lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Is Revan Male or Female
Male 176 59.86%
Female 96 32.65%
I don`t care.... 22 7.48%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan....Male or Female??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-22-2005, 05:17 AM   #81
montnoir

My first play-through I played a female Revan who took over the galaxy using her massive Sith armada.

But she didn't stick with me as much as the male Jedi, who redeemed Bastila and became hero of the Old Republic.

So I voted that Revan is male.

in vino veritas
montnoir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 07:15 AM   #82
Kensai
Rookie

Male, the one with the corn rows. Females just don't look evil enough...
Kensai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 08:28 AM   #83
montnoir

Oh yeah, on my first play-through as a darksider female. I got the feeling that Revan and Malak were lovers. But then both were corrupted by the darkside and the love transformed into ambition thus they ended up trying to kill eachother. All the way to the end I expected Malak to say something about how much he had loved her... once... then Revan would have rammed her lightsaber through his eyesocket and taken over the galaxy!

in vino veritas
montnoir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #84
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by montnoir
Oh yeah, on my first play-through as a darksider female. I got the feeling that Revan and Malak were lovers. But then both were corrupted by the darkside and the love transformed into ambition thus they ended up trying to kill eachother. All the way to the end I expected Malak to say something about how much he had loved her... once... then Revan would have rammed her lightsaber through his eyesocket and taken over the galaxy!

That actually would've been very interesting. It would have given some depth to Malak. Now he's pretty linear, too "KILL! KILL! KILL!".

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.

Last edited by lukeiamyourdad; 09-22-2005 at 04:20 PM.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 10:48 AM   #85
Bastila
Forumite

Mine are Male and Female lol, i think male and female games are both good, but sometimes its cool to see a Female Sith lord and a female hero like you get a sith lord you get a female Jedi to save the day .

Bastila is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #86
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Male Revan all the way. I tried playing a game as a female Revan, but it simply was not Revan.

While I think the Exile has to be a female character, Revan simply should not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 12:14 PM   #87
TheGreenGoblin

I went with male. Mainly because I feel the Bastila storyline fits very well with the whole theme of redemption and is beautifully foreshadowed by Jolee's line that goes something like "Love can save you, not condemn you". Revan turning Bastila back to the light because he loves her, her rejecting the Dark Side for that love, things like that, that's what Star Wars is about.

Although I will say that I don't think LucasArts should ever definitively specify what gender Revan is unless they absolutely have to. Its just better that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
It would have given some depth to Malak. Now his pretty linear, too "KILL! KILL! KILL!".
You know I've always viewed Malak with something of an inferiority complex that resulted in him secretly hating Revan all those years together as Jedi. I mean imagine your Malak and whenever anyone refers to you, its always as Revan's lackey, his inferior, second-best. Then when you both become big bad Lords of the Sith, you're FORCED to become his apprentice, picture the humiliation. And even when you finally do get rid of Revan, people still say "Well, Malak betrayed Revan from far away because he was afraid to face him."

I think his armor begins to crack right before Malak dispatches the Star Forge's droids on Revan for the last time, he essentially rants about how he's overpassed you in every single way and that he's a greater Sith, and etc. Deep down he must have been ****ting in his pants seeing Revan walk up that ramp at the end to fight him.
TheGreenGoblin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #88
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
^^^
That's a very good point. He must be pissed about his jaw, too (wasn't it Revan that chopped his jaw off? I mean, I always envisioned the two of them fighting for mantle of Dark Lord, resulting in the loss of Malak's jaw).

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #89
TheGreenGoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSkye
^^^
That's a very good point. He must be pissed about his jaw, too (wasn't it Revan that chopped his jaw off? I mean, I always envisioned the two of them fighting for mantle of Dark Lord, resulting in the loss of Malak's jaw).

So have I, but it's never confirmed.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #90
Shrub91
Rookie

I'm a guy but I use Female, So I can dump the whiner Carth with the Carth Hater mod!
Also Revan seems to be female anyways, Women are the REAL sith masters!
And I'm the last Sith LORD! (drools at the hordes of Sith women surrounding him)
Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Shrub91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 09:09 PM   #91
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Revan is a male, the exile is a female okay?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #92
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
^^^
Eh, they were both male for me (Revan's character can arguably be both, though). The Exile is much more diverse; it works great either way.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #93
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
Preferable this is how I think it should be:

Revan: Female
Exile: Male

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2005, 11:12 AM   #94
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
I'm still undecided. While I've never played Revan as a female I can definitely see how Revan could be a female. From what KotOR gives in the way of Revan's history I don't see anything that points toward Revan being either male or female. Maybe after I play TSL I'll have a different vibe but for now I haven't locked Revan into a specific gender. I just play Revan as a male because I'm a male. And I also think that because I'm not decided on Revan's gender this is just another shining reason why KotOR is such a well written RPG. The devs, for the most part, did a great job at keeping the script gender-neutral.
Now, I understand what others have said about LucasArts stating that the "canonical" Revan is LS male but until the KotOR storyline gets to the point where there is more evidence supporting or indicating Revan's gender I'm going to leave that as an undetermined item.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2005, 12:28 AM   #95
Shrub91
Rookie

I concur.
Shrub91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #96
Allronix
Forumite

Female Revan- all the way. The male plot just was not as well-developed. Playing male, I never quite was able to ditch the suspicion that Bastila's "scuccumbing to my charms" wasn't more due to a combination of bottled-up hormones (it's not like she got to date in the Enclave) and the Force Bond. The Juhani arc was also a factor. She seemed more apt to find the face of her future in another woman. There's also the reversal-of-expectations factor. You hear all this talk about Revan, and you're expecting Attila the Hun. When the twist hits and you realize the truth's closer to Joan of Arc? That's just unheard-of levels of cool.

Male Exile - the female option in K2 was not quite as developed as the male Exile. Mical had so much potential, but Brianna had a better-defined story arc. Atris's unexpressed feelings and envy of the Exile for choosing the war (over her) also work better in explaining the sheer poison she's throwing at you.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #97
Clone L68362
Forumite

Even though I picked "I don't care" I'll refer to Revan as he, and consider him male considering he's canonically male.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 02:46 AM   #98
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Male, because to me, Revan sounds like a man's name and I always play a Male Revan, because I'm Male.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 05:03 AM   #99
Mario1
Rookie

Revan and the Exile should both be Male.

Can you actually see a Female Revan leading the Republic and several Jedi to destroy the Mandalorians?!

Can you actually see a Female Exile being a General that gave the order for activation of the Mass Shadow Generator?!

A Female Revan returning as Dark Lord of the Sith to destroy the Jedi?!

A Female Exile killing 3 Sith Lords?!

Desciple sucks too. I can continue with the list if you want.
Mario1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 07:06 AM   #100
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Revan: Undecided, I've played as both Lightside Male and Lightside Female. While I think LSF gave a slightly better experience (the Bastila "romance" comes off as rather infantile to me, at least until near the end of the game), LSM gives better story immersion since some NPCs "slip" in their dialog and call Revan "he" no matter what gender you have picked. If you pick a female with the scoundrel appearance it also looks pretty funny if you stand next to Malak, since he's nearly twice as tall as Revan is.

Exile: Lightside Female is my preference here, though just barely. Atton is more interesting if the Exile is female and the Disciple can add quite a lot to the background of the story with his conversations (if only his voice wasn't so terribly annoying...) and gives additional insight into Kreia's motives and dealings. Sion having a crush on a female Exile is also rather funny, and more conflicted and less stereotypical than the typical "JEDI! ME HATE! KILL!!!" attitude most Sith are painted with.

The arc with Atris becomes better developed when the Exile is male though, with reoccuring cutscenes and the whole Handmaiden thing. As a character on her own Brianna the Handmaiden is less interesting than the Disciple though, she's about as dry as a clay hut in the Sahara desert and wouldn't recognize a sense of humor if it slapped her in the face. I'd suspect she's genetically incapable of smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
I always play a Male Revan, because I'm Male.
Are you also a former Jedi, force sensitive, altruistic (if LS) and skilled warrior? Don't see why the gender of a character you play in a game necessarily must match that of the player, since usually nothing else is similar between the two regardless of which gender you pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario1
Can you actually see a Female Revan leading the Republic and several Jedi to destroy the Mandalorians?!
Can you actually see a Female Exile being a General that gave the order for activation of the Mass Shadow Generator?!
Yes, I can actually see that perfectly clear. What I don't see is why a person's gender would be a factor in any of those activities. Care to explain why you think so?

The factors I'd consider as essential for achieving those things would be ambition, personal charisma and leadership skill, a sharp intellect, good strategical/tactical ability and being a strong warrior. Things not too uncommon for a Jedi, and not something exclusive to the male gender.

mt

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 07-10-2006 at 07:21 AM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 07:08 AM   #101
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
i think you're going a bit discriminatory here... there's no reason that a woman can't do all those things, although i prefer Revan as a male because as Pottsie said, Revan sounds like a male name.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #102
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I'd say male, because as Pottsie said, Revan sounds like a man's name, plus, ingame, regardless of Revan's gender, he is referred to as the Dark Lord of the Sith, and in everything else, female Sith Lords are referred to as Dark Lady of the Sith.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #103
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Diablo III RoS (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
In my book Revan's a male and no one can persuade me to think otherwise. Besides, as far as I know Revan's been canonized as a male, so in your faces female-Revan-lovers!!!

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #104
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
In my book Revan's a male and no one can persuade me to think otherwise.
Why would anyone see the need to persuade you to think otherwise, when your viewpoint only affects your own (singleplayer) game? People have different preferences, and there is no single "correct" way to play the game.

Quote:
Besides, as far as I know Revan's been canonized as a male, so in your faces female-Revan-lovers!!!
Which of course means nothing in the games, where Revan is the gender you pick at the beginning of the game. The EU "canon" is just a guideline for authors writing other licensed material based on the time period. It's not a "How to play KotOR" guide.

mt

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 07-10-2006 at 02:30 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #105
mjpb3
Forumite

Quote:
Besides, as far as I know Revan's been canonized as a male, so in your faces female-Revan-lovers!!!

-----

I am female so my Revan is female. She always has been and always will be and no one can convince me otherwise.

In fact I've never even completed a male Revan game because when it came to the romance dialog with Bastila, to me, it seemed so childish and puerile that I simply couldn't continue.

Also, the whole Malak connection makes more sense to me when Revan is female. Malak is a humongous guy that is wicked with a lightsaber and force use, why would he have followed Revan around like a puppy if Revan is male?

Plus, I just like the idea that Revan was this a$$ kicking FEMALE Sith Lord. Too cool! Star Wars needs more female villains --- besides ones that are so easy to beat that it's sad.

AND, I Carth!

Yah! Go female Revan!

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨My Mods¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
Disciple FTW!
There is no canon. There is only Revan.
FYI: I am a girl, and you may call me Janet.
It's all just fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.

Last edited by mjpb3; 07-10-2006 at 07:01 PM.
mjpb3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #106
TheGreenGoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpb3

In fact I've never even completed a male Revan game because when it came to the romance dialog with Bastila, to me, it seemed so childish and puerile that I simply couldn't continue.

Actually, I felt the same way about the Carth romance. I suspect it is a gender thing rather than to do with the actual writing.

Quote:
Also, the whole Malak connection makes more sense to me when Revan is female. Malak is a humongous guy that is wicked with a lightsaber and force use, why would he have followed Revan around like a puppy if Revan is male?
For the same reason that Vader served at the beck and call of an old decrepit man for more than two decades: his master was the stronger. Same goes for Malak. As soon as the oppurtunity to usurp their masters presented itself they both, or at least tried to, capitalize on it. Malak having a crush on a female Revan has potential, but there's nothing to support it.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #107
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
^^^
i agree. havent you heard of "size matters not", mjpb? i'm not trying to imply that revan cannot be female, but am just agreeing with the Green Goblin that revan was stronger, thats why he had a leash on Malak.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #108
mjpb3
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenGoblin
For the same reason that Vader served at the beck and call of an old decrepit man for more than two decades: his master was the stronger. Same goes for Malak. As soon as the oppurtunity to usurp their masters presented itself they both, or at least tried to, capitalize on it. Malak having a crush on a female Revan has potential, but there's nothing to support it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC 1162
i agree. havent you heard of "size matters not", mjpb? i'm not trying to imply that revan cannot be female, but am just agreeing with the Green Goblin that revan was stronger, thats why he had a leash on Malak.
Apparently you two did not read my post correctly so I will highlight the most important part for you:

Quote:
What I wrote is my opinion, and I am entitled to my own, thanks. MY Revan was, is, and always will be female because of some of the reasons I stated. It makes more sense TO ME that Revan is female.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should play their game or how their Revan should be, as no one should tell me how to play my game or how MY Revan should be.

Disciple FTW!
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #109
zadi
Rookie

Quote:
I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should play their game or how their Revan should be, as no one should tell me how to play my game or how MY Revan should be.
I agree that no one should tell you how to play your game or how Revan/Exile is to you.

