lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #81
sketch42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Oddball_E8
Ive downloaded it and installed it, but got the fright of my life when i realized that i couldnt choose where to install...
thing is, i have a couple of "modded mods" in my override folder... and if one of them is overwritten by the installer id be mightily p*ssed off...

what i usually do with mods using installers is install it to "my documents" and just copy/paste the files... that way i can check that nothing is overwritten... me is not happy now...

please... next time you do something with an installer... give us an option to choose where to install...
why not just move your override folder to My Documets and make a New folder called Override and install this mod .. than do the compare thing???

btw this is well worth the installation

sketch42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #82
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Ive downloaded it and installed it, but got the fright of my life when i realized that i couldnt choose where to install...
thing is, i have a couple of "modded mods" in my override folder... and if one of them is overwritten by the installer id be mightily p*ssed off...

what i usually do with mods using installers is install it to "my documents" and just copy/paste the files... that way i can check that nothing is overwritten... me is not happy now...
The installer puts the files where they need to go without asking for anything from the user because people consistantly have had problems installing this kind of mod on their own, and if it did what you requested it would completely defeat the purpose of the installer.

The only file in your override which could be used in other new area/recruit mods is the global.jrl file, but then all you would just need to do is use the newest compatable one, from a mod you already had downloaded, I know all of Xavier2's are likely compatable.
Quote:
please... next time you do something with an installer... give us an option to choose where to install...
Sorry... can't do that... as I didn't make the installer Fred Tetra did, and he saved me a ton of headaches too, I personally don't know anything from installers. Also as I said above that would defeat the purpose of the installer.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2005, 02:49 AM   #83
Oddball_E8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke

The only file in your override which could be used in other new area/recruit mods is the global.jrl file, but then all you would just need to do is use the newest compatable one, from a mod you already had downloaded, I know all of Xavier2's are likely compatable.
thank you for the info... maby you could include what files are in the mod in future readmes?

im very happy nothing got overwritten (well... cept global.jrl since i also installed your tatooine mod).

very nice mod by the way... didnt dare try to go everywhere since my current character is only level 11, but ill explore soon enough...

oh and as for defeating the purpose of the mod... not everyone uses the standard installation path you know...
Oddball_E8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #84
Darth Smaug
Veteran

damn!! nice work redhawke !!

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #85
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
thank you for the info... maby you could include what files are in the mod in future readmes?
Nope, can't do that because there will be no further future readmes for this mod.

Also personally, I don't really see a point in listing a mods contained files... that is kind of silly to me. Some KOTOR mods simply cannot do this anyway... waaay too many files.
Quote:
oh and as for defeating the purpose of the mod... not everyone uses the standard installation path you know...
Yes it would defeat the purpose...

Fred Tetra Made the installer so it auto detects where you installed KOTOR to, very cool I might add. The very purpose of the installer is to put the right files in their correct places without asking for anything from the user, to do otherwise clearly defeats the purpose of the installer, if you could tell it to install files in other places then here would come all the n00b PM's about my mod not working because it didn't install correctly...

As the mod maker I say nay to that option!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 02-18-2005, 06:42 PM   #86
sherlockemery
Rookie

Hey guys,

I had a question. I notice that there is a kmm file with this mod, and I use that particular handy tool. My question is will kmm put the proper files into the override folder. I've been out of the loop in this game for awhile, and if my memory serves me right, kmm wouldn't put files into the override folder.

Just curious!
sherlockemery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #87
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
KMM is KOTOR Mod Manger, it is made to put a KOTOR Mods files into a users KOTOR\override or wherever the mod maker denotes that a file should go!

Old 02-20-2005, 01:32 PM   #88
sherlockemery
Rookie

Jeez, I'm a idiot . Not because I don't know what KMM does, but because in my previous post I meant the modules folder, not override. I know it puts the files into the override, and just typed in the wrong thing. I'm a idiot....

But my (corrected) question is will the latest version of KMM put the information into the modules folder? From what I remember, previous versions of it won't do that.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #89
cchargin
chown -R cchargin /plans/deathstar/*

Forum Veteran Notable contributor 
Hello,

KMM has always been able to put files anywhere under the main kotor (and now kotor 2) directory.

