lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: To what extent will K2 be moddable?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-23-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
MasterN64

To what extent will K2 be moddable?

I may not know the reasons why LucasArts does not want their games moddable, but I would think that they would allow a certain extent of modibility to the game. Shame though that their can't be new monsters and weapons and what not, for that would be geometrically changing the game, which I am sure LucasArts won't allow.

to the mods/admins - I read somewhere that threads on K2 modding are lcoked/deleted for unknown reasons. Since these are but rumors, I payed to heed to it. Sorry if that IS a rule, and I didn't see it in the rules thread, so I created this.

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear and yet the will to go on...
MasterN64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2004, 06:28 PM   #2
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
No official toolset will be released, but the game engine is the same so it shouldn't be too hard to adapt the things we have for use on KotOR 1 and use them for KotOR 2 which means you will see some very similar mods as we have for KotOR 1 in KotOR 2 as wel as exicitng new ones, but who know perhaps I am just being optimistic.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2004, 12:20 AM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
As Mav said we aren't getting any 'official' tools, but Obsidian said all the file formats will be similar or the same, so as long as there is an override directory we should all be fine.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2004, 10:01 AM   #4
StormTrooper789

Everything but the model format will be the same in KOTOR2.

I scored 12.03156% on the Geek Test.
What about you?

Official Internet Exploiter hater!

Did you know Microsoft wants to "Assimilate" you with their products?
StormTrooper789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > To what extent will K2 be moddable?