lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Darth Vader killed
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #1
MrTrust
Lurker

Darth Vader killed

For those of you that where wondering, it appears the hero's can be killed.

I killed vader with a wooking on the first bespin map (the one with the two bridges, and all the starfighters), He had just exited the bridge and went over to kill a rebal that was standing on the edge of the platform. I dumped a grenade right next to him and blew him off the platform, I WISH I would have gotton a screenshot but I suck.

The bad news is he respawned, but on the summary page, which wouldnt let me get a screenshot it showed his death.

Sorry if this is old news and you knew they could be killed already.

I have still been unable to even wound a hero with conventional fire.

"Few leaders can pass up the opportunities for aggrandizement offered by superior force."
MrTrust is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
AIVAS

I haven't been able to kill any with any form of fire, they somehow reflect blasts from even tanks. What I'd like to see is to make jedi killable, but maybe add two per map, because I cna typically keep tabs on where the enemy jedi is, and avoid that area.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
AIVAS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 10:19 PM   #3
richcz3

My nephew managed to knock Luke over edge with a grenade this weekend while he was sabering some troops. Didn't think to look if he died though in the stats screen. I presumed they were simply unstopable.

richcz3
richcz3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 10:21 PM   #4
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

I have killed a jedi twice. BTW, it is wookiee not wooking.

Sig encountering technical difficulties...
Evil Dark Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 03:12 AM   #5
Zerosaber
Rookie

I've killed Vader as well. You have to use alot of fire power and explasions. Vehicles are a great way to do but still take a long teim. Unless you blow them of a cliff.
Zerosaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 03:59 AM   #6
vmontice
Rookie

Wow I have heard of people firing at him 30/40 times with AT-AT and no damage done to him. LOL nice work.
vmontice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 04:35 AM   #7
FishStix
Rookie

yeah, one time on that same Bespin map when i was an imp we were taking a command point and luke came running down the hall at us and we all opend up on him and he just fell over and died

Battle Front Marine Corps
FishStix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:20 AM   #8
NCIceman
Rookie

Cripes, Evil Dark Jedi, that was obviously a typo... :P
Yeah, looks like plummeting them off platforms is the only way to "kill" them, but they respawn anyway.
NCIceman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:29 AM   #9
JediGreenLizard
Rookie

I dont understand...I have yet to play a map where the Hero was on the opposite team as me. Heros dont appear in Instant Action, which sucks. So where in this game do you get to play AGAINST a hero ?
JediGreenLizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:38 AM   #10
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

You can enable Heroes in Instant Action, go to Game Options
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:39 AM   #11
JediGreenLizard
Rookie

Didnt know that ! Thanks !!!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:40 AM   #12
richcz3

Quote:
Originally posted by JediGreenLizard
I dont understand...I have yet to play a map where the Hero was on the opposite team as me. Heros dont appear in Instant Action, which sucks. So where in this game do you get to play AGAINST a hero ?
Set up your game for a multiplayer on a LAN and pick the Server Options. One of the options there is Hero.

richcz3
richcz3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:42 AM   #13
JediGreenLizard
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by richcz3
Set up your game for a multiplayer on a LAN and pick the Server Options. One of the options there is Hero.

richcz3

I dont want to play Multiplayer yet....Im only playing Single Player Instant Action....Waiting for a good patch to come out to fix Multiplayer.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:07 AM   #14
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Yea same here, just playing it on Xbox and I'm having fun with Instant Action and Galactic Conquest

I'm going Live soon probably
Master William is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 08:32 AM   #15
Whoopknacker

Dont know what you guys are talking about, all of the heros are clones. That is why they respawn

Would be cool if Vader was in the Hoth map and stormed the Echo Base with his posse.

Thank you sir may I have another
Whoopknacker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 10:03 AM   #16
weyoun7
Lurker

Chewie takes all

Me and my friend killed vader. And not the pussy way. I shot at him and distracted him (after a lot of blasting) and my friend charged his bowcaster and nailed his sorry ***. He dropped his saber, fell to the ground and NEVER respawned. OH YEAH!
weyoun7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 11:50 AM   #17
Kivan28
Rookie

Re: Chewie takes all

Quote:
Originally posted by weyoun7
Me and my friend killed vader. And not the pussy way. I shot at him and distracted him (after a lot of blasting) and my friend charged his bowcaster and nailed his sorry ***. He dropped his saber, fell to the ground and NEVER respawned. OH YEAH!
Suuuuure....
Kivan28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #18
Kivan28
Rookie

Re: Chewie takes all

Quote:
Originally posted by weyoun7
Suuuuure....
Kivan28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 12:25 PM   #19
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

I've killed a lot of Jedi. Never by weapons though. I've run over my team's Jedi with a tank or speeder (on accident ) lots of times. I even blasted Vader into the Sarlacc pit with splash damage. Funny seeing that tentacle reach out and pull ol' Vader in. Heh.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #20
AIVAS

Yesterday, my friends were watching me play a round, and I was playing mos eisley in the clone wars era, I had stolen a droid tank, and had cornered count dooku. He somehow reflects the tanks blasters with his light saber, so you have to aim near him, but not on him. Using splash damage, you can keep him in the air, and in about 60-90 seconds, he'll just stay on the ground, and dissapear. You get no kill point, and I'm not sure if he respawns or not, but it is fun to do the "jedi juggle" with any tank or vehicle.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
AIVAS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:25 AM   #21
yangyan

hey u can also try sqashin the jedi with an atat...

very low chance though except i managed to do it, or try blowin them off cliffs with that recon driod explosion :P

yangyan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 04:57 AM   #22
Neon
Veteran

I tried to TK darth vader with dets, but I don't think you can kill him with weapons only with vehicles and at special places.

