lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Recruitable RedHawke Released!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2004, 04:46 AM   #81
sith_master2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
Maybe you could post you questions. As I said in the tutorial ( i think I said that -it's 2 am and i am too lazy to check), If something is not clear, just ask and I will answer and edit the tut
Well actually the main question I have is attaching the recruit script to the conversation field part. I didn't really understand what to do in that bit. That may be why my npc didn't work, I just put the script in the EntryList - 0 - Script field. Can you explain exactly how that bit works for me thanks?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me...
sith_master2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2004, 05:03 AM   #82
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by sith_master2000
Well actually the main question I have is attaching the recruit script to the conversation field part. I didn't really understand what to do in that bit. That may be why my npc didn't work, I just put the script in the EntryList - 0 - Script field. Can you explain exactly how that bit works for me thanks?
Maybe I can try. The script needs to be initiated in order to run. Without something to "fire" it (like a dialog entry or a trigger point, etc) it just sits there looking pretty.

I know next to nothing about scripting compared to several members of this forum, but I will tell you that I've found that scripts will only fire (for me at least) when they are associated with a Reply. Most of my attempts to add them to an Entry have not worked. Not sure if this is by design or if it's user error on my part.

Anyway, try moving your script reference and try again. If all else fails, download any recruit mod that has a dialog file and reverse engineer it until you figure it out. There are two available (complete with source code for the scripts) on my website.

I hope that helps!
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2004, 07:09 AM   #83
sith_master2000

I appreciate your help but I still can't get it to work. I just don't have the technical skill to work with these sort of things. I'll just have to wait and see if someone - by some miracle - creates a similar npc that I'm trying to make .

I believe the main reasons that I can't get it to work are as
following:
I don't know how the dialouge program works
I don't know how to tell KotOR to spawn my npc in a certain place.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:17 AM   #84
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
I appreciate your help but I still can't get it to work. I just don't have the technical skill to work with these sort of things. I'll just have to wait and see if someone - by some miracle - creates a similar npc that I'm trying to make .

I believe the main reasons that I can't get it to work are as
following:
I don't know how the dialouge program works
I don't know how to tell KotOR to spawn my npc in a certain place.
I thought the same thing when I started too. It takes time and patience....a lot of patience

As far as your reasons go:

1) Try Doom Dealer's module tutorial. There is a great dialog portion that I used when learning how to write dialogs.

2) You need a spawn script. Again, any of my NPC mods have source code that you can look at, or there are posts on this board you can search for to find help. I'm telling you, the hardest part is trying to find a clever way to work this into the game. The modding part is easy.

Keep trying and be sure to post specific questions when you run into trouble (after you've exhasted your resources of course)
Old 08-17-2004, 06:26 AM   #85
sith_master2000

Where can I get the NwN Editor? I have the NwN Explorer and NwN TLK Editor but I can't find the NwN Editor. I need it to continue on with Doom's tutorial. He doesn't actually give the reference for it in his tutorial. Do I actually need it or can I use something else? I'm up to Step 4 page 7.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:30 AM   #86
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Where can I get the NwN Editor? I have the NwN Explorer and NwN TLK Editor but I can't find the NwN Editor. I need it to continue on with Doom's tutorial. He doesn't actually give the reference for it in his tutorial. Do I actually need it or can I use something else? I'm up to Step 4 page 7.
If I remember correctly it's a GFF editior. If so, you can probably use the GFF Editor referenced in the Tools and Downloads sticky.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:32 AM   #87
Tanesh
Rookie

And you can get it from here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/d...83933840.shtml
Tanesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2004, 06:36 AM   #88
sith_master2000

The GFF editor I have doesn't have the options he says, example:
Add Node
Add element
String 8
Float

These are some of the options he says to use but as I said GFF editor doesn't have them. Thanks for the Info though.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:41 AM   #89
sith_master2000

Oh disregard my last post, the editor Tanesh said is the right one, THANKS SO MUCH TANESH! And of course another big thanks to Achillies for helping me with my npc problems. I hope your efforts aren't in vein.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:48 AM   #90
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Oh disregard my last post, the editor Tanesh said is the right one, THANKS SO MUCH TANESH! And of course another big thanks to Achillies for helping me with my npc problems. I hope your efforts aren't in vein.
Pretty sure that both tools have the same functionality but get there different ways (at least that's what I assume based on what I've heard ).

