lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #281
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Sir-Vin *annoyed more at himself* "Nevermind, forget I said anything."

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 07:42 PM   #282
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Idun: Think about what you just said Matt, and in the future before making recommendations on what we should do, you might want to find out what happened...

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 07:48 PM   #283
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Yeah, yeah, I know, sith are pretty tough, you probably didn't have a choice. But hey, from what I've seen so far it's fate. We can't catch a break. We go to a completely neutral colony, and Marin gets into some trouble, and now we come here, to your homeworld, what's supposed to be a walk in the park turns out to be a walk on hoth with Wampas running amok in the area.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #284
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Idun: That is not what I meant. If most of this blood was of the Sith army that would mean we were winning and not lossing... and this was never suppose to be a walk in the park.

Svafa: We also had an eight month break.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #285
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
"So...whose blood is here?" Raschel asked.

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 02:29 AM   #286
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Admiral, check discussion thread.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 03:34 AM   #287
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: It like at least two legions worth.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:38 AM   #288
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Idona: Some of the blood is their's some of it is ours. I don't know the exact numbers I didn't fight in this paticular battle.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #289
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
*Orthos stays silent*

Elella: You're not going to get rid of your father's spectre that way.

Orthos: What?

Elella: It's hanging over you. You've potential and a choice, and you can't help but wonder what it would feel like, permenant fusion to just one. Don't let your fear of becoming your father blind you into doing just that.

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 09:18 AM   #290
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

"What?" Raschel asked. "There is no way Orthos will ever become like Syrnl Darkstar. But...what do you mean, 'fusion'?"

Old 09-28-2004, 09:46 AM   #291
superthrawn

Roleplayer 
As if waking from a deep slumber, Ritchet finally started moving, again. He was scared at first, when he opened his eyes. All he could see was white.

"I thought I'd come back already," he thought to himself. It was only when he saw the others walking ahead of the Silver Spider (Guy's Battle Mech) that he realized that they'd already left for their mission.

With a yawn, he turned to Guy. "Sorry I haven't been more alert. I had to visit my own universe, for a while...there were some...interesting things that I needed to speak with someone about. What have I missed?"

"Space is big... really big. I mean, you wouldn't believe how vastly, hugely, incomprehensibly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
superthrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 12:50 PM   #292
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: It seems at some point I'm going to have to make a choice about who I want to be. Trouble is...I just want to be me...and I'm afraid that's what Syrnl wanted to be when he made his choice those years ago.

Gortick: And what about about fusion? You never told me anything about that.

Orthos: Fusion is when a person physically becomes the avatar they carry. It's quite rare, but apparently I can do it.

Old 09-28-2004, 03:01 PM   #293
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Hey, is the no ranged weapons rule extended to the force? As in can they, I don't know, do something like launch a rock at someone?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 09-28-2004, 03:32 PM   #294
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Cracern "I don't see anyrocks, but I wouldn't doubt something agenst an army of Sith."

Old 09-28-2004, 08:59 PM   #295
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

"Nothing of interest," Guy replied to Ritchet shortly.

Only crossing a slaughter-field. Fascinating. Will it be an entire limb this time? Two? Are you watching us right now, "T"?

"I don't like the sound of that, Orthos," Raschel said. "Physically becoming an avatar? What happens to you? And don't you have both evil and good avatars inside you?"

"I am also wondering about that myself," Aidan said in response to Matt's question. He held out his hand and caused blue-white lightning to dance around it. "Would using this be considered outside the rules of this battle?"

Old 09-29-2004, 01:57 AM   #296
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: If I throw my sword or spear is that outside the rules as well? Stih spit! We could go on about this all day. I'm guesing the answer is a blanket no ranged.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #297
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: It's not permenant, and I still have control of myself...Deac said he'd done it a few times [That old godmoding thing I used to do...]...but that's why I'm afraid. It's no longer a choice of whether the fusion's gonna take place or not...but what I fuse with...

