lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Very good things! *keep it clean* (big images)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #6241
Anthony
Thats it.

Current Game: Life
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
OH whaaaat?! I thought you were kidding...that...is both insane and awesome.
Love how the guy is using a salvaged refrigerator compressor. Those things are amazing, and you could even run it in reverse as a vacuum pump.

Hmm. Not bad. Not bad.

I don't know if Comair Rotron brand is any quieter, but they do make all kinds of heavy duty fans for removing massive amounts of heat. Look them up, I'm sure you might find something good. I have one of their DC fans I'm using for an electronic project, and I think it is rated at 235 CFM. Not really quiet, but it certainly cools!

Wait--4.2 gigs?! Hot Damn. Forgive my rant but, for your consideration to shopping around for that project:

For a heatsink compound: Arctic Silver, or Antec 5. THE BEST 2 brands out there I have ever seen. (Usually at Fry's electronics.) $20-30 for a single tube and these are 99.9% silver compound.

Next, there's all sorts of approaches to liquid cooling. Maybe consider buying a 'transmission oil cooler', or similar mini-radiator that J.C. Whitney sells in various sizes for fairly good prices. Try eBay auto stores as well, namely look for the Dana-Long brand.

For fans, heat sinks, enclosures, and accessories you might check out places that sell to pro's (and hobbyists) at factory wholesale prices:
http://www.alliedelec.com
www.Mouser.com (They send you a big thick catalog for FREE if you buy from them more than once within a month.)
www.digikey.com
www.newark.com

Also these electronic surplus stores sell this kind of stuff. Check back from time to time as their stock always changes and you could end up with a steal of a deal.
www.surplussales.com
www.goldmine-elec.com
www.electronicsurplus.com/
www.suburban-electronics.com/

Best of luck and happy hunting.
Ahh I think I worded that poorly, I'm planning on getting up to 4.2ghz minimum, not being 4.2ghz faster than stock speed Since that would require... well... monumental cooling

Anyway, turns out the noctua thermal compound actually beats artic silver 5. I still have a tube of AS if it works better though

btw, thanks for those links

Anthony is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #6242
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Ahh I think I worded that poorly, I'm planning on getting up to 4.2ghz minimum, not being 4.2ghz faster than stock speed Since that would require... well... monumental cooling
Ah, gotcha. Lol, yeah that certainly would.

Quote:
Anyway, turns out the noctua thermal compound actually beats artic silver 5. I still have a tube of AS if it works better though

btw, thanks for those links
Oh cool, I'll try it out. Thanks. Glad to help wherever possible.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #6243
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 

In other news, I'm still cleaning my room and packing s***, 12 hours with a few hours for breaks in it all

EDIT: 14 hours, with about 3 hours worth of break time in all, with my big green garbage bag count reaching 5 bags stuffed as full as could be. Not too bad. My room is mostly done, got the last half of my closet and my drawers to go and that's basically it. I personally will be fully packed and ready by tomorrow night. The rest of the house however is a different matter entirely, but unfortunately that's basically 95% not my s***, so I'm not a whole lot of help when it comes to that. Basically, I'm hoping the only things that will be in my room by Saturday will be my monitor, my 360 and some necessary paraphernalia (MW2 and ME2, controller, charge cable, headset) and a suitcase full of clothes.

Last edited by BongoBob; 03-26-2010 at 07:13 AM.
BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2010, 02:55 AM   #6244
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBob View Post
I'm hoping the only things that will be in my room by Saturday will be my monitor, my 360 and some necessary paraphernalia (MW2 and ME2, controller, charge cable, headset) and a suitcase full of clothes.

Your priorities make me grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
MrWally eats fresh babies in order to maintain his unnatural level of talent.
MrWally is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #6245
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Pre-ordered. Can't wait!

Got this real cheap, and have been meaning to play it for months.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #6246
TiE23
Get bent!

Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
Went out to my bro's university apartment in the middle of Washington. Went shooting out in the middle of nowhere. I found some RAM and a motherboard!