By design it can not copy or delete files above the main kotor directory, but anything under is fine.
cchargin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #90
sherlockemery
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by cchargin
Hello,

KMM has always been able to put files anywhere under the main kotor (and now kotor 2) directory.

By design it can not copy or delete files above the main kotor directory, but anything under is fine.
Check out one of my replies to the Exar Kun thread found here
where Darth333 corrects me for being wrong in my assumption that KMM would put files into the Modules folder. I have tried some adding/removing and checking to see if files were transferred by KMM for this mod, and they are (including the Module folder files). However, for the Exar Kun mod, they were not transferred. I'm guessing it's because of my version of the KMM file for the EKun mod.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:10 PM   #91
cchargin
chown -R cchargin /plans/deathstar/*

Forum Veteran Notable contributor 
Hello,

If a mod file is not going in the right place it is due to one of the following:
1) the .kmm file that came with the mod puts the file in the wrong place. Please notify the mod creator.
2) the .kmm file has been damaged
3) a mod that did not have a .kmm file was added to KMM and the user did not redirect the particular file in the "add mod" screen.

If the file is still not going to the right place please look at the command prompt that opens up with KMM and look for an error, copy it, and send it to me.
cchargin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #92
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by sherlockemery
Check out one of my replies to the Exar Kun thread found here
where Darth333 corrects me for being wrong in my assumption that KMM would put files into the Modules folder. I have tried some adding/removing and checking to see if files were transferred by KMM for this mod, and they are (including the Module folder files). However, for the Exar Kun mod, they were not transferred. I'm guessing it's because of my version of the KMM file for the EKun mod.
KMM does not automatically decide which folder a certain file is supposed to go into. That has to be set by either the mods author or if you are creating the KMM for a mod by you. Many of the early mods either had this missed or forgotten in there creation. The easy way to fix this is choose delete mod in kmm then do an add mod option when it pops up the kmm details for the mod change the destination of the file and choose add & update KMM.

If a file does not belong in overide it has to be manually changed in the KMM management screen for the KMM when you create or update it.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #93
sherlockemery
Rookie

Well, it you guys were right that KMM does do the leg work, as long as the KMM file tells it where to put stuff. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but I'm quite happy to be wrong here, as it makes me a little smarter in how to mess around with this game!

Thanks for straightening me out!
Old 02-20-2005, 09:15 PM   #94
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by sherlockemery
Well, it you guys were right that KMM does do the leg work, as long as the KMM file tells it where to put stuff. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but I'm quite happy to be wrong here, as it makes me a little smarter in how to mess around with this game!

Thanks for straightening me out!
Hardly ever am I wrong, just my aproach.

But glad to be of service.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #95
Bastion
Lurker

Has anyone ever encounterd this problem? I installed the ord mandel mod into overide and it asked me to overwrite the global.jrl file from the jawa shop mod. I was not sure what this was so i said no however the mod seemed to work fine except for that male republic soldiers were invisible now everytime i enter an area where a male republic soldier is in a cutscene the game crashes can anyone shed some lighht on this?
Bastion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 08:10 PM   #96
sherlockemery
Rookie

Do you have any other mods installed besides this one?
Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 PM   #97
Bastion
Lurker

none that should interfere with this mod and none that have caused this to happen... I have currently active....

Easy swoop
the jedi training arena mod
holowanacademy
purchasing a droid mod
Exar Kuns tomb mod
the padawan mod that allows you to play a jedi from the start and the roleplaying mod that expands on that story
a force/hp regen mod
and a mod that allows you to wear armor and use force powers

I also had redhawkes jawa shop mod and the ord mandel mod on but i deactivated both of these after the problem started
so can you help me based on this? I posted another topic entitled ord mandel trouble that elaborates more on the problem if you need more information. if you can tell me what the problem is i would be greatful and if you could tell me how to fix it i would be extremely grateful
Bastion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #98
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally posted by Bastion
none that should interfere with this mod and none that have caused this to happen... I have currently active....

Easy swoop
the jedi training arena mod
holowanacademy
purchasing a droid mod
Exar Kuns tomb mod
the padawan mod that allows you to play a jedi from the start and the roleplaying mod that expands on that story
a force/hp regen mod
and a mod that allows you to wear armor and use force powers
Any of these mods use an edited appearance.2da file... check your override for one. If one of these mods has an appearance.2da, I would take a long look at this mod... the problem you are having sounds appearance.2da related to me, having an invisible NPC (Male Republic Soldier) screwing with your cutscenes.

Also none of my new area mods files are accessable outside of their modules, meaning the game only reads those files when you are actually in the new area. So, logically, they can't be causing this problem... note, I said "logically"

Or check your override for any .utc files, look for ones that have n_republicsoldier or the like in their names. I have seen .utc files that have been used that broke cutscenes later on in the game.

Only my Jawa shop uses a .utc file, for the Jawa at the door, and it is uniquely named and tagged to avoid any cutscene problems.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bastion
I also had redhawkes jawa shop mod and the ord mandel mod on but i deactivated both of these after the problem started
so can you help me based on this? I posted another topic entitled ord mandel trouble that elaborates more on the problem if you need more information. if you can tell me what the problem is i would be greatful and if you could tell me how to fix it i would be extremely grateful
Read my post in that thread...

Old 08-10-2005, 08:49 AM   #99
Quickshot14
Rookie

Hello redhawke,

First let me introduce my self, my names Quickshot14 i'm an avid gamer/modder. I 'finnlay' got my hands on kotor and played/finshed it and now i'm taking the next step and modding it. I'm still learning but I do have some experince with nwn modding. Granted without the toolset it's a bit harder/diffrent but it has helped geting me to get more 'comfertiable' with kotor modding.

Now on to my question, first i love your ord mandell mod. Great mod and i'm using it as a steping stone for my first mod. To give you a basic idea of what i'm doing i'm enhancing/adding to what you already have. Of course when I release the mod I will give you full credit. But i'm running into somewhat of a problem or at least a hinderence. I know I saw mentioned in a few other posts (making merchants) that ord mandell is suppsoed to include the source scripts (for the modules and the overrides I assume) problem is I have checked all the .mod files and everything installed in your latest version and found nothing. I've double check your site and the modfiles you link to and still nothing.

I'm asking if i'm missing something or a place they may be or if in your last/latest build you forgot to include them or if they can be gotten from someplace else or what? *heh* having those source will not only help me learn of course but will also make any modfications/changes a make easier since I won't have to rebuild some of the script files. (witch i have already done in one case so far) Unfrounrtly I can't read byte code as many can't and don't really want to take the time too. So any help in this would be appricated.

As for the mod i'm working on i'll gladly givey you more info about it and hopefully have a real post up sometime soon. Thanks again for the great mod and I enjoy you do great work. I look forward to modding yet another great game and making more contributions Thanks.

Quickshot14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #100
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Nemo
I believe you when you say it is called the Creamy Middle. In a bunch of the Bioware scripts I have looked through, they have odd comments. One of them says something along the lines of "This is a hacked together piece of crap. Do not use unless nessecary" or something like that, and another one said that they noticed a problem when it was too late to try and change, but said that you would get over it. I wonder if Kotor 2 will have such humor in it.
I believe that was the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwscript.nss / P. Watamaniuk
// 771. YavinHackCloseDoor
// This is an incredibly hacky function to allow the doors to be properly
// closed on Yavin without running into the problems we've had. It is too
// late in development to fix it correctly, so thus we do this. Life is
// hard. You'll get over it.
void YavinHackCloseDoor( object oidDoor );
K2 doesn't seem to have it though, it's mostly things from BioWare, plus 'DJS-OEI' comments.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #101
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
Er'... jmac you are replying to a post near a year old? Capt-Nemo posted that on 11-01-2004.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshot14
To give you a basic idea of what i'm doing i'm enhancing/adding to what you already have. Of course when I release the mod I will give you full credit.

As for the mod i'm working on i'll gladly givey you more info about it and hopefully have a real post up sometime soon.
This is something I am quite uncomfortable with, ORD Mandell is (for lack of a better term) my baby, and is one of the mods I will not endorse others altering in any way for release or distribution... sorry. You are not the first person to ask this BTW.

