lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Battlefront PC Patch 1.01 Thread (second official patch)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #41
KaBuTaR

stupid question from a lurker.

are they going to update the retail version on the CDs to this so that this patch is only for those of us who've bought the thing already and all new retail copies won't need it? or nothing of the sort?
KaBuTaR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #42
Iceman_IX

Quote:
are they going to update the retail version on the CDs to this so that this patch is only for those of us who've bought the thing already and all new retail copies won't need it? or nothing of the sort?
This is usually only done for major updates but it's a possibility. Won't know till they start printing new CDs (which would also be a requirement) but probably.

XFire id: icemanix
NF7 | MBarton 2500 200x12.5 @1.875v
OCZ3200EL 2x256+512 @11-3-3-2
eVGA 6800GT | SB Live 5.1
Antec 430 | SLK-900 @53C load
Iiyama E431S | XDreamerII @30C
3dMark05: 4111
nForcersHQ
Iceman_IX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 07:15 PM   #43
KaBuTaR

"probably" - ie they will change the CDs? is there any way to find out and when would they start printing the new ones? lol... i'm guessing that they'd do it and change the box design at the same time (go to a regular box instead of the fold out flap thing) so I guess that's something to look for... but not before a few months at least... no?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:28 PM   #44
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Normally, when you're in-game, there should be a place where it says which version of the game you're running.

I don't think there's any way they'll change the CDs. Not so soon at least.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 08:26 PM   #45
KaBuTaR

yea i think ur right... i know about the ingame version detail but i meant on the cds... but it wouldnt make sense for them to change the cds so soon after release anyway - lol...
Old 10-02-2004, 03:21 AM   #46
DarthPooDoo
Lurker

Since ive downloaded the patch the server select screen has gone weird. When you put the select thing over the server the ping goes to green when before all the pings where red. When i clicked to go to a server it loads up the planet but then goes back to the windows desktop. Also it still says the server is full on some servers even though it says like 29/32 or somethink like that. Seriously annoying!

The Jedi Temple - Dedicated Server
DarthPooDoo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 01:13 PM   #47
Jaden Malip

I know its not radically important, but how about when you finish an instant game and it shows you the stats it has a thing that says what level the AI was. Then, I can prove to my friends that the 60 kills was against hard AI.
Jaden Malip is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2004, 03:25 PM   #48
NCIceman
Rookie

Uninstalled patch, sick of pings no longer working

Well, I got sick of pings and player counts not working since loading the patch, so I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the game to get rid of it. I'd rather wait 2 minutes each time and have usable information.

I would have liked to kept the NAT fixes, though, so if someone knows something more about taking the patch apart and seeing what files are in it, I would appreciate the information.
NCIceman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 12:42 AM   #49
Nemios

Some tips for a patch:

- Make the crouch button a key you have to hold pressed like all the others FPS. Leave the prone one as it is.
- After a finished battle, when you see the stats, give the possibility to exit from the game session. If it's already there well I can't see it. If I press ESC it starts to load the next map and only when I'm back in the battle I can exit the game!
- Give the possibility to select an option where your weapon change automatically when you go out of ammo.
- An option to set which POV, first person or third person, you want to auto select for every situation (on foot, in a vehicle, in a starfighter) would be appreciated.
- In galactic conquest it would be nice to be able to choose which map to attack first for the planets with 2 battles.
- Give the possibility to select an option where you set your HUD to show numbers instead of graphic bars for health, vehicle status etc.
- Give the possibility to change your charachter name without changing your profile, or at least to copy your profile with another name.

"I find your lack of first person lightsaber disturbing" - Darth Vader
"May the first person lightsaber be with you" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Nemios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #50
ExSQUEEZEme!
Rookie

Thumbs down wtf

At least you guys can connect...Im on the ps2, and after waiting 75 seconds for it to realise there's a patch, it takes another 75 seconds to say Error Processing Patch.

Yay....just what I need...

I tried deleting old patch from memory card, but still same thing....this sucks. Aren't patches supposed to fix things? Not, not let you connect online?

This sucks so much....wow. Im furious. I was supposed to play with some fellow forummembers on another forum too...

RAWR

http://www.socom-2.com
ExSQUEEZEme! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:02 PM   #51
[RNGD]Tyrant
Rookie

PC 1.01 Patch released

From: http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Battlefront.htm

English version: Download Now!

Quote:
For PC: 1.01 Update

Patch Name: Battlefront1_01.exe

Platform: PC

Format: CD-ROM

Size: 2.72MB

Min. Requirements: N/A

Posted: 10/04

Installation: After downloading the update, double click on Battlefront1_01.exe to install. The installer will automatically search for the folder where you originally installed Star Wars Battlefront and install the update. If the update does not locate Star Wars Battlefront on your system, you may need to reinstall the game and then run the Battlefront1_01.exe.

This update for the game has been modified to correct the following:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Improves NAT negotiation for online games which may help improve multiplayer performance.

Minor fix to server browser screen.

Corrects an issue with connecting via GameSpy Arcade.

Corrects an issue with losing connection to the host after Task-Switching.

Added planet names at Planet Loading Screen.
File: Battlefront1_01.exe - English version (LucasArts FTP Site)
[RNGD]Tyrant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #52
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

So this isn't 1.00a, right?
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #53
teeth_03
Rookie

hmmm,i believe it sez 1.01,and I dont think its a typo....

"In the absence of light,darkness prevails"
E-Mail and MSN-Teeth_03@hotmail.com
teeth_03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:14 PM   #54
Kivan28
Rookie

Bleh... hopefully theres more to come!
Kivan28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:16 PM   #55
shrinker
Rookie

Jeez, I'd wish they'd say what the fixed "issue" is, so you'd know whether it's worth installing it. (I'm thinking about points 2 and 3). It's not like there's only one issue they could possibly be talking about.

Not that I'm ungrateful... :-)
shrinker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:26 PM   #56
JediGreenLizard
Rookie

So people....How is the patch ?? Whats everyones take on it ? Does it change anything noticeable ?
JediGreenLizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:27 PM   #57
Lindsey

(grumble) Yet I am, I've been kinda hoping they would add a Spec mode to the game, and fix that damn FPS cap. Why can't they code and release a big patch instead of these puny ones.

Who gives a #%$@ about NAT negotiation.

(hisssss) its just that the MP part of the game has been unplayable for me, and after plunking down 55 bucks, thats just painful
Lindsey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:29 PM   #58
[RNGD]Tyrant
Rookie

Patch is limited to connectivity
I guess the figure they need to fix peoples ability to get into and stay in games before they start working on the gameplay issues.

I cant see the dif with the ingame browser, but you can use 3rd party browsers now (GSA, xfire, ASE)

Kind of a stark comparison though to the EA's release today of the 200MB BFV 1.2 Patch with new maps, vehicles, weapons, spectator mode, etc, etc,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #59
Lindsey

exactly, they had a spec mode (its how they took those planet vids for the site) yet they took it out. Its annoying cause my film is almost done, but im hung out at Battlefronts part. Pardon me while I let off a little steam now....

RORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lindsey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #60
Stryker412
Rookie

Yet another pointless patch. I agree skip the small patches and give us a 40MB patch that fixes multiple issues.

Stryker412 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 05:12 PM   #61
widkidone
Lurker

I am glad they are fixing the connecting issues first. Then i hope they can opitimize the maps some what better.

widkidone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 05:30 PM   #62
Iceman_IX

Fixing 3rd pary connectivity is HUGE. This is great, though I agree the patch is meager. I still disconnected after a game. The "minor fix" to the server browser is in reference to the 1.00a fix.

It fixes 2 issues that most people didn't have trouble with and a third issue that was an outcry from the community that wasn't really needed after the first week or so. But nice to know they are listening to us.

Fixing 3rd party connectivity is huge. I will test that now... yep, I was able to connect to one of my favorite servers. Unfortunately, it was empty because no one joins servers that are low on the list.

nForcersHQ
Old 10-07-2004, 05:35 PM   #63
Iceman_IX

1.01 Patch released. Few minor fixes. Provides hope for fixes. Fixes 3rd party connectivity issue.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Battlefront.htm

This update for the game has been modified to correct the following:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Fixes 3rd Party Connectivity - HUGE. Can now connect via ASE, XFire, etc.
  • Corrects an issue with connecting via GameSpy Arcade.
  • Corrects an issue with losing connection to the host after Task-Switching.
  • Added planet names at Planet Loading Screen.
Things that are still not fixed: balance issues, disc from server with map switch, FPS lock in MP, improved server browser, minor bugs.

nForcersHQ
Old 10-07-2004, 06:15 PM   #64
Schetter
Rookie

Ok folks, we've gotten two, albeit small, but two patches nonetheless, and we're not even a month past the release.

The dev team is not intending to leave this game stranded, and is letting us know this by releasing these minor patches. The major patch will come sooner or later...but many of you are taking the stance that these patches to fix the little stuff should just be thrown back in Pandemic's face - FOR SHAME. If they DIDN'T, you guys would griping that they haven't fixed ANYTHING.