Used, but... recognizable.

What's funny is that I found random parts of the decimated computer which all matched the crappy zombie-Compaq I use myself. Same DVD drive cover, same memory card reader, probably the same motherboard. Man, my computer is getting old. : \

Also, my bro's gun so far.

(If you can't figure it out, it'll look a lot like this, but olive drab instead of black. [Link])

Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Last book: Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Dec 2013

Last edited by TiE23; 03-28-2010 at 01:10 PM.
TiE23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 AM   #6247
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
Finally got this on Friday.

Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #6248
Samuel Dravis

I am in something of a trip-hop phase lately. Curse slacker radio.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #6249
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

^^^ I hear Borderlands is a crazy good game. Fun as all get out. A blast to play.

Actually a few here have gotten it. Curious, anyone here care to elaborate their experiences (good/bad/indifferent)?

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #6250
jon_hill987

Current Game: BRINK
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Actually a few here have gotten [Borderlands]. Curious, anyone here care to elaborate their experiences (good/bad/indifferent)?
I got it in the Steam sale but as my computer is boxed up while I move house (and even when I do move I won't have internet for a week or so) I have not played it yet. Looking forward to giving it a go though.

jon_hill987 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #6251
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis View Post
Dude, you just earned +1 cool.

On Monday, we went bowling, then Game store, then we saw How to Train Your Dragon 3D, which is really, really, really good. Go see it.

From Game I got an amazing deal. Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Metallica and 2 guitars for £60. I used £50 of vouchers (my husband got for free from work), and so paid £10 for the lot. I've already put Metallica on Ebay, so by the time it sells I will be in profit. With the proceeds I'll be getting either Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band 2, haven't decided yet. I also got Ghostbusters on sale.

make life bearable.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #6252
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
With the proceeds I'll be getting either Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band 2, haven't decided yet.
*smack*

There is no decision to be made here.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #6253
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I have World Tour and both Rock Bands if you ever want to jam out. I only have a guitar controller, though.

(Though, with the Atlantic Ocean between us, the time difference might be difficult to get around...)

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #6254
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
*smack*

^this

Quote:
How to Train Your Dragon 3D
^also this

I actually went to see the 2D version, so now I'm planning on seeing the 3D version to compare - something I haven't done with a movie yet.
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #6255
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
How to Train Your Dragon was absolutely brilliant.

I recommend it to EVERYONE. It was the movie I always wanted as a child. Coincidientally, I get the feeling that teenage girls will like it just as much, if not more, than the adolescent boy in all of us that it tries to appeal to. The entire movie is one big "D'AWWWWWWWW" moment.

Oh, and I saw it in 2D on recommendation, but the guy who told me this generally hates 3D no matter what. Has anyone seen both to comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
MrWally eats fresh babies in order to maintain his unnatural level of talent.
MrWally is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #6256
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
*smack*

^that

Seriously...

Edit:

Aunt left to fly back to London. Left me with this parting gift, two Star Wars pillow cases. I'll use one and probably give the other to my brother. :V

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------

Last edited by TiE23; 04-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #6257
leXX
Forum Mum

Okay, okay lol, I think I got the message. I'll be getting Rock Band 2.

Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made. I was so disappointed when it ended, I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray instantly. Prof. Brian Cox is my new favourite presenter (even though I already knew him from his appearances on The Sky at Night). He is so enthusiastic about his subject matter, and the passion shines through, he is awesome. I strongly recommend everyone watch it if they get the chance.

make life bearable.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #6258
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

HOLY F***ING F*** MONSTERS WE JUST FOUND OUR PRICELESS SHIH-TZU THAT HAS BEEN GONE FOR TWO WEEKS!!!

EDIT: Alright, here's the whole story.