Old 09-29-2004, 10:33 AM   #298
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: Focus on the task at hand, questions about the rules of engagement can be asked and answered at the marshalling in five days.

--------------------------------------------------------

*The group continued to march for hours until finally the sun was setting. Idona brings the group to a halt*

Idona: We camp here for the night, and leave at dawn.

*Idona, sets her pack on the ground and pulls out the shovel. Snapping it's handle into place Idona begins to dig into the snow. Heimdall and the other Aesir follow suit.

After digging for a little while Idona and the Other Aesir had holes about as long as their bodies and were deep enough so that when standing in them the top of the whole came up to their shoulders. They then pulled out a light weight trap and put them over the wholes effectively creating a makeshift tent. Part of the holes were left uncovered to act as entrance to them.*

Heimdall: Misea, You have the first watch tonight, begining when everyone goes to bed. I'll take over after two hours.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #299
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((OSS: I'm going to do a genuine RM thing here whcih the other military types sould recognise, so just follow my lead.))

Hal: Right then.

*Hal selects a snow drift of considderable size and begins to dig out the side. He digs inwards and upwards creating a three sided hollow with a roof.*

Hal: I could use some help guys.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:22 PM   #300
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt, seeing what the Aesir had done, started on his own hole. When he heard Hall saying that he needed help he decided to help him first. His hole had reached his waist when he climbed out to help Hal*

Old 09-29-2004, 03:33 PM   #301
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Marin used her morph to dig a hole, then demorphed and covered it as the Aesir did. Misae, Aidan and Raschel dug their holes using shovels. Aidan and Raschel went over to help Hal after they had finished. Guy remained on his transport.

"What about the other watches?" Raschel asked. "Assuming we all need eight hours of sleep, that makes four two-hour shifts."

<I can take one,> Marin interjected. <Two hours is the time limit for staying in morph, though, so the next one up can't be late.>

Old 09-29-2004, 03:42 PM   #302
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: I only need to sleep for two hours a night, that is the main reason for me taking a six hour watch. Also tomorrow will be another day of marching so all of you are going to need plenty of rest. The next night someone else will take the first 2 hour watch and then I'll take the remaining eight.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-29-2004, 03:42 PM   #303
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Once the others started helping, Matt went back to finish his own hole.*

Old 09-29-2004, 04:21 PM   #304
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Cracern followed suit towards Hal's idea. He used the snow which he 'dug out' to fortify and create a simple wall to keep out some wind a the same time he was forming the 'shelter'.

Sir-Vin stood on yet another looking draft away from most of the group looking at the vast snowland. The wind had picked up since eariler, there wasn't much to see but a nearly blank scene where a white sky meets a seemingly endless view of red.

Several minutes later he pulls out his lightsaber and jumps off of the drift and looks at the ground then at the craft itself. He finds a spot were the wind was blocked mostly and ignites his lightsaber.

He stabs the snow covered land with the saber and starts cutting in a circle. After he is done he steps back and uses the force to 'lift' the hunk of snow out of the 1 meter hole he created. He then repacks the snow around the hole, and jumps into it, performing the same task to dig it down deeper. Force jumping out and pulling the snow out, and repacking it, completing his own shelter in nearly less time then the rest.*

Last edited by Kuuki; 09-29-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #305
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt finished with his hole and went back to helping the others any way he could*

Old 09-29-2004, 08:31 PM   #306
superthrawn

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by Redwing
"Nothing of interest," Guy replied to Ritchet shortly.

Only crossing a slaughter-field. Fascinating. Will it be an entire limb this time? Two? Are you watching us right now, "T"?

Whether or not "T" was watching Guy, there was no doubt that someone else was. Two men, more than a mile away, watched the group dig their snowy shelters trhough magnification devices with a great deal of interest. They wore cold weather gear of a much higher design than the members of the party, but rode mechanical contraptions which on Earth would be known as Snowmobiles.

