lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #361
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Admiral, Dragon scales. Had you partaken in the Mrear RPGs you would have seen Drago use this shield to block magical fire from a god. Also the Kinetic energy blast is like being hit with a club the size of a house, so it should have had at least knocked the Drake a bit.))

*The two House Gaurds with the woman are unharmed, the other two lie dead, prostrate over the cargo sled, shielding the contents.*

*The gaurds where thick tunics and furlined cloaks, under their uniforms they wear microfibre body suits, as they stand they rap thermal scarves around their heads. The Woman does not seem to be effected by the cold.*

*The warrior lands lightly on one knee and stands, he walks over to the remains of the sled and drags out a box roughly 3 1/4 feet square and a foot deep. The box had been shielded by the rest of the sled and was only scorched.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 01:15 PM   #362
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
((BD, while you are probably right about the first part, I'm not so sure getting hit by a house would faze any of the drakes. Although Admiral can certainly say better than I.

Will post in a bit...or I might just wait for Admiral to move things along ))

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 01:40 PM   #363
superthrawn

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by Redwing
((BD, while you are probably right about the first part, I'm not so sure getting hit by a house would faze any of the drakes. Although Admiral can certainly say better than I.
(OOS: That is honestly the first time I've ever seen anyone use the words "Hit by a house" in a serious sentence. Sorry for the spam, but I thought that was funny.)

"Space is big... really big. I mean, you wouldn't believe how vastly, hugely, incomprehensibly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
superthrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #364
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Drakes are not Dragons BD, and the fire they breath has the Futhark in it so shield would still be damaged. And Getting hit by a house doesn't phase them. Keep in mind 5 destroyed the entire Aesirian Defensive fleet. They were hit by items far more powerful))

*The Lead Drake turns to Ragnar and speaks in the forgien tongue. Ragnar answers in the same tongue. THe Drakes extend their wings and lift themselves into the air and fly North.

Ragnar and the other two Beserks approach the woman and her escrots*

Ragnar: You are trespassing on these lands, as such I have every right to kill you where you stand. Now Identify yourselves.

((There is going to be a slight time descrepancy between this scene and the group. Once this scene is over the time descrepancy will be over. Reason: I want to keep the main story going and well people saying, My character marches is boring so...))

*The group march through the blizzard with white outs common. After a number of hours the blizzard finally let up and snow began to fall gently again revealing Castle Ida sitting upon a cliff. Details couldn't really be made out yet. They continued on pausing only breifly for lunch. By night fall the castle loomed over them.*

Heimdall: Raschel, Orthos you have the first watch. Wake me in two hours. We assualt the castle six hours from now.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 07:32 PM   #365
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: So we get 4hours of sleep?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #366
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Svafa *laying down, not bothering to dig a hole this time* Six if you go to sleep right now.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #367
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt *also lying down*: I feel lucky you guys don't trust me with a watch

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:33 PM   #368
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Aidan: Maybe I should take watch...I actually slept last night. *He looks pointedly at Raschel, who is about to collapse from exhaustion*

Old 10-08-2004, 03:56 AM   #369
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Admiral, fare enough but I still gets points for making a good argument, don't I?))

*Drago looks forlornly at the deep pits in the face his shield. (Its all you're getting, Admial ) he then turns to beserks and removes his helmet.*

Drago: I am Tarnac Dralson, the Dragon.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-08-2004, 06:44 AM   #370
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((OOS: Sorry BD, I argued your case for you much better on AIM. No points. ))

Old 10-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #371
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Ragnar: Who are your companions and what are you doing on our land?
----------------------------------------

Heimdall: If you want to take her watch that is fine.

*Heimdall lays down like Svafa and the other Aesir he and closes his eyes.*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #372
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
*Orthos sits down by Raschel*

Orthos: Who'd have thought, huh? Squadmates in the Wraiths, then fighting for the survival of the universe.

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #373
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Raschel: *to Aidan* Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take my own responsibilities. Besides, I can practically feel my 'second wind' coming already...

