lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I heard a rumor...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-31-2004, 11:47 AM   #41
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

but who trained him? And shouldn't he have a lightsaber to block lightsabers with? i think his first lightsaber was his own, and he doesn't have a single red one, right?
Doomie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2004, 07:35 PM   #42
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by Doomgiver
but who trained him? And shouldn't he have a lightsaber to block lightsabers with? i think his first lightsaber was his own, and he doesn't have a single red one, right?
... he's not a jedi dangit, and there is such thing as killing a lowly padawan that's not trained all that well. He could just be a very reflexetive alien species but with his cyborg modifications he could be even more reflexetive and agile thus giving him the ability to properly weild a lightsaber.

PS: I'm aware reflexetive is a fake word, but if Bush can make up words, I demand the same right.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”

Last edited by InsaneSith; 08-01-2004 at 02:22 AM.
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2004, 01:49 AM   #43
Ockniel

Quote:
Darth Maul is not in Ep3 in any shape or form. -Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Webcam)

-theforce.net
so that fixes that, now to clear the Syfo Dias thing, I know I saw it there someplace...
Ockniel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2004, 04:38 PM   #44
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

If Grievious wants to get his cyborg hands on a Light Saber (his very first one) it would not be a problem seeing that he is in cahoots (spelling?) with Tyranus. After the battle of Geanosis, I'm sure that there were several extra sabers laying arond for say any old cyborg to happen around and pick up while he was on vacation or something like that. I don't imagine getting a saber in the first place would be the difficult part, but wielding the blade effectively in combat against a Jedi would be. Greivious doesn't have to be trained in the ways of the force, just Force sensitive.

Go big or go home.
Nairb Notneb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #45
dirsh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chase Windu
To me it would make more sense if Jedi Master Syfo Dias was Grevious. Syfo Dias is thought to be dead and also ordered the clones. Plus Lucas has yet to reveal who Syfo Dias was exactly because we know so little about him.

I don't post very often but I desided to share my theory on Jedi Master Syfo Dias. I think its palpatine. Look the guy obviously has an identaty crisis (darth sidious, palpatine, hmmmm there's more I had a brain fart) whats one more name going to matter. Also I think this because he was a jedi at one time obviously a master of great power strong enough to hide his true identy from the councle.

So to tie it up.
1. Jedi Master Syfo Dias gets saduced by the dark side by the ancient sith. (possably something like seen in Jedi Academy pc game with tavion)
2. Makes this grand plan on how to take the Galaxie.
3. Orders the creation of the clone army because by the time of compleation he would be ready to put all plans in action. Then delates the data about the cloning planet in the Jedi archives so no one would find out about his plan before he was ready for them to see it.
4. Fakes his own death in order to fully take the place of Dark lord of the Sith.
5. Waits until everyone belives Jedi Master Syfo Dias is dead and goes into polotics possably masking his features to the features of Palpatine or he really is palpatine and looks like someone else to the councle ("never underestamate the power of the dark side") yea I can't explain this one good it makes sence in my head sorry.
6. Trains darth mal and sets up a war so he can be Suprame Chancler
7. Tried to kill the then senetor Padme (because she posed the only threat to his plain of full power by wanting democracy "The day we stop beliving in democracy is the day it dies" ep1) by hiring Jango which Anakin and obi wan figred out who the would be assain was thus revealing the ready clone army to the senate. (So it was a win win for pally Kill Padme, Jar Jar in charge(****) or have them figre our who cares amys ready)
8. ****s over the Trade feaderation yet again by using dooku. Sets up another war which he is granted Supream power (birth of the empire good job jar jar) to use the clone army agenst the fedaration who was actually working for him.
Famous clone war: Basicly a civil war to astablish the empire.
9. Anakin is suduce by the dark side. He and Syfo Dias/pally kill the remaining jedi killing with them the hopes of stoping the grand plan.