Two weeks ago, on the 27th, my uncle brought his truck and car trailer over to help us move all the furniture. Before he got here, I left to take my mom lunch at the Petsmart she works at, and I talked with her during her lunch over what our plan was for the next week as we moved everything. When I got back they already had half the stuff on the trailer and my dads truck partially full, so I immediately jumped in to help. About an hour later, I saw our cat Izzy dart out from under some chairs when I went to move them, and immediately went "Howd Izzy get out?" She got out because my dad never locked her or our dog Braeden in the bathroom while we had the door and gate open. So at this point he had been gone for like 2+ hours. We canvased the neighborhoods and all surrounding neighborhoods for the next 2 hours, before I had to go pick my mom up from work. It was the worst 15 minute drive of my life, because while he was near and dear to all of us, he was specifically her baby. The next day I made a flyer and went and got it copied and started hanging them all around the neighborhoods, but it was extremely hard to actively search for him when we were (at the time) supposed to be out of that place in the next 3 days. I had given up all hope, but my mom hadn't. She has cried at least once every day since.

We just got the keys to our new place yesterday, and slept there last night. Today after I picked my mom up from work and got home, we all went to Lowes to get ant killer for a gigantic anthill in the new backyard and airfilters. My mom and dad took forever picking a bug killer (which I very loudly and constantly pointed out). On the way back, we turned onto our old places street, I noticed the crackho lookin lady on the sidewalk that was talking to a guy on a bike with 2 teeth had a dog in her purse, and it was really dark but it looked the right size, so I mouthed out "Turn around..." My parents went "Why?" To which I loudly and quickly responded "THAT LADY HAD A BRAEDEN SIZED DOG IN HER PURSE TURN THE **** AROUND!" My dad flipped a uturn faster than I've ever seen him, and we drove up and immediately recognized him as Braeden. He didn't have his collar on, turns out she found him 2 days ago on the street north of our old place sans collar. From what we can tell, someone did pick him up that first day and took his collar off intending to keep him as their own (as we had thought), but then got out. We immediately gave her all the cash we had and promised her that the next time we breed him with my aunts shih-tzu we'd bring her back a puppy of her own.

I'm still f***ing shaking, this is a god damn Disney f***ing miracle.

Last edited by BongoBob; 04-11-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #6259
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
HOLY F***ING F*** MONSTERS WE JUST FOUND OUR PRICELESS SHIH-TZU THAT HAS BEEN GONE FOR TWO WEEKS!!!
wow, (s)he just rolled in, back from Vegas, all hungover and broke? or what

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 AM   #6260
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
Damn crackho's, selling everything they've got... including your dog.

Congrats dude. Yo dog is back! : D

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Old 04-12-2010, 04:29 AM   #6261
jon_hill987

Current Game: BRINK
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made. I was so disappointed when it ended, I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray instantly. Prof. Brian Cox is my new favourite presenter (even though I already knew him from his appearances on The Sky at Night). He is so enthusiastic about his subject matter, and the passion shines through, he is awesome. I strongly recommend everyone watch it if they get the chance.
It was a brilliant series wasn't it. He also presented a few episodes of Horizon that are well worth trying to find a way to watch if you missed them.

jon_hill987 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #6262
IG-64

Quote:
Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made.
It's hard to beat the raw awesomeness that was Planet Earth.
I just watched the first episode of Wonders of the Solar System online and it is pretty great though. I'm really interested in the 3D visualizations of things they did. I wanted to get the Blu-ray of it (I have Planet Earth, the British version) but BBC shop doesn't ship to America.
Only the BBCA store does, which doesn't have it.

At least the narrator actually appears on screen in this one, so they can't dub it over with Tom Cruise or something when they bring it here. ¬_¬
Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #6263
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
-Land O Lakes Chocolate milk
-Rainbow Sherbert Ice Cream
-Lansky's Pizza
-Schlotskys Original Sandwiches
-Dark Chocolate
-Chocolate Ice Cream
-Skittles
-Three Musketeers Candy
-Frosted Mini-Wheats Cereal

In general, delicious foods are very good things.