While I do realise a negative response is something that you likely didn't want to recieve, I really do want encourage you to feel free to start your own new planet mod, and thusly choose your own combination of pre-existing game modules, Placeables, NPC's, Quests, Dialogues, and Story to include in it...

I just do not want the ORD Mandell mod to be added-to or altered by another modder for any sort of release. I hope you can understand.

Quote:
But i'm running into somewhat of a problem or at least a hinderence. I know I saw mentioned in a few other posts (making merchants) that ord mandell is suppsoed to include the source scripts (for the modules and the overrides I assume) problem is I have checked all the .mod files and everything installed in your latest version and found nothing. I've double check your site and the modfiles you link to and still nothing.

I'm asking if i'm missing something or a place they may be or if in your last/latest build you forgot to include them or if they can be gotten from someplace else or what? *heh* having those source will not only help me learn of course but will also make any modfications/changes a make easier since I won't have to rebuild some of the script files. (witch i have already done in one case so far) Unfrounrtly I can't read byte code as many can't and don't really want to take the time too. So any help in this would be appricated.
Hmm... strange... I just looked for them and I see I don't have them anymore... somewhere along the lines they have dissappeared, probably when I transferred my files to my new PC... drat!

But the merchant scripts are quite similar to the one posted in the Creating Merchants tutorial, or you can download my Rodian Elder Merchant Mod and a source script for a merchant is in there as well. I hope this helps!

Quote:
Thanks again for the great mod and I enjoy you do great work. I look forward to modding yet another great game and making more contributions Thanks.
You are welcome!

EDIT: Saved! Download the version of ORD Mandell from PCGameMods as it has the merchant source scripts in it. @ Thanks ChAiNz I will post the link on my site as well as the first post in this thread!

Last edited by RedHawke; 08-11-2005 at 03:04 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:36 AM   #102
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Hmm... strange... I just looked for them and I see I don't have them anymore... somewhere along the lines they have dissappeared, probably when I transferred my files to my new PC... drat!
Hey RedHawke!
I have the previous version of Ord Mandell (without the .exe install) in my archives. It has the source scripts

I'll PM you a link, then you can decide whom gets your source

No offense to anyone, but seeing as it's Red's mod, it should be his decision, not mine, as to how to distribute them

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 09:00 AM   #103
Quickshot14
Rookie

First of all let me thank you for responding quicker then I expected redhawke, I know how things can get with old posts like this

Quote:
This is something I am quite uncomfortable with, ORD Mandell is (for lack of a better term) my baby, and is one of the mods I will not endorse others altering in any way for release or distribution... sorry. You are not the first person to ask this BTW.

While I do realise a negative response is something that you likely didn't want to recieve, I really do want encourage you to feel free to start your own new planet mod, and thusly choose your own combination of pre-existing game modules, Placeables, NPC's, Quests, Dialogues, and Story to include in it...

I just do not want the ORD Mandell mod to be added-to or altered by another modder for any sort of release. I hope you can understand.
This is unfourtante and throws a bit of a wrench in my plans. While I do not agree with such things (ie i think it pointless to make a mod release it and tell others not to mess with it, kind of negates the whole point of modding in my opinon) As a fellow modder and someone new to this modding community I will respect your wishs and dis-continue my modfications of your mod.

Thankfully I am still in the rather early stages so moving/changing what I have done to a new planet shouldn't be too hard. Also since I do like your mod I will try to make my new one as compatible with it as possible. As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.

Again while I don't agree with your logic on the matter I do understand and will respect your wishs and will dis-continue to moddfied/add/enchance to your ord mandell mod. This of course means more work for me ahh joy but in the long run it may work out better guess we shall see. Thanks for your help thus far regardless and hopefully i'll have somekind of real post when I have substansle progresss. Thanks.

OFF TOPIC BTW @ Chainz.2da: Love the laughing man avatar very nice

Quickshot14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #104
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Also since I do like your mod I will try to make my new one as compatible with it as possible. As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.
I understand Redhawke's refusal and I see it as good thing too: we'll have a brand new area mod

If you need some script samples or need help with anything, just post your questions on the boards and we will be happy to help you

Welcome to the forums Quickshot14!
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 10:51 PM   #105
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
First of all let me thank you for responding quicker then I expected redhawke, I know how things can get with old posts like this

Quote:
This is unfourtante and throws a bit of a wrench in my plans.
Sorry about that!

Quote:
As a fellow modder and someone new to this modding community I will respect your wishs and dis-continue my modfications of your mod.
I thank you! While you don't understand why now, I'm sure you will when your project is completed.

Quote:
As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.
If I find any more of the scripts I will post the source files here in this thread so everyone will have them... that is if I can find them in my backup disks, somewhere. The galaxy map one would be the most important.

In the interim you mught want to look at the following threads this one, and this one.

Lastly, as Darth333 said welcome to the forums Quickshot14!

EDIT: Found the k_pebn_galaxy.nss source I used...
Code:
//:: k_pebn_galaxy
/*
    Brings up the galaxy map with
    the current planet selected
    Planetary.2DA indexes should be
    used instead of PLANET_ constants

0          Endar_Spire
1          Taris
2          Dantooine
3          Kashyyyk
4          Manaan
5          Korriban
6          Tatooine
7          Leviathan
8          Unknown_World
9          Star_Forge

Modifications by Peter T.
    When the player uses the galaxy map and only Dantooine
    is available (i.e. after Taris, but before being given
    the main quest),

*/
//:: Created By: Preston Watamaniuk
//:: Modified By: Peter Thomas 11/03/03
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_debug"
#include "k_inc_ebonhawk"

void main()
{
    Db_PostString("Running v3.0", 5, 5, 3.0);
    int nPlanet = EBO_GetCurrentPlanet();
    if(nPlanet == -1)
    {
        nPlanet == PLANET_DANTOOINE;
    }

//Datooine
    int nMain = GetGlobalNumber("K_KOTOR_MASTER");
    if(nMain == 10)
    {
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE); //DAT
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE);
        //SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE); //TARIS DESTROYED
        //SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TARIS, FALSE);
        // Peter T. 11/03/03
        // add journal entry about the Ebon Hawk
        //AddJournalQuestEntry("k_ebonhawk", 1);
    }

//Creamy Middle
    if(nMain == 15)
    {
        //SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE); //TARIS DESTROYED
        //SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TARIS, FALSE);
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE); //KAS
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE); //MAN
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE); //KOR
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE); //TAT
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE);
	//This is where you add your new planet call... for the normal game.
	SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);// ORD Mandell
	SetPlanetSelectable(15, TRUE);

//MODIFIED by Preston Watamaniuk on May 10, 2003
        //Putting in the scripting for the live content packages
        //MODIFIED by Preston Watamaniuk on Oct 14, 2003
        //Moved this from the top of the script to the Creamy Middle Activation
        if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG1))
        {
            SetPlanetAvailable(11, TRUE);
            SetPlanetSelectable(11, TRUE);
        }
        else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG2))
        {
            SetPlanetAvailable(12, TRUE);
            SetPlanetSelectable(12, TRUE);
        }
        else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG3))
        {
            SetPlanetAvailable(13, TRUE);
            SetPlanetSelectable(13, TRUE);
        }
        else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG4))
        {
            SetPlanetAvailable(14, TRUE);
            SetPlanetSelectable(14, TRUE);
        }
        else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG5))
        {
            SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);
        }
        else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG6))
        {
            SetPlanetAvailable(16, TRUE);
            SetPlanetSelectable(16, TRUE);
        }

// Peter T. 11/03/03
        // remove the journal entry about the Ebon Hawk
        Db_PostString("journal removed");
        RemoveJournalQuestEntry("k_ebonhawk");
    }

//Dantooine Destroyed
    if(nMain == 20)
    {
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, FALSE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE); //KAS
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE); //MAN
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE); //KOR
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE); //TAT
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE);
	//This is where you add your new planet call... after Leviathan.
	SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);// ORD Mandell
    }

//Unknown World
    if(nMain == 30)
    {
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, TRUE);
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, TRUE);
    }

//Star Forge
    if(nMain == 50)
    {
        //P.W. (June 8) - When the Star Forge Opens up all the live planets are 

gone.
        if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG1))
        {
            Db_MyPrintString("GALAXY MAP DEBUG ********************** Live Planet 1 

is now unselectable");
            SetPlanetSelectable(11, FALSE);
        }
        if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG2))
        {
            SetPlanetSelectable(12, FALSE);
        }
        if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG3))
        {
            SetPlanetSelectable(13, FALSE);
        }
        if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG4))
        {
            SetPlanetSelectable(14, FALSE);
        }
        if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG5))
        {
            SetPlanetSelectable(15, FALSE);
        }
        if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG6))
        {
            SetPlanetSelectable(16, FALSE);
        }
        SetPlanetSelectable(15, FALSE); //Removes Ord Mandell on Unknown World
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, FALSE);
        SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, TRUE);
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, TRUE);
    }
    if(nMain == 60)
    {
        SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, FALSE);
        return;
    }
    //SetPlanetAvailable(12, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetAvailable(13, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetAvailable(14, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetAvailable(16, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetSelectable(12, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetSelectable(13, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetSelectable(14, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetSelectable(15, TRUE);
    //SetPlanetSelectable(16, TRUE);
    ShowGalaxyMap(nPlanet);
}

Last edited by RedHawke; 01-22-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:28 PM   #106
rgdelta

BTW this has nothing to do with Ord Mandall mod but I am doing a big mod a extension on the darkside ending including new planets and other stuff but my question is as long as I give you credit do you have any problem with me using the art from your items/sabers/armor/weapons pack. I am art challanged and suck at actual artwork and I like your items but for my use are a little overpowered or not exactly what I want but I really would like to use the art work. I will give anyone who's mods/art I use in my mod full credit with no doubt.

BTW I am new to the community and quickshot14 is my RL brother.
rgdelta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #107
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Sorry to bump an old thread.

In the Readme it say for characters 14+ plus. My character is 15th and my NPCs are 13th. The droids are a good fight yet I cannot kill a single Manalorean by himself without pumping up my stats to insane levels.
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2005, 11:13 PM   #108
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arátoeldar
In the Readme it say for characters 14+ plus. My character is 15th and my NPCs are 13th. The droids are a good fight yet I cannot kill a single Manalorean by himself without pumping up my stats to insane levels.
Honestly, because there are so many possible character builds and item combinations, what I wrote is just a general guideline for the level required to play this mod, nothing more... sorry!

You see, there was a general consensus that the game was "too easy" so I made a part that was anything but... it is surprising what you can do by simply giving NPC's good stats, some good equipment, and maxing out their HP, huh?

Old 12-17-2005, 12:15 AM   #109
Nodakrattler

Quote:
Honestly, because there are so many possible character builds and item combinations, what I wrote is just a general guideline for the level required to play this mod, nothing more... sorry!

You see, there was a general consensus that the game was "too easy" so I made a part that was anything but... it is surprising what you can do by simply giving NPC's good stats, some good equipment, and maxing out their HP, huh?
I'll say I just went through it with a level 16 pure gaurdian w/ Jolee and Bastilla and almost got whupped a few times.

Through this world we fight for good or for evil it does not matter. In the end all that really matters is that we choose and go forth.
Nodakrattler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 AM   #110
SophiaM
Lurker

This mod absolutely rules. it's a wonder why LA hasn't released their own updates with content like this, it would make playing the game again more enjoyable.
*muchos kudos*

SophiaM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #111
krelm
Lurker

Hi, sorry for replying to such an old topic but i have a couple of questions about this mod.

First of all i went there after my first planet, i was level 14 and most of my party were level 12. Suffice to say i got demolished by Zax and his crew though i did manage to take down 2 of them. Their loot contained 2 very powerful vibroblades that almost doubles my melee equipped characters damage.

Just wondering if this mod is balanced for a normal game or should it be used with this hardcore mod i have read about. It just seemed to me that by using these items i would be overpowering my characters.

Also by visiting ORD Mandell does that add to the number of planets you have visited. If i remember correctly the Yavin stations inventory changes after you have been to a certain number of planets, just wondering if ORD Mandell contributes to this, unless i am mistaken (could be the maps that trigger new inventory i cant remember)
krelm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #112
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelm
First of all i went there after my first planet, i was level 14 and most of my party were level 12. Suffice to say i got demolished by Zax and his crew though i did manage to take down 2 of them. Their loot contained 2 very powerful vibroblades that almost doubles my melee equipped characters damage.
Yup, the game really changes when you get the really nice equipment in the game used on your party for a change huh?

Quote:
Just wondering if this mod is balanced for a normal game or should it be used with this hardcore mod i have read about. It just seemed to me that by using these items i would be overpowering my characters.
Read my response a couple posts up about the difficulty of this mod... Post #108

If you add the Hardcore Mod to your game you will increase the difficulty of the game so if you find it very nasty now... well, it'll become worse.

Quote:
Also by visiting ORD Mandell does that add to the number of planets you have visited. If i remember correctly the Yavin stations inventory changes after you have been to a certain number of planets, just wondering if ORD Mandell contributes to this, unless i am mistaken (could be the maps that trigger new inventory i cant remember)
No, this mod doesn't count against certain game progressions like Suvam Tan's invantory, so only the standard game planets will do this.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #113
krelm
Lurker

Quote:
Yup, the game really changes when you get the really nice equipment in the game used on your party for a change huh?

Read my response a couple posts up about the difficulty of this mod... Post #108

If you add the Hardcore Mod to your game you will increase the difficulty of the game so if you find it very nasty now... well, it'll become worse.

No, this mod doesn't count against certain game progressions like Suvam Tan's invantory, so only the standard game planets will do this.
Thanks for the info.

I returned to ORD Mandell later on at level 17 and i still got whooped by Zax hehe, he is one tough mother. Though i have yet to kit myself out with some of the better items you can buy so im sure that will help. Once/if ive managed to beat the area ill come back and post what i thought about it, but i think its safe to say this mod rocks! Nice work.
krelm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2006, 04:48 AM   #114
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Mod Update, Version 1.2 Available: I was browsing some of my old Backup CD's seeing what mods I have for any possible PCGameMods Rescue Effort and I found some work that Kaspian did for ORD Mandell in enabling the Rapid Transit System, around the time he wrote up a tutorial for this, I thought this zip was one of the things I lost when I switched PC's.

So I have repacked the mod with his changes he sent me, long ago. It worked wonderfully in my test run.

So with a big thanks to Kaspian... ORD Mandell now has Rapid Transit. Better Late than never eh?

Also I am currently sketching out a few things to possibly spice up the pre-existing modules and possibly add some of the scrapped content ideas I had back into this mod... a Hutt with some planet-spanning Bounty Contract 'Quests' was one of the things, along with a couple other quests, one for the Rodian Janitor and one for the Twilek Mechanic, and possibly some other surprises.

I'll keep people posted on when, or if, I start this in earnest. Right now it is on the back burner until I get some more free time.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #115
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Very nice RedHawke. The add content sounds sweet.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #116
Lit Ridl

Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!
I have made changes in dialog.tlk as Red Hawke said (42505 - name, 42511 - description). When I load my Galaxy map I saw clear name and description. What is the problem???
I don't see name and description!
Lit Ridl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 04:23 AM   #117
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
I never got it to work either, so I just gave up and left it blank.

I didn't want to release a mod that messed with dialog.tlk anyway.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:38 AM   #118
Lit Ridl

So, description/name for Live Planet is impossibe???
I have made some planets too, they don't have description/name too.
Strange...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #119
Kaspian
Rookie

I'm glad it helped you RedHawke :o) Great job

I will look at the planet's description at the evening. I know it is possible to change planet's name for map and load game GUIs with help of *.are file. Edit: I mean orientation map, not the Galaxy map

Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets.

Last edited by Kaspian; 07-28-2006 at 04:15 AM.
Kaspian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #120
Lit Ridl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspian
I'm glad it helped you RedHawke ) Great job

I will look at the planet's description at the evening. I know it is possible to change planet's name for map and load game GUIs with help of *.are file.

Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets.
Wow,wow, wow, wait!!!
Aren't *.are files for module creating? They are, but you said...
And what do you mean under
"Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets"
What does it mean???
Thank you Kaspian for going to help!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)