lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I heard a rumor...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-15-2004, 05:39 AM   #1
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

I heard a rumor...

Some people say that Grievous, since he's a cyborg, is made partially from Maul's remains they dragged out of Naboo's core. THat woudl explain why he's such a skilled Swordsman, right?

Alright, this does sound like somehting supershadow made up but i didn't get it from him k? So just give your opinion...
Doomie is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 05:43 AM   #2
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
I’ve heard that rumour too, but apparently its false.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 05:47 AM   #3
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Ah well, it would be nice EU stuff. Afterall, there's no real reason to deny it, since it wouldn't really affect the story.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:38 PM   #4
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

ive heard alot of wacky maul>grievous theories. i think most of them came up due to their similar eye coloration and attitude towards jedi (that and the skill too of course).

but maul never seemed like much of a tactician, just a fighter. grievous is a general, not a high ranking anti-jedi like ventress but an actual general. this means that hes a better strategist then the droids the confederacy has.

i dont think maul has anything to do with grievous (i hope anyways) but i can see why some people would believe it possible. we'll know better in a little while (for ppl going opening night as of right now will wait 308 days 8 hours 28 mins 48 seconds).

The shroud of the dark emperor Divine Spirit has fallen.

*~*Master in the Sith Academy*~*

walk into the light and you are blinded.

walk away from the light and your path is illuminated.

I answer the call of frostmourne alone.

it hungers.
Darth Talliusc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #5
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
you're right, maul just did what he was told
Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2004, 06:03 PM   #6
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

interesting idea chase. i hadnt thought of that one yet.

i assumed that dooku made himself look like sifo dyas (wouldnt be too hard if over the holonet, or using the force to alter perceptions in person) for purposes of credibility, or that sifo dyas was coerced into it by palp/dooku and then killed once the job was done so that nobody would know about the cloners on kamino until the right time.

at any rate it likely had something to do with dooku as we know he was working for sidious by then.

but if it IS sifo dyas, why hasnt he done anything leading up to this point? was he mangled resisting dooku and kept alive through machines foreshadowing anakins own transformation?

to me it seems as if dyas is probably dead and not gonna even be mentioned in ep3 but anythings possible with GL (jar jar binks i ask you?).

it hungers.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:53 AM   #7
Ockniel

well, I doubt that he is maul, cause that would contradict the 2 sith rule, I mean 4 sith? too much..

and he cant be sypho dyas, cause theforce.net says that sypho dyas was somewhere in episode 2.

Its a pretty cool idea about maul though, I would like to have him back maybe if he didn't tell anyone that he was maul, and wasn't an official sith, but maybe part of some anti jedi movement....... I dunno
Ockniel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2004, 03:25 AM   #8
coupes.
★★★★★

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
He is not Darth Maul... GG is part non-humanoid alien and part droid. Maul on the other hand was a humanoid alien so that counts him out.
coupes. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
joesdomain
The Emperor

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
We probably won't find out where General Grevious came from or who he really is in episode III. Probably come from a eu novel or star wars databank information when they update it next year.

"You Rebel Scum"

"Wipe them out, all of them"
joesdomain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2004, 08:22 PM   #10
fuzzyfreaker

I hope the Whole Maul/Grevious thing is fake. It'd just add too much confusion to the Main Plot. I think the only link to the past of Grevious should be a EU novel. Like Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

Xbox Live Gamertag: fuzzyfreaker
fuzzyfreaker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2004, 10:31 PM   #11
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

the more i think about chase's idea the more i like it. i think it would be very poetic if the jedi found out they were betrayed not once, not twice, not three times, but four times *maybe more* (dooku, palpatine, grievous, anakin).

about all we really know of GG is that hes a male (or at least a male personality because its always referred to as HE) and that he kicks alot of arse.

it hungers.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:54 AM   #12
Mike Windu
Je suis l'agent du chaos.

If George actually decides to do that...

*thinks of the chaos*

Now, I believe Grievous is just a new character all his own, no past links to other characters(sifo dyas or maul). I also believe he will be what makes episode 3 good . It's like what maul was to episode 1, he will be to episode 3.