I consider these patches to be somewhat of a down payment here, just a reassurance that the issues are being addressed...that's all we can ask for at this point. There's no way they can get all the major issues patched out in so little time, and those ARE being worked on. Why can't they release patches for the lesser issues in the meantime?

techmonkey@excite.com
#twl_sw - irc.gamesurge.net
XFire - 194schetter
Schetter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 07:14 PM   #65
[RNGD]Tyrant
Rookie

for shame to the appologists who seem to think its acceptable to sell people a defective product based on the hope it will work as advertised 'eventually'

they are still fixing **** that should never be in a modern game...and there are still many things left in the game that dont belong in a modern vid game
Old 10-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #66
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Wow

This is the fastest amount of patches released I've seen(there's probably faster but I didn't care for those games).

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 07:55 PM   #67
Tyler_Durden

I love this game however i feel that if the devs don't provide updates on a weekly basis or post some sort of confirmation on what the next patch will fix, this game will lose popularity very soon. I don't think they want that to happen so soon after release when they are going to release editing tools and fix all the game's problems. I know that they are working to appease all the PC gamers out there and working on releasing tools so that we can add our own stuff as well but those who aren't as patient and can switch back to 1942 and vietnam will if they don't get something to sustain them. That's the truth here guys, straight up. The boards are filled with server admins who are either threatening to shut down or have already shut down their dedicated servers, and in most cases they don't come back.
Tyler_Durden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #68
MURS
Rookie

Straight up i've haven't played the PC version, so i don't have much say, but the xbox version is good.

Give this game another couple months, they'll work out a lot more of the bugs and and have full installion patch, instead of these minor 2mg ones.
MURS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #69
Iceman_IX

Quote:
for shame to the appologists who seem to think its acceptable to sell people a defective product based on the hope it will work as advertised 'eventually'

they are still fixing **** that should never be in a modern game...and there are still many things left in the game that dont belong in a modern vid game
I largely agree but the only major bug still left in the game is losing connectivity during server switching. The server browser still needs fixing but it was workable in its first iteration. I hope they come up with something soon.

As for admin controls, not sure what they're doing with that but something is coming.

This game is really in version 1.00b and a realistic 1.01 is just around the corner. I give it another 2 weeks. By then server browser and connectivity should be fixed or improved to a large extent.

That all said, I don't play the game much and don't really expect to till the server browser and connection issues get fixed. Just too frustrating to get on a server and stay there and keep the fun going for hours, unlike games like CounterStrike.

nForcersHQ
Old 10-07-2004, 09:23 PM   #70
[RNGD]Tyrant
Rookie

my point was beyond the fact that there are still bugs in the game, that is bad enough. But the multiplayer graphics, ingame browser lack of RCon and other fundamental designs of this game are just unaccaptable for a game released in 2004. Then you have the balance issues, the mod issues and all the other things that you would come to expect from a game that is trying to be like Battlefield.

Lets face it...they talked this game up in pregame interviews and gave us the impression it was going to be a real PC game on par with Battlefield, UT2004, COD and other PC games and it is not (and may never be). I really wanted to love this game, some day I might, but I dont excuse Pandemic and LEC for putting out a game that is far from finished.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:52 PM   #71
Scavenger
Rookie

Handy, i use ASE alot
Scavenger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 12:03 AM   #72
Tyler_Durden

My best advide, Tyrant, uninstall BF, then move onto another game for the time being. I mean really there's no point in going on further about the issues the game already has, they know what the problems are and hopefully are in fact working on them. The question is, when are we going to see those fixes, if they even get fixed?

I felt the same way about JA except they never gave a hoot as to what i had to say about certain things i hated, a first person view, above everything else, which was never properly implemented with the single player game. They released i think 2 patches within the span of a year or so. Pandemic has released 2 patches within 3 weeks which is unheard of in any Luca$art$ game to date. So in those regards i am happy that Pandemic is at least trying to address issues with the game. I just wish they could give us a clue as to what they are currently fixing and give us updates once a week or so as to keep people from totally abandoning the game which, unfortunately is happening as we speak.

Truly the only way to really be heard is to email the devs or go onto a board in which they actually visit and respond. I know that some have perused this board and have responded generously to questions about the game before release. It does seem that the overly negative tone of these forums has scared them off.
Tyler_Durden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 01:44 AM   #73
sup3rsnail
Rookie

You guys probably won't be seeing an actual UPDATE to the game for awhile...
These measley patches take them a while to make for some reason...
sup3rsnail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 04:49 AM   #74
Schetter
Rookie

My point is that I excuse Pandemic. They're making their best effort to get this game in the polished state that it should be in. I will concede the point and I have made the point in the past that this game was released unfinished. I don't think it's entirely Pandemic's fault. I really think that the fact that we have a buggy, unfinished game on our hands is the fact that Lucas's marketing department wanted this game to be on the shelves at the same time that the trilogy hit. This obviously didn't give them enough time to even do a small private internet beta.

