lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: i don't know how to use the tow-cables
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-25-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
NirB
Lurker

i don't know how to use the tow-cables

with the Snowspeeder i dont know how to use the tow cables! should i press on a certain button?? its neccesery on the mission that i'm trying to complete.
NirB is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
superfly877
Lurker

You have to have a player in the 2nd postion of the Snowspeeder to fire the cable. Or you can try to switch back and forth if you are by yourself. It is possible to make a pass by the AT-AT/STs and quickly switch to the rear position, fire the cable, and return to the pilot's position.
superfly877 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2004, 03:59 AM   #3
Neon
Veteran

How do you switch your position?

Neon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 03:29 PM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Check your controls, but the default on the PC is to roll your mousewheel up or down to change positions.

Just keep in mind that if you don't have somebody piloting while you're towing, you're going to crash and burn!

In the secondary position, go into First Person (easier) and aim at the "feet" of the Walker, and hit the fire button at fairly close range (flying "through" the middle of the legs doesn't work, btw, I tried it and crashed). Once you fire the tow, hold the fire button down and the rest is up to your pilot. If you are too far away or if the pilot flies away from the walker, the cable breaks and you have to start over.

Basically once you get a lock, an AI pilot does a pretty good job of tying the Walker up for you.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 11:39 PM   #5
SkankinShine
Rookie

For PS2 users, default control to switch positions in a vehicle is R2.
SkankinShine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 10:47 AM   #6
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
n00b.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 12:04 AM   #7
arachon
Rookie

Location: If I say cold weather blue and yellow flag, big amusment park, vikings, what do you think of
you got to have an AI in the other seat of the then change place (deafult for pc: f or mouse wheel up or down) the other player will then pilot you to the and fly close to the legs then you shall shoot primary fire on to the leg of the the AI pilot should complete the rounds to make the crash and burn. remember these two fellas
arachon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Strategy > i don't know how to use the tow-cables