Quote:
the more i think about chase's idea the more i like it. i think it would be very poetic if the jedi found out they were betrayed not once, not twice, not three times, but four times *maybe more* (dooku, palpatine, grievous, anakin).

How much you wanna bet the jedi that dropped out(aka the lost 20) have also betrayed the order.

Quote:
He is not Darth Maul... GG is part non-humanoid alien and part droid. Maul on the other hand was a humanoid alien so that counts him out.
He was a male Zabrak. And what Doomgiver was saying was they stole his flesh from the pit and remade him. Which would be impossible cause the pit is like... neverending

Well, to me it seemed obvious Sifo Dyas will have ALOT more to do with the events that unfold in episode 3. And he might be still alive.(more than likely)

That's the last time I buy anything just because it's furry!

Mike Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2004, 02:45 AM   #13
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Windu
He was a male Zabrak.
Zabraks are still humanoid though. Geonosians are an example of a non-humanoid species. Something that doesn't share most characteristics with humans, and could never be confused for a human.

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2004, 03:04 AM   #14
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Zabraks are still humanoid though. Geonosians are an example of a non-humanoid species. Something that doesn't share most characteristics with humans, and could never be confused for a human.
Technically speaking, most intellegent bipedal creatures are considered 'humanoid'.

Expand your Imagi-Nation
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #15
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Ooh, i like the Sifo Dyas theory. Where did Grievous come from anyway? Was he jsut there one day? And if he's not Maul or Dyas, then who or what was he before he turned cyborg? I mean, only good fighters or cunning generals would be worth to turn cyborg. And would he have been wounded, or did he have himself turned into a cyborg for all the benefits it'd get him? if he was wounded, only a Jedi could survive wounds like that, since he's almost totally machine now. And he msut've been a jedi before he was encased into his cyborg form, otherwise it'd screw with the only-two-rule...

So yeah, i vote for Dyas too. It's pretty obvious actually.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:06 PM   #16
Mike Windu

Quote:
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Ooh, i like the Sifo Dyas theory. Where did Grievous come from anyway? Was he jsut there one day? And if he's not Maul or Dyas, then who or what was he before he turned cyborg? I mean, only good fighters or cunning generals would be worth to turn cyborg. And would he have been wounded, or did he have himself turned into a cyborg for all the benefits it'd get him? if he was wounded, only a Jedi could survive wounds like that, since he's almost totally machine now. And he msut've been a jedi before he was encased into his cyborg form, otherwise it'd screw with the only-two-rule...

So yeah, i vote for Dyas too. It's pretty obvious actually.

I would like to think he was just a person who was a damn good fighter... and not all these crackpot theories of Jedi and whatnot

Pretty obvious?
>.>
<.<

It's still only a theory...

Old 07-17-2004, 01:07 PM   #17
Codja X

Re: I heard a rumor...

Quote:
Some people say that Grievous, since he's a cyborg, is made partially from Maul's remains they dragged out of Naboo's core.
What, like Robocop?

directive 1: Serve the public trust
directive 2: Uphold the law
directive 3: Kill all the Jedi......
Codja X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2004, 01:27 PM   #18
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Nooo, more like:

One of those scavenger droids from the podraces is activated in Maul's ship and traces him, then pulls him out of whereever he was. Then he's put back in his vessel and put in a bacta tank (Well, his upper half anyway) and the vessel automatically starts transmitting a secret message to Sidious. Sidious sends someone to retrieve the sith infiltrator, who flies it to Geonosis to have him made a cyborg. At least, that's one of the possibilities. But i'm going with chase's theory now.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #19
Mike Windu

Maul was USED

Sidious wouldn't give a damn whether he was alive or not, not now anyway.

I think the theory where Grievous is a whole new character is the one I'm sticking with. It's absurd to think that something like that would happen in the movies.

Stuff like "cyborg recreation from a sith" only happens in fanfiction.

