lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-17-2004, 05:28 PM   #321
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

It's spelled Wookiee, not Wookie, and I would also like to see the Wookiee Smuggler replaced with someone more true to the movies. The only Wookiee seen in the movies is Chewie, and there is nothing to lead us to believe Wookiees were ever teamed with the Rebels in the movies.

"Would someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" ~ Princess Leia

Yeah, the Alliance must not be that big on Wookiees.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #322
cushy
Rookie

now that the game is out I dont have a problem with dark troopers
cushy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2004, 07:14 PM   #323
Jet Black
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by TK-8252
It's spelled Wookiee, not Wookie, and I would also like to see the Wookiee Smuggler replaced with someone more true to the movies. The only Wookiee seen in the movies is Chewie, and there is nothing to lead us to believe Wookiees were ever teamed with the Rebels in the movies.

Somewhat off-topic (sorry) but didn't think it warranted a seperate thread: What is the advantage of the Wookiee? Can they take more damage than the average trooper? I haven't had much success as this class, so I pretty much stay away.

Last edited by Jet Black; 10-17-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Jet Black is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2004, 07:17 PM   #324
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

It's spelled Wookiee!

The Wookiee Smuggler has more health than other units, which is probably his biggest advantage. The grenade launcher is good for scattering enemy troops, and the bowcaster when charged up can be great in close-range. The only real use for the time bombs is for destroying the Endor Shield Bunker, but that's really it.

The Wookiee Smuggler isn't for everyone. I don't really use him, but it can be decent in certain situations.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:32 PM   #325
Jet Black
Rookie

Quote:
It's spelled Wookiee!

The Wookiee Smuggler has more health than other units, which is probably his biggest advantage. The grenade launcher is good for scattering enemy troops, and the bowcaster when charged up can be great in close-range. The only real use for the time bombs is for destroying the Endor Shield Bunker, but that's really it.

The Wookiee Smuggler isn't for everyone. I don't really use him, but it can be decent in certain situations.
Sorry, I swear I put that other "e" in there, but my fingers must have decided they were too lazy. I edited the post to read Wookiee

Well, I'll definitely give the Wookiee a couple more tries - the useless manual didn't tell me I could charge the bowcaster.

It would be nice if the time bombs could have a timer mode or a trigger mode (where you could lay it like C4 and remotely detinate).

Thanks!
Jet Black is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2004, 08:53 PM   #326
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:

Ah but that's where you're wrong! We see Wookies in Episode I (they have their own Senate seat).

As far as insults go, remember Leia called Han (a human) a "stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerfherder" and "laser brain."

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2004, 06:38 AM   #327
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I still think that they should replace the (Crappy,Slow Moving) Wookiee, and put back the Bothan Spy.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2004, 12:16 PM   #328
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Talking about the Trilogy here, Kurg.

And you're just never going to spell Wookiee right are you?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:42 PM   #329
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Wink are we just both nitpickers about different things??

Oh you're talking about the classic trilogy, okay fine. But when you say "the movies" that includes the Prequels, which are canon. Ha!

As to the wookie spelling, see my sig. ; )

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 PM   #330
Decapitated
Lurker

I don't see anything bad with the Darktroopers. I mean, they can just jump high, and then you have to wait like half a minute to jump high again. They're slower too.

If anything, they're harder to control; you won't see any newbies using them.
Decapitated is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else