lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Admin Tool etc?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-22-2004, 04:24 AM   #1
spinalsoup
Lurker

Question Black Bags Ops + Battlecraft = Love?

How about you guys at Lucasarts as quick as game-company-possible direct resources towards BlackBagOps to create an admin-tool for Battlecraft?
They have the know-how. You have a complete lack

Last edited by spinalsoup; 09-22-2004 at 07:30 AM.
spinalsoup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 04:25 AM   #2
{DeV}Plasma
Rookie

i agree. BBO would be a good manager for SWBF

{DeV}Battlefront Server

Ventrilo
64.246.48.71:3200

www.thedevastation.com
{DeV}Plasma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
avonnied
Rookie

i agree..

But right now we just need basic admin functions like kicking/banning/ etc.. before we need a server manager..
avonnied is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #4
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Re: Black Bags Ops + Battlecraft = Love?

Quote:
Originally posted by spinalsoup
How about you guys at Lucasarts as quick as game-company-possible direct resources towards BlackBagOps to create an admin-tool for Battlecraft?
They have the know-how. You have a complete lack
Would they listen to someone who doesn't even know the name of the game?

they just need to release some tools. Even though i think it would have some good points, i dont dare to think about the bad things

Poor Jedi Academy, died so young

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #5
[RNGD]Tyrant
Rookie

RE: BBO
not going to happen

Pandemic/LEC better release better admin hosting tools and player browser/joining patches this week, or I am afraid that admins and players will just get too frustrated and this game will die like previous LEC titles.

the irony is that that game was built to be multiplayer, and built to emulate a PC game (Battlfield)....get the PC MP game is the most frustrating and troulbed part of this game.
[RNGD]Tyrant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 03:53 PM   #6
GoodVillain
Lurker

Hi I am a programmer and I have done some work in online games such as Loradon Online. http://loradon.com

If it helps any I have been programming a little enhancement for the current server.

Its a smaller and easy to use GUI but it allows you to run the server from the system tray, run as many sessions as you want, surpass limits such as player limits, bandwidth limits and several others, and it makes the server less bulky, thus making it faster.

I also am working on cracking the current server to figure out how to drop players connections from the server which will be useful for banning/kicking. I will figure out how to do some other goodys too.

I dont know exactly when this will be released but I hope to have a beta released sometime next week.

So have some hope. Im pretty sure third party tools by other programmers are coming pretty soon.

Hey
GoodVillain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 04:00 PM   #7
[RNGD]Tyrant
Rookie

if you did such a thing it would be a godsend.

are you planning on making it with a remote version as well, so that people can manage the server from their home pcs?

if you need any betatesters or feedbak just let me know
[RNGD]Tyrant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 04:08 PM   #8
GoodVillain
Lurker

Thanks but I will most likely release it open beta.

Right now I am packet spying one of my servers. I have it monitoring packets sent to the server and I am trying to gather as much information as I can. I want to figure out the join packets, get the name and IP of the player, and then get a little control. So if I want to kick them it will just block there IP and they will time out from the server. I can do a ban method too like this too. I have plans of making a pretty nice tool to do all this.

The remote admin tool for multiple admins is a great idea and I will consider it.

Hey
Old 09-27-2004, 06:14 PM   #9
GoodVillain
Lurker

Also I am coding this for the PS2 version. I do not own the PC version and I doubt I will ever own it. So a PC port is unknown at this time.

Hey
Old 09-27-2004, 10:57 PM   #10
frayedends
Rookie

The server responds to gamespy protocol already. Qstat (www.qstat.org) works to query the server just fine.

I also saw a post by Kevin Lockett @ BBO on one of our mailing lists that said he wasn't interested in doing an admin tool for this game. I don't blame him, either.

Michigan Burbs Public Gaming - www.michiganburbs.com
BF1942 - BF:Vietnam - RTCW-Enemy Territory - Jedi Academy
Upcoming: SW:Battlefront (cancelled) - Battlefield2 (Spring 2005)
frayedends is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 12:56 AM   #11
[BBO]Kevlar
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by frayedends
I also saw a post by Kevin Lockett @ BBO on one of our mailing lists that said he wasn't interested in doing an admin tool for this game. I don't blame him, either.
I could be persuaded to put something together for SWBF. I am available for contract work from the middle of Nov to the end of Feb 2005 which is enough time with the right developer support. Feel free to pass this information on to Pandemic. My contact details are here.

[BBO]Kevlar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 09:41 AM   #12
frayedends
Rookie

hehe!

/me hands Kev a check.

Old 10-03-2004, 05:33 AM   #13
[BBO]Kevlar
Lurker

I'm told that SWBF does not have any kind of RCON system which rules out a BBO server manager for the moment. If Pandemic add a remote console system in the future it may be possible to do this then.

[BBO]Kevlar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #14
frayedends
Rookie

well, if we want to get 'technical', it really doesn't have a dedicated server either

hopefully they'll get things rectified, and join the authoritative list, and we can get the GSP/hosting/management issues settled

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Server Administration > Admin Tool etc?