lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-28-2004, 11:56 AM   #41
FunSolo
Junior Member
 
FunSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: germany
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Basically, the armour has the "metallic" property on it left over from the original armour. The helmet does not, and that is why it isn't shiny. There still is some tweeking to do to try and get the "whiteness" as close as possible between the armour and helmet.
well, sounds good, but i hope your able to release it soon
FunSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 12:17 PM   #42
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
oh heck ya!!! excellent work prime!!!


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #43
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran
 
Darth_ToMeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 807
Best!!!


My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #44
Hybris
Rookie
 
Hybris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: I'm a Mercenary I live where there is war or a good weapons shop.
Posts: 167
Holy Mother of Yoda! If thats what you call rough then the fine version will be a dream. I love it and I await it to be done.

"I can't see anything out of this thing." ~Luke Skywalker Star Wars Ep 4


The Force
It's what fuels us all.
It's the Force that protects us.
It's the Force that makes men ethier of the dark side or of the lightside.
It's the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. But it is the also the greatest healer.
However you use it May the Force be with you.


Long live Star Wars and Halo!
Hybris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #45
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 


That is friggin' awesome Prime, very nice job.




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #46
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 


That is friggin' awesome Prime, very nice job.




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #47
Buffy
Forumite
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 566
I cant wait !!!

100% Top model really nice cant wait !
thank you also could you make Darth Vader Model too ?
I know you can make real Looks Darth Vader too ..
thank you
Buffy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #48
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The skin is coming a long pretty well, and I have most of the rough details finished. Now it is main just neatening everything and polishing things up. In the mean time, here are some screenshots. Unfortumately, most the details are sutle and not all that clear from these shots.







After the skin is done, I'll ask bneezy to set it up so that the Sith troopers are replaced. Also, I have a couple questions if anyone cares to answer.

1. Is there a way to prevent an NPC from switching to "melee mode?" I don't really want to have my stormtroopers with swords when you attack up close. Is there a way to force them to always use blasters?

2. Would it be best to disable the metallic quality of the armour? Stormtrooper armour seems more ceramic, which is less shiny. This would also make it similar to the helmet. But I do like the shininess also.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 09:39 PM   #49
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Also, I have a couple questions if anyone cares to answer.

1. Is there a way to prevent an NPC from switching to "melee mode?" I don't really want to have my stormtroopers with swords when you attack up close. Is there a way to force them to always use blasters?

2. Would it be best to disable the metallic quality of the armour? Stormtrooper armour seems more ceramic, which is less shiny. This would also make it similar to the helmet. But I do like the shininess also.
The simple answer to #1 is take their Vibro-blades away. Editing the utc's might be cumbersome, but I bet one of the talented scripter in this forum could write a remove item script that could fire in each area where there are attackable sith troopers.

As for #2 I kinda like the shiny
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 09:46 PM   #50
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Stormtroopers fashion

First of all its a perfect job!

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
1. Is there a way to prevent an NPC from switching to "melee mode?" I don't really want to have my stormtroopers with swords when you attack up close. Is there a way to force them to always use blasters?
Second of all i think that every sith soldier, although based in the same model is a unique character in the module, so i guess it would require some major change to unable the melle ability from all of them. Maybe one of the .2da files contains this property.

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
2. Would it be best to disable the metallic quality of the armour? Stormtrooper armour seems more ceramic, which is less shiny. This would also make it similar to the helmet. But I do like the shininess also.
I think you should try other effects, like envmaptexture Gunmetal or envmaptexture CM_Specmap and see what fits better to emulate the plastic glow of stormtroopers armor. I mentioned this in our last PM.

Hope i have colaborated.

Xavier2
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 09:58 PM   #51
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Re: Stormtroopers fashion

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier2
Second of all i think that every sith soldier, although based in the same model is a unique character in the module, so i guess it would require some major change to unable the melle ability from all of them. Maybe one of the .2da files contains this property.
Not necessarily. If you look at the module for upper city taris, you'll see the there are only utc files for 2 or 3 soldiers.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #52
Doom_Dealer
Forumite
 
Doom_Dealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England
Posts: 631
Yous hould only need to edit the utc file to make the sith wear it aswell, im not sure, but it might be the case that they are wearing the sith disguise item, not just have the appearance. Either way, you can just change there appearence underneath to a basic model (i.e. canderous etc.) and then equip the helmet and armour in the inventory window of kotortool.


