lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina 6: PTH Part V Revenge (Discussion)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-22-2004, 02:48 PM   #41
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
BD, even if the Agamarians were allowed on the planet, their calvary would violate the rules of the "gentlemen's battle". (as Admiral said)

Also, to be quite honest, if they are allowed to take part in the battle, they will probably/definitely all die.

Our characters have a higher chance of survival due to certain circumstances that wouldn't apply to the Agamarians.

If the Aesir took away their horses and their bows and let them join the battle...well, they'd just be cannon fodder, wouldn't they?

However, the whole idea of the Legion sounds pretty interesting to me. I'm sure there's something else that can be done with them...

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2004, 02:54 PM   #42
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Yup what Red said.

Your legion does sound well thought out and there will be plenty of other chances for them to be used. Especially considering that enemy is not going to just disappear when the fight is over. There will be other encounters.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2004, 03:00 PM   #43
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
sry to cut in, but even I was told that

1) Midgard is completely invisable to anyone with any sort of telekenetic prowless, even if someone's on the planet that someone distinctively knows

even detection through scientific methods (Ie scanning the space for gravity wells common for a planet, although one would need to know where in all the universe where to look)

3) well i JUST saw reds post (didnt appear until i hit the reply button)

the battle has been told to be a gentleman's war, both sides have been given rules that they must follow, most likey agreed upon with Hel and commanding Aesir

The Sith are undead, and practically in some sense dont have a will of their own, so thye have no chioce BUT to follow those rules

and although i cant speak for admiral, but i can very well guess that the aesir wont let outside interferences occur, thus preventing that one controlled war to spill outside the planet

although i also agree with red about your army/legion that you can bring, but one question arrises. How come Hal hasnt told about them yet?

oh and another, how does this 6k+ legion survive the holocuast? (surely the aesir would have targeted THAT planet, no offence)

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2004, 03:31 PM   #44
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Quote:
Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
sry to cut in, but even I was told that

1) Midgard is completely invisable to anyone with any sort of telekenetic prowless, even if someone's on the planet that someone distinctively knows

even detection through scientific methods (Ie scanning the space for gravity wells common for a planet, although one would need to know where in all the universe where to look)
It's not specifically invisible to just anyone with telekinetic prowess.

Admiral will have to clarify the rest.

Quote:
oh and another, how does this 6k+ legion survive the holocuast? (surely the aesir would have targeted THAT planet, no offence)
Why is that? They targeted Imperial worlds, then population centers. And alot of Imperials survived because fleets are mobile. Eighty percent of the galaxy's intelligent life gone leaves plenty of room for a 6k+ legion to survive.

Last edited by Redwing; 09-22-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #45
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
About the Sith:

The Sith are dead and and have been brought back to life. The thing is that they can't die permantly. Each time they die they are slightly disfigured *a broken neck will remain twisted sort of thing. A man who had his hand cut off may get it regrown backwards.*

Hel does have some power over them but they are not mindless drones. A mindless drone is worthless, you want someone who has some initiative.

A good example for this army of Sith is the ancient Spartans. The Spartans concentrated almost entirely on martial skills ignoring scholarlly skills like reading and writing. They were educated enough to follow orders but not much more then that.

This is true for this Sith army (this is an ancient army). They barely have an education, in other words they do not know anything else but to follow orders of their superiors. The higher the ranked Sith the more educated. At the same time are less likely to rebel since they have power over poeple and know rebellion is a quick way to a painful death. Obedience quick way for promotion. The Dark Sith Lords are the most highly educated but there are not many Dark Lords and they have no real reason to try an rebel.

Just a note on details:
Hel Brought the Sith army back and gave it to the Jotuns, which originally had the army to begin with.

The overall leader is Loki. This doesn't mean he is the strongest that falls to Fenrir however Loki is the father of Fenrir, Hel, Jormungand and as such is the leader.
-------------------------------------

About Midgard: The Aesir hide themselves in the force so one cannot find the planet by trying to sense them. Hal however doesn't (unless BD says otherwise). As such you could find the Jedi by sensing him. I may have argued that however it has been done in Empire Strikes back and the book Dark Saber.

Under normal circumstances. Hal, Orthos, Misea, Tanara etc would not be on teh planet so that is not an issue. You can't simply sense a planet. Further more the is a planetary cloaking device and shields, and other measures that prevant the idle explorer from finding the planet.