ENTER: SW EP4

CONCLUTION: PALPATINE, Darth Sidious, or what ever you want to call him IS Jedi Master Syfo Dias.

whew that was a long one I haven't slept in like 2 days so sorry of my spelling and grammer is off a bit.
dirsh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #46
dirsh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ockniel
so that fixes that, now to clear the Syfo Dias thing, I know I saw it there someplace...
Oh and I read that thing about him being in ep2 as well thus conferming my case. And Gen Gravous (sp) is just a new ch intrduce in the clone wars (not mal "2 sith rule" and not Syfo Dias cuz he's pally)
dirsh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #47
coupes.
★★★★★

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dirsh
I don't post very often but I desided to share my theory on Jedi Master Syfo Dias. I think its palpatine. Look the guy obviously has an identaty crisis (darth sidious, palpatine, hmmmm there's more I had a brain fart) whats one more name going to matter. Also I think this because he was a jedi at one time obviously a master of great power strong enough to hide his true identy from the councle.[quote]
I don't see why he or Dooku simply couldn't have said his name was Syfo Dyas. And who ever said Sidious was a jedi before ? Surely the jedi would recognize him if he ever was part of the order.

Quote:
So to tie it up.
1. Jedi Master Syfo Dias gets saduced by the dark side by the ancient sith. (possably something like seen in Jedi Academy pc game with tavion)
I think jedi master Syfo Dyas simply dies 10 years prior to AotC, like it was actually said in the movie.

Quote:
2. Makes this grand plan on how to take the Galaxie.
That's Palpatine's plan...

Quote:
3. Orders the creation of the clone army because by the time of compleation he would be ready to put all plans in action. Then delates the data about the cloning planet in the Jedi archives so no one would find out about his plan before he was ready for them to see it.
Sidious or Dooku could have done it... taking only Dyas' name as the cloners have no idea who he really is and what he looks like. Perhaps Dyas [b]was[/s] seduced by the dark side and followed Sidious' orders to order the clones. Sidious probably got rid of him after it was done and he had removed the planet from the archives.

Quote:
4. Fakes his own death in order to fully take the place of Dark lord of the Sith.
5. Waits until everyone belives Jedi Master Syfo Dias is dead and goes into polotics possably masking his features to the features of Palpatine or he really is palpatine and looks like someone else to the councle ("never underestamate the power of the dark side") yea I can't explain this one good it makes sence in my head sorry.
Sidious has obvioulsy been around befor Syfo Dyas died. And we have never heared of anyone being able to modify his physical appearence using the force...

We don't know who Syfo Dyas is, but we do know he's not Sidious, for ovious reasons. The jedi knew who Syfo Dyas was and what he looked like and yet they don't seem to recognize Palpatine.

Palpatine was a senator before being chancelor. If he is in fact Syfo Dyas, how could he be on the senate and still go on some peacekeeping missions around the galaxy ?

One possibility is, like I explained before, Dyas really was seduced by the dark side and recruited by Sidious who promised him a place at his side if he could prove his loyalty by ordering the army and deleting the planet from the archive... (just a though) Sidious then backstabbed him (not literally) and nobody ever heared about it until Obi-Wan flew to Kamino.
coupes. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2004, 12:21 AM   #48
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
Sidious has obvioulsy been around befor Syfo Dyas died. And we have never heared of anyone being able to modify his physical appearence using the force
Actually...there are several Sith surgeries that one could preform to change most anything about themselves...

...if I was still on good terms with the guy who had that book, I'd get the actual quote, but since he's a piece of thieving ****, kinda hard to get mah hands on it.

Expand your Imagi-Nation
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #49
fuzzyfreaker

sidious IS NOT sypho-dias, that would make absolutly no sense. I mean, it's been all but conformed that Sidious is Palpy. Now wouldn't the Jedi Council notice if a guy that looks excatly like palpatine is in the room with them? Besides, it would be too much work, even for a jedi. Be ruler of the Republic as Palpy, Evil sith lord as sidious, and jedi master sypho-dias? THINK.