I think we have a right to be a bit angry because we shelled out good money for a beta...they're going to patch it, so that pretty much absolves Pandemic in my mind. If you really need someone to blame, blame Darth Lucas.

techmonkey@excite.com
#twl_sw - irc.gamesurge.net
XFire - 194schetter
Schetter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 05:50 AM   #75
XBebop

Quote:
Originally posted by [RNGD]Tyrant
my point was beyond the fact that there are still bugs in the game, that is bad enough. But the multiplayer graphics, ingame browser lack of RCon and other fundamental designs of this game are just unaccaptable for a game released in 2004. Then you have the balance issues, the mod issues and all the other things that you would come to expect from a game that is trying to be like Battlefield.

Lets face it...they talked this game up in pregame interviews and gave us the impression it was going to be a real PC game on par with Battlefield, UT2004, COD and other PC games and it is not (and may never be). I really wanted to love this game, some day I might, but I dont excuse Pandemic and LEC for putting out a game that is far from finished.
Stop your whining These nice people have given us a game we've waited for for a long ass time and you're not even grateful? Makes me sick.
XBebop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 06:16 AM   #76
Philboy
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by XBebop
Stop your whining These nice people have given us a game we've waited for for a long ass time and you're not even grateful? Makes me sick.
They didn't give it to us for free, we had to pay $55 for this game! These guys didn't do us a favour, they wanted to sell a product. If I buy something I expect it to be good and proffessional. If this was a free mod then I would whole-heartly agree with you.
Philboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 07:03 AM   #77
chrishaolin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Stryker412
Yet another pointless patch. I agree skip the small patches and give us a 40MB patch that fixes multiple issues.
the more code that is touched the better the chances of breaking something that already works..

feeling froggish? leap..
chrishaolin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 07:20 AM   #78
Cyclone7
Rookie

I love playing this game. I have a ton of fun. I know there are issues, but it appears Pandemic is working on them. I'm happy to see they are at least releasing fixes, whether or not they are the size and quantity people want right now. Just give them time and they'll work their way down the fix list.

Seems to me some people are complaining about the issues more then they are enjoying the game. If that's the case, do as someone metioned earlier, just take a break and come back when you feel the game is in good enough condition for you to enjoy it.

You have legitimate gripes, but at this point it's not doing you or anyone else any good to be so upset and so pissy about things that cannot be changed as quickly as you'd like them to be.

-Let Pandemic know what issues there are
-Try to support the community and the game in a pro-active way
-Have fun with the game

If you can't do those things, give another game some usage for a few weeks, then come back and see if you like how things are looking.

P.S. In no way is this directed at you Tyrant, actually quite the contrary. I think you've done a heck of alot to assist this community, and am happy to have you around. This is focused at people that are just here to complain and aren't really getting anything out of the game.

Last edited by Cyclone7; 10-08-2004 at 07:36 AM.
Cyclone7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 10:37 AM   #79
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
I don't see what the problem is here. I didn't expect a big patch with new features yet, so i'm GLAD they're fixing 3rd party connecting.

Yes we did pay for the game, but still. If you're not happy with it, don't dl it.

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #80
LoQ
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by XBebop
These nice people?!?!?! What are you, thier P.R. rep? THese "nice people" have our 50 + bucks! These "nice people" promised us one thing and didn't deliver. Instead I get a game that has way too many bugs for me to mention. A game that I rarely play now because of said bugs, and the only reason why I have kept it installed is in hopes that patches will come out soon so I might actually be able to enjoy the game that I paid for. Not to mention that it took me three times to get the damn game to install(another common problem that I have read on the forum), so if I were to uninstall it I might not be able to get it installed again when a REAL patch actually comes out!

Yeah these "nice people" better be nice. Because we have every right in the world to be angry with them, and this fiassco of PC game could ruin buisness for them regarding future games. I've seen it happen with other game companies before and it could happen agian! I personally have been waiting for "Full Spectrum Warrior" to finally come out on the PC. The other day I see that it finally has, so I go to get it and guess what? I see that it has been developed by Pandemic. So what did i do? I put it right back on the shelf and just bought some dvds instead. That's one less sale Pandemic has gotten because of SWBF. I can assure you that I am not the only person in this world who has done this either!

"Nice people", HA!!! Now that makes me sick!
LoQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Battlefront PC Patch 1.01 Thread (second official patch)