One briefly spoke to the other, and then they both turned and rode a few hundred meters away from the party, just behind a large snowbank where they, too, would make camp for the night.

"Space is big... really big. I mean, you wouldn't believe how vastly, hugely, incomprehensibly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
superthrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 02:33 AM   #307
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((Admiral's going to find a big problem with that superthawrn ))

Old 09-30-2004, 02:35 AM   #308
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Once the hole hollow was large enough Hal used the excess snow to make blocks, forming the fourth wall and dug an entrance through the drift.*

Hal: I hate to point this out now, but this shelter will take four people and we can easily dig another. We'll be better off if we share body heat and its very difficult to spot, almost impossible from the air.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:36 AM   #309
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos, Elella and Gortick began building their snow-hole. Using the force made the job a lot easier*

Old 09-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #310
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Scar: How many times is it going to take before you realize you can't speak for me?

Currently I don't have a problem with it))

Heimdall: That is a good idea Hal, except our armor and the cold weather gear will keep everyone nice and comfortable. We dont' need to share body heat. Also by spreading out we reduce the risk that a single attack could take out a large portion of the group.

*Svafa standing up and looking around turns to Hal*

Svafa: Sight isn't the only way to find a target. The Fenris Brood, Heloki, and drakes also use scent and some other means.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-30-2004, 01:16 PM   #311
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((pfft, well seeing is that i heard from you about 100 times that, that planet is hidden from everyone but Aesir (with the exception of the badguys) :P))

Old 09-30-2004, 01:54 PM   #312
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: Well then I'll sleep alone. *Looks at the sun.* Matt, I think we have half an hour before sunset, if you want I'll take you through some stances.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-30-2004, 03:29 PM   #313
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Sir-Vin walks up toward Hal and Matt. Then smiles.*

Sir-Vin "Pardon, I'm not here to oppose. Hal, I was wondering if you'd want to have..."

*Sir-Vin pulls out a thick dark glass bottle.*

Sir-vin "A bit of a drink for a few moments?" *making the gesture to walk in a direction away from the others for a possible 'private discussion'*

Old 10-01-2004, 04:37 AM   #314
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: I don't drink on operations or before I give a sword lesson, perhaps another time?

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 10-01-2004, 12:43 PM   #315
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy remained silent, staying on his transport and saying nothing to the others, even Ritchet on his shoulder.

"Don't you need somewhere to sleep?" Raschel tentatively asked.

"No."

"Are you sure? Because..."

"Yes."

Raschel looked like she wanted to say something else, but thought better of it and wandered away.

Aidan took the firestarter kit from his pack.

"How long does this fuel last, and how hot does it burn?" he asked Heimdall.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:05 PM   #316
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Sir-Vin "Very well then, I never ment to get drunk, not enough. I really wanted to talk thats all."

Old 10-02-2004, 03:43 PM   #317
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: It burns fairly hot and lasts for about four hours.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #318
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Okay, switching back to something closer to my normal style, because this is taking too long to type. ))

Aidan: Alright.

He heads back to his dug-out pit.

Time Skip: Thirty minutes Later

The group was asleep, and Misae had been watching over an hour. She was very tired. The strain on her mind was wearing her out too quickly.

She had been staring off into the dark for so long that her eyes began to invent shapes moving far off in the distance. If she had been anyone but a Jedi, she might have been fooled. But there were no presences to go along with the shapes, so she ignored them.

The whispers in her mind grew stronger.

You know, you have failed. The Dark has brought you here. The Dark has you.

I are weak...I am weak.

She looked out across the vast, empty, bloodstained plain. It and the darkness covering it seemed infinite.

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Old 10-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #319
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Some time Later ((Disclaimer: Discussed this with Red already))

*Heimdall was sleeping soundly in his hole when the very soft crunch of snow woke him, to soft to be that of Misea. Heimdall grew alarmed and grabed his sword which lay next to him. With the upmost care he poked his head out over his cover to see a dark shape crouching over the hole that Gerd selpt in. With out hesitating Heimdall grabs his dagger and with a flick of the wrist sent it flying.