My Revan is also female because it makes more sense to me. My Exile is also female and it would stand to reason they were best friends or close friends which is why "Exile" followed Revan. The idea of Revan being male and Exile being female and she had some other agenda (like in fan fics) just irks me. BUT if that's how other people play it, that's fine. It's not how I play or imagine it.

Yes, I'm obsessed with the games.
zadi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #110
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
The following comments are from a red-blooded heterosexual male (me)
Quote:
Revan and the Exile should both be Male.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion on the subject.
Quote:
Yes, I can.
Quote:
Don't see why not.
Quote:
Don't know how old you are and how much life experience you've had but I've seen some pretty vengeful women in my time, some real darksiders. So yeah, I have no problem envisioning a woman as a powerful Sith Lord.
Quote:
If a man can kill 'em then there is no reason why a woman couldn't. As far as I know a lightsaber is an equal opportunity killing device. Or in other words it doesn't check for gender, species, race, etc. before it will slice through an opponent's body. We're not talking about something limited by gender, like childbirth.

Seems readily apparent that you perceive women as too weak to lead armies, be evil, and kill people. But from one male to another, I'm not using your myopic viewing glass. Sheeoot, if mjpb3 went over to the darkside though...
***shudders at the thought*** ( @ mjpb3)

You go ahead and play the game however you want though, Mario1.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #111
mjpb3
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutmeister
Seems readily apparent that you perceive women as too weak to lead armies, be evil, and kill people. But from one male to another, I'm not using your myopic viewing glass. Sheeoot, if mjpb3 went over to the darkside though...
***shudders at the thought*** ( @ mjpb3)
Ah hahahaha! I just splorted tea all over myself! Thanks, I really needed that laugh! *snorts*

Disciple FTW!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:38 AM   #112
Revan435
Rookie

wow someone likes playing female revan a lot, a little to much if u ask me *cough* *cough* mjpb *cough*

jk jk i feel the same way about revan only the oppisite. i never played as female i get 5 mins into the game and then i throw down the controller and say f this

i voted i dont care cause i dont care
Revan435 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #113
mjpb3
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan435
wow someone likes playing female revan a lot, a little to much if u ask me *cough* *cough* mjpb *cough*
I'm not ashamed of it. I love playing female Revan! As I've already stated that is the only way I play. I tried male Revan once...and just once.

Once again: Yah! Go female Revan!

Disciple FTW!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #114
reven0123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Warrior
Whaaaa? What kind of question is this? It's obvious that Revan is whichever gender you play the game through as......so Revan isn't male or female.

Stupid question.
clever dick lol i agree with you but we cant get out of it that easily reven is stated being male and the exile female so in the next game you play as thier offspring (and that last bit was off topic but what the hell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan435

jk jk i feel the same way about revan only the oppisite. i never played as female i get 5 mins into the game and then i throw down the controller and say f this

i voted i dont care cause i dont care
honestly cant some people keep thier minds clean and not resort to smut and my mum wonders why i dont hang aroud with any of my old friends from secondary school.

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-12-2006 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #115
TheGreenGoblin

Quote:
What I wrote is my opinion, and I am entitled to my own, thanks. MY Revan was, is, and always will be female because of some of the reasons I stated. It makes more sense TO ME that Revan is female.

And I wasn't attacking your opinion, I was addressing the sentence:

Quote:
why would he have followed Revan around like a puppy if Revan is male?
Nowhere did I say, Revan couldn't be a woman because...
Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #116
Revan435
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reven0123
honestly cant some people keep thier minds clean and not resort to smut and my mum wonders why i dont hang aroud with any of my old friends from secondary school.

whats that suppose to mean. in words i can understand. wtf is smut.explain!

and mjpb3 r u a feminist or something?
Old 07-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #117
TheGreenGoblin

^^^

She's a woman, it has nothing to do with being a feminist.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #118
Revan435
Rookie

i guess u have to have some loyalty to your sex
Old 07-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #119
mjpb3
Forumite

How did this even go to being a topic about whether I am a feminist or not? I thought it was supposed to be about Revan.

And just for the record, yes I support equality between the sexes, so call me a feminist if you will.

Quote:
i guess u have to have some loyalty to your sex
Gee, do you think?

-----

I have stated my stance on Revan and how I perceive her. I suggest everyone get back on topic, or the mods will come swinging the hammer.

Disciple FTW!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #120
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Get back on the topic. Plain & Simple.

Flaming & personal accusations will not be tolerated so consider this thread "flagged" for the watchful eye...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Revan....Male or Female??