Doom_Dealers Mods:
http://doomdealer.tripod.com/
Doom_Dealer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 12:57 AM   #53
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey
 
Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: A House
Posts: 4,043
Current Game: SWTOR
You can't really see it Prime, but I'm drooling.


"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #54
T7nowhere
Did you reset?
 
T7nowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,972
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Now that looks like a Storm Trooper Prime. Although Cm_baremetal Looks a bit too bright imo, but thats what we have to work with(that or cm_manaan, Custom shaders won't work On armor unless you replace one of those 2.) Im aslo wondering about the helm It looks a bit Flat, for lack of a better word. The texture looks great but it either needs a shader OR self-Illume is set too low On the Aurora Trimesh.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 07:24 AM   #55
Darth333
Administraterror
 
Darth333's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: In my secret dungeon...
Posts: 8,295
I don't suggest editing the .utc file for the troopers to remove their weapons. The reason is that if a .utc file with the same name is used in a cutscene, the game will crash. Bioware reused many files but changed the scripts and the contents depending on the module. The safer way would be to try with coding but then again it would be a heavy procedure and I don't know how the game would react.

Last edited by Darth333; 09-29-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #56
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran
 
Darth_ToMeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 807
How you are going to change all the Sith soldiers into Stormtroopers? You need to edit all the UTC to add the helmet?


My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 09:35 AM   #57
*Yoinked*
Junior Member
 
*Yoinked*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: foster kid in Alabama
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally posted by Hybris-Holy Mother of Yoda!
Okaaaaaay, that is most definitly a new one.......
But back on topic, I think that the armor looks amazing, but the only issues I might possibly have is the stats and the look (great job on it), for the stats I would suggest you make it have a rapid shot feat bonus and no other, for skill bonus (if possible) a negitive awareness modifier (Ben Kenobi on the Death Star), for defense 7-10 ('cause of Leia on Cloud City (bang=dead every time)), and defininetly put in no dexterity bonus with a negative to hit modifier (already said)....
Hope this helps
For the look I would make it more shiny and the helmet a tad bit smaller and the details so far are awsome keep it up....


"Live is about taking risks: place your bet!"

350+ posts yay!!
*Yoinked* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 11:05 AM   #58
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Re: Stormtroopers fashion

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier2
I think you should try other effects, like envmaptexture Gunmetal or envmaptexture CM_Specmap and see what fits better to emulate the plastic glow of stormtroopers armor. I mentioned this in our last PM.
I'm new to the whole effects thing, so let me see if I've got things straight. Here's what you told me:

"To set this property into an tex, simply create a .txt with the same name from the tex, write the envmap line, change .txt extension to .txi, place in Overrride with tex."

So if my armour texture is named armoursuit.tga for example, I need to create a text file called armoursuit.txt? I'm not sure right now what the envmap line should look like. If you have done this with your Jango skin, I'll take a look at that. But could you provide a little example here of what the envmap line in the armoursuit.txt file would look like?

Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Now that looks like a Storm Trooper Prime. Although Cm_baremetal Looks a bit too bright imo, but thats what we have to work with(that or cm_manaan, Custom shaders won't work On armor unless you replace one of those 2.) Im aslo wondering about the helm It looks a bit Flat, for lack of a better word. The texture looks great but it either needs a shader OR self-Illume is set too low On the Aurora Trimesh.
So how would I go about adding a shader to the helmet? Is it the same manner as Xavier2 discribed?