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #6264
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64 View Post
It's hard to beat the raw awesomeness that was Planet Earth.
I just watched the first episode of Wonders of the Solar System online and it is pretty great though. I'm really interested in the 3D visualizations of things they did. I wanted to get the Blu-ray of it (I have Planet Earth, the British version) but BBC shop doesn't ship to America.
Only the BBCA store does, which doesn't have it.

At least the narrator actually appears on screen in this one, so they can't dub it over with Tom Cruise or something when they bring it here. ¬_¬
Yeah, I heard they dub over Attenborough's voice in most of the BBC documentary's over there, which I find absolutely outrageous. I mean seriously, why? He is the best narrator there has ever been, and noone does a better job than him.

I have Planet Earth on Blu-Ray too btw, and while it IS absolutely amazing, for me Wonders of the Solar System beats it purely because of my love of astronomy, and so far this series has done the best job of presenting it in all it's magnificent glory.

Edit: If you really can't get the Blu-Ray anywhere, I'll be happy to send it to you. I'm sure we can sort something out with Paypal.

make life bearable.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #6265
IG-64

Yes, they used Sigourney Weaver for Planet Earth and Oprah Winfrey for Life, and neither of them did nearly as good a job. I know I don't need an Americanized version of something for it to be fit for viewing... it's actually kind of embarrassing.

But anyway, if anyone wants Wonders, I believe you can get it here as it seems Amazon.co.uk ships movies to just about anywhere. I believe I will be devoting some of my steadily-dwindling funds towards it [Edit: order placed ]. Thanks for the offer though, leXX.

Also, "Universal" should be fantastic.

Last edited by IG-64; 04-12-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #6266
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Just got done sealing and lacquering some framing...finally my parents' home improvement is coming to a close...it started in '03 and ran out of money. It only took 7 years and a whole lot of DIY on the side.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #6267
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Yes, they used Sigourney Weaver for Planet Earth and Oprah Winfrey for Life, and neither of them did nearly as good a job. I know I don't need an Americanized version of something for it to be fit for viewing... it's actually kind of embarrassing.

But anyway, if anyone wants Wonders, I believe you can get it here as it seems Amazon.co.uk ships movies to just about anywhere. I believe I will be devoting some of my steadily-dwindling funds towards it [Edit: order placed ]. Thanks for the offer though, leXX
Aren't they region coded for Europe though?

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2010, 12:50 AM   #6268
IG-64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxStar View Post
Aren't they region coded for Europe though?
Uhh... didn't think about that. I guess I'll find out.

edit: Play.com says it's region B. Think I should cancel? This is such BS. X|

edit edit: "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed." Fantastic.

Last edited by IG-64; 04-13-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:26 AM   #6269
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
My 360 red-ringed about a week ago. The towel trick worked, but on Friday it died again. I did a strange 3 or 4 minute long towel trick and got it working again, but I knew the time was up. So, I had two options:

Pay $99, get a box, pay for shipping, and wait 3-4 weeks to get my 360 back.
-or-
Pay $199, get a new HDMI equipped Arcade 360 with a Jasper chipset and fans that don't sound as much like a leaf blower, and get a new $50 wireless controller with it. Also, it'll only take an hour to get.

So yeah, I got a new 360 Arcade. The white disc tray looks cool, you know, as a change of the ordinary. Only problem I have now is that the thing has internal memory built-in. Which now always shows that I have more than one storage device... and while I've only played one game so far, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be asked to select my storage device... all the time. A real stupid thing that seems like it can be avoided.

