lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Easygen terrain and shader problems
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-31-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Patrick_H

Easygen terrain and shader problems

Hi all! Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I have made a good looking piece of terrain in Easygen, blending 3 textures around on it. I successfully exported everything according to rgoer's excellent tutorial and pasted the terrain into a MP map "caulked box" to see it in-game.

Here's where I am confused. The new terrain and all its alpha map blends, etc. look great when using "devmap" in SP mode, but in MP mode the console lists errors reading the shader definitions for the terrain, saying there is no lightmap, and so the terrain appears there with no textures- only the default grid.

On a side note, whenever I startup the JA MP application, the menus are all messed up, and a peek at the console reveals that some wrong shaders were read that control the appearance of the menus. I am wondering if these problems are related. It seems a reinstall of JA did no good, as it seems like maybe the Radiant install is screwing around with the shaders. What's up?
Patrick_H is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2004, 01:01 AM   #2
lauser

Hehehe..not at all Patrick, it was either your NEW shader that you just made or another custom MAP and/or MOD you recently downloaded. So NO, a REinstall would not fix the problem. Did you use Q3map2 to compile the map? If not, you should have. Have a look at the shader code again.

My kung fu is also very weak
lauser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
Patrick_H

OK, well I cleaned up a lot of extra junk in my /base directory- that seemed to fix the MP menu fiasco. But I still couldn't get my alpha blended terrain to show up. So I finally made a new .pk3 and put everything back in it, and so it finally works now. I guess I should always keep stuff in an uncluttered .pk3 while I work. I think the game was reading some other shader (damned if I'll ever know which). Thanks anyway!
Patrick_H is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
WadeV1589
Veteran

Before you made the pk3, you did remember to do sv_pure 0 in MP so it read files that weren't in PK3's right?

StargateMods.com - collaborating all the Stargate mods out there.

SG4RealJA - get a bit of SG realism!
SGEgyptJA - flying and dialing a gate only to be killed by it!
WadeV1589 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > Easygen terrain and shader problems