lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Masked Sith, Your Thoughts On Char Depth, The Overall Direction U Notice By Video
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-26-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
Naphtali

The Masked Sith, Your Thoughts On Char Depth

I dont know about you guys but since he's male i really hope hes not REVAN. Its good then that from the littled revealed so far that Obisidan understands whats good and whats garbage and corny.
Note the story, the benevolent SITH LORDS have returned.

Believe me a lot of us who understand good char and story appreciate this taking of the story to a heavier and darker level, and bringing more depth into char. Even Malak could of been explained as to why he had his lower jaw servered, or Canderous, after his battle with Jagi, he voices his displeasure with himself, but there's not much more than that.

Even your chr fought with reven and malak in the mandalorian wars, giving u good depth to your char to begin with.

How do guys feel about that

Revasn basically stole the star forge when the elders wanted him to destroy it, and used it to bring back the sith, he and Malak pretenders of the sith legacy.

IN THIS TIME, THEIR CAN BE MORE THAN 2, so it would'nt shock me if sion is just the dirty work, enforcer type.

This hasn't been one of my better post but your thoughts on all this and your opinions are wanted

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
BATTLE ANYBODY I DONT CARE
WHO YOU TELL

Last edited by Naphtali; 08-26-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Naphtali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Errr...I don't think the masked guy is Revan either.

Not sure I follow any of the rest of that
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
DarthBuzzard
Forumite

Is that Duros, Rodian, Sullustan, or Ithorian?

I speak only Basic and Ancient Sith, sorry...could you please be a bit more clear?

I dont' even understand the maskd guy part...

kids these days...
oh wait im 13

[/endstupidity]

AIM = halfbakedbuzzard

Donate to my RPG character here:
Eternal Thanks to those who have donated:
Adam G (Yoinked) - 500,000
Fiend138 - 869
Darth333 - 1,000
JediDude - 40,000

Thanks so much guys!

SON OF A BLOODY WIGOT! -RealJediDude

You vile vile man. Thats the greatest thing EVAR!!! - Kain
DarthBuzzard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 02:37 AM   #4
FiEND_138

Re: The Masked Sith, Your Thoughts On Char Depth

Quote:
Originally posted by Naphtali
I dont know about you guys but since he's male i really hope hes not REVAN. Its good then that from the littled revealed so far that Obisidan understands whats good and whats garbage and corny.
Note the story, the benevolent SITH LORDS have returned.
Hope its not Revan either, & I don't think it is... just a guess.

Quote:
Believe me a lot of us who understand good char and story appreciate this taking of the story to a heavier and darker level, and bringing more depth into char. Even Malak could of been explained as to why he had his lower jaw servered, or Canderous, after his battle with Jagi, he voices his displeasure with himself, but there's not much more than that.
Yep, can't wait to see the level of darkness OE introduces into this installment. O, & Malak lost his jaw in a saber fight, according to SW.com.

Quote:
Even your chr fought with reven and malak in the mandalorian wars, giving u good depth to your char to begin with.

How do guys feel about that
I think it's cool. Got to connect the two games some how.

Quote:
Revasn basically stole the star forge when the elders wanted him to destroy it, and used it to bring back the sith, he and Malak pretenders of the sith legacy.
I didn't really see Revan as a "pretender". Malak yes, Revan no.

Quote:
IN THIS TIME, THEIR CAN BE MORE THAN 2, so it would'nt shock me if sion is just the dirty work, enforcer type.
Thinkin the same thing.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 03:10 AM   #5
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
I'm going to have to, once again, agree with FiEND on this one!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 AM   #6
JediFanatic10
Rookie

whoa... I was under the impression that there could ONLY be two... a master and an apprentice... now I'm hearing theres three sith lords in this game.. that messes up ol Yoda's theory dont ya think
JediFanatic10 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 03:24 AM   #7
FiEND_138

^^
It's the time before Bane, before the rule was introduced to stop them from destroying themselves....

Old 08-27-2004, 03:26 AM   #8
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally posted by JediFanatic10
whoa... I was under the impression that there could ONLY be two... a master and an apprentice... now I'm hearing theres three sith lords in this game.. that messes up ol Yoda's theory dont ya think
Actually according to what I understand the Sith "Rule of Two" is supposed to come after the time of KOTOR... It is supposed to have been created by a Darth Bane around 1,000 years or so before EP1.