The Dagger hit the beast at the shoulder. It head turns quickly looking at Heimdall with glowing yellow eyes. By then Heimdall, had left his hole and drawn his sword. The creature reached up pulling the dagger out of it's shoulder. It droped the weapon in the snow and beared it's fangs then with out warrning it suddenly jumps and races off leaving the campe site.

Heimdall moves quickly but quietly to where Gerd sleeped. The Tarp had already been removed but Gerd still lay sleeping uninjured. Heimdall crouches and picks up his dagger and scans the horizon. There was no sign of Misea, that was cause for some concern.

Moving over to where Svafa slept Heimdall whispered her name. Svafa woke instantly and grabed her weapon but stopped mid motion when she saw Heimdall.*

Heimdall *in a low voice*: Heloki are around. Wake Idun I'm getting Idona. I haven't seen Misea.

*Svafa nods grabs her weapons and heads towards Idun sleeping spot while Heimdall got Idona. A moment later the four nodded in agreement that Heimdall and Idona would look for Misea while Idun and Svafa watched over the others.

Idona took lead with Heimdall following her. Idona began at Misea hole and started tracing her steps as only an expert tracker can. They followed Misea's meanderings as she keeped guard. Finally after a handful of minutes they came upon a spot that was a little trampled and had a sheen of ice. Idona crouched by the ice to examine it and quickly determined that the ice was fresh blood that was frozen not to long ago.

Two minutes passed and Idona stood and turned to Heimdall*

Idona: They attacked Misea her, and they went *pointing in a direction* that way. It was a small party of four, well five including the one that went after Gerd.

Heimdall: We have until sunrise to find her.

*Idona nods and with out another word the two run off following the Heloki tracks. Ten minutes into their run the two came upon the Heloki gourging themselves on prey one of the beast clearly had a shoulder wound. Their weapons already drawn Heimdall and Idona charge the creatures who were to busy feasting to notice their approach.

The Heloki's first real warning of the two Aesir was Heimdall sword as it pierced the back of one of them and emerged through the stomach. Idona a fraction fo a second later with a deft swing sent the head of another flying to land a few yards away from it's owner.

The three remaining Heloki react quickly their claws glinting in the faint light of the night. With a hiss one charges Idona who quickly dispatches it. The other two seeing three of their comrades so quickly slain turn to flee. Heimdall again sends his dagger flying this time it lands in the throat of the Heloki with the shoulder wound. Idona followed suit except using her telescoping spear to impale the fifth.

After collecting their weapons Heimdall and Idona finally turned their attention to the prey whom Heloki were just feasting upon. The torn clothes identified the victim before they two even saw the face...It was Misea.

Heimdall crouched beside Misea body looking at the devistation the Heloki and wrought. Misea's neck was torn open a frozen pool of blood laid in a halo around her head, her left arm was ripped from the socket. The Heloki eating that arm apparently concentrated on teh forearm since only bone remained of that and there were teeth mark in the bone. Misea stomach was also ripped open, with entrails scattered apart.

As Heimdall's eye continued down Misea body he caught sight of her lightsaber still attached to her belt. She never even had the chance to defend herself...

Idona touched Heimdall's shoulder causing him to stand. He shook his head and let out a gentle sigh. He then took off his cloak and proceed to wrapped Misea's remains tightly in it.

About fifteen minutes later Heimdall and Idona returned to the group. Heimdall carrying Misea's body wrapped in his cloak while Idona carrined another smaller packaged wraped in her cloak.*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-02-2004, 10:48 PM   #320
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Sir-Vin was already awake at this time, standing guard near Idun and Svafa.

Cracern was awake too walking towards the three.*

Cracern "Whats going on? I thought I heard a beast?" *with a hand on his lightsaber*

*Sir-Vin was silent for a moment*

Sir-Vin "I don't sense Misae's presence..."

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge