lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #161
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Mod note: I've cleared out a long exchange from this thread that didn't have much to do with the topic. If you feel the need to continue that discussion please do so in a more suitable place, like via PMs.

Back to the topic at hand please: Redhawke's Ord Mandell mod.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #162
rev500d2
Lurker

Thumbs up Thank you!

This mod is great! I'm FINALLY getting around to playing KOTOR for the 1st time (yeah I know it's super old news to all of you already).

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work Redhawke, I've really been enjoying this, the Ebon Hawk Workbench, and many of your other mods. I'm happy to be getting my long neglected Star Wars fix!
rev500d2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #163
Mindtwistah

Wow, loved this mod! The best planet mod ever!!
All heil RedHawke
Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #164
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Smile Works for me at least, after Unknown ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
[Insert Evil Laugh Here]

And I have no idea if the planet will become unavailable like the others do when you crash on the unknown world, I hope it does, but I have no idea if it really will, either way I would suggest once going to the unknown world, if the planet is still available, to avoid going to it, as I don't know what the effects on your savegame would be. If the planet is still available when you leave the unknown world, and you go to it, instead of the Star Forge like you are supposed to... you could mess up your save game so you do this at your own risk!!!

Enjoy!
Well just in case you still don't know; I've played a couple of times after the Unknown world and seems to work fine ... Ord Mandell doesn't even appear in the galaxy map (the planet icon, the other planets do appear as usual without names) ... so good news for this new planet.
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #165
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Problem leaving the crystal cave (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!)

Hello -

I have enjoyed playing this mod thru before, on a previous install of K1, on a previous computer. I have encountered an issue that I'm not sure how to deal with.

Specifically, this time through, I have wiped out the Mandalorians in the cave, and all of the malfunctioning droids. I kill Mr. Happy, collect the Fallen One's Robes (worth the price of admission right there ) and then discover the "hidden" cave.

Go thru, kill all the uber-kinrath, get all my crystals... and here's where I run into a problem.

I return back to the cave entrance/exit, and when I stroll through, I arrive in the Korriban cave, with a Tarentatek waiting for me, along with Shyracks.

Mod conflict? I do have the Korriban Crystal Cave mod installed, but that didn't stop me from entering the Ord Mandell crystal cave. I read in this thread a few pages up that a specific script, k34... was responsible for some issues with these two mods working together. I removed this script from my override, and still I cannot return to the Ord Mandell caves.

I haven't played through Korriban yet. Is that an issue?

Any help would be appreciated, RH - I am a big fan of your mods in general.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #166
Aurora Starfire
Veteran

Actually, when I played, I just removed the Korriban Crystal Cave .mod file from the module folder when I went to ORD Mandell, and put it back in after I left, and that fixed it for me.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins---
but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Aurora Starfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #167
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn
Any help would be appreciated, RH - I am a big fan of your mods in general.
I'm sorry qui_gon_glenn, as I do not have that Korriban Crystal Cave mod I can be of no assistance here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Also in all actuality it is up to whomever made the Korriban Crystal Cave mod to fix this issue IMHO. As they easily could use the TSL Patcher by Stoffe to solve this. Since my mod is already packed into modules I really can't do anything to fix this.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #168
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Well.... I apologize for my error.

I found that the offending script was not the one mentioned earlier in this thread, but a warp script... I was being sent to the incorrect crystal cave, due to the warp script in the korriban crystal cave mod.

I had forgotten the difficulties of your cave.... oh the horror

Thanks to your construction bench mod, I survived the encounter minus my PC. Thanks to KSE, your Mission as a Jedi Mod (Guardian this time, for a change), and Canderous sporting Custom Heavy Armor and the Custom Heavy Repeater, I made it through

Your mods are a great extension to the gameplay, RedHawke. I have been playing KotOR for a while now, and mods like yours make it enjoyable still.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #169
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn
Well.... I apologize for my error.
Nothing you need apologise for I assure you. Now the person who made the other Cave mod... well.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 06-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #170
Fredi
El Guapo

I need to say that I love this Mod ..... Thanks RedHawke for creating it !!!

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #171
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Wow! I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I love it! Never have I had a more difficult time in all of my KotOR experiences. How I wish the whole game was that hard and had as many enemies.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #172
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sparrow
Wow! I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I love it! Never have I had a more difficult time in all of my KotOR experiences. How I wish the whole game was that hard and had as many enemies.
You only just played it, Wow! It is pretty hard but there's nothing like a good challenge now is there? If you want a harder game you could get Shem's Kotor

Enhancements mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...om/file/;69389
or some hardcore mod:
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

to make the game harder! (Thought Ord Mandell was hard as is, try a harcore mod! )
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #173
correllian_thug
Rookie

i just got this mod, it is so cool! but really tough, all those mandalorians, i'll be replayin it for weeks now! great work!
correllian_thug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #174
Simon92
Rookie

OK It seems to be a great mod but I've encountered a problem; Whenever I try to exit the Ebon Hawk it goes to the loading screen but starts an autosave EVEN WHEN I've turned the Autosave function OFF. And it crashes about 1/6 of the way throught the autosave. Can anyone halp me/Give suggestions?

Click Above for SWL's KOTOR Mods
Simon92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #175
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Hmm... the only thing that I can think of that can cause that would be the module files not being present in the modules folder. Re-check the installation and make sure the files went to the right folders.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #176
Simon92
Rookie

Funny that because despite making sure numerous times that the files were in the modules section they weren't. Thanks Redhawke, and awesome mod. I was considering downloading it but Warren the Quarren really swung my decision to download it.

Click Above for SWL's KOTOR Mods
Simon92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #177
GarfieldJL
Banned

I like the mod but why did the lost one's robe have too look like Revan's robe, tbh I would have preferred a robe like the Qel Droma robes, because K1 has a tendency of making the long robes move and look like a dress and makes Revan look ridiculous.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM   #178
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I like the mod but why did the lost one's robe have too look like Revan's robe, tbh I would have preferred a robe like the Qel Droma robes, because K1 has a tendency of making the long robes move and look like a dress and makes Revan look ridiculous.
I don't agree, but everyone having a differing opinion is what makes life interesting.

FYI I used pre-existing appearances for the NPC's and items so as to make the mod use as few 2da files as possible, many things in the mod were dulled down because I wanted the mod to be as compatible as possible with other mods (obviously some things couldn't be avoided however).

Edit: GarfieldJL I have had to delete your below post, further discussion on your likes and dislikes of Revan's Robes looks will take this thread off-topic, this thread is about the ORD Mandell mod. Thanks.

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-09-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #179
Rick Shan
Rookie

This planet mods doesn't count for nº of planets until the Leviathan appears? In k1 you after you visit 4 planets the leviathan appears and then you lose Bastila
Rick Shan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 04:05 PM   #180
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Shan
This planet mods doesn't count for nº of planets until the Leviathan appears? In k1 you after you visit 4 planets the leviathan appears and then you lose Bastila
Pardon me, but you are saying/asking what here... exactly?

Old 10-31-2007, 06:23 AM   #181
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Shan
Since Ord Mandell doesn't have a star map. The planet doesn't have anything to do with the Leviathan showing up.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #182
Aeroldoth
Rookie

Am I correct in thinking that one must choose between this or the Recruit Mekel mod since they both have a global.yrl?
Aeroldoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #183
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroldoth
Am I correct in thinking that one must choose between this or the Recruit Mekel mod since they both have a global.yrl?
Actually no you can use them both (with just a little wrangling)... stoffe saves the day yet again!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:35 AM   #184
Aeroldoth
Rookie

Hurray!
Aeroldoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #185
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Thanks for such an awesome mod RedHawke! The best!

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #186
rearviewmirror
Rookie

sorry to ask a dumb question, but what version do I want to download for the first time, with an installer?
rearviewmirror is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #187
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

The newest version... I left the installer version up only for nostalgic reasons or if someone has a need for it.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #188
rearviewmirror
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
The newest version... I left the installer version up only for nostalgic reasons or if someone has a need for it.
Oh ok so I just send it to my override folder as usual after I unzip it.
rearviewmirror is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #189
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Oh ok so I just send it to my override folder as usual after I unzip it.
No... Instructions on how to install it are in the readme file.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:36 AM   #190
Meatbag77
Rookie

Current Game: SW:TFU, Fallout 3
Thumbs up

Thanks for another awesome mod, Redhawke!!! I just played through on Medium difficulty with Talchia's Hardcore mod as well. OUCH. For the fights in this mod I actually had to use tactics and bait and run, a lot. Outstanding. Thank you

I have a small problem compared to some of the others I've read on this thread.
The Bargwain (sp) Blades that I've picked up throughout the planet, for a total of 30 blades, say they are upgradeable. They also have the white blocks in the title. This seems to be a reocuring problem for me. The crystals from your Jawa store mod did the same thing. I can't access the blades on my workbench in the Ebon Hawk either.

Sorry for the spelling.
Meatbag77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #191
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Umm, i think that it actually says that they are upgraded, not upgradeable.

I could be remembering wrong though.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 AM   #192
Meatbag77
Rookie

Current Game: SW:TFU, Fallout 3
I looked again. I'm an idiot. When I saw the white brackets/boxes I immediately went to report the problem. Lol.

Sorry to bother you with a stupid remark.

Thanks for the awesome mod RH!!
Meatbag77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #193
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Just an FYI all but the little white blocks in the titles/descriptions are from using a carriage return in the good old GFF editor that we had to use to edit these things before we got the function added to KotOR Tool.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #194
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
This looks quite interesting i am going to have to check it out nice work.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #195
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, KotOR2:TSLRCM
Is it just me that is too stupid to find the correct link, or is the link to download version 1.2 dead?
The only link in RedHawke's first post working for me is the alternative link for v1.0 .
Anybody has a working link to download the newest version? I'd love to try out this mod!
Bob Ta'aar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #196
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
^Nope, I can't access it either. Looks like RedHawke's website is down. He normally swoops by every so often, and I'm sure he'll take note of this thread if/when he does.

If you can't wait, though, Bob, it's a very popular mod, so I'm sure someone will be able to set you up with v1.2.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #197
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

With all the "Your site is down!" PM's etc. it makes me wonder if people other than myself can actually see my sig?

I keed!

But seriously... Yup, I know its gone folks.

With my move my site went bye-bye, my new ISP doesn't have any free web space associated with my account. I can complain to them that they suck and are slow/crappy, but that profits me nothing as high speed internet is pretty much a 'you have only one choice' thing where I am.

What does this mean? I don't know, I'll think of something when I get some free time.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #198
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ta'aar View Post
Is it just me that is too stupid to find the correct link, or is the link to download version 1.2 dead?
The only link in RedHawke's first post working for me is the alternative link for v1.0 .
Anybody has a working link to download the newest version? I'd love to try out this mod!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
^Nope, I can't access it either. Looks like RedHawke's website is down. He normally swoops by every so often, and I'm sure he'll take note of this thread if/when he does.

If you can't wait, though, Bob, it's a very popular mod, so I'm sure someone will be able to set you up with v1.2.
Doh.. I keep forgetting that the alternate link is very specific... here ya go gang. I'll fix the original post as well and add the link.

Ord Mandell v1.2 Download

RedHawke all of your mods that I've alt-hosted are still up.. but if there are any others that got left out, just let me know. It's not a problem for me to host them. I have unlimited space and bandwidth

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #199
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, KotOR2:TSLRCM
sweet! thanks a lot !

I started modding KotOR(2)!
May the Force be with ya, folks!
Bob Ta'aar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #200
wahakalol
Lurker

Current Game: Golden Sun DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
RedHawke all of your mods that I've alt-hosted are still up.. but if there are any others that got left out, just let me know. It's not a problem for me to host them. I have unlimited space and bandwidth
wait...you mean we can still get Redhawke's mods??!
do tell, I haven't been able to locate them on your site...
wahakalol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)