Oh, and I tore apart my 360 and ended up running it without it's case (it's not dead ATM, actually). Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #6270
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Uhh... didn't think about that. I guess I'll find out.

edit: Play.com says it's region B. Think I should cancel? This is such BS. X|

edit edit: "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed." Fantastic.
Isn't there a way to region unlock your PS3? (I'm presuming that's what you're playing them on)

make life bearable.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #6271
IG-64

Quote:
Isn't there a way to region unlock your PS3? (I'm presuming that's what you're playing them on)
Apparently there's no sure-fire way of doing that yet, so I'll probably just keep it in the plastic and send it back for a refund, then download the rest of them until they're released here. They make it so hard to give them money.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #6272
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Apparently there's no sure-fire way of doing that yet, so I'll probably just keep it in the plastic and send it back for a refund, then download the rest of them until they're released here. They make it so hard to give them money.
So true. I guess patience is the key then. It will be released over there eventually, and like you say, at least they can't ruin it with over dubbing this time. It is definately worth the wait.

make life bearable.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #6273
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
Exclamation

YouTube is no longer safe...

Darth Groovy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #6274
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Have one of these coming in the mail very soon ...

... and if you are a rock music fan I definitely recommend this:
... especially since it is $5 for a limited time ...

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #6275
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I feel like I have to listen to that album simply because the album cover is ****ing awesome

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #6276
Dath Maximus
Muad'dib

10 year veteran! LF Jester Forum Veteran 
I GOT A TRIBBLE BITCHES!!!

BongoBob: Dath you are the true face of the internet.
Roxstar: Dath is 1/2 Chris Farley 1/2 Lord Voldemort.
Kain: Dath>new guy
TiE23: Dath, lord of accidentally burning the unburnable.
The Seeker: Dath Maximus makes happiness his Bitch.
BongoBob: Dath never keeps his promises. EXCEPT TO KILL!
Dath Maximus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #6277
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE23 View Post
My 360 red-ringed about a week ago. The towel trick worked, but on Friday it died again. I did a strange 3 or 4 minute long towel trick and got it working again, but I knew the time was up. So, I had two options:

-or-
Pay $199, get a new HDMI equipped Arcade 360 with a Jasper chipset and fans that don't sound as much like a leaf blower, and get a new $50 wireless controller with it. Also, it'll only take an hour to get.

So yeah, I got a new 360 Arcade. The white disc tray looks cool, you know, as a change of the ordinary. Only problem I have now is that the thing has internal memory built-in. Which now always shows that I have more than one storage device... and while I've only played one game so far, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be asked to select my storage device... all the time. A real stupid thing that seems like it can be avoided.

Oh, and I tore apart my 360 and ended up running it without it's case (it's not dead ATM, actually). Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.

Which generation (dead unit) do you have? I think mine is either the first or second. Sorta doing the same right now with my dead 360. Same deal--not completely dead.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #6278
Anthony
Thats it.

Current Game: Life
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.
Arr, this be the reason everybody who owns a console/computer/anything with a fan/heatsink buy a can of compressed air or find some way to dust those ****ers every month.

Anthony is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 AM   #6279
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
M

-or-
Being a seasoned red ringer I can tell you that if you print your own label, shipping is free. It also only took 10 days to my second 360 back. The HDMI unit is nice, wireless controllers usually only end up running me about 40 USD. But if you really wanted to use it now, I can see how a few weeks could be worth 100 dollars, easily.

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #6280
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxStar View Post
Being a seasoned red ringer I can tell you that if you print your own label, shipping is free. It also only took 10 days to my second 360 back. The HDMI unit is nice, wireless controllers usually only end up running me about 40 USD. But if you really wanted to use it now, I can see how a few weeks could be worth 100 dollars, easily.
Well, now I don't have a 360 that sounds like a belt sander when it's running. So that's good. I've got a fresh new controller. And I made a contract with my sister for her to help me pay for some of it (she plays it a few days a week). :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Arr, this be the reason everybody who owns a console/computer/anything with a fan/heatsink buy a can of compressed air or find some way to dust those ****ers every month.
I've gone through the back vents a couple of times with some compressed air, but the area that was effected was essentially unreachable, as far as I could tell.

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Very good things! *keep it clean* (big images)

Tags
consumerism, dath, debt, drugs, fruit salad, greed, homoerotic fantasies, hookers, materialism, opulent splendor, rich caucasians, small rodent death, tie23