lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Several mapping questions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #1
Geoffrey S

Several mapping questions

I've been messing around with Radiant for a couple of days now, and there are a couple of questions I've got regarding level design. First, is there any way to extract any map file wanted from a downloaded mod or the original maps supplied with Jedi Outcast? This would really help to understand how other players managed to achieve various effects.

Secondly, how could I make a door that opens downwards, as if it were falling open; kind of like the ramps in the boats of the D-day landing in Medal of Honour.

Thirdly, what are the best ways to light large open exterior areas with only natural lightsources around (for instance, a sun)?

And last of all, I've run into a number of problems when trying to make decent exterior terrain. Could someone please point in the direction of a good tutorial about this subject?
Geoffrey S is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
GL_Niels
Rookie

1.if you have a downloaded map, you only get the bsp file. that can't be opened in radiant. so no. (althoug one of my friends can turn a bsp into a map file, i don't know how. So if you reallllllly want it, go search the net)

2.falling open is impossible as far as i know...you could make a door just go straight down into the ground by adding a angle of -2(or -1?) just push the up or down button in the entity window

and you can make things rotate but thats a complete circle and you cant stop it(as far as i know)

3. if your complete map is outside, you could add key:ambient value:30 to the worldspawn[*deselect all *press N *scroll down all the way *select worldspawn *add key&value]. That would make all brushes to emit light

4.dunno
GL_Niels is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Several mapping questions