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
I don't suggest editing the .utc file for the troopers to remove their weapons. The reason is that if a .utc file with the same name is used in a cutscene, the game will crash. Bioware reused many files but changed the scripts and the contents depending on the module. The safer way would be to try with coding but then again it would be a heavy procedure and I don't know how the game would react.
It seems to me that having bladeless stormtroopers is much more work than it is worth. No matter. It would have been nice but by no means important. So I will just leave things in that department as they are.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
How you are going to change all the Sith soldiers into Stormtroopers? You need to edit all the UTC to add the helmet?
I'm hoping bneezy is going to be nice enough to do that part, since he has already done so with other models, I believe. If not, I will have to figure that out myself.

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam G.
For the look I would make it more shiny and the helmet a tad bit smaller and the details so far are awsome keep it up....
I am not a modeler and I am only working with what has been given to me, so I suspect the helmet will have to remain at its current size, which I think is OK. I'll see what can be done about the shininess.

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam G.
for the stats I would suggest
Actually, I was planning to leave the armour at the regular stats for the sith armour.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 11:39 AM   #59
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Prime,

If the texture file is labelled armoursuit.tga, then you would create a text document, and save it as armoursuit.txi.

In the txi file you would enter the line envmaptexture CM_Baremetal, where CM_Baremetal is your shader. You can use whichever shader is provided by the game (i.e. envmaptexture Gunmetal, etc), or you can use a custom shader, but I really don't know that much about those.

Save the changes and drop both the txi and the tga file into your override and new shader will be applied to your alpha channel.

I hope that helps.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 12:14 PM   #60
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Achilles
Prime,

If the texture file is labelled armoursuit.tga, then you would create a text document, and save it as armoursuit.txi.

In the txi file you would enter the line envmaptexture CM_Baremetal, where CM_Baremetal is your shader. You can use whichever shader is provided by the game (i.e. envmaptexture Gunmetal, etc), or you can use a custom shader, but I really don't know that much about those.

Save the changes and drop both the txi and the tga file into your override and new shader will be applied to your alpha channel.

I hope that helps.
Thats right. I guess Achiles was more clear than me. To see a game example double-click any class9 armor texture with Kotor Tool. When KT opens the file you can see its envmaptexture in the lower left corner of the window.

In order to change an envmaptexture assigned to the armor you should then create a .txi with the same armor name and write in it the desired envmaptexture. I hope i have explained better, though Achiles may have been more didatical

As for the envmaptexture you should use try the "Gunmetal".

In my Jango Armor i haven't changed the shader, cuz CM_baremetal was fine to me, i just used a smooth Alpha chanel.

Looking foward for you remarkable mod.

Xavier2
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 12:49 PM   #61
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Thanks guys, that makes sense now. I'll give it a try with the shader Xavier2 suggested.

I don't believe the helmet has an alpha channel currently. I assume that is the only way to add a reflective property to it?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #62
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
I don't believe the helmet has an alpha channel currently. I assume that is the only way to add a reflective property to it?
That's correct.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #63
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Okay, I tried to alter the shader but so far I'm having no luck. It always appears to be the same CM_Baremetal shading. Even if I leave the .txi file blank, it still uses the old shader.

So, I have a texture file called PMBH15.tga. And I have a text file with the extention changed to .txi (if anyone wants to look, it's here). Inside the .txi file I have the line:

envmaptexture Gunmetal

Both the .tga and .txi files reside in my Override directory. What am I missing? Is there something else that affects the shaders?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 02:34 PM   #64
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Thanks guys, that makes sense now. I'll give it a try with the shader Xavier2 suggested.

I don't believe the helmet has an alpha channel currently. I assume that is the only way to add a reflective property to it?
I don't know if its gonna work for an item not based in any Kotor model, but you should try the same armor process. It worked for my Jango Fett helmet.

Xavier2
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 02:38 PM   #65
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Okay, I tried to alter the shader but so far I'm having no luck. It always appears to be the same CM_Baremetal shading. Even if I leave the .txi file blank, it still uses the old shader.

So, I have a texture file called PMBH15.tga. And I have a text file with the extention changed to .txi (if anyone wants to look, it's here). Inside the .txi file I have the line:

envmaptexture Gunmetal

Both the .tga and .txi files reside in my Override directory. What am I missing? Is there something else that affects the shaders?
I'm not an expert, but i believe, the Gunmetal shader is softer than CM_Baremetal (i tested in helmets and armors), but is still shiny. If you use Alpha Channel in full intensity its gonna look almost the same.

