lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-30-2004, 08:40 AM   #81
Doom_Dealer
Forumite
 
Doom_Dealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England
Posts: 631
Definatly the one on the left, but with maybe a tiny tiny bit les shader.

Anyway, is it possible for a screenie with the helmet with abit of shader?? id like to see what it would looks like to have both the armour and helmet with abit of shine


Doom_Dealers Mods:
http://doomdealer.tripod.com/
Doom_Dealer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 09:17 AM   #82
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran
 
Darth_ToMeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 807
I like the one on the left. But i think you need to make it less shiny. And post a pic after you add the Alpha to the helmet.


My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 01:55 PM   #83
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Why not ask Hapslash's permission to use his blaster?

BTW very nice job Prime.




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #84
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Why not ask Hapslash's permission to use his blaster?
Did he make a blaster? I can't remember if he included one with the model or not...

I'm still learning about how Paint Shop Pro deals with masks and alpha channels, but I have an shiny helmet:



The problem is that the non-white details are also shiny, which I don't want. Also, it is a little too shiny, and I want to reduce that slightly. I'm going to play around a bit more and see what I can figure out.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #85
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Did he make a blaster? I can't remember if he included one with the model or not...

Yeah the file is here.




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 03:27 PM   #86
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy
 
Lorden Darkblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,474
OMG!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Did he make a blaster? I can't remember if he included one with the model or not...

I'm still learning about how Paint Shop Pro deals with masks and alpha channels, but I have an shiny helmet:



The problem is that the non-white details are also shiny, which I don't want. Also, it is a little too shiny, and I want to reduce that slightly. I'm going to play around a bit more and see what I can figure out.
Amazing job Prime



Lorden Darkblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 04:42 PM   #87
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,387
Current Game: Tetris
I agree. Great work!

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 05:06 PM   #88
svösh
 
svösh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 733
Veteran Modder Helpful! Contest winner - Modding 
Absolutely Prime , pm me if I can be more help to you,

I’m glad my alpha info was helpful by using levels on the alpha, if it’s set up like ps then drag the black point bottom slider to the white a touch this should help the other black parts not shine anymore and will make the overall channel whiter, reducing the shine I think closer to what you had in mind.

svösh


pixel, poly builder
svösh's kotor mods
svösh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 07:28 PM   #89
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Prime

I don't know if its beyond any utility by now, but i thought i should make my point about envmaptexture better clear, since nobody seems to have noticed they have very diferent effects as you can see in these Jango Fett helmet pics:

- Texture with alpha channel and no envmap
- Texture with the same alpha channel and envmap Gunmetal
- Texture with the same alpha channel and envmap CM_Baremetal

See? CM_Baremetal is much more shiny and is applied over a skin in a different way, spreading over all the surface, while Gunmetal concentrates in the edge of the model.

Hope its useful

Xavier2

EDIT: Here is another which i think fits better for the stormtrooper. It's less shiny than Gunmetal and is applied to a single spot giving the texture that plastic or fiber look

- Texture with the same alpha channel and envmap CM_Specmap

Last edited by Xavier2; 09-30-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 08:59 PM   #90
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Thanks for all the great help, guys. I've played around with the alpha channel and the .txi file. I've reduced the shine on the armour and added some to the helmet. I think it is a lot closer to the ceramic look of stormtrooper armour. I'm more or less finished the skin, and now with bneezy's help it needs to be added to the game in place of sith troopers. Here is how the stormtrooper looks now in different environments...



IIRC bneezy mentioned that when he was playing around with imported helmets, etc. before, they showed up in the game but not in the cutscenes. Does anyone know why this would be?

Thanks again for all your help, everyone.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 09:08 PM   #91
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
*Sniff* That looks so...
*Sniff* so...
*Sniff* freakin awesome!!!

Very... sweet Prime!


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 09:23 PM   #92
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
*Sniff* That looks so...
*Sniff* so...
*Sniff* freakin awesome!!!