Now having the legion reach the planet ok. Setting down and fighting is not ok. They can stay in orbit and Drago can come down but no more with no horses.
-------------------------------------------

About the rules: The Aesir and Loki, Hel Fenrir didn't sit down and talk about them. They ages ago by Odin and some others (Surt included among them).

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #46
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

see, i said i couldnt speak for you

Old 09-23-2004, 02:58 AM   #47
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
The Legion will not Land or take part in the battle, they're bassically neccessary for character developement. Yes 6,421 men are neccessary.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 06:28 AM   #48
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Ok BD you have me interested in this character development.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-23-2004, 11:14 AM   #49
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Ditto.

Old 09-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #50
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Ok, I'm on a role. The Legion exists for several reasons.

1. Tradition.

2. Trial by Tourument.

3. As a base for a modern army.

This is an Outer Rim Law (I made up). As you may have gathered in the Cantina Flax has been made dictator (King) for six months. Under certain circumstances a challenge to his right to rule might be brought. The challenger could ask for Trial by Personnal Combat or Tournument.

Obviously no-one is going to challenge a sword master like Taklin Flax. In the second case two armies draw up and fight a war using archaic weapons. In this instance Flax would Deploy his legions and call on his allies. Flax' Definate allies are:

House Windrider

House T'nassae

House Relinion.

Each of these houses holds about half the number of Legions House Flax does. The Layout is virtually the same. The only signifficant differences are as follows.

House Windrider's House Gaurd are all mounted and have some additional armour. Also in place of Halbadiers they have a medium cavalry which when dismounted are bassically the men at arms.

House T'nassae has a larger number of light infantry and some dedicated light horse archers but they have no Longbowmen, only crossbows.

House Relinion's Gaurds use two swords in melee combat.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:28 PM   #51
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Quote:
Originally posted by BattleDog
This is an Outer Rim Law (I made up). As you may have gathered in the Cantina Flax has been made dictator (King) for six months. Under certain circumstances a challenge to his right to rule might be brought. The challenger could ask for Trial by Personnal Combat or Tournument.

Obviously no-one is going to challenge a sword master like Taklin Flax. In the second case two armies draw up and fight a war using archaic weapons. In this instance Flax would Deploy his legions and call on his allies.
That sounds eerily like a Blade tradition which will probably come up later in the Cantina RPG (although PtH, while it will DEFINITELY have Blades in it, may not for a while) in which a Blade can challenge another's authority and jurisdiction through a tournament/duel.

Oh, I guess I should clarify why I was asking about Drago...

I'm going to be introducing K'Warra to PtH in this chapter (in a rather unusual fashion, and believe it or not, it is an intrinsic part of the plot, not just something I randomly threw in). Since Drago and K'Warra are both immortals, they have wildly clashing personalities, and they have a bad history (Mrear/Crisis), the inclusion of both of them in the same chapter, in the modern day, would be interesting...

Old 09-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #52
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Admiral.....can I borrow you for my history test tomorrow?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #53
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Trial by tournament: That reminds me of the Aesir's big celebration (The Tournament) of martial skills.

JM: Test on what point in time?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-23-2004, 07:45 PM   #54
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Not so much a period in time than a bunch of civilizations plopped together in a test: Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and Aztecs. Plus we begin covering Vikings in about January....

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:58 AM   #55
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Actually Admiral the Tournument of Martial Skills was what gave me the idea. To be honest I'm feeding off you a bit for inspiration.

You've brobably detected the Saxon/Viking Influence the culture I've created. There's also some Roman in there.

The Agamarian Culture, along with the local sector of the Outer Rim is based on England C900 A.D.

Flax would be more properly termed an Earl, he has power and land but he does not own all the Land he has aurthoriety over.

In oder to become King Flax would have to be elected by the Council of Lords. This has not happened in 15,000 years.

Also, all Agamarians have an obligation of military service based on the amount of Land they hold. The more wealthy they are the higher up the military food chain.

The Bowmen are generally tennants or manual labourers.

The Shieldwall are independant farmers.

The Militia are drawn from those in the cities with enough money to divert time to military training and to buy effective weapons and armour.

The House Gaurd are part of a Lord's household and are a standing army, trained from youth. As a point of interest the name "House Gaurd" was inspired by Huscarle variously translated as House Carl and Gaurd.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #56
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
JM: The vikings. If your teacher says anything about them wearing horned helms hit him/her.

BD: If I can inspire you in another area don't have Hal wear a sword across his back. It is a pet pev of mine that people think swords are normaly worn across the back. This is not the case except for the Great Swords, Claymores, True-Two handers etc. In other words swords that cannot possible be worn at the side do to their large size.

Any sword that could be worn at the hip is worn at the hip. Reason: You cannot draw a blade over your shoulder (I say this from experience).

If you or anyone here is really interested in reading more about swords I direct you to this thread: Swordsmanship School

I have a couple post talking about length and classes of swords.

no ale 'til drunk."

Last edited by Redwing; 09-24-2004 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #57
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

BD: I did notice the Saxon influence. Also noticed the Admiral influence.

My cultures tend to be a mishmash of a whole bunch of different cultural types rather than based on one or two. This might not be obvious since I haven't really done much more than hint at cultural details so far, but you will see alot more of that when I get to put the group in my dimension next thread.

[I did throw some stuff in Crisis, but it wasn't terribly detailed either, not to mention outdated since I placed it in my world's past.]

Admiral: I took the liberty of fixing your link, hope you don't mind.

Old 09-24-2004, 10:46 AM   #58
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Red: Not at all.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #59
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Admiral, he wears his Longsword on his back because his short sword is on his hip. Thats the only reason. The reason he wears two swords at the moment is because he is currently tending towards sword and shield, so the Longsword is effectivly "stored".

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #60
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
BD: You use a long sword with a shield.

Swords that you can't use a shield with require two hands. Long sword is a one handed.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-24-2004, 09:35 PM   #61
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Unless you believe diablo II physics are real, and a barbarian can wield two two-handed swords :P

Old 09-25-2004, 09:30 AM   #62
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Maybe they have big hands.

Old 09-25-2004, 03:18 PM   #63
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Then I have it named wrong. Hal's blade is around 40 inches long with a 10 inch hilt (ish).

Taklin's was 36 inches long because he is considerably shorter than his son. 5 foot 10 vs 6 foot 2.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #64
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
BD: For reference this is a long sword.

3. Long Sword: This refers to swords that have a handle that will fit both hands, and has a long blade. The name was recorded in 1450, but most likely was used before then. A long sword length is usually 40-48 inches. Weight around 2 to 3 . It is believed these swords were used as early as 1150.

I think you desire a Great Sword

5. Great Sword: These are even larger war swords, the term started also in the 1300s, evidence suggest that these swords were in use as early as 1180. These are not true two handed swords (those will be covered later). They weigh enough to require the use of both hands. Where a long sword could be used with a shield, and on a horse. These swords cannot be used with a shield and are a pure infantry weapon. Length is 44 to 53 inches. They weigh 3 to 4 pounds. Usually these swords have a fuller running down half the blade length and a rounded point. Great swords are most famous for the early Scottish claymore (The one William Wallace used in Braveheart).

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-25-2004, 05:03 PM   #65
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Aye laddy, it be 'ne o' my mo favor-it-a-ble films

Old 09-25-2004, 05:12 PM   #66
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral
JM: The vikings. If your teacher says anything about them wearing horned helms hit him/her.
Congrats, I am now suspended from school and grounded thanks to you......

Old 09-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #67
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Well that is what you get when you try to prevant people from teaching the wrong information.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #68
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

suspended? thats usualy cause for expelsion :P

Old 09-26-2004, 02:12 PM   #69
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
So I am right, Longsword. The Agamarians use a two handed weapon with a 40-44 inch blade. Oh, I made a mistake, Flax' weapon was 38 inches. I know technically that falls outside the range but as I said he's quite short.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #70
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
No BD. A long sword's overall length (blade and hilt) is 40-48 inches, and only requires one hand.

From your description the overall length of Hal's sword is around 50 inches putting it out of the range of a long sword and into the range of a Great Sword. Also by saying that you can't use a shield with it implies that it requires both hands to use and as such falls out of the Long Sword category.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #71
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
suspended? thats usualy cause for expelsion :P
Well, I hit him with a 300 page book a bunch of papers, so they took pity on me.

Old 09-27-2004, 02:18 AM   #72
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Okay, right I have it. Hal uses a Great Sword. All my other Agamarians use Longswords. I have my visualizations's wrong.

The average sword used by mounted housgaurd and Flax is 44 inches long with a 36 inch blade. The Weapon can be used one or two handed. Hence Forth this will be known as a Gaurd's Sword.

The average weapon is around 34 inches long with a 28 inch blade. This will be known as a Common Sword. In future anyone confused must refer to this thread.

Hal's Sword is an examply of a weapon used by the Light Infantry and will be known as a Barbarian Sword.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:27 AM   #73
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Admiral: I'm currently working under the assumption that Drago would be apreciably older than Odin's childran and must have encountered the Asier before. Simply through virtue of being so old.

If you have a serious problem with any of this please say.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:15 AM   #74
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
BD: Being older then Odin's children is not a problem, except maybe for Vidar (the eldest son). How old is Drago? (that way I can say whether or not he is older then Vidar and some of the others).

And it depends on how he encoutered the Aesir.

no ale 'til drunk."

Last edited by Admiral; 09-28-2004 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:21 AM   #75
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Not to answer for BD, but definitive answer for that is difficult since no one really knows WHEN the Mrear world existed (where IIRC Drago was born), when it stopped existing, and when magic was "bound" in the galaxy/went away on its own/something else happened. (This as well has never really been clear.)

Old 09-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #76
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
I know but even if it is a general idea of age I could give a better answer.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 09-28-2004, 11:20 AM   #77
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Well, If Mrear developed at the same rate as the human homeworld and they were roughly the same age Drago would be around 50,000 years old, maybe as much as 70,000, maybe more.

This is all based on the fact that SW technology is so advanced and we know they were firmly intergalatic around 30,000 BBY. So I figure add 20,000 for them to go from the dark ages to there. Then we have to consider that Mrear is probably older than the HHW. So I'd say between 50-80,000, with those being the far outsiders.

As to the other question I would think an Imortal would be fairly impressive even to the Asier and second simply through virtue of being so old he must have met them several times. In general I would expect him to have gotton on well with them.

He might even concievably have spent several years/decades with them. That would help to explain how he found Midgard.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:25 PM   #78
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Hm, if so that would probably have been pre-Loki from what Admiral has told me...

Going by theforce.net, which is generally reliable and backs up its sources, the Star Wars galaxy formed c. 5,000,000,000 BBY.

Considering C8-9-10, with Kvana's appearance on Coruscant, Mrear probably existed between c. 200,000 and 100,000 BBY so that the sun-blocking citadel could have been constructed by someone he knew. (Running out of time here, so check the site to see what I mean.) Which makes Drago older by an order of magnitude. This is just conjecture, however.

Pardon my cluelessness, but what does "HHW" stand for?

Old 09-28-2004, 12:32 PM   #79
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

prolly "human homeworld"

Old 09-28-2004, 12:35 PM   #80
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
I really do need to sit down and do a timeline for the Aesir would make this much easier anyways:

Well I don't know how impressed they would be with a single immortal human. The drakes are immortal and the Aesir have yet to discover their natural life-span (no Aesir has yet to die of old age).

So if Drago was to spend any appreciable amount of time with the Aesir it would have to be before the explusion of Loki, and after the first war. A lot of time passed between those two events mind you but Vidar, Tyr, Heimdall, Svafa and the rest of Odin's children would've been born and old with the exception for Vali who was Born after the expulsion of Loki.

Now if Drago did encounter the Aesir he would have meet Odin and some others (Odin generally travels with his children and Loki given the time period) on one of Odin's jouryneys. (He does that a lot so them meeting serveral times could happen). As far as spending time with the Aesir, Drago could have joined Odin on one of his journey's. Odin journey's tend to last a long time (7+ Years). Drago wouldn't of been taken to any of the Aesirian worlds though nor told of their location.
------------------------------------------------------

About Age and how the Aesir view it.

The Aesir do not view age as important so generally they don't keep track of how old they are once they are past 100. 100 marks a milestone in a life of an Aesir and once they are past that their age no longer matters and the Aesir don't ask each other how old they are.

Past the century mark, an Aesir when asked for his/her age generally picks a number. Sometimes randomly other times just a number they like. For instance Odin likes 4,000 and whenever someone asks him how old he is, Odin answers with either "4,000" or "over 4,000". Odin is much older then that (to be honest I haven't sat down and done the math, but at the very least around Drago's age most likely older). Heimdall likes to say 300. This by the way is to other Aesir/people who know they are Aesir.

For non-Aesir and those who have no idea that they are Aesir they will pick a human age that they look like. For example if Svafa is infiltrating the Empire she may say that she is 20. Odin maybe 50 or so.

You should get the idea to their practices. Also Drago would be older then Vidar but by how much I'm not sure (really need to figure out a time line). He would not be older then Idun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any questions?

no ale 'til drunk."
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Cantina 6: PTH Part V Revenge (Discussion)