Xavier2
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #66
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I also tried using an empty .txi file, yet it still seems to be its normal shiny self.

Could there be something inherent in the texture that forces the use of a certain shader? DarthToMeR's original clonetrooper armour doesn't have a .txi file yet it still is shiny.

I'm so confuselized!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 03:09 PM   #67
T7nowhere
Did you reset?
 
T7nowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,972
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Im far from being an expert with reskinning(But I can make an alpha channel ) I think the way it works is that For armor The Shader is set in the model And the only way to change the shader for it is to set envmap(appearance.2da) to something other that defualt. I could be mistaken about it, But I know svösh has tried to add his own custom shader which results in all kinds of undesired effects, From the entire scene vanishing to just the player model turing invisable.

The best way I can think of reducing the shader is by turning the Alpha channel to almost white.

svösh knows alot more about this than I do. I sugest PM svösh.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 03:36 PM   #68
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
I also tried using an empty .txi file, yet it still seems to be its normal shiny self.

Could there be something inherent in the texture that forces the use of a certain shader? DarthToMeR's original clonetrooper armour doesn't have a .txi file yet it still is shiny.

I'm so confuselized!
*shrug*

Try this: In photoshop, use the magic wand tool to select the areas of the texture that you do not want to be affected by the shader. Now right click and choose "save selection" (or something like that..don't have PS in front of me right now). In the pop-up use the drop down menu to select "alpha 1". Now the radio button for "replace existing channel" will be the default option.

Click ok, then save your texture as tga. Drop it into the overrider folder along with your txi file and see if it works.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 08:18 PM   #69
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well, I played around a bit and here is what I ended up with. FIrst, I made the white of the helmet pretty much the same shade as the white of the armour (which it wasn't before).



Next I tried Achilles suggestion to see how it changed things. First, I selected the entire texture and saved the selection. This got rid of all the shininess, resulting in this:



Then I did the same thing again, but this time only selceting a part of the texture. This resulted in:



This was the same regardless of what is in the .txi file.

Wierd. Although it isn't perfect, I'm actually surprised with how much better it looks after I had tweeked the shades of white for the armour and helmet to be almost the same.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 08:55 PM   #70
CodeDrifter
Rookie
 
CodeDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 58
I love this armor especially the one without the shinyness


CodeDrifter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 09:10 PM   #71
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Well, I played around a bit and here is what I ended up with. FIrst, I made the white of the helmet pretty much the same shade as the white of the armour (which it wasn't before).



Next I tried Achilles suggestion to see how it changed things. First, I selected the entire texture and saved the selection. This got rid of all the shininess, resulting in this:



Then I did the same thing again, but this time only selceting a part of the texture. This resulted in:



This was the same regardless of what is in the .txi file.

Wierd. Although it isn't perfect, I'm actually surprised with how much better it looks after I had tweeked the shades of white for the armour and helmet to be almost the same.
Prime

How intense is your alpha channel? The shine is proportional to how much black/white you put in it.

Xavier2
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 09:55 PM   #72
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
After goofing around a bit more, I can't really decide whether I want shininess or not. The one on the left has it, the one on the right is a rough version of the skin without. I just brightened up the second one without much regard for the details.



I think I'm kind of leaning towards the shiny one, but I'm on the fence. What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know if Orsan who made the blaster is still floating around? I want to ask him permission to include and "Englishize" it with the mod. Just wondering if he is still floating around here...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 PM   #73
svösh
 
svösh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 733
Veteran Modder Helpful! Contest winner - Modding 
Prime The reason DarthToMeR's Armour has no .txi is the model uses an alpha with cm_baremetal on the the actual model’s materials under the texture so the game needs no extra shader info to make it shine. It’s imbedded in the model on export.