Very... sweet Prime!
Indeed. Which envmap did you use Prime?
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 01:19 AM   #93
Buffy
Forumite
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 566
WOW !!!

is PC can use this too ?
I hope so .. thank you
Buffy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 01:55 AM   #94
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey
 
Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: A House
Posts: 4,043
Current Game: SWTOR
Awesome Prime, I can't wait.


"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 02:33 AM   #95
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
IIRC bneezy mentioned that when he was playing around with imported helmets, etc. before, they showed up in the game but not in the cutscenes. Does anyone know why this would be?

Thanks again for all your help, everyone.
Try looking around in the Stunt modules. I tried to find it for you but I just got home from a long night of drinking and I'm pretty much useless at this point. Good luck!

PS I say this because the stunt utc's are different from the default utc's. I hope that helps.

Edit: perhaps some of the modules might help as well. For instance, lev_m40aa.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 04:02 AM   #96
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran
 
Darth_ToMeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 807
So great!!!!


My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 04:59 AM   #97
StormTrooper789
Junior Member
 
StormTrooper789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Millington,TN
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Thanks for all the great help, guys. I've played around with the alpha channel and the .txi file. I've reduced the shine on the armour and added some to the helmet. I think it is a lot closer to the ceramic look of stormtrooper armour. I'm more or less finished the skin, and now with bneezy's help it needs to be added to the game in place of sith troopers. Here is how the stormtrooper looks now in different environments...



IIRC bneezy mentioned that when he was playing around with imported helmets, etc. before, they showed up in the game but not in the cutscenes. Does anyone know why this would be?

Thanks again for all your help, everyone.
Awesome work, prime!!!

The shine looks very well!


I scored 12.03156% on the Geek Test.
What about you?

Official Internet Exploiter hater!

Did you know Microsoft wants to "Assimilate" you with their products?
StormTrooper789 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 07:13 AM   #98
T7nowhere
Did you reset?
 
T7nowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,972
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
It might just be certain cutscenes. I think most will be fine but I do know that the first dialog cut with Trask can do some odd things. As an example if you use one of the alien npc's to start the game it is very likely that it will be invisible for that scene.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #99
Doom_Dealer
Forumite
 
Doom_Dealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England
Posts: 631
I'd call that perfect, dam good job mate!!!!


Doom_Dealers Mods:
http://doomdealer.tripod.com/
Doom_Dealer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 09:49 AM   #100
shosey
Junior Member
 
shosey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 380
I want to be a jedi stormtrooper!!!

excellent job!


Hosey's KotOR Mods [Ebon Hawk Basement] [High Stakes Pazaak] [I am Jedi!] [Skip Endire Spire]
More to come
shosey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 10:14 AM   #101
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
I seem to be hitting a snag. I changed all the sith troopers on the Endar Spire to the first large male caucaisan and then give them the same helmet, armor, and blaster. Some work fine, but some (like the ones in cutscenes and others) either don't have heads (but have the armor) or don't show the changes at all. I know there are some scripts in the game that automatically change inventory and appearances when you trigger something. For example, Trask will revert back to his old form with a vibroblade when you meet Bandon on the Endar Spire. I haven't had any luck with the STUNT modules. They only have .utc's for certain areas and almost all involve Malak, Revan, Dodonna, and "Yoda". I went through all of them. Any thoughts? Also, the helmets disappear when they die.

By the way, I double checked to make sure all spelling and settings were correct. Maybe if I changed the Sith trooper model to a PC model and then changed the .utc's, that might work.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 11:13 AM   #102
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier2
Indeed. Which envmap did you use Prime?
IIRC, I have the baremetal for the armour, and gunmetal for the helmet. To be honest, I haven't really played around much more with the envmaptexture/.txi stuff. Most of the tweeking I have done is with the alpha mask. That has allowed me to get the reflectiveness to pretty much where I want ti.

Quote:
Originally posted by Buffy
is PC can use this too ?
My idea is that it will replace the Sith armour that is gain on Taris, and then given away at a later time. But since bneezy is setting up that this stuff, it is up to him as well. After all, it is not just my mod. I'm only doing the skinning portion of it. We haven't really discussed it that issue far.

