lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Curing Cancer
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Curing Cancer

It's one hell of a good online game, and it was created at absolutely no cost (except about $12 in lime ade).

The full heart-warming story can be found here, but basically, a kid called Ben who has Leukemia who's one wish was to make a computer game about beating cancer. LEC technical Director, Eric Johnston (who worked on Indie and the Fate of Atlantis and our own SOMI) got permission for him and ben to work after hours in a studio and create the game.

The 4th beta version can be found here and is actually pretty entertaining for a while. You an even change the look of the charcters and so on. So go ahead and have fun, and it's all for a good, heartwarming cause (despite you not donating any money and the game being free, but hey, you can donate if you want.

Have fun.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #2
Dr Edison 007
Forumite

That's a real touching story, Joshi.
Dr Edison 007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2004, 06:18 PM   #3
Feral
Old fart

Current Game: FM2007. Perpetually.
Aye, someone posted this on b3ta the other day and I downloaded it then. Somebody asked what the "Game Over" screen would be like.
Well, it made me laugh. Yeah, I know, straight to hell for me.

Feral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2004, 06:27 PM   #4
Das Mole
Das Me

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
how do you play this thing? i open it, and it's got these little diamond-shapes flying around. then it goes to some screen, i think it must be an option screen, but all the things are in white...there's no writing or anything...

Das Mole is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2004, 06:36 PM   #5
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Try downloading it again, it works straight away for me. Or maybe you just dont have a fast enough computer, it hardly worked on my desktop 266, I had to put it on my much faster laptop.

I've already got a Guybrush charchter in mine. I cut out guybrush from a screenshot of him swordfighting (in CMI) and cut out the sword, works great as he looks like he's riding a hoverboard and holding a weapon. It's cool.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > Random Fun > Ye Olde Harbour > Curing Cancer