Old 07-17-2004, 02:24 PM   #20
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Yeah we stepped away from it and now it's Sifo Dyas. It sounds even crzier but think about it:

1) the only two rule doesn't allow for dooku AND maul to be there. So Grievous must've had former jedi training.
2) We don't know what Race Dyas is. We also don't know What race Grievous' biological side is. So it could be.
3) It would explain why he ordered the clone army.
4) And why Sifo Dyas dissappeared.

If it's not in the movies, I'll be damned if there's not some EU author that explore's this path...

EDIT: ooh, got some more reasons! (Yeah, i said this already but t's nice to have it all together)

5) Only a good Jedi or General would be worth putting in a cyborg shell.
6) There are two possibilities: Either Grievous got himself 'cyborgified' because of all the benefits it's get him, or he was so injured he needed it to survive (Like Vader.) Now, if that's so, only a Jedi could survive injuries serious enough to have to do that...
Old 07-17-2004, 03:47 PM   #21
Mike Windu

I could be put into a cyborg shell and made into a general, but I'm not a Jedi.

I can also survive alot of injuries to be "cyborgified" as you put it. Jedi's aren't the only people that are strong.

How do you know HE HAS TO BE A JEDI?

I don't recall bounty hunters that have lightsabers being a jedi.

Sifo Dyas left the order just like Dooku. He was one of the "lost 20."

Old 07-17-2004, 06:22 PM   #22
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

if people were generally more accepting of the EU i wouldve posted this a while ago. but now will have to do (i expect this idea to be chucked out the window by the masses but i feel it should be said anyways)

if anybody here has read "the cestus deception" you would have been introduced to the JK's (jedi killers. despite their complete inability to kill jedi or anybody for that matter). while it couldnt be one of those lil eels (i expect many of you are lost at this point, so go get the book and read it) it seems like very similar technology.

we know that grievous was around before the cestus incident but we dont know HOW MUCH before so it seems likely to me that the baktoid armor group had something to do with grievous's construction. grievous might even have been the inspiration for the Jk droids (eel/droid security guards).

and as for the "lost 20" thing. im betting that those 20 go back a far way. not as far back as the KOTOR days (obviously because alot more then 20 jedi went over during that time) but that doesnt mean that all 20 of em went over to sidious' side.

it hungers.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:10 AM   #23
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Quote:
I can also survive alot of injuries to be "cyborgified" as you put it. Jedi's aren't the only people that are strong.
Dude, Grievous is about 90 percent droid. Can you figure how very wounded that guy must've been? Worse than Ani at least. Only if you're attuned with the force you can survive stuff like that. The force makes you strong. Especially the Dark side. And besides, have you read the stuff about he only-two-rule? He must've been a jedi before going over to Sidious...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:28 AM   #24
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
It could also be that the species he is part of is highly adaptive and has perfected a way of intergrating cybernetics into themselves if they lose a limb or so on.
Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2004, 09:01 AM   #25
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Could be. But the fact remains that he had to be very wounded then. Besides, i have enough other valid points
Old 07-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #26
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Could be. But the fact remains that he had to be very wounded then. Besides, i have enough other valid points
The injuries didn't all necessarily come at once, unless that's already been stated, becauseI haven't paid much attention to Grievous, i'm trying to stay relatively spoiler-free. But Couldn't he have aquired his cyborg parts piece by piece? Arm here, leg there, and so on.

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2004, 03:53 PM   #27
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Alright, very wounded over time then. But there's not much biological to him now, so...

So ET, you come to the ep 3 spoiler board to stay spoilerfree?
Old 07-21-2004, 04:28 PM   #28
coupes.
★★★★★

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
So ET, you come to the ep 3 spoiler board to stay spoilerfree?
Quote:
Originally posted by ET Warrior
[...]i'm trying to stay relatively spoiler-free.

And I do beleive you don't have to be a jedi to get 'cyborgified'... Besides, like ET said, his wounds coul have happened at different times.
coupes. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2004, 10:00 PM   #29
joesdomain
The Emperor

General Grevious is just a new character. He just so happens to be part organic, the brain and eyes. Lucas will probably tell who's body it came from in an interview in the future.

"You Rebel Scum"

Old 07-22-2004, 04:39 AM   #30
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Hmm... Whatever. Even if it's not so according to Lucas, it would be an interesting path to explore in EU. I don't think we're the only ones that came up with this idea, so we might get some new EU about this in the future...
Old 07-22-2004, 11:37 AM   #31
joesdomain
The Emperor

I heard General Grevious has very little screen time besides obiwan fighting and killing him. I also heard about Anakin and Obi-wan fighting him briefly in the opening 20 minutes of the film.

"You Rebel Scum"

Old 07-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #32
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

As long as you didn't get it from Supershadow.com, I'll believe you...

On the other hand, it might be another fraud that said it...
Old 07-27-2004, 08:25 PM   #33
fuzzyfreaker

you fools thought i was dead... I AM ALIVE!!! I have returned!!!

Anyway, the whole sypho-dias thing could make sense, doomgiver does have some good points, possibly that's it.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:05 PM   #34
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

When considering characters one must keep in mind more than the story arch. We must also remember the will of the Fore himself, Mr. Lucas. G.L. has said in the past that the reason he had Maul split in two halves was that so people would not think that he would be coming back. (but we still did anyway) It's not Maul. SIfo Dyas, maybe, I doubt it because that would just bring in to many good guys turned bad and it goes against the the Sith code of no more than 2 at a time (assuming he will be a sith). Mr. Lucas will stick with his own story line and won't bend, but he will throw in a great character and create a fantastic EU background for us (the fanatic fans) with tons of details. GG will be one of those characters.
We know he is male/cyborg/uses light sabers/great warrior and strategist. Whre does he come from? Who was he? Since he uses light sabers he must be a force user right? If not, this throws in an interesting wrench in the SW universe. If GG cannot use the force, but he is deft enough to wield multiple light sabers at once to defeat Jedi in combat, can this be repeated by his speices or by his programming? I am not as much concerned as to whom he is (though it could answer the question) but as to is he a force user, Jedi or sith?

Go big or go home.
Nairb Notneb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2004, 02:41 AM   #35
joesdomain
The Emperor

I don't think Darth Maul's body parts are General Grevious because so far the eyes in the photos we have seen don't look like Maul's eyes.

"You Rebel Scum"

Old 07-28-2004, 12:06 PM   #36
Darth Darthy
Rookie

Pablo ruled out both Maul and Sifo Dyas as Grievous. He's a completely new character. He also ruled out Syfo Dyas being seen or mentioned in ROTS. He implied it was all pretty straight forward, Syfo Dyas WAS a Jedi Council member and did die 10 years ago. From that I guess we're to assume that Palpy or Dooku ordered the clones using that name.
Darth Darthy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2004, 02:24 PM   #37
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

But he died under mysterious circumstances, right? All they knew was that he disappeared during a mission, or something. At least, i think that was it. But anyway, the only-two-rule is one of the reasons it has to be a former jedi, since no Sith could've trained him. It may not be Sifo Dyas, but it is a former jedi. I believe he also didn't have red lightsabers, but different colors, but i might be wrong. But that would mean he's not a Sith, since forging an artificial crystal (wich is always red) is an essential part of Sith training...
Old 07-30-2004, 09:46 AM   #38
Ockniel

I heard he took them from like, jedi that he killed, so if thats true, he didn't build them, Its probably not true...
Ockniel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2004, 05:41 PM   #39
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

According to his bio on the SW official website, he collects the light sabers of the jedi he kills (Much like a miss Aura Sing whom also has Jedi training and has left the order to hunt Jedi. hmmm . . . . . I'm not even going to go there, for that to happen she would need to lots of changes, but hey anything is possible with a cyborg body I suppose). He very well then has sabers on his person/droid to use in combat.

Go big or go home.
Nairb Notneb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #40
fuzzyfreaker

It'll be interesting to see a general with a nice little string of sabers around his belt

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > I heard a rumor...