In the end, it will be available to the player through cheats at least.

Quote:
Originally posted by Achilles
Try looking around in the Stunt modules. I tried to find it for you but I just got home from a long night of drinking and I'm pretty much useless at this point. Good luck!

PS I say this because the stunt utc's are different from the default utc's. I hope that helps.

Edit: perhaps some of the modules might help as well. For instance, lev_m40aa.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully you will be able to continue helping us with the problems bneezy is currently having.

But it is nice to see you make it out from behind the screen for a few pops now and then, Achilles.

Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere
It might just be certain cutscenes. I think most will be fine but I do know that the first dialog cut with Trask can do some odd things. As an example if you use one of the alien npc's to start the game it is very likely that it will be invisible for that scene.
Cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
I seem to be hitting a snag. I changed all the sith troopers on the Endar Spire to the first large male caucaisan and then give them the same helmet, armor, and blaster. Some work fine, but some (like the ones in cutscenes and others) either don't have heads (but have the armor) or don't show the changes at all.
Is it only the cutscene ones that don't work correctly? Or are there "in game" ones that also have the same problem? When you say you've changed all the troopers on the Spire, is that different form changing them on other worlds/places?

Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
I know there are some scripts in the game that automatically change inventory and appearances when you trigger something. For example, Trask will revert back to his old form with a vibroblade when you meet Bandon on the Endar Spire.
OK.

Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
I haven't had any luck with the STUNT modules. They only have .utc's for certain areas and almost all involve Malak, Revan, Dodonna, and "Yoda". I went through all of them. Any thoughts? Also, the helmets disappear when they die.
Do you have any more ideas about this, Achilles?

Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
By the way, I double checked to make sure all spelling and settings were correct. Maybe if I changed the Sith trooper model to a PC model and then changed the .utc's, that might work.
Cool. Keep us up to date with your progress, and hopefully we can get you as much help as possible.

Keep up the good work, bneezy.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #103
T7nowhere
Did you reset?
 
T7nowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,972
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
I have a partial solution to the problem But it may be the best idea.

Bneezy you can continue to replace the the sith trooper model with a PC one and give them a head, but rename the import the head into gmax then link the storm trooper helm to it rename the model export it compile it and add that new storm trooper head to the sith soldier. It will work and it will only require a head model and edited appearance plus the skin and all that The only problem with this is that the head will be static.

Xavier2 mention in svösh's modeling tut thread that he got his edited head to work without looseing animation accept it was stuck in the wrong position on the body. Perhaps he could tell you how he compiled the model with animations and you might be able to get some head movement.

Even if the animations won't work I think linking the storm trooper helm to a pc is better than editing utc files. and you will still see body movement so at a distance as your killing them you prbably won't even notice the head doesn't move.

EDit : oh ya and to be clear this would solve almost every problem with turing sith trooper into Storm troopers. every npc that uses that appearance row will be a storm trooper even the SITh armor you get on Taris will make you look like a storm trooper Though I would recommend taking off the disguise prop and including the helmet when you get he armor. There might be a problem with sith troopers that use a different color texture though, like the sith commander in the under city.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 11:45 AM   #104
Darth333
Administraterror
 
Darth333's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: In my secret dungeon...
Posts: 8,295
Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Even if the animations won't work I think linking the storm trooper helm to a pc is better than editing utc files. and you will still see body movement so at a distance as your killing them you prbably won't even notice the head doesn't move.
I believe this is the best solution too. If you use .utc files you will run into trouble during cutscenes and perhaps at ther moments of the game.
Quote:

