lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mod Requests(2): Post your desires here
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2004, 08:04 AM   #521
Springchicken
Lurker

Thanks for the explanations, it makes things a bit clearer!

I'll definitely try my hand at this, I've been wanting to mod the game for ages but my technical ineptitude held me back.
Springchicken is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #522
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Re: Bad Juhani

Quote:
Originally posted by EnderWiggin

And to fearless Jedi - Dont argue with Mono and Redhawke, Either make it clearer so we can help or be quiet.

_EW_
Yeah don't argue with me I WILL win.

There's no cape.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 07:06 AM   #523
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
One really good mod would be to make the party selection screen larger, so you could have more than 9 npc's in your party.

Another good one would be to make Darth Sion and the masked sith lord from TSL recruitable. (only when you turn to the dark side)

Another good mod would be to have more than 2 allies with you when you're fighting enemies. You could spawn extra enemies to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 07:26 AM   #524
*Yoinked*

the 1rst one is currently impossible. the second one would be a relatively easy reskin. the first half of the third you can use the force replication mod which is found in the all in one force powers mod , the second, the armband for it is in the all in one froce powers mod.

-Yoink

"Live is about taking risks: place your bet!"

350+ posts yay!!
*Yoinked* is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 08:08 AM   #525
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by *Yoinked*
the 1rst one is currently impossible.
-Yoink
Actually, IIRC that's hard coded into the game, and for non-Bioware employees like us, that's forever impossible on the count of legal issues.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #526
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Actually, IIRC that's hard coded into the game, and for non-Bioware employees like us, that's forever impossible on the count of legal issues.
Thats very true Mono However I have been looking for a backdoor around this through scripts and dialogues and I am getting ever closer to a variant on this idea that has always been the basis of my recruit manager project that I had some screw ups with in the last month. Main screw up making use of other peoples mods as part of my mod without permission and releasing it. I have been on the verge of some changes and will not even consider releasing it untill I have some peoples permission, or I will not make use of others recruits & scripts In my next version. Even though the scripts are pretty generic anyways.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 12:30 PM   #527
*Yoinked*

Quote:
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
That is what I meant, that is "we cant do that now, for several reasons", sorry for the confusion...

Quote:
Thats very true Mono However I have been looking for a backdoor around this through scripts and dialogues and I am getting ever closer to a variant on this idea that has always been the basis of my recruit manager project that I had some screw ups with in the last month. Main screw up making use of other peoples mods as part of my mod without permission and releasing it. I have been on the verge of some changes and will not even consider releasing it untill I have some peoples permission, or I will not make use of others recruits & scripts In my next version. Even though the scripts are pretty generic anyways.
As for this, if it works
Good luck, I mean it, my fingers are crossed

-Yoink

350+ posts yay!!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:55 PM   #528
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Totally

Definitly hope that works!!!! That will put you on the map darkkender!!!

Not many requests lately......

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 09:10 PM   #529
Boli_Delish
Rookie

@Mono_Giganto:

couple of requests concerning the mod you linked me to earlier

you know that bandon-sith governer mod thingy? can you change it so it replaces different things? i happen to have gotten new revan & forge robes, but i still want your thing.

also, i dont like having to choose either republic or sith uniforms at the very beginning - maybe replace republic mod armor with republic uniform, and the sith uniforms on a sithy-styled armor? (not THE sith uniforms on Taris, i use them on canderous & carth on ebon hawk )

also, the sith governer armor's texture on high is the same as when its on low, and looks rather crummy...any ideas on how to fix?

sry im so picky! plz dont hurt me *cringes*
Boli_Delish is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2004, 11:04 AM   #530
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Actually, I've noticed the same thing recently, it's been a rather long time since I actually played KOTOR. You have to remember, this was my first mod, I didn't really understand textures, OR hex, all I understood was 2da editing. Maybe time for a new version this weekend....

I'll try to answer your questions:

Depends what you want it to replace, if you want it to replace jedi robes for example, you need to edit appearance.2da and put N_DarthBand under modeli.

Well, for the Republic soldier thing, you would need the class number and model number of the Mod Armor, then you would need to rename the N_RepSold.mdl and .mdx to PMB(class number)(model number) and same thing for female, replacing M with F.

Same thing for sith clothes.

Texture thing was just me rushing through the mod, I extraced the low res texture instead of the high res, if you open up KOTOR tool, go under ERFs >tpa >and find N_SithAppren, rename that to N_DarthBand02 and put it in override, that should fix your problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience(s).

Old 11-01-2004, 01:29 PM   #531
Boli_Delish
Rookie

okay...

im having difficulty telling what's what in the 2da file, as theres about fifty sith and republic uniforms each, not to menation all the jedi council files.

is there a link to a site or something that can help me, or if not, maybe a quick tutorial somewhere on translating it?
Boli_Delish is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2004, 03:23 PM   #532
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Boli_Delish
okay...

im having difficulty telling what's what in the 2da file, as theres about fifty sith and republic uniforms each, not to menation all the jedi council files.

is there a link to a site or something that can help me, or if not, maybe a quick tutorial somewhere on translating it?
Okay, you need to find the lines marked P_something here, these control PC models. You scroll to the right until you find PMBJ, that's the default model for Revan's robes.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:56 PM   #533
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

It would be really cool if someone made a new version of the modified Revan's robes, so that the cape wouldn't be like a plastic toy, and for the force powers to come out of your hand, not the ground.

It would be really good if someone made a mod that gives malak a black body, a black cape like revan's (not the little rags on his back), 10 times as much health, a lightsaber which does seven times as much damage, all dark side force powers, and one of those weird "skirt" thigys that the sith masters have.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2004, 04:24 PM   #534
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
# 1 is impossible with the cape thing i believe. T7 made a revan mod with lightning coming out of the hands. It is a recent mod....

# 2 is doable, it would just need some retexturing, a uti edit, and a utc edit.

Hope This Helps!

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #535
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Darth Bandon model Robes

I'm curious maybe I've missed it entirely but has anybody converted Darth Bandons robes & armor from his model to being an actual set of robes? If so where are they and are they upgradeable? If not would one of the great modelers and skinners be able to pull this one off easily?

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 11-01-2004, 07:21 PM   #536
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Yeah, I saw T17's mod... Such a pity the cape is like plastic.
A great mod would be to lead an assult on Coruscant (a revised set of Taris maps) You could kill jedi and republic troopers.. Dark Jedi and Sith troopers would be your allies... That would be a great mod.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #537
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Well in my Make Canderous a Dark Jedi Mod, it includes the Bandon/Sith Master Model that has texture variations as well, I used it to overwrite the Revan Robe slot to Bandon Style Robes for Canderous.

You could use this for yourself easily by editing your appearance.2da and in whatever clothes, armor, or robe model you wanted simply enter the name of the model I edited N_DarthCand in the model cell, and N_DarthCand in the tex cell.

Then just extract the N_DarthCand.mdl, N_DarthCand.mdx and the N_DarthCand0X.tga files from my Canderous Dark Jedi Mod to your override, and you should be good to go.

This is all for Male PC's only of course.

And upgradeability has nothing to do with models or textures, it is all controlled from the .uti, you can make anything used in the clothing/armor slot upgradeable as armor, you can make these in a few minutes with KT.

I hope this helps!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2004, 07:27 PM   #538
DarthBuzzard
Forumite

I think Mono_Giganto did. Check his website (look for the link in his sig).

AIM = halfbakedbuzzard

Donate to my RPG character here:
Eternal Thanks to those who have donated:
Adam G (Yoinked) - 500,000
Fiend138 - 869
Darth333 - 1,000
JediDude - 40,000

Thanks so much guys!

SON OF A BLOODY WIGOT! -RealJediDude

You vile vile man. Thats the greatest thing EVAR!!! - Kain
DarthBuzzard is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2004, 07:27 PM   #539
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
I have twice, but only one is up at pcgm I let the other one die. http://www.pcgamemods.com/5454/ It's a simple mod really I think it took about 15 minutes to make and test.

It replaces the scout clothes. There is no way of actually making it a new armor unless one of the defualt models are replaced. I don't think there upgradeable but its an easy task to add some more properties.

btw this should be in the request thread. hmm maybe I need to clean it up
T7nowhere is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #540
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Hello there,

If it isn't too much trouble T7 or another modeller who is so inclined, and understands how to do what T7 did, if you could do up the N_DarthRevanM and N_DarthRevanF models similar to what T7 did with the cape removal, and the force powers emerging from the hands, and the camera hook fixed (or whatever that is called), but I would want both the male and female versions of these models with the stock hoods and belts retained, that would be really cool!

EDIT: I put this here and not in T7's Revan Mask+ thread because this is a request and much better suited here.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 11-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #541
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
Hello there,

If it isn't too much trouble T7 or another modeller who is so inclined, and understands how to do what T7 did, if you could do up the N_DarthRevanM and N_DarthRevanF models similar to what T7 did with the cape removal, and the force powers emerging from the hands, and the camera hook fixed (or whatever that is called), but I would want both the male and female versions of these models with the stock hoods and belts retained, that would be really cool!

EDIT: I put this here and not in T7's Revan Mask+ thread because this is a request and much better suited here.
*sigh* I wish I could do that, if I could only make mods...

Quote:
Old 11-02-2004, 06:21 AM   #542
SR^Xanatos
Lurker

Maybe some one could try making a mod to Skip Taris ???
But when u skip it u will still have Chars ur suppost to have

-Xan

...The Force Will Guide Me...
SR^Xanatos is offline   you may:
Old 11-02-2004, 06:26 AM   #543
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally posted by SR^Xanatos
Maybe some one could try making a mod to Skip Taris ???
But when u skip it u will still have Chars ur suppost to have

-Xan
This is possible but it is a lot of verification work to make sure all the globals that need to be fired are fired so that you don't get stuck later in the game. Plus Taris is my fav planet , especially when you play it as a jedi Get tk102's Darkside choker ( which is also included in the AIOFPM - All-in-one force power mod): it is always fun to force choke the guy that makes the anti-alien speech. The chars are not quite a problem however: I already made an armband that let's you add/remove chars from your party.
Darth333 is offline   you may:
Old 11-02-2004, 06:30 AM   #544
SR^Xanatos
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
This is possible but it is a lot of verification work to make sure all the globals that need to be fired are fired so that you don't get stuck later in the game. Plus Taris is my fav planet , especially when you play it as a jedi Get the Darkside choker: it is always fun to force choke the guy that makes the anti-alien speech. The chars are not quite a problem however: I already made an armband that let's you add/remove chars from your party.
How can u choke him ?? ... U got a mod for it ???

...The Force Will Guide Me...
SR^Xanatos is offline   you may:
Old 11-02-2004, 06:31 AM   #545
Darth333
Administraterror

Yup I edited my post above to include the links
Old 11-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #546
yotamsh
Lurker

Hey.
I was thinking for a while about how cool and fun it could be if someone could create a mod that lets you choose as many party members as you want in any given time. This should make battles so much cooler with every character and its weapons and armor fighting together. you could make a four jedi combo, or call up all of your friends to smash everything together! *end of mod fantasy*
Anyways, im a real newbie when it comes to mods, so i dont know if my idea is possible or even worth the effort. But I still hope someone will adopt it.
yotamsh is offline   you may:
Old 11-02-2004, 10:16 AM   #547
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
unfortunately yotamsh the 3 member limit is hard coded into the game and cannot be modded. but there are alot of great alternate recruit mods available out there.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #548
*Yoinked*

Like force replication which is on the first page. It can also be found in the all in one force power mod, see D333's post above.

-Yoink

350+ posts yay!!
Old 11-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #549
sith_master2000

Quote:
Originally posted by EnderWiggin
# 1 is impossible with the cape thing i believe. T7 made a revan mod with lightning coming out of the hands. It is a recent mod....
Can you give me the link to that mod?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me...
sith_master2000 is offline   you may:
Old 11-02-2004, 10:34 PM   #550
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally posted by sith_master2000
Can you give me the link to that mod?
Uhh... look up this thread to T7nowhere's last post (Right above mine) and the link to his site is in his sig.

You want the Revan Mask mod.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally posted by sith_master2000
Thanks Red but no need to give me the 'What the hell are you on?' look, I may be a complete and utter dumba** but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings... *Sniff sniff*
I'm sorry... I so love to use the smily when I can.

Last edited by RedHawke; 11-02-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:51 PM   #551
sith_master2000

Thanks Red but no need to give me the 'What the hell are you on?' look, I may be a complete and utter dumba** but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings... *Sniff sniff*

Old 11-03-2004, 05:12 AM   #552
UrchSr
Rookie

Hey, is it possible to make a weapon only affect one type of enemy? Like get a "Rancor killer rifle" and start huntin' some wabbits.

"I am a follower of the Light, Yes... But I will lead you into the Dark to prove it."

Four more years!!!
UrchSr is offline   you may:
Old 11-03-2004, 12:17 PM   #553
Renegade Angel
The Darkside Has Cookies!

A little help?

Ok listen I'm only 11 and I'm still learning how to mod and I need someone to make me a white lightsaber mod and and a new planet (Hoth) with an abandoned Sith Base.

98 percent of the teenage population has tried some type of drug or underage drinking at some point. Put this in your sig if you like potatoes.
Renegade Angel is offline   you may:
Old 11-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #554
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This needs to be in the request sticky.

If you delete this post on your own, and retype it in that sticky, it may put you on D333's good side.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:44 PM   #555
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
This needs to be in the request sticky.
No need to delete: I am moving it.
Quote:
If you delete this post on your own, and retype it in that sticky, it may put you on D333's good side.
Am I so terrifying?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:50 PM   #556
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I didn't say that! i'm just saying that being on the good side of people in power is, well, good.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #557
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
I didn't say that! i'm just saying that being on the good side of people in power is, well, good.
indeed (j/k)

oh and I forgot to answer chain's question:

You can try to make the white light saber by yourself Modding is fun and if y7ou want to learn, this is a good place to start. There are other modders of your age around here. Have a look at the Guide for the Newbie under the item making and texturing section and then go to the Do you want to mod SW-kotor sticky to get Achilles tutorial on lightsaber making and svosh's white saber texturing tutorial. After this, if you have some questions, don't hesitate to ask them on the boards (not in this sticky which is only for mod requests).

For the new planet, what you are asking is a lot of work. I guess the Tatoine model could be reused but would need to be retextured entirely. Area making, although not necessarily difficult, requires a lot of time.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #558
sith_master2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
Am I so terrifying?
Yes... Nah I'm just kidding.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:43 AM   #559
Mrfantasmik
Lurker

Found Jango and BoBa

jango and boba fett costumes can be found at a russian website
http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/mods.htm
dunno if someone all ready posted but thought i might add it
Mrfantasmik is offline   you may:
Old 11-04-2004, 06:50 PM   #560
monkey joe
Rookie

Re: Found Jango and BoBa

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrfantasmik
jango and boba fett costumes can be found at a russian website
http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/mods.htm
dunno if someone all ready posted but thought i might add it
I havn't tried it but do they have the helmets?

Oh, and its probly not possible but can you like add a equipment spot or whatever. Like so you can equip everything and get the bonuses but it not be seen. like all the armbands and stuff like in your pocket so you can equip more stuff.
monkey joe is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Mod Requests(2): Post your desires here