Whoopie.

Xbox Live Gamertag: fuzzyfreaker
fuzzyfreaker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2004, 05:53 AM   #50
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Eh? I believe you're a little confused, and as such, you have succeeded in doing the same to me.

EDIT: oh wait, i get it now. You're not as weird as i thought.

Come on, you'd think that the jedi would be able to recognize a galaxy-famous senator, that shows his face every day, if he actually was one of them, one they also saw every day before he disappeared?

Another EDIT: Alright, whate were ALL the reasons you guys named that grievous can't be Sifo Dyas? I'll prove them wrong i tell you! Or at least i'll prove that it's very well possible that i'm right!

Or actually that Chase is right...

Ugh, alright, one more EDIT: http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2004...s20040803.html

That shows my initial topic may not have been as wrong as i thought it was. At least the picture does...

Last edited by Doomie; 08-05-2004 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:39 AM   #51
Ockniel

yeah I was looking at that today, but like they said, it didn't get into ep 3
Ockniel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #52
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

It looks cool though.

I like discussing these things, looking for greater stories behind everything... It works well with Halo [/totally very off-topic]
Old 08-08-2004, 03:33 AM   #53
joesdomain
The Emperor

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
I still think Syfo-Dyas is either Count Dooku under the name of a dead Jedi that died 10 years before Attack of the Clones.

"You Rebel Scum"

"Wipe them out, all of them"
joesdomain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #54
fuzzyfreaker

i still think sypho is just a guy that died. No more story. That's all folks!

Old 08-12-2004, 01:25 PM   #55
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Didn't you guys watch AoTC? The Camino's said that Sypho ordered the clones of Jango Fett. Jango told Obi that he didn't talk to any Syphy dude, but that he was hired by a guy named Tyranus (duh, Dukoo). Sypho was a real Jedi, of whom Dukoo, being a former Jedi must have known since Obi knew of him. Therefore, one must logically assume that Tyranus probably posed as him in front of the Caminos since Sypho just died and that there was no chance of Sypho showing up. Then Dukoo erased the data of Camino. Sypho is not Grievous. Grievous is Grievous and nobody else.

Go big or go home.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #56
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Too bad, it was a nice story...

And yes, i did see AOTC, only it was some while ago, i didn't remember all the dialogue...

And by the way:

Kaminoans, not Caminos.
Sifo or Syfo, not Sypho.
Dooku, not Dukoo.

And why wouldn't Dooku tell Jango he was Sifo-Dyas as well? That would've made it harder to track him...
Old 08-21-2004, 08:22 AM   #57
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Maybe GG is the dead-spirit-inhabited-dark-side-converted-sith-thingie of Qui-Gon.

<_<

>_>

OK, he can be Dyas, you know...

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2004, 12:38 PM   #58
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Y'know, they could've perhaps captured Qui-Gon's blue ghosts in a force-crystal like we see them in JO, and them inserted him in GG.

That is, if QG wasn't totally dead and burnt to ashes.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:41 AM   #59
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Y'know, they could've perhaps captured Qui-Gon's blue ghosts in a force-crystal like we see them in JO, and them inserted him in GG.

That is, if QG wasn't totally dead and burnt to ashes.
<_<

>_>

>_<

Ghost of the Ashes!

*runs*

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2004, 06:13 PM   #60
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Doomgiver, thanks for the typing error report. Its funny how spell check doesn't pick up Star Wars terms.

Go big or go home.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:02 AM   #61
JediJohn
Forumite

maul gets new legs i can email someone a pic

JediJohn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2004, 12:11 AM   #62
Darth Darthy
Rookie

No thanks, we can just go to the OS to see that. Its from an upcomming comic book.
Darth Darthy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2004, 04:42 PM   #63
fuzzyfreaker

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old 09-05-2004, 01:48 PM   #64
XBebop

Quote:
Originally posted by Chase Windu
To me it would make more sense if Jedi Master Syfo Dias was Grevious. Syfo Dias is thought to be dead and also ordered the clones. Plus Lucas has yet to reveal who Syfo Dias was exactly because we know so little about him.
Dooku = Syfo Dias. Syfo Dias "died" ten years ago, Dooku "left" the order ten years ago. See the resemblence?
XBebop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #65
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by XBebop
Dooku = Syfo Dias. Syfo Dias "died" ten years ago, Dooku "left" the order ten years ago. See the resemblence?
It also goes with that "certain point of view" thing. You know when Obi told Luke his father died but from another point of view on the day Anakin "died" he ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became something else when he embraced the dark side.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #66
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
But Dooku was Yoda's Padawan. Also, Syfo Dias was well known enough that Obi-Wan believed him to be dead for a decade. It seems like quite a stretch to say that Dooku and Syfo Dias are the same person.

You guys could be right, but it just doesn't add up from here.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #67
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
*shrugs* I just thought I'd take part in the conversation. I don't actually care. Knowing who Syfo Dias really is doesn't really change anything in terms of point of view of the story.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2004, 03:06 AM   #68
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
please don't behave like a troll Watutu, or you will be treated like one and banned.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2004, 03:07 AM   #69
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Alright, two requests: don't double post, and use proper english, please.
It looks a little more proffesional...

EDIT: and why do you hate us anyway? and wha twas your theory about Sifo-dyas? I couldn't read it.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #70
Watutu
Banned

that thing about hating you all was my mate so sorry about that

anyway after count dooku became palpatines apprentice one of his first missions was to order a clone army as Sifo Dyas, who was on his way to Kamino. So he got someone, (possibly a changeling) to pretend to be Sifo Dyas and order the army of clones.
Watutu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2004, 09:57 AM   #71
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

changeling... offcourse...

it could as well have been Zam Wesell. That's not even a stupid theory. And i see you're using proper english now as well.

Good. I'm beginning to like you.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:29 AM   #72
Watutu
Banned

hey, you might be the only one
Watutu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2004, 12:30 AM   #73
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
well you gave us the impression that you were a troll. i don't know if you're familiar with the term, but a troll is someone who joins up with the sole intention of causing trouble.
now you say it was a mate, and that makes sense. but your mate will get you banned if he/she posts anything like that again.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:07 AM   #74
Wa22
Banned

already happened, thanks for the warning though

by the way, in case you didnt crack my extremely clever username, im Watutu
Wa22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #75
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

How do people join and find themselves getting banned in under 30 posts all of the time? I've only been a member here for a few months now but I've seen it happen at least five or six times now? Is this the same guy? He just keeps coming back? Gets banned and then signs on with a different username or something? Why? How? Why come to forum and cause trouble, why not come here and chat and discuss? If you don't like it here then find the place where they talk of things you like. I just don't understand.

Go big or go home.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:35 AM   #76
Wa22
Banned

hey, whoever you saw it wasnt me, ive been banned once as Watutu and ive come to reek my revenge as Wa22.
anyway i didnt come on to cause trouble, i came on to express my views, and ask questions. i probably did get banned for a good reason, i just cant see it
Old 09-16-2004, 01:29 AM   #77
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
then perhaps you should read the forum rules...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=64362
Old 09-16-2004, 03:13 AM   #78
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Quote:
originally posted by Wa22
i probably did get banned for a good reason, i just cant see it
I'm sure it wasn't you before, but Have seen others with multiple usernames spamming here and it is annoying. If you can't see why you were banned just look back at your old posts and the warnings you were given, the evidence is there. If you still can't see it then ask.

Go big or go home.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:43 AM   #79
Wa22
Banned

i really dont care why i was banned, im not going to go through all that effort to find out
Old 09-16-2004, 08:51 AM   #80
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Well, if you don't care why should I. Good luck and enjoy the forums. There are a lot of good and friendly people here. It is a great place to spend time. See ya around friend.

Go big or go home.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > I heard a rumor...