EDit : oh ya and to be clear this would solve almost every problem with turing sith trooper into Storm troopers. every npc that uses that appearance row will be a storm trooper even the SITh armor you get on Taris will make you look like a storm trooper Though I would recommend taking off the disguise prop and including the helmet when you get he armor.
Not sure I would do this. I can look at the files this evening to confirm whether or not you can do this safely. There is a script attached to that file (if I remember, there is something about the disguise but I don't remember the contents of the script) and spells.2da so npcs react differently when you wear that armor. But iin any event, it would be possible to make a new script so the result is the same at the end... before going further with my ramblings, let me check it. I'll get back to you on this this evening.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 12:30 PM   #105
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Thanks for the great help guys and gal.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #106
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
I replaced the Sith soldier files with PMBHS and renamed them "n_sithsoldier". I then renamed the armor texture to PMBH01 (which is what the game gave me (PMBH01) when I changed the files.) The bodies work fine, animations and all. The correct texture shows up as well. The heads are what I'm trying to figure out now.

T7, did you mean change the Sith soldier appearance in "appearance.2da" and not with the actual files? Then, change the "normalhead" to a head model that I imported and linked the helmet to? Or do I need to make a unique head and add it to "heads.2da" and change that in "appearance.2da"? I just need it broken down "Potato Head" style so I know I'm following your directions exactly.

Xavier2 respond! We need your insight on your head models.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 12:33 PM   #107
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere

Xavier2 mention in svösh's modeling tut thread that he got his edited head to work without looseing animation accept it was stuck in the wrong position on the body. Perhaps he could tell you how he compiled the model with animations and you might be able to get some head movement.
That's true i managed to edit a head without affecting animations. There is a set back though, the head loses its attachment to the neck and as the body moves the head accompanies like a baloon barely stucked to it.

The thing is the head model has a complex parental relation between the objects its made of. There is an specif object i think is preventing edited head to work. Its the cut_scene_dummy, which i guess refers to body attachment. If we could export it right, i guess it would work as armor editing worked for svosh (pocketless armor) and me (Boba Fett from soldier clothes). Maybe cchargin could help.

Xavier2

EDIT: I made a mistake the object is Scene Root not cut scene dummy. The aurora base is related to that but the head model doesn't have any Scene Root object

Last edited by Xavier2; 10-01-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #108
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
Well it's progress.

Xavier2, clean out that mailbox.

That's a lot better.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)

Last edited by bneezy; 10-01-2004 at 12:59 PM.
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 01:13 PM   #109
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy

Xavier2, clean out that mailbox.
Done
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 01:38 PM   #110
T7nowhere
Did you reset?
 
T7nowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,972
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
That's a lot better.
Good now that you have the Head, you will need to make it completly unique renaming the model and addin it to heads.2da and then add the head # into appearance.2da into the normal head column. doing this and replacing n_sithsoldier with PMBHS which you say you have done.

As long as the sith soldier row is edited it will change all armored sith. But I think you know what your doing now.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 02:05 PM   #111
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
I've changed the appearance correctly in "appearance.2da". I get the same effect changing the appearance file as I do completely changing model files (renaming PMBHS.mdl/mdx to n_sithsoldier.mdl/mdx) so I know it is working as it should. When I rename the new head model "n_traskh" to test it on trask, it works fine. I added it as #107 in "heads.2da" and called it "n_storm". I changed the "normalhead" column to read 107. Nothing. The head doesn't show up. Am I missing something?


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 02:06 PM   #112
Lorden Darkblade
Computer Crazy
 
Lorden Darkblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,474
OH MY GOD!!!!

It is perfect!!!!
Outstanding job prime



Lorden Darkblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 02:19 PM   #113
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
I've changed the appearance correctly in "appearance.2da". I get the same effect changing the appearance file as I do completely changing model files (renaming PMBHS.mdl/mdx to n_sithsoldier.mdl/mdx) so I know it is working as it should. When I rename the new head model "n_traskh" to test it on trask, it works fine. I added it as #107 in "heads.2da" and called it "n_storm". I changed the "normalhead" column to read 107. Nothing. The head doesn't show up. Am I missing something?
The .mdl should be n_storm.mdl for it to work. Also, i think you should Hex edit and replace references to the original name of the model. Look Orsan's Obi-Wan head and you can see he replaced the text pointing to Carth's original head.