Besides, it's not as if I have anything to offer in a fight, do I? It won't matter how tired I am...my brain and my piloting reflexes are useless here, in this world, in this world where a Jedi can die without having a chance to draw her lightsaber.

Aidan: Alright. Just offering.

*Opting to dig another hole, unlike the others, he wanders off a short distance to start. Raschel sits, and Orthos sits next to her*

Raschel: Who would have predicted any of this? What we did in the Wraiths...everything we accomplished in our old lives...it all seems pointless now. All our life works, wiped away in one fell swoop.

*She looks at Orthos*

Raschel: What if we hadn't won the Galactic Civil War? What if we had failed to build the New Republic? What if we had both died as Wraiths, killed by Vader, your father, or the Emperor? Would any of this be any different? Would the only change be that someone else would be sitting here in this bloody snow, watching shadows in the dark?

Old 10-08-2004, 02:44 PM   #374
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Well the shield is useless now anyway. ))

Drago: These two are Legionary Gaurdsmen. *Gestures to the two soldiers, accepting a standard shield from one, as well as two halves of a longbow and a retracted vibrolance.* As to our being here, I simply follow orders, My Lady has the purpose.

*The lady drops her hood, she has clear, floorless skin, delicate features and large green eyes flecked with green and gold. Her hair falls to her waist and is worked in an elaborate braid, it is light brown, streaked with dark blond and golden threads have been woven into it. She is young, no older than 25 and quite simply one of the most beutiful women in existence.*

Lady: I am Lady Allessa Relinion and my betrothed is on this planet.

------------------------------------------------------------

*Hal sits on the snow and enters a regenerative trance.

((BAMM! BD wins the prize for the least expected plot twist. ))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #375
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Clear, floorless skin? That's really...something...

By the way, why exactly are all your female characters paragons of incomparable beauty? Just wondering...))
Old 10-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #376
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((I dunno, but since when is having skin with no floors unimaginable beauty also?

OK, time for everyone to make fun of BD before he edits his post.))

Old 10-08-2004, 03:30 PM   #377
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
*Sir-Vin sat down when most of the group had, immedately it looked as if he was sleeping sitting up...*

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 03:35 PM   #378
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Ragnar: That Allessa is a poor reason to wantonly tresspass on these lands. At the very least you should have tried to contract the Lord of this world and ask permision to enter it.

*Ragnar says a word in the tongue he spoke to the Drake with. Ten Beserks stand, from their cover. These beserkes wore white armor and carried rifles of a strange design. They turn as one and march towards the transport.

Ragnar looks at Allessa, and her companions one last time*

You should have headed the automatic warning. It is very likely you will perish on this world.

*Ragnar and the two Beserks that flanked him turn and head back to the transport where the other Berserks were already getting in. The fire had fully consumed the tree by now and died out, a cold wind brings in dark clouds foreshadowing a violent storm was on its way.*
-----------------------------------------------------

((Keeping the action going))

*A half an hour before Raschel and Orthos's watch was over the moon was full giving off plenty of light. A drake swoops in on the group coming at them in a tight spiral. The swishing of the Drakes wings wakes Heimdall immediatly. He stands and looks at the drake and does nothing else.*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #379
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt, sleeping light since Misea's death, wakes up immediately. He sees that Heimdall does nothing so he follows suit.

Old 10-09-2004, 01:30 PM   #380
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Red, the floorless skin thing is just part of the description, I don't want you thinking she has a mole or anything. As to being beautiful, I could have come up with an amazingly poetic Homeric similie in heroic heximeter, but I can't be bothered so just take it that she's a stunner, so gorgeous that any attempt to descibe her beauty makes you sound a blathering idiot.

As to why they're all so beautiful. There is a genuine reason that I'm working up to, for the moment all I'll say is that Lelan was a vampire (and only gorgeous in an everyday way) and all the others are Agamarian nobility. Plus bear in mind that technically I've only introduced three seperate females, as two of them are identical twins. Beyond that, why imagine ugly women.))