I'm glad that I was able to help. I'm sure your NPC will turn out just fine
Old 08-21-2004, 04:52 AM   #91
sith_master2000

Thanks for all your help Achilles but I've decided to give up my npc-ing job. After the 1000th time I've decided to give in. I'll just leave some directions on what my npc was going to be like:

Name: Zevran Organa

Class: Former Sith

Good/Evil: 70% evil

Spawn Location: Manaan

Once again a big thanks to your help Achilles but I just don't having the modding skills. Also an appology to RedHawke for using his forum for my problems, sorry man.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #92
mombrez
Lurker

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I want to replay KOTOR and I was looking for some mods for the character I want to play. New heads, new skins. I found this thread, and would love to play this character. Is there any way to do it, as my main character. I know it's probably not possible, but it never hurts to ask. Great job RedHawke, I used some of your other mods last time I played.
mombrez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 03:52 AM   #93
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
mombrez,

You certainly can... Start KotOR Tool and open the 2da editor, you have to open up your KotOR Override's portraits.2da and on the row for my NPC (Usually #41) and scroll over to a cell titled forpc it is a 0 make it a 1, then click on another line you didn't edit, and save that portraits.2da to your KotOR Override. Start a new game and it should be there now in the playable PC heads.

Warning: There will be a clothes texture glitch in the character creation process, as the RedHawke NPC has a different base clothing compared to the other PC models, but it will be fine in the game.

I hope this helps!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #94
lord ignarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho35
RedHawke, I have done 3 planets with your Mod and I am truly impressed! The custom items, journal entries, and descriptions really add to the game. It has given me more replayability unfortunately''
You have managed to do 3 planets?

If I may ask, will you release them? It´s allways great to have new game areas and quests to fullfill, and besides, lot of people would be happy playing (even) more.

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way to get lost When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. This is the first and cardinal rule of combat. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself..."

Hattori Hanzo.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #95
Jackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord ignarn
You have managed to do 3 planets?

If I may ask, will you release them? It´s allways great to have new game areas and quests to fullfill, and besides, lot of people would be happy playing (even) more.
I believe he means he has gone to three planets with the Recruitable RedHawke mod installed, ie Mannan, Korriban, etc etc rather then "I Have your mod installed and made three new planets to go with it"
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2006, 07:21 AM   #96
lord ignarn

Oh! what a disapointment! I just had thought that...

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way to get lost When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. This is the first and cardinal rule of combat. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself..."

Hattori Hanzo.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #97
mombrez
Lurker

Thank you RedHawke, now I'm off to try that.
mombrez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #98
Quatra
Rookie

I have a question for you RedHawke.
If i kill Juhani on Dantooine, can i recruit your girl with Juhani? Can your girl replace the empty slot of Juhani?
Quatra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #99
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatra
I have a question for you RedHawke.
If i kill Juhani on Dantooine, can i recruit your girl with Juhani? Can your girl replace the empty slot of Juhani?
Not with the stock dialog in the mod.

But you are in luck, I made a fix a while ago for someone though that allows you to replace Juhani even if you killed her, though the dialog will still look like she is there as it is a quick fix.

I'll attach it for download to the first post in this thread so people can download it.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 05-09-2006, 02:56 AM   #100
Quatra
Rookie

thanks a lot
Quatra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #101
knopik
Lurker

Hi there, sorry to bring this thread up again, but I have installed your mod, and I like the beggining, however when I put her in my party, and click on her, kotor gives me an error. And I have to tab out. Is there a fix to thie?
knopik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2006, 12:29 AM   #102
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
Make sure you have all the mods files installed, the error could be a missing dialog file or something, but I have never had it crash.

Do you have any other mods installed?

Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #103
knopik
Lurker

why yes I do, I have "Revan's items" mod, the one with modded robes, lightsaber and double lightsaber, Project Yavin4th, exar kun's ruins....and maybe some other mods....like jedi armor...hmm I'm still stumped though, I found out that redhawke doesn't even have a model.....it's just a name, and then it crasheds, I'll double check the files
EDIT: and what is the folder in the zip? "Use with RTWSF pack"?? am I supposed to extract the files from there to "override"?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:18 AM   #104
knopik
Lurker

oh god I fixed it....the mod is.......orgasmic lol, I love it, thanks and to all those peeps who say she's overpowered, sometimes it's nice to use all those force powers....think about that for a while eh...I love you redhawke )) thanks for a great mod
Old 07-05-2006, 01:57 AM   #105
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted... enjoy!

Old 07-08-2006, 03:36 AM   #106
Lit Ridl

I've just downloaded it and tried.
It is really awesome!!!
I think it is one of the best mods for KI!!!
It is really perfect mod!!!
We all thank You Red Hawke!!!
May you make more mods???
All of Your mods are perfect!!!
More Your mods -<=>- more good time!!!
Lit Ridl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #107
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
I downloaded it a while back and it's great. the only thing is that she has almost all of the force powers, even those allotted above her level, so i can't add any more powers without reaching the allotted levels for the ones she doesnt have. doesnt cause problems in game, though. and i have no complaints about that.
another thing is that she says only one thing over again everytime i talk to her. is there a variation in her dialogue once i find out that i'm revan?
overall, it's very cool. great work, RH!
maybe you can check out my lightsaber now?

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #108
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC 1162
I downloaded it a while back and it's great. the only thing is that she has almost all of the force powers, even those allotted above her level, so i can't add any more powers without reaching the allotted levels for the ones she doesnt have. doesnt cause problems in game, though. and i have no complaints about that.
Well, in all actuality the hard-coded level cap stopped me, as the 2 game systems don't really convert well, and to convert her to D20 from D6, well that would end up at like level 120 or some other rediculously high number. She has powers that the game likely couldn't handle.

So I had to compromise... but I did this one merely for fun, and to learn.

Quote:
another thing is that she says only one thing over again everytime i talk to her. is there a variation in her dialogue once i find out that i'm revan?
Remeber this tidbit, this was made before we had a dialog editor, all the dialog files I made with a GFF Editor. So they aren't as fancy as I would have liked, as the ones in this mod took me literally weeks to make, cutting and pasting nodes and making sure the links worked.

So I gave her some limited things to talk about, and yes she should have something to say after you find out about being Revan...

About a month or so after I made this mod Fred asked me to test out KT's Dialog Editor for him, I did all the dialogs in Jawa Shop Mod in one night with that, all of the the dialogs for ORD Mandell took only a few days. What a difference a specific tool makes. Just an FYI.

Quote:
overall, it's very cool. great work, RH!
Thanks.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #109
Raven Skywalker
Rookie

Where on Manaan IS she??
Raven Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #110
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Skywalker
Where on Manaan IS she??
You have to pay the one hundred credit fee. IIRC she is behind the first door/area after the fee station.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2007, 01:50 AM   #111
Raven Skywalker
Rookie

Then mine hasn't downloaded properly. I can get her items on KSE though, so it must be? Troubleshooting time.

IIRC?

Canderous Ordo: Lady, you couldn't even find your own ass, even with your friends' help!

Bastila Shan: On which planet were you born?
Revan: Kashyyyk. I'm a Wookiee, can't you tell?

Revan: Bastila, I love you and I know you love me.
Bastila Shan: Okay, you've made your point. Now shut up and kiss me, you fool.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #112
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Skywalker
Then mine hasn't downloaded properly. I can get her items on KSE though, so it must be? Troubleshooting time.

IIRC?
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

After you have paid the Selkath Official 100 credits (She won't appear otherwise). She will be on your right hand side after the little hallway opens up into the courtyard area on the West Central map.

Edit: You have to have the mod installed before you pay the one hundred credits otherwise her spawn script won't fire.

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Old 06-17-2007, 03:51 AM   #113
Raven Skywalker
Rookie

I installed all this before I started a new game, and I've paid the Selkath, and I'm near the end of Sunry's trial, and I STILL haven't found her. She's nowhere to be found.

Canderous Ordo: Lady, you couldn't even find your own ass, even with your friends' help!

Old 06-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #114
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Well unfortunately there isn't much I can tell you other than you have to be missing a vital mod file for her not to have shown up after you pay the 100 Credit entry fee.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #115
Raven Skywalker
Rookie

But I swear I installed it all... Oh well. I'll finish my current game, re-download the mod and start a new game. Does it matter if it's from here or from your site, Ms. RedHawke?

Or is it only downloadable from there anyway?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #116
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Skywalker
But I swear I installed it all... Oh well. I'll finish my current game, re-download the mod and start a new game. Does it matter if it's from here or from your site, Ms. RedHawke?

Or is it only downloadable from there anyway?
Actually it is Mr. RedHawke.

Go ahead and download the file again. It is available only from his site since PCGM is down.

It could just be a wierd clich. The last time I played KotOR. I used several of his mods (R RH included). However I could not get the Elder Rodian Merchant mod to work (He didn't show up) . I know I did everything right.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:22 AM   #117
Raven Skywalker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arátoeldar
Actually it is Mr. RedHawke.

Go ahead and download the file again. It is available only from his site since PCGM is down.

It could just be a wierd clich. The last time I played KotOR. I used several of his mods (R RH included). However I could not get the Elder Rodian Merchant mod to work (He didn't show up) . I know I did everything right.
Oh, ****. Sorry. I'll just go and dunk my own head in the toilet...

Thanks for the tip. The Jawa shop doesn't work either, but I'm not too worried about that one. I'm sick of fighting Gamorreans.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #118
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Skywalker
Oh, ****. Sorry. I'll just go and dunk my own head in the toilet...

Thanks for the tip. The Jawa shop doesn't work either, but I'm not too worried about that one. I'm sick of fighting Gamorreans.

It has to be mod conflict. For other reasons, I formated my HHD and reinstalled XP. I just ran the Elder Merchant Mod by itself. The mod ran fine. Now I have to figure out which mod it is conflicting with.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:08 AM   #119
Raven Skywalker
Rookie

Dammit, why do I always assume people are something instead of just asking...?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #120
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
Redhawke or Chain.2da

First off Sorry if i got one of the names wrong.

I'm having a little trouble.

Where do i recruit her?

Thanks

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones

Last edited by Wedge Suron; 08-22-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Recruitable RedHawke Released!