Xavier2
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 02:54 PM   #114
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
I'm getting closer and closer. What the deal with the texture is, I don't know. The only things in the override are the helmet texture with .txi, n_storm.mdl/.mdx, heads.2da, and appearance.2da. I changed the "modeltype" to "B" and the head started working. I replaced the two N_SithSoldier with PMBHS under modela and texa.

Update: That's new.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)

Last edited by bneezy; 10-01-2004 at 03:07 PM.
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 04:29 PM   #115
FunSolo
Junior Member
 
FunSolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: germany
Posts: 317
looks like the texture of the armor´s missing, on the last pic? and it looks like you changed the whole look of the troopers.. the helmet looks good, but i dont like the armor on the other 2 shots
FunSolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 04:33 PM   #116
Darth_ToMeR
Veteran
 
Darth_ToMeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally posted by FunSolo
looks like the texture of the armor´s missing, on the last pic? and it looks like you changed the whole look of the troopers.. the helmet looks good, but i dont like the armor on the other 2 shots
He still didn't add the armor texture.


My KOTOR Mods Site:
http://darthtomer.tripod.com
Darth_ToMeR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #117
T7nowhere
Did you reset?
 
T7nowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,972
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
I'm getting closer and closer. What the deal with the texture is, I don't know. The only things in the override are the helmet texture with .txi, n_storm.mdl/.mdx, heads.2da, and appearance.2da. I changed the "modeltype" to "B" and the head started working. I replaced the two N_SithSoldier with PMBHS under modela and texa.

Update: That's new.
did yopu paste PMBHS in texa it should be PMBH
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 05:59 AM   #118
bneezy
Junior Member
 
bneezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Modesto, CA (USA)
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere
did yopu paste PMBHS in texa it should be PMBH
Woo Hoo! Thanks T7 and everyone who helped make this happen. It's about time! I need to take a nap after this one!

Now, is there any way I can change the texture to a unique one instead of replacing PMBH01 with another file? For testing (the final version will use Prime's textures), I used Darth ToMeR's white Clone trooper armor (PMBH15) and renamed it PMBH01. It worked, but I wouldn't want someone to buy an armor that used the PMBH01 and get the Stormtrooper texture.


---------------------
(bee-knee-zee)
bneezy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 07:24 AM   #119
Xavier2
Forumite
 
Xavier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 504
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
Woo Hoo! Thanks T7 and everyone who helped make this happen. It's about time! I need to take a nap after this one!

Now, is there any way I can change the texture to a unique one instead of replacing PMBH01 with another file? For testing (the final version will use Prime's textures), I used Darth ToMeR's white Clone trooper armor (PMBH15) and renamed it PMBH01. It worked, but I wouldn't want someone to buy an armor that used the PMBH01 and get the Stormtrooper texture.
Just name it PMBH97 (avoid conflict with my Jango armor), but make sure to put it in the appearence.2da line in texture columm.

Xavier2

EDIT: Above instructions are for replacing Sith armors. For use with PC and party members it's enough name it PMBH97 and create a custom .uti file for it (in the texture variation tag of your custom .uti, the # should be 97, so the engine understands which tex look for).
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 07:31 AM   #120
*Yoinked*
Junior Member
 
*Yoinked*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: foster kid in Alabama
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally posted by bneezy
Woo Hoo! Thanks T7 and everyone who helped make this happen. It's about time! I need to take a nap after this one!

Now, is there any way I can change the texture to a unique one instead of replacing PMBH01 with another file? For testing (the final version will use Prime's textures), I used Darth ToMeR's white Clone trooper armor (PMBH15) and renamed it PMBH01. It worked, but I wouldn't want someone to buy an armor that used the PMBH01 and get the Stormtrooper texture.
Dude that looks frigggin awsome, I absolutely can not wait til it comes out, keep up the good work Prime an bneezy!


"Live is about taking risks: place your bet!"

350+ posts yay!!
*Yoinked* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.