lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Stable ded. server config
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-25-2004, 08:33 PM   #1
Valkyrie
Rookie

Stable ded. server config

Not sure if anyone else has figured this out but I seem to have found that if you leave the players needed to start set to zero the server stays stable throughout the rotation. Actually a clanmate Cyclone7 suggested I try it. I've only had a chance to test w/ 32 players thus far. Anyone else try it? If it doesn't work I can post the rest of my settings maybe that will help. Tom I'll try it with more player slots. This is a pc server btw. - Valk

ValkyrieKrazo on XFire

Admin of (OC-192) Clan Krazo Battlefront servers and Savage servers
Valkyrie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2004, 10:49 PM   #2
Cyclone7
Rookie

Well Valk it looks like it doesn't solve the problem after all. I was on your server tonight and it hung for awhile again.

Looks like they are gonna have to release a fix. There are so many servers out there being effected by it. I will play on a server till it hangs then I switch. It happens on every server I've played on so far. I wonder what the heck is causing it.

We originally thought it was your server crashing, but the server stays up. It's just that one one person is allowed in right away, and everyone else has to wait acouple minutes. I really hope they are fully aware of this specific issue and are in the middle of a fix!
Cyclone7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 08:15 AM   #3
Valkyrie
Rookie

Well if nothing else it helps. I sat thru about 8 games last night with no hang ups, usually its every 3 or 4 games.

ValkyrieKrazo on XFire

Admin of (OC-192) Clan Krazo Battlefront servers and Savage servers
Valkyrie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
{DeV}Plasma
Rookie

I've had min players set to zero on my servers for some while now and it still crashes

{DeV}Battlefront Server

Ventrilo
64.246.48.71:3200

www.thedevastation.com
{DeV}Plasma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:18 PM   #5
[RNGD]Tyrant
Rookie

I am not sure if there is any pattern at all.

The Ded. Server is just a crappy unstable program with no functionality...end of story.

if there were a real log we might be able to glean more...but for now all we can do is wait until they grace us with a new version

And a new version with radical features like 'stability' and 'minimize window' will be a long way off since they are porting the current one to linux before they even start on improvements.
[RNGD]Tyrant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Server Administration > Stable ded. server config