Now to make your helm shine

Open the tga or psd or paint shop native file

A quick way to make a fast alpha open the channels copy the cannel that best suits you. any of the 3will do. Rename it to alpha 1

So black is transparent / masked and white is opaque / unmasked , untouched by the shine so in this case you will have gray tones of the black and white Armour . But all the black in the image and any tone of gray will shine on this channel so …
Now Invert the channel why ? because all that is white you want to shine and all that is black, not to shine. After words you can zoom in and of add custom touches with a bit of fancy editing cut and paste form selections of the actual image to the alpha or painting the shine on the eyes ect for this I recommend the airbrush 5 or 10 % opacity with black . Or the short cut levels give those pure white tones on the channel a touch of gray I mean just off white not even gray really.

To wrap it up
What ever you called the .tga for your helm make a txi

Exactly as you have done for the one you posted but replace

envmaptexture Gunmetal with envmaptexture CM_Baremetal

Save it as the same as your .tga’s name for the helm and you are set drop both files in override and give it a spin

I hope this helps you
svösh


pixel, poly builder
svösh's kotor mods

Last edited by svösh; 09-29-2004 at 10:54 PM.
svösh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 06:36 AM   #74
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
I was having all sorts of problems with the whole .txi file creation until I realized the little thing I was doing wrong. I had to make sure that when I saved the text file with "envmaptexture CM_Baremetal" in it, I chose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents (*.txt)" in the "Save as type" menu. Then save it as "texturename.txi". When I forgot to do that, I got "CM_Baremetal.txi.txt". Even if I took the ".txt" off, it wouldn't work. I had to save it right the first time. Just thought I would pass this along to anyone having the same problem.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 07:17 AM   #75
*Yoinked*
Junior Member
 
*Yoinked*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: foster kid in Alabama
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
After goofing around a bit more, I can't really decide whether I want shininess or not. The one on the left has it, the one on the right is a rough version of the skin without. I just brightened up the second one without much regard for the details.



I think I'm kind of leaning towards the shiny one, but I'm on the fence. What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know if Orsan who made the blaster is still floating around? I want to ask him permission to include and "Englishize" it with the mod. Just wondering if he is still floating around here...
I would go with the one on the left because it looks loads better.
And good luck with the mod.


"Live is about taking risks: place your bet!"

350+ posts yay!!
*Yoinked* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 07:20 AM   #76
Darth333
Administraterror
 
Darth333's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: In my secret dungeon...
Posts: 8,295
I prefer the "shiny" one too
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 07:30 AM   #77
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Also, does anyone know if Orsan who made the blaster is still floating around? I want to ask him permission to include and "Englishize" it with the mod. Just wondering if he is still floating around here...
The model and texture are from Jedi Academy. He didn't make those. The helmet was his though. Although, I believe the model and texture from that was from another Jedi Academy MOD. The texture was recolored.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 07:45 AM   #78
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by svösh
Now to make your helm shine

[snipped great stuff for space]
Thanks svösh. I'll give that a try and see how it goes. If it is OK with you, I'll PM you if I get stuck.

Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy

I was having all sorts of problems with the whole .txi file creation until I realized the little thing I was doing wrong. I had to make sure that when I saved the text file with "envmaptexture CM_Baremetal" in it, I chose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents (*.txt)" in the "Save as type" menu. Then save it as "texturename.txi". When I forgot to do that, I got "CM_Baremetal.txi.txt". Even if I took the ".txt" off, it wouldn't work. I had to save it right the first time.
I was pretty careful to save the file correctly, but I'll make sure. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam G.
I would go with the one on the left because it looks loads better.
After looking at them some more, I agree. The one on the left is like a car that has been repainted with house paint.

Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy

The model and texture are from Jedi Academy. He didn't make those. The helmet was his though. Although, I believe the model and texture from that was from another Jedi Academy MOD. The texture was recolored.
Ah, OK.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 08:15 AM   #79
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
After looking at them some more, I agree. The one on the left is like a car that has been repainted with house paint.
That Stormtrooper hadn't received his clear coat yet. He was only sporting primer.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 08:39 AM   #80
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy
 
Lorden Darkblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,474
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
I prefer the "shiny" one too

5 Troopers out of 5



Lorden Darkblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.