Neon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #23
Skellington

I HAVE killed Luke on Endor...dunno if it's the same for the other heroes (Mace seems to have WAY too much power to deflect EVERYTHING). I hopped into an AT-ST and used the main cannons near him repeatedly untill he died from explosion wash. Then he just spawned again, which is a total crock. If he's a hero, surely once he's dead he should STAY dead. That can even help bring some sorely lacking strategy to the game...remove the bonusses of the enemy team.
Skellington is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:05 PM   #24
Iceman_IX

Try mines. I doubt the Heroes can destroy the mines very easily. I haven't bothered cause heroes stink.

XFire id: icemanix
NF7 | MBarton 2500 200x12.5 @1.875v
OCZ3200EL 2x256+512 @11-3-3-2
eVGA 6800GT | SB Live 5.1
Antec 430 | SLK-900 @53C load
Iiyama E431S | XDreamerII @30C
3dMark05: 4111
nForcersHQ
Iceman_IX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #25
Godlike222
Lurker

According to what they wrote about the game before it came out, the heros could be hurt in battle and when they got to half energy or 3/4 damage, they would dissappear. But they were suppose to be strong and hard to kill since it is a planet bonus in conquest mode. Now I had Luke on Hoth and hit him with the ATAT main guns which knocked him down and I kept hitting him with those guns and he kept flying in the air. I hit him at least 40-50 times in a row. He never lost any health and never dissappeared. I do not think anyone can kill a hero with a vehicle weapon or a player weapon. I can see the off the cliff method working though.

I hope hero killing is something they fix in the patch (s) although it certainly is NOT high priority...

PS I was actually killed by a hero today for all of you who have never played against them... It happens, especially in galactic conquest mode.... Kinda neat getting sliced up....

Godlike

"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!!"
Godlike222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #26
Zerosaber
Rookie

That's too bad when a jedi kills you you don't see any dismemberment ( when you arm is cut form the body or a leg, or any body part seperates from the body). that would be cool.
Zerosaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 03:50 PM   #27
insanellama
Rookie

yeah...i like to hide behind jedi and use them as a shield, it really works obviously cuz they deflect everything that comes your way

i think the heroes are way overpowered though...how wouldn't someone die from a grenade, or huge blasters from a vehicle??just doens't make sense even for a jedi, they die too

but its really easy to dodge jedi just keep running around them and they'll never kill you, just you wont ever kill them either

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT WILL OWN ALL!!

Shadow Army of the Galactic Empire Join today! PC, XBOX, AND PS2!
insanellama is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 05:37 PM   #28
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Killed Mace today by blasting with the AAT cannons and he never respwaned.

NOTE: When you blast a jedi and the fall down they heal when they get back up.

Sig encountering technical difficulties...
Evil Dark Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 06:43 PM   #29
Shadey

Jedi juggling is so fun.

Jedi die when the ticket count for their team gets down to twenty.

You can run them over and blow them off the map with grenades or splash damage from a laser but thats it as far as i know.

Or at least it did that to me twice.

Aliens sh** me - Emperor Palpatine (attributed)

Last edited by Shadey; 09-29-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Shadey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 02:20 AM   #30
yangyan

i did it! i dunno how but half my team fired at him with vehicles, turrets, weapons and all and he fell over, dropped his saber and disspeared... wtf.

yangyan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 11:53 AM   #31
Jaden Malip

I saw Count Dooku fading on the ground in an internet match earlier. Dunno how, or who, but I saw it.
Jaden Malip is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 12:36 PM   #32
xXx-Tricky-xXx
Lurker

i killed dooku with the mega droid that shoots rockets. he just falls to the ground and disappears. You just blast everything you have by his feet to make him fly through the air. Hey is it possible to have a sith vs jedi. Like make vador follow you and find luke and they fight.
xXx-Tricky-xXx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 03:40 PM   #33
Skellington

Getting sliced WOULD be cool, if they only DID it on a regular basis. I was running around in the dune sea as a rebel, and suddenly heard this ominous mechanical breathing. After panicking, and trying to get some space between us, I realized he wasn't doing a damn thing. I shot him, he stood there deflecting it. I ran circles around him, he stood there. I started poking him in the head going "I'm not touching you, does this bug you?"....NOTHING. Most dissapointing.
Skellington is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Darth Vader killed