*Hal senses the arrival of the Drake through the force, he rises silently, his dark cloak rapped around him.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Drago: Is Lord Vidar so pressed that he will not accept suplicants. We would have comunicated, had there been time, there was not. I know Halren Flax is here, he is looking for death and he will find it at your battle in less than nine days.

((OSS: That should get their attention. *crosses everything.*))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #381
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((BD: they are joking that the proper term would be flawless (you know lacking flaws like a mole) not floorless (as in lacking a floor)

I'm also assuming that Drao knows the timing of the battle from the force.))

*Ragnar continues to walk*

Raganar: If death is what Harlen Falx seeks then that is what he will find on this world. I have many duties to attend to Drago, and since you didn't even attempt a communication, helping you is not among them. Although if you do really want transport to my lord I can arrange something.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #382
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((Whoa! Red, a couple of pages ago you said I'd be confused... you were right! I read all of this and I'm still confused!))

Tanara followed the others without speaking. She had been awake when they had burned Misae's body, but she allowed them to think she had still been asleep. This incident had robbed her of her only remaining connection to the living beings of the galaxy.

"I have nothing," she muttered, knowing that few of the company, if any had heard her. "There is nothing left in this galaxy for me."

She sighed deeply and fell silent again.

((A side note, I will be unable to post very frequently any longer. I'll do as much as I can, but please don't expect it to be much.))

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2004, 08:25 PM   #383
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((WJ, that's the cantina series, miss it for more than 2 days and it'll be 3 pages extra and make no sense. Maybe we should make small comprehensible summaries after each thread. Do you have any idea more or less how frequently you'll be able to post, IE: once a month, once a week, once a year, etc.?))
*Matt suddenly thought of Tanara, who seemed to be a heavy sleeper and quickly looked at Heimdall, trying to communicate through both the force and his expression if he should wake up the rest and warn them.*

Old 10-09-2004, 09:57 PM   #384
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((wildjedi: Awww. Understood, hoping your situation changes

BD: First, what Admiral said.

Quote:
so gorgeous that any attempt to descibe her beauty makes you sound a blathering idiot.
What real woman is like this? Especially inbred nobility!

Quote:
Beyond that, why imagine ugly women.
I dunno, but why not imagine women that are just a shade off of perfect, you know, like human beings? Beyond that, why aren't your male characters of dazzling beauty ...er... handsomeness... as well?

*is teasing, by the way* ))

Plains

*Raschel looks up at the drake, too stunned to move*

Is that...one of those things from Coruscant...

Raschel: H...h...heimdall...

Old 10-10-2004, 05:36 AM   #385
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos had nodded off, but the arrival of the drake wakes him*

Orthos: Oh no...

*Slowly begins reaching for Starkiller*

Orthos: Raschel, when I count to three, run back to camp and get Heimdall. I'll try to distract it...one...two...three...go!

Old 10-10-2004, 06:29 AM   #386
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((question was that all that drake did was pass by?))

*Sir-vin raises his head and uncovers his hood, and like hiemdall, wiats.*

Old 10-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #387
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Dyslexic, cannot spell. You can all take a running jump, look at all Scar's posts.))

Drago: At this point, that is all we ask for.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #388
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((Ah ha!! there see!! that says it all!! ))

Old 10-10-2004, 01:14 PM   #389
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((let's not clog the RPG with these OCC, when there is a discussion thread that they can go in.))

*Ragnar stops and turns around*

Ragnar: You never asked that Drago. Now this is how it will work. First, off you all will ride on top of the transport. IF you want that bring that crate you have to carry it and put it on top as well.

If you do bring that crate It will be dropped off where we will go through it's contents. Anything found unacceptable will be disposed of. After inspection you will be allowed to retrieve it.

If and when you meet with my lord you will do so completly unarmed. Failure in this regards will result in her and your men's immeidate execution. Your weapons will be given over to a guard and will be returned somepont after the meeting.

