lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: i want the music
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-01-2004, 05:30 AM   #1
maxloef
Rookie

Question i want the music

hey guys o would like to get the music from the game but i cant seem to open a .lvl file can anyone help me cause i dont have a clue how to sue a hex editor.
maxloef is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 08:07 AM   #2
gui1e
Rookie

Just for information

I think the game sound effects are stored in the sound/common.bnk and the music stored in each of the sound/.lvl files. I've loaded them into goldwave and although they're at the wrong sample rate etc you can make out the different effects/music.

gui1e
gui1e is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #3
richcz3

gui1e

What did you use to extract the sound files?
What is the format used?

richcz3
richcz3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 08:21 AM   #4
gui1e
Rookie

I used a program called goldwave and loaded the file into it as RAW. A lot more work needs to be done to ascertain the correct format for the sound /music and to be able to extract/pack them correctly.

gui1e
gui1e is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 09:15 AM   #5
maxloef
Rookie

i dont understand that goldwaave thingy can you send the music to me (maxloef@hotmail.com use msn)
maxloef is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 07:04 AM   #6
Yahoo.s2f
Rookie

I think you can use any sample editor to load the file as RAW (as mentioned before) and then pitch the samplerate
down to about -25 in some areas and -15 i think in others, it seems that the samples are in different samplerats in the file so just experiment with the rate and you will find the right one eventually (im talking about the games SFX)

Yahoo.s2f is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Modding & Editing > i want the music