most people view marriage as temporary to begin with despite that whole "till DEATH do you part" thingie...

Old 09-30-2004, 07:19 PM   #73
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally posted by stingerhs
so i guess most people view marriage as temporary to begin with despite that whole "till DEATH do you part" thingie...
Ahh... that is also the way of the Dark Sith as well "Til Death do you part" and then the apprentice becomes the master... or the master seeks a new apprentice!

Old 10-01-2004, 06:15 AM   #74
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Quote:
Ahh... that is also the way of the Dark Sith as well "Til Death do you part" and then the apprentice becomes the master... or the master seeks a new apprentice!

you know, i the thought crossed my mind a couple of minutes after i posted. oh well.

actually my point was that marriage would prevent the problem of killing off the one as a master. would it stop it entirely??? well, that would depend on the person.

i guess that would also open up the door for the debate on who would submit to who if the husband/apprentice was married to the wife/master??? would the husband/apprentice attack his wife/master for not making a meal??? or would the wife/master attack the husband/apprentice for disobeying orders???

just some critical thinking...

Old 10-01-2004, 01:43 PM   #75
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
The wife is always the boss. You should know that by now.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 02:51 PM   #76
DarthBuzzard
Forumite

My mom is DEFINATELY the boss in this household

AIM = halfbakedbuzzard

Fiend138 - 869
Darth333 - 1,000
JediDude - 40,000

Thanks so much guys!

Old 10-02-2004, 03:45 AM   #77
MarcusLeCoy

Smile

I say male

MarcusLeCoy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 08:45 AM   #78
JediConsularAD
Forumite

this is one hell of a debate going on in here but the bottom line is revan is whichever gender you play as.

if you are male you fall in love with bastilla and if you are female you fall in love with carth, got that.

Sunrunner = Yalin Hawk - Spy
Sunrunner = Yarin Hawk -Entertainer

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?GamesMaster
http://Yalin.Hawk.youaremighty.com/
JediConsularAD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 AM   #79
MdKnightR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
My Revan is most definately a Female. Easier on the eyes.

Have played one male Revan, and a dozen Female ones. There are not enough (Meaning: None) Female Sith Lords, Revan should be female.

Of course that is just my opinion... I could be wrong!
I am of like mind with RedHawke. I much prefer a female Revan.

MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 03:11 AM   #80
RevanA4
Desu~

Hot Topic Starter 
female in game male for movie

female in game cuz I'm NOT staring at a guys back side for the whole game and my pc looks like bastila

Saber is so cute ^__^ | Get Firefox! | call me Revan for short plz
check out this awsome fic by Fuu
What browser do you use. click and vote. you can also discuss browsers here

Formerly known as Revan the great | Back from the dead
RevanA4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Revan....Male or Female??