Finally, you have one minute to get on the transport. Anyone not on gets left behind.
------------------------------------------------------------------

*The Drake continues to descend upon the camp*

Heimdall to Matt, and Sir Vin: Go back to sleep.

*Heimdall walks over to Raschel and Orthos*

Heimdall: Pointless to draw your blade, if he wanted us dead there is little any of us could do. Consider yourselves relieved of your watch, try and get some sleep.

*The Drake lands in front of Heimdall, Orthos and Raschel. It folds it's wings along side it's large body and then speaks to Heimdall in an alien tongue (to the group that is).

Heimdall answers in the same language*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #390
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Sorry ))

Raschel: W...what is going on?

Old 10-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #391
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: He is a friend, now try and get some sleep you only have four hours left.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-11-2004, 03:25 AM   #392
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt*muttering*: You might've warned us. With the adrenaline I'll never get back to sleep.
*falls asleep in less than a minute.*

Old 10-11-2004, 09:17 AM   #393
Deac
Now in 4-D!

[Admiral, Orthos knew what those things could do, he was trying to buy time]

Orthos: That's a relief. Thanks, Heimdall. Goodnight.

*Goes to his dug-out*

Old 10-11-2004, 11:31 AM   #394
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: If that is what you are offering that is what I will take.

*Allessa bristles, she pulls up her hood, lifts her skirts, and begins walking towards the transport.*

*The two gaurds pick up the crate, one infront, one behind and carry it using recessed handles.*

------------------------------------------

Hal: What is he doing here.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-11-2004, 01:07 PM   #395
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Sir-vin lowers his head and throws back over his hood.*

Old 10-11-2004, 01:55 PM   #396
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((I'm assuming they made it on the transport in time))

*The transport wipped across the ground taking sharp turns and bouncing on the uneven terrain.

They stop in what seems to be the middle of no where. Ragnar steps out*

Ragnar: Open and leave that crate here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heimdall: Nothing you need to be concerned about.

*Heimdall then continues his coverstation with the drake*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-11-2004, 03:28 PM   #397
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*Raschel backs away, then returns to the others, sits down, and tries to go to sleep*

Old 10-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #398
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((BD: Just another assumption that they complied and removed the crate and opened it. IF you want to specify wants in the crate feel free.))

*The transport continues off still giving a rough ride to the passangers on top. After another twenty minutes it comes ot a jarring halt. The rear door opens showing that there was plenty of room for Drago, Allessa and their two guards.

The Beserks march from the transport, rifles slung over their shoulders. round a snow mound and disappear from sight.

Ragnar takes Drago, Allessa and the guards along a well trodden path to a hidden entrance. They enter a building and go down a number of corridors, finally coming to a door with a table next to it.*

Raganar: Leave all your weapons on the table. When your done, go through that door, Lord Vidar is there. You have ten minutes.

*In the room Vidar and Viddall were talking waiting for Drago's party to come in*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Four hours had passed, the drake leaving at some point during those that time. Heimdall woke Idona first before moving to wake Svafa. Idona meanwhile went through her pack pulling out climbing gear. By the time the rest of the group was awakened Idona was already half way up the cliff, with Svafa close behind.*

Heimdall: In your packs you will all find saftey harnesses, and other clmbing gear. Idona and Svafa are laying out lines for us to follow. Idun, Gerd, and I will go next. The rest of you follow in what ever order you want. Try and keep noise to a minium.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-11-2004, 04:58 PM   #399
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt checks out his climbing gear and manages to climb quietly when its his turn*

Old 10-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #400
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*sir-vin with his gear ready, hands Matt an end of safety cable.*

Sir-Vin "Here, the other end is attached to my harness. So don't worry about falling."

*Cracern quickly puts on the harnesses and gets up to the cliff wall.

He looks up the face for a moment. Then he crouches a bit.*

Cracern "Haven't done much of this..."

*Cracern force jumps nearly thirty feet into the air, and grabs onto the face of the cliff, as he grabs onto an already attached cable, which he clips in. Using the force to do it as quietly as possible...*

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge