lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Your Coolest SWB Gameplay Moment
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-27-2004, 05:28 AM   #81
HarkoninVSC
Lurker

Bespin platforms - Entire team wiped out so the scores reading 1/14.

I was a jet trooper, got six coming across the bridge in the middle (Jumped off the roof and used my jetpack to shoot through the windows). Jumped in a Rebel Starfighter for 4 more kills. Landed behind the remaining droids and mowed them down as they tried to get the last command point.

"I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it."
HarkoninVSC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 06:09 AM   #82
thejeditraitor

i was on rhen var (the big map) and it was 2 to like 10.
the other a.i. on my team bit the dust so i camped out in the green ice caves where my lone command point was.

as the enemy stormed the passage i layed all my mines and had a shoot out. nearly dead, i ran back to the command point but my droids were destroyed. so the remaining 3 guys were still after me and i had nothing but a blaster.

i heard 3 or 4 dull, bass booms and the screams of my enemies as they walked over my mine trap and i won the match 1 to 0.
thejeditraitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #83
Cyclone7
Rookie

My favorite moment happened the first day I got the game.

I was playing in multiplayer on Cloud City, the small map without vehicles. I was an imp and I followed Darth Vadar down that black corridor that leads to the freezing chamber. Darth and I got to the room where there's a catwalk through a big cylindrical room right over a big black pit. All of a sudden rebels appear at the other door, and started shooting at Darth. Next thing I know Darth deflected four laser shots and does a backflip in the air falling right into the pit and disappears. It was soooo damn funny!
Cyclone7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 10:22 AM   #84
Scavenger
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclone7
My favorite moment happened the first day I got the game.

All of a sudden rebels appear at the other door, and started shooting at Darth. Next thing I know Darth deflected four laser shots and does a backflip in the air falling right into the pit and disappears. It was soooo damn funny!
Sounds like his bag of tricks TRICKED on him
Scavenger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #85
thejeditraitor

vader knows what he's doing.
he was jumping down to find luke and whoop him.

cool thing i did today was sniping guys off of tauntauns.
and sniping tauntauns with noone on them. ha! ha!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 AM   #86
Wolfsflame
Lurker

my best moment was on tatoine(sp?) and i saw that vader had fallen into the sarlacc so i watched him spend 10 minutes of his 1000 years of being tossed around/digested
Wolfsflame is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 AM   #87
Wolfsflame
Lurker

sry for double post....lag
Wolfsflame is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 07:35 AM   #88
chrishaolin
Rookie

its raining wookies

on a rooftop in mos eisley, almost got hit by a flying wookie who died from a blast

feeling froggish? leap..
chrishaolin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 07:56 AM   #89
Lord Jerec
Rookie

So far, its been flying the Rep Gunship, fully loaded and just owning all the CIS units with it.

Leader of The Bearded Alliance (TBA) and soon-to-be ruler of the Galaxy!

WWW.THEBEARDEDALLIANCE.TK
Lord Jerec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #90
xXx-Tricky-xXx
Lurker

mines when

my friend threw a grenade at a dude and bounced off his head came back and killed us both.

or

when we were roping the same at at and came around and crashed into each other

or

crashed into an at at head and the at at blew up

or

when it said i ran out of fuel flying a tie fighter and i blew up
(im serious, has this happened to anyone else?)
xXx-Tricky-xXx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #91
LoQ
Rookie

First day it came out, I hopped into an AT-ST on Endor and started wasting away those f%#!ing ewoks!!!

I know that may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but I HATE EWOKS!!!!!! I have hated them since I saw Return Of The Jedi! That is over 20 years of rage built up for those damn parasite invested over-glorified teddy bears!!!!! Man was I loving life that day!!!!!!
LoQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #92
ShadowMarth03
Rookie

Playing as a Emperial Pilot on tatooine.
I was just laying waste to the rebel scum, when a grenade landed nearby. I didn't notice it till it was too late, then BOOM!!!
As I watched my body fly just for fun, I landed. To mya amzement, I landed next to a medical droid and had virtually no damage!!!
ShadowMarth03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:55 PM   #93
Zerosaber
Rookie

THe funniest moment in that game for me was when I had clipping problems you could see through walls and youcouldn't tell if it eas a wall or not anyways on Mos Eisley Isaw a whole group of rebels in the catina so I threw a grendae but do to my clipping problems the grenade hit the wall and bounced back at me so I ended kill my self and 5 others. THe best moment in the game for me is in bespin clouds level when your an infantry and after taking control of the extractor spawn point in the middle of the map it's just so cool and intense when try to break the lines of the enemy on hard. The explosions and corpses they fly everywhere and out the window and everything.
Zerosaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #94
Micahc
Rookie

Curses. im going insane waiting for microplay to get used copy and this is REALLY helping. (notice touch of sarcasm). cant wait to blast the gungans though. (que the evil diabolicle laugh)
Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #95
ShadowMarth03
Rookie

Just happened, keeping the center on Naboo (the open one) with almost no reinforcements and me on a STAP. Over 37 kills and a command post, without my first death till it was captured.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #96
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Today I was playing Geonosis and I stayed in a Gunship whole game and in the end I got 65 kills. My new record. Anyone else got higher? I didnt die either.

Sig encountering technical difficulties...
Evil Dark Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #97
Shadey

Best moment, can hardly pick one, or less than 10 :P

Jumping out of a reversing speeder that hadnt quite stopped, I was placed behind and consequently ran over and killed by this speeder that must have been doing about 1kph.

Using nades to blow Count dooku off a walkway on bespin >:D. BTW you can't really kill the jedi but they do die when their teams reinforcment count gets down to 20.

edit: sorry meant to say cant kill em by shooting directly, but you can blow em off the map or run em down in vehciles. I got a screenie I will put up as soon as I get my computer running cause this one doesnt have photoshop.

Opening up for the first time with the destroyer droids blasters, and the xwings lasers.

Flying through a walker's legs with a speeder (got a screenshot)

"Mowing the grass" with the AT-AT's.The grass being idealistic delusional freedom fighters >:P

Killing ewoks and gungans, I will never get tired of. This is what really happens when teddy bears try to take on armoured blaster wielding soldiers. Enough throw rugs to carpet my way to coruscant :P

Firing a rocket and Vader only to have him rebound it into a teammate.

My bro not figuering out that even using the disguise kit didn't stop the targetter still showing him as an enemy, nor that the AT-ST's lasers had splash damage. :P

Watching the sarlacc pit go through a nine course meal of my teammates, rebels and tusken raiders.

Taking out 87 guys in one game. Only bots but almost at that magical 100 mark.

Watching the AI snowspeeders continuely crash into each other while trying to trip my AT-AT.

Jumping in a ywing, taking off and quickly throttling up just in time to see two missiles start trailing my at exacttly the same speed (also got a screenie).

Plus I had a moment better than all that but I'll be damned if I can remeber what it was. >:( Just remember laughing and shouting out how cool that was.

Aliens sh** me - Emperor Palpatine (attributed)

Last edited by Shadey; 09-29-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Shadey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 07:23 PM   #98
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadey

My bro not figuering out that even using the disguise kit didn't stop the targetter still showing him as an enemy.

The rebel markswoman doesnt have the disguise kit in the full game or does it? If it is in please tell.

Sig encountering technical difficulties...
Evil Dark Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 09:47 PM   #99
Shadey

Sorry I should have said that the disguise kit was on the ps2 demo, everything else I mentioned was on the pc version.

Didn't mean to get your hopes up or anything :P

Quote:
Q: Is the Geonosian Starfighter still in?
I just found it an hour ago, inside the spire on the geonosis map.

Aliens sh** me - Emperor Palpatine (attributed)
Shadey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 05:53 AM   #100
Lord Jerec
Rookie

I love it when an Ewok flys past on a Speeder, its just so like the movies its unreal.

I love this game.

Leader of The Bearded Alliance (TBA) and soon-to-be ruler of the Galaxy!

WWW.THEBEARDEDALLIANCE.TK
Lord Jerec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 06:30 AM   #101
chrishaolin
Rookie

on hoth, returned and landed a damaged speeder to echo base, but i didnt turn it around.

a little bit after landing it, a bot jumped in and flew it straight into the back of the base right into a wall..

hehhe it was fairly amusing to watch that

feeling froggish? leap..
chrishaolin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 10:48 AM   #102
BigBlueBoo
Rookie

favourite moment? gotta be on the bespin platforms. I was being a rebel vanguard guy just standing at the furthest platform taking down ties when i hear darth vaders breath. Instictively i think, oh crap im dead but i look up and hes quite a way off. He's in the middle of a crowd of rebels and kills them all in three seconds. I thought, what the hell, and fired a rocket at him. He batted it away into a few more rebels (which looked so cool BTW) and started running at me. At this time im reloading so i switch to my puny blaster and start taking pot shots at him, he of course just bats them away. I decide to try blow him off the platform so i get out my rocket launcher, but being trigger-happy as i am, fire way too soon. The rocket goes flying up in the air, no where near him. As hes literally metres away a tie bomber falls from the sky, seeping him away off the platform. I like to think that i shot down the tie bomber but i very much doubt that i did.

Hello Mutter
BigBlueBoo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 05:31 PM   #103
AIVAS

My best moment so far would have to be on mos eisley in the clone wars. I quickly took the cantina command post by jetting over the building, and entering from the back, blasting away the droids, then jetted over to the round wall area, i believe it was called the hangar. I saw a whole bunch of SBD grouped by the commnd post on the boat thing, so I threw a det, which landed in the middle of them, and I kid you not: They all turned to face it, and just stood there watching until it exploded, killing them all.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
AIVAS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 08:55 PM   #104
thejeditraitor

last night on endor i shot a stormtrooper in the bushes and it looked just like the movie.

aivas
love the sig man, awesome!
Old 09-30-2004, 09:07 PM   #105
whitedarthvadr
Lurker

stats

where can i find my stats

chris
whitedarthvadr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 06:21 AM   #106
MrGrinch88
Lurker

I was at the Kashyyk Docks level as Imp, so i respawn at the beach. I was the Scout, so i go to prone and aim mode, and there are four rebels all lined up with my crosshairs, so i shoot four times, scoring head shots with all of them

YESS!

"Lucky for leaders, men do not think"
-Adolf Hitler
MrGrinch88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 07:00 AM   #107
Skellington

Have no idea if the AI did this intentionally or not, but there WAS a very cool moment while I was playing rebs vs imps on Naboo plains. I was playing as a stormie, and came running towards one of the outlying control points, which was held by the rebs. Didn't see anyone around, and didn't bother looking at the map. I ran for the CP, and all of a sudden I'm getting shot from all over, and from close range. Spinning around, I see maybe 6 rebel snipers starting to STAND UP. They had been lying prone, and were TOTALLY conceled in the tall grass! Twas DAMN cool, though, needless to say I was cut down pretty fast.
Skellington is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 04:07 PM   #108
ShadowMarth03
Rookie

A big pile of jedi fighters that I worked so hard to create.
PS, aivas, I read that article in discover (I think, maybe popular science) as well, really interesting.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:18 PM   #109
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
Today I was playing Geonosis and I stayed in a Gunship whole game and in the end I got 65 kills. My new record. Anyone else got higher? I didnt die either.
Hmm, I've got 73 kills once
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 04:23 PM   #110
sup3rsnail
Rookie

Coolest gameplay moment for me was seeing that sleek uninstall screen...
sup3rsnail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 05:02 PM   #111
Cpt. Bannon

best gameplay moment...planting an atat infront of the rebel hangar and watching the troops swarm the helpless rebels because they couldnt use their speeders. also, bespin platforms - sniping troops with the AA gun

and the wookies are awful pilots of snowspeeders and another thing...heros make good personal shields

Last edited by Cpt. Bannon; 10-01-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Cpt. Bannon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 09:40 PM   #112
emissman
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon
...planting an atat infront of the rebel hangar and watching the troops swarm the helpless rebels because they couldnt use their speeders.
I like that idea!
emissman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 03:43 AM   #113
maxloef
Rookie

It has to be that 1 time on geonosis when i was republic, i stole a geonosian fighter and i flew under a spider droid and survived after that i became a stunt fighter
maxloef is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 05:20 AM   #114
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

My coolest moment was actually a coolest session, in wich i never died once, stayed in my AAT all game long, and ended with a 'Public enemy' award of 151.

Needless to say, my faction won. Big time.

EDIT: or the time we deprived them of their last reinforcement point at the moment the victory countdown (on our side) got to 0.

Double owned!
Doomie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 08:50 AM   #115
klouie316
Rookie

On Kamino, i started as a droideka, i rolled to the doorway of the clone center. I unrolled and put my shield on. I killed like 15-20 before i died. It was like a massacre
klouie316 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #116
sneakypunk
Lurker

well my good times deal with land mines how wow I can ryme also love the scout bot for the snipers lol bombing from the air thats always fun

Look out behind you
sneakypunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 10:09 AM   #117
Jaden Malip

On the Kashyyyk dock, I blew up a spider droid and a piece of it was staying in the air. That was cool.

Also, on Rhen Var harbour I was in an AT-AT and got like, 50 kills. Damn Rebels. Ganging up on me.
Jaden Malip is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #118
Ae0N

On Endor, I was an Imperial sniper on a speeder bike. I was going as fast as I could through the forest, when someone threw a grenade which distracted me and I ran into a tree just as the nade blew up.

Reminded me of the scene from the movie, I'm sure anyone who saw me laughed. haha
Ae0N is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 08:28 PM   #119
JawaJoey
Forumite

Rhen Var Harbor, imperial pilot, AT-AT, 73 kills. And that's minus the 17 teammates I accidentally smushed.

NEW: This happened just now.
I was on geonosis, messing around mostly, not really playing. I get in a gunship and start manning all the positions by myself. After a bit of this, I get bored and decide to get out. At the time I was about 30 feet above the ground. I fall out of the ship and land on the ground, with just a sliver of health left. I think "Oh my gosh i can't beleive I survived that. Hmm... wait a second.". Then I looked up, and in a beautiful masterpiece of comedic timing, the ship gently tumbles from the air and lands directly on top of me.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.

Last edited by JawaJoey; 10-02-2004 at 09:10 PM.
JawaJoey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2004, 01:15 PM   #120
roger roger
Lurker

Thats brilliant

My coolest battlefront moment has to be takin out on AT-AT with the tow cable. It was the most beautiful thing I'v ever seen.
roger roger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Your Coolest SWB Gameplay Moment