Of course Bioware who made KOTOR decided to follow this rule because their story was set around Revan and Malak, and actually Obsidian, who is making KOTOR:TSL, is the one following more along the lines of the Sith of the period.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RedHawke; 08-27-2004 at 03:39 AM.
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 03:31 AM   #9
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Actually the rule of two was made by Darth Bane around 1,000 years before EP 1. Sometime after the Battle of Ruusan.
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 01:08 PM   #10
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 

Quote:
Maybe Revan was a pretender when you played, but he sure as hell wasn't when I played.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #11
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
I dont know about you guys but since he's male i really hope hes not REVAN.
Why would it be Revan: didn't Obsidian specified that continuity with the first game would be ensured through questions at the beginning of the game and the game would be affected by your answers i.e. what path did you chose in Kotor 1, was Revan a male or female and stuff like that.... So there is no reason why revan would be a male in Kotor 2.

Btw, I have always found that the costume of the masked guy on the cover of Kotor 2 (or what I think will be the cover) ressembles to the traditional Venetian Bautta:
(of course, those guys don't wield lightsabers )
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2004, 11:50 PM   #12
kome566

Location: Sitting next to a laying Malak trying to hack his plate off.
ehhh i dont know who those ppl are...I'm not up to date with my star-wars history...

Maybe you were really close to Revan in the Mandalorian Wars....Maybe the 2nd to rally to Revan (After Malak) Who knows? We just gotta wait and see for ourselves...until then...let our imagination flow

I have nothing else to do... : You can never kill a Sith... Achilles is my man ! (Not in that way..)
kome566 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #13
JediFanatic10
Rookie

You guys are right I forgot about Darth Bane and the rule of two... Ok now I can sleep at night knowing this game isnt breaking any rules.
JediFanatic10 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #14
Devilsfanatic

You know, I've been thinking about this, and the Sith that is featured with the mask, is the same girl in white. Now, I know you might be thinking that the site has a wallpaper of her fighting this masked figure, but maybe it's a subtle way of Obsidian talking about the fight between dark and light in a person. If you notice that on their main page the face morphs from the masked figure to that girl, their head is the same size.......I can't take a pic of it because it's a macromedia file, but yeah. Im thinking they're the same.

This is what Im trying to say...... can you guys see it, when her face morphs from light, to the person with the mask, it looks like she'll be that person behind the mask.

Last edited by Devilsfanatic; 08-28-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2004, 07:36 PM   #15
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

That certainly is one theory, but I'm going to call shenanigans on this one

Akham's Razor tells me that the morphing figure on the main page is a symbol of the choice between Lightside and Darkside and that the wall paper is just a really cool looking picture.

...but that's just me
Old 08-28-2004, 07:47 PM   #16
FiEND_138

Yeah, me too. Though it is an interesting, well thought out theory Devilsfanatic, it's just with the way Bio did Bastilla's character arc, I personaly couldn't see OE doing basically the same thing with a different model, name, & game. Just an opinion.....

Old 08-28-2004, 07:54 PM   #17
Devilsfanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Yeah, me too. Though it is an interesting, well thought out theory Devilsfanatic, it's just with the way Bio had with Bastilla, I personaly couldn't see OE doing basically the same thing with a different model, name, & game. Just an opinion.....
I thought the same thing, but everytime Im at their page and see that morph, I think that she's the person behind the mask, so I threw a theory out there, no harm, no foul.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:08 PM   #18
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Originally posted by Devilsfanatic
I thought the same thing, but everytime Im at their page and see that morph, I think that she's the person behind the mask, so I threw a theory out there, no harm, no foul.
None at all
Old 08-28-2004, 10:02 PM   #19
Devilsfanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by XBebop
Theory disproved....

Umm.......Im pretty sure I mentioned that in my original post. It could be Obsidian's way of showing the internal fight in a person between the dark and the lightside. I thought maybe that queen, as I believe she is, is a sith lord the whole time, but befriends you and your party to gain knowledge about your motives and such. Just some random crap Im throwing out there
Old 08-29-2004, 04:58 PM   #20
XBebop

Theory disproved....

XBebop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 06:04 PM   #21
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Also, the one in the mask is clearly male. Look at his arm in that picture, and compare it to the female Jedi's. No way is that the arm of a female.
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > The Masked Sith, Your Thoughts On Char Depth, The Overall Direction U Notice By Video