lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: My model.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2004, 05:32 PM   #1
Mana Dragon
Rookie

My model.

I have made a model and I can export him as a .xsi

He goes through assimilate with no problems.

He goes into ModView and looks great, EXCEPT, around frame 10,000 (these are the frames where he has already swung his saber, and is adjusting) his shoulders look very bad, as if they are inside-out.

I've been told to use the Reset XForm modifier to fix this, but nothing seems to work, and I'm running out of time for my 3DS Max trial. Does anyone want to fix the shoulders for me? I can send you my .max file if anyone wants this small job.

All I need, is someone to fix the shoulders. He looks like a guy with Luke's head on a body, but that's not what he's going to be! I'll paint him myself, so you don't need to worry about that. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Mana Dragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2004, 08:50 PM   #2
Stake Black
Rookie

Good luck.... Trust me, you´re gonna need it
Stake Black is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2004, 09:01 PM   #3
Mana Dragon
Rookie

I really want to finish the model on my own, but I have 2 days left, and I'm really confused and frustrated with the shoulders. If no one wants to finish the model, at least leave me with some ideas on how I might be able to fix it.

The best way to describe it, is that when he's about to swing his saber, (in strong style) his shoulders go inside-out. The textures look inverted.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
Stake Black
Rookie

Yeah, i know exactly how you feel... Let us hope that you get help!
Stake Black is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2004, 09:19 PM   #5
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
So that's your problem!!!??? have you looked at other player models at this frame?

That glitch happens with every player models: the bone seems to rotate on itself and that's caused by the animations, not the weighting!. It cant be fixed...if other frames are alright then dont worry about it.

You know a screenshot would've helped a lot when you asked for advice

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2004, 01:46 AM   #6
Mana Dragon
Rookie

For one, it's a lil hard to get a 3D view of my model onto a board.

For two, I pulled Kyle's glm and put 'im on ModView, his shoulders look normal. Mine look like . . . what I've been saying heh. Not just Kyle, I pulled a few other glms, there arms twist awkwardly, for that swing, but it still remains whole, unlike mine.

Trust me dude, it's almost impossible not to notice.

I'll show you what I mean, lemme see if I can upload a SS